AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-17, 06:46   Link #4701
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voceane View Post
By the way, in LN there is a lot of women, girls who use ORE or BOKU when they speak.
It's called "bokukko".
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 19:34   Link #4702
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Yeah, right.The author just described her in the afterword of v 13 as one of the carnivores. Yuri is the only herbivore out of the girls.Lilli wants to eat Godou as much as the other two, she just disguises herself well. She's a wolf in sheep's clothes.

By the way, funny enough, Godou's VA=Kirito's VA.
I think it was pretty obvious from Lily's writings and her imagination.

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 20:07   Link #4703
Miraluka
Banned

I don't think Yuri counts even as herbivore.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 20:29   Link #4704
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

knowing lily .. having a role play of her own novel's with godou might be her fantasy .. xD
Old 2012-10-17, 20:36   Link #4705
Yye1
Wide Right

@ Wilfriback Yeah, but Yuri eems to have gotten much more forceful

@Phoenix If that happens it would be one of the best things in the world, but its gonna be quite kinky

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 21:00   Link #4706
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I don't think Yuri counts even as herbivore.
Not according to the author. He specifically called her a herbivore.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 21:04   Link #4707
The Green One

She's the closest thing to a herbivore out of the girls in the harem currently.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 19:51   Link #4708
bludvein

Just read the fight with Athena, but is this really it?
Spoiler for ...:
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 22:15   Link #4709
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Just read the fight with Athena, but is this really it?
Spoiler for ...:
He would have lost completely if the fight had continued, it was completely one sided. Godou's been outmaneuvered at every turn. The sword was gone without being able to fulfill any effect. He's wounded. Despite being able to use the camel, the camel's next to useless against Athena. As for the white horse, he can use that, but Athena can block it with Aegis. As for the goat, the goat's condition of use is not activated yet. The wind is useless. As for the youth, there's barely any girls left for him to use it on, and wouldn't have made any difference. All that's left is the bull and the raptor. I can't imagine his physical strength alone would be able to defeat Athena. The result would be the same as what happened with the raptor. The only option left would be the boar and the raptor. Athena could most likely just fly and outmaneuver the boar in the air. Godou knows that his chances were low, and that's why he accepted Guinevere's offer.
Old 2012-10-18, 22:21   Link #4710
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
He would have lost completely if the fight had continued, it was completely one sided. Godou's been outmaneuvered at every turn. The sword was gone without being able to fulfill any effect. He's wounded. Despite being able to use the camel, the camel's next to useless against Athena. As for the white horse, he can use that, but Athena can block it with Aegis. As for the goat, the goat's condition of use is not activated yet. The wind is useless. As for the youth, there's barely any girls left for him to use it on, and wouldn't have made any difference. All that's left is the bull and the raptor. I can't imagine his physical strength alone would be able to defeat Athena. The result would be the same as what happened with the raptor. The only option left would be the boar and the raptor. Godou knows that his chances were low, and that's why he accepted Guinevere's offer.
Yeah, Godou got beat. Its like a chess game, he was in the period of the "Endgame", but still I feel he is going to regret his decision. As for Athena, I hope she teaches Godou a lesson between being human and a Campione. So far there are many times where he felt useless and thinks to himself "how can I let this happen", does anyone here see the irony in this? I know Darth does so Darth you can't answer.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 22:35   Link #4711
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
He would have lost completely if the fight had continued, it was completely one sided. Godou's been outmaneuvered at every turn. The sword was gone without being able to fulfill any effect. He's wounded. Despite being able to use the camel, the camel's next to useless against Athena. As for the white horse, he can use that, but Athena can block it with Aegis. As for the goat, the goat's condition of use is not activated yet. The wind is useless. As for the youth, there's barely any girls left for him to use it on, and wouldn't have made any difference. All that's left is the bull and the raptor. I can't imagine his physical strength alone would be able to defeat Athena. The result would be the same as what happened with the raptor. The only option left would be the boar and the raptor. Athena could most likely just fly and outmaneuver the boar in the air. Godou knows that his chances were low, and that's why he accepted Guinevere's offer.
I disagree though.. She turned people into stone and the goat isn't useable? That's silly.. She also summoned a big snake didn't she? He should be able to summon the Boar. He also hasn't combined abilities or used the Kusanagi sword in the fullest yet .. I think he took the easy route on this one
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 22:35   Link #4712
bludvein

Im not disagreeing exactly, but I don't think it was completely hopeless either. She probably would've won and certainly had the advantage, but you make it sound so much worse than it was.

The wound wasn't debilitating, and would've healed if he kept the camel up. The camel was holding a stalemate pretty well, and he still has Ame no Murakumo's power and its variations on his authorities. He has the Bull, Boar, White Stallion, Raptor, and quite possibly the Goat (considering the damage she did before he arrived). Having the Warrior nullified hurts but he still has cards she knows nothing about.

I was expecting something like Godou getting completely owned from your descriptions, which just didn't happen.
Old 2012-10-18, 22:38   Link #4713
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Im not disagreeing exactly, but I don't think it was completely hopeless either. She probably would've won and certainly had the advantage, but you make it sound so much worse than it was.

The wound wasn't debilitating, and would've healed if he kept the camel up. The camel was holding a stalemate pretty well, and he still has Ame no Murakumo's power and its variations on his authorities. He has the Bull, Boar, White Stallion, Raptor, and quite possibly the Goat (considering the damage she did before he arrived). Having the Warrior nullified hurts but he still has cards she knows nothing about.

