AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-02, 05:54   Link #261
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Not really on entire season on the reaction to the Carnivals, but heals up wounds and help them put themselves in their feet once again until a new threats and encounters have come.
And this right here is why I have problems imagining a second HiME season. How are the girls supposed to face the next threat when the HiME star, the source of their power, is gone? The cast of HiME are simply ordinary girls now.

Quote:
But seriously I wouldn't be shocked that If they really connect HiME to Otome and that would be a problem for the franchise and Sunrise.
How so? Half the fans are already trying to link the series anyway, me included.

Quote:
Now the only to make Mai-Franchise to be successful is only to bring back the story and what is worth for the fans to be involved always to give them alot opinions instead what the PR thinks. It's time to create a new leaf for Sunrise and gather more what people care for the most about anime. Of course sequels and remakes can work, If they can work on good story plot wise and bring more people to the phase, then this franchise would be back on it's feet in no time.

In the City of Fuuka and beyond, they are alot stories, that even Sunrise couldn't even think of and really have the chance to continue they should have done it a long time ago. I'm sure this is one dimensional kind of things, but even for me I would have a done a story in a heartbeat to make a second season. But go back and think hard enough Kereko, than you have alot options HiME than even yourself could make the possibilities. I'm not trying to turn you into a HiME fan or not, but think in those possibilities.
I can think of many possibilities, however thinking of possibilities that are believable rather than appearing like a fanfic-turned-anime is more difficult. Anything that would give the girls back their powers needs to be thought out very carefully, otherwise it'd come off as 'Lol! Plot device!' and make the entire series feel like a bad fanfic.

Quote:
Well Mai, let's just say that Otome was like Gundam and plus don't forget that sometimes that sex sells even the fact that other guy who worked from Bandai along time ago said that Otome was targeting Maids in Cafe and for suggestive of lesbianism. (Plus I love suggestive lesbians, but not too much.)
And HiME is just as guilty of the sex sells principle (What great boobs you got, Mai) and the suggestive lesbianism (Ohai there, suggested Natsuki rape).

Quote:
Still they exploit that even though I heard it's said that they don't have good writers in that time as well.
You should know by now to take second-hand sources with a grain of salt.

Quote:
But that's what I'm thinking. Seriously the only that the Mai Franchise will continue is to focus on HiME and becomes successful once again and give people what it want, good storyline and alot things that they never imagine and yes to become more realism than ever. That's what Sunrise wants to do and I'm sure that they will give a sequel by next year. Other things, I want HiME to become the next Sailor Moon or possibly Fullmetal Alchemist. Still they may return to the manga to give a better and proper series or just do some novel on HiME like Rhapsody failed on epic proportions.
The main problem I see is that you turn the opinion of you and your friends in the opinion of everyone. You're saying that the only way to turn the series 'back' into a success is to re-shift focus on the HiME part, but why should focusing on a part of the franchise that is less popular be the best move?

Quote:
Plus deep down, HiME is more better than Otome it ever was and plus they knew they were beating a dead horse from the start. Even though alot of HiME fans from the start and plus Otome fell face on it's back and never understood from the beginning. That's why Sunrise is getting alot heat from the fans and to thier supporters. Sunrise must listen to the fans and give them what they want. The only thing that Otome was better in sales because of the mindless Otaku and those don't have no sense at all. Come on Japan we know better than this.
See? This is what I mean. Even though Otome is more popular, and therefore considering better among the majority of the fans, you claim that HiME was better.

What fans want is not a sequel to HiME, what fans want of for Sunrise to stop jerking us around and start answering some of the damn questions they keep making with Otome. Another HiME wouldn't answer any of the Otome fans questions about Otome.

Now what I can see as a sequel is one focusing on the time-gap between HiME and Otome (assuming the two are linked, of course). However, this would not mean seeing the HiME cast again. A sequel focusing on the time-gap would be situated much further into the future, with perhaps at most Miyu and an older Alicia, and even Alicia is questionable.
Old 2009-10-02, 06:48   Link #262
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Hehehe... now, now, don't get so divided between HiME and Otome!

I'm not talking about either one of you, Highman and Keroko, but I'm speaking in general. There have been cases where fans of the franchise are either pro one and anti the other but hey, cool down! As someone who loves the franchise as a whole, I say that both HiME and Otome are as good as the other. Do I like HiME better? Yes. But do I say that HiME is a better series than Otome just because I like it better? No. Both series are special in the own way as I mentioned time and time again. That's my point of view on this whole situation! >:]
Old 2009-10-02, 09:27   Link #263
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Heh, I'm more of an anti-anti-Otome myself.

Well, that, and as a writer I find blind statements saying 'the should make a HiME sequel' without thinking through how hard it is to make a sequel to a closed story come off as believable slightly irksome. Not enough for me to comment on, but when it's followed by 'instead of [insert derogatory comment] Otome' I get irked enough to start poking holes in peoples bubbles.

I mean, I'm all for a HiME sequel, but I want a believable one. Simply reviving the HiME star and giving them back their powers so they can fight enemy X sounds ridiculous. The story of Mai and the HiME is closed, they've lost their powers and are living a happy life. No need to drill a hole in that when we have many more plotlines that can be addressed.

Of course, the downside about this is that it would feature only a few of the HiME cast at most, which would probably not satisfy a lot of the fans.
Old 2009-10-02, 11:33   Link #264
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And this right here is why I have problems imagining a second HiME season. How are the girls supposed to face the next threat when the HiME star, the source of their power, is gone? The cast of HiME are simply ordinary girls now.

How so? Half the fans are already trying to link the series anyway, me included.

I can think of many possibilities, however thinking of possibilities that are believable rather than appearing like a fanfic-turned-anime is more difficult. Anything that would give the girls back their powers needs to be thought out very carefully, otherwise it'd come off as 'Lol! Plot device!' and make the entire series feel like a bad fanfic.

And HiME is just as guilty of the sex sells principle (What great boobs you got, Mai) and the suggestive lesbianism (Ohai there, suggested Natsuki rape).

You should know by now to take second-hand sources with a grain of salt.

The main problem I see is that you turn the opinion of you and your friends in the opinion of everyone. You're saying that the only way to turn the series 'back' into a success is to re-shift focus on the HiME part, but why should focusing on a part of the franchise that is less popular be the best move?

See? This is what I mean. Even though Otome is more popular, and therefore considering better among the majority of the fans, you claim that HiME was better.

What fans want is not a sequel to HiME, what fans want of for Sunrise to stop jerking us around and start answering some of the damn questions they keep making with Otome. Another HiME wouldn't answer any of the Otome fans questions about Otome.

Now what I can see as a sequel is one focusing on the time-gap between HiME and Otome (assuming the two are linked, of course). However, this would not mean seeing the HiME cast again. A sequel focusing on the time-gap would be situated much further into the future, with perhaps at most Miyu and an older Alicia, and even Alicia is questionable.
I think you should go back to my other post on my own new threats list and possible adventures, but sooner or later I'll write more about this later. But one of the only that this have their powers back is to believe their inner selves and true strength and graces of technology (not including Otome.) further more I'm sure they kept as gift for winning the Carnival and plus they maybe bloodlines that past through generation to generation even we think that their mothers could pass down to them. Possibly they still have their even the fact they have to guide something to lead on and I'm hoping they pull something off. I still believe that they will go back on HiME and give us something better to look around too. No, I hope they won't connect HiME to Otome, because that would seem so stupid and foolish, plus the worst idea that Sunrise can even think of, I know the Japanese are smarter that this travesty of Otome, but I seen things more better from them to this, besides school life is more better than a boarding school full of lezzies. (I love Lesbians, but not too psychotic.) Plus I eat grain of salt with a lot pepper on sources, so don't count on it, If I'm right.

In my speculation on this, HiME will be back on top once again and Sunrise must accept this or lose the fans credibility.
Old 2009-10-02, 11:46   Link #265
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I think you should go back to my other post on my own new threats list and possible adventures, but sooner or later I'll write more about this later. But one of the only that this have their powers back is to believe their inner selves and true strength and graces of technology (not including Otome.) further more I'm sure they kept as gift for winning the Carnival and plus they maybe bloodlines that past through generation to generation even we think that their mothers could pass down to them. Possibly they still have their even the fact they have to guide something to lead on and I'm hoping they pull something off.
*shakes head* You're piling speculation upon speculation, and it's not really coming off as something believable. They kept their powers as a gift for winning the carnival? This is exactly what I mean when I say that writing a HiME sequel is tough, because virtually any explanation you can come up with as to why they regained/managed to keep their powers will come of as 'lol! Plot device!'

Why not focus on one of the many different plotlines in HiME? Like SearS? Would create a far more believable story.

Quote:
I still believe that they will go back on HiME and give us something better to look around too.
If you call bringing the series to Blu-ray, then yes they are.

Quote:
No, I hope they won't connect HiME to Otome, because that would seem so stupid and foolish, plus the worst idea that Sunrise can even think of,
And why is that so? You insult and insult, but you never back up said insults.

Quote:
I know the Japanese are smarter that this travesty of Otome, but I seen things more better from them to this, besides school life is more better than a boarding school full of lezzies. (I love Lesbians, but not too psychotic.) Plus I eat grain of salt with a lot pepper on sources, so don't count on it, If I'm right.
*rolls eyes* Oh the hypocrisy. You're calling Otome 'a school full of lezzies' while ignoring the fact that HiME did exactly the same thing?

Quote:
In my speculation on this, HiME will be back on top once again and Sunrise must accept this or lose the fans credibility.
So they need to accept your speculation even though their numbers tell them an opposite story?
Old 2009-10-02, 12:11   Link #266
Highman

Quote:

Well, that, and as a writer I find blind statements saying 'the should make a HiME sequel' without thinking through how hard it is to make a sequel to a closed story come off as believable slightly irksome. Not enough for me to comment on, but when it's followed by 'instead of [insert derogatory comment] Otome' I get irked enough to start poking holes in peoples bubbles.

I mean, I'm all for a HiME sequel, but I want a believable one. Simply reviving the HiME star and giving them back their powers so they can fight enemy X sounds ridiculous. The story of Mai and the HiME is closed, they've lost their powers and are living a happy life. No need to drill a hole in that when we have many more plotlines that can be addressed.

Of course, the downside about this is that it would feature only a few of the