I was expecting something like Godou getting completely owned from your descriptions, which just didn't happen.
Spoiler for vol 9:
As for the White Stallion, the Bull and the Boar, I told you reasons why they would be useless.Unless pigs could fly, the boar would be as good as useless. You do realize that Athena could fly, don't you?The stallion would have been blocked and that's it. As for the bull, what makes you think the bull is more effective than the camel? As for the raptor, the only real good that ability has, because Godou doesn't want to go god-farming and improve it, is just running and escaping. He would have accumulated a great sense of pain as he uses it, and would be dead the moment he stopped using it .
Old 2012-10-18, 22:45   Link #4714
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Its all speculation of how the battle might have turn out, but Godou was countered every single time. He was back to corner regardless majority of the time. Also, this isn't the first time he been back to a corner. There are times, yes the protagonist being back in a corner makes good reading because you want to see how he will get out it, but we've seen this scenario many times. It is quite appalling that Godou doesn't seek to learn or gain more powers or use the ones he has effectively, training may not get him any authorities, but with increase use of his authorities he will get better using them or die down the side effects. Even without the Last King, there are still Gods that can pop out at anytime so he needs to prepare. Hoping in vol 9 we can see some glimpse where he will be thinking about this.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 22:45   Link #4715
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Spoiler for vol 9:
As for the White Stallion, the Bull and the Boar, I told you reasons why they would be useless.Unless pigs could fly, the boar would be as good as useless.The stallion would have been blocked and that's it. As for the bull, what makes you think the bull is more effective than the camel?
That reminds me, it's somewhat unclear what the Kusanagi sword can do..

He used it to create an iron ring to imprison Wukong by using his attribute of steel and the power of his morphing staff against him.. So isn't there something he could do to Athena? Or maybe just use raptor to speed up close to her and chop her? Then again Kusanagi never swings for the kill right away even if he could ..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 22:55   Link #4716
bludvein

Quote:
Spoiler for vol 9:
As for the White Stallion, the Bull and the Boar, I told you reasons why they would be useless.Unless pigs could fly, the boar would be as good as useless. You do realize that Athena could fly, don't you?The stallion would have been blocked and that's it. As for the bull, what makes you think the bull is more effective than the camel? As for the raptor, the only real good that ability has, because Godou doesn't want to go god-farming and improve it, is just running and escaping. He would have accumulated a great sense of pain as he uses it, and would be dead the moment he stopped using it .
If he uses the White Stallion normally you would certainly be right, but whos to say what it does when used with the Kusanagi sword? The Boar may not be able to fly, but its described as being able to jump amazing distances. Or it can be used like a looney tunes anvil and dropped on her like with Perseus. Can't think of an immediate use for the bull, but its certainly not useless with the right tactics. The biggest factor is the Kusanagi sword though. Its a complete unknown to Athena and we never even got to see what it did when it absorbed her powers.

The fight was far from over even if Athena would've probably won. You act like all he did was get smacked around and was about to be finished off.
Old 2012-10-19, 00:18   Link #4717
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
If he uses the White Stallion normally you would certainly be right, but whos to say what it does when used with the Kusanagi sword? The Boar may not be able to fly, but its described as being able to jump amazing distances. Or it can be used like a looney tunes anvil and dropped on her like with Perseus. Can't think of an immediate use for the bull, but its certainly not useless with the right tactics. The biggest factor is the Kusanagi sword though. Its a complete unknown to Athena and we never even got to see what it did when it absorbed her powers.

The fight was far from over even if Athena would've probably won. You act like all he did was get smacked around and was about to be finished off.
He was about to be smacked around. His confidence of winning was shown when he cheated. He was always talking about fairness here and there, unwilling to resume playing baseball because it's 'cheating',he was more than willing to break his principles because he knew that his chance of winning was low. As for the leaping boar, you do realize that Athena has both tough defences(the snakes would probably shield her) and flight, right? As for the kusanagi sword with the horse, Athena could probably still block it with her shield. It would just be a flaming sword. Not to mention, Godou's 'swordsmanship'(if you would even call it that) isn't exactly one of the best.
Old 2012-10-19, 00:47   Link #4718
The Green One

Quote:
He was about to be smacked around. His confidence of winning was shown when he cheated. He was always talking about fairness here and there, unwilling to resume playing baseball because it's 'cheating',he was more than willing to break his principles because he knew that his chance of winning was low. As for the leaping boar, you do realize that Athena has both tough defences(the snakes would probably shield her) and flight, right? As for the kusanagi sword with the horse, Athena could probably still block it with her shield. It would just be a flaming sword. Not to mention, Godou's 'swordsmanship'(if you would even call it that) isn't exactly one of the best.
There's a bit of a difference between playing a harmless sport and fighting a duel to the death which you're currently losing. It's true though that Godou was fighting a losing battle and his remaining options had little chance of succeeding, especially considering Athena was familiar with most of his powers. Using the grail was an obvious act of desperation but when the choices become "Cheat or Die", the correct decision was obvious to make.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 01:06   Link #4719
bludvein

It's not even that really. Godou realized other people would suffer if he loses so he puts aside his pride. A sports game just doesn't compare, because that only effects himself. Besides, he isn't entirely at fault for "cheating" because he didn't have a clear grasp of what the spell did. He just used what he had at hand. In fact, this is one of Godou's good points imo. A win is a win.
Old 2012-10-19, 01:39   Link #4720
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
It's not even that really. Godou realized other people would suffer if he loses so he puts aside his pride. A sports game just doesn't compare, because that only effects himself. Besides, he isn't entirely at fault for "cheating" because he didn't have a clear grasp of what the spell did. He just used what he had at hand. In fact, this is one of Godou's good points imo. A win is a win.
It's not actually a good point. You do realized that there's a reason why Guinevere is 'helping' him, right? Even he himself knows it, and is suspicious of Guinevere. Even so, the situation for him was so desperate that he had no choice but to accept 'help' from Guinevere--even though that 'help' could turn out to be potentially nasty.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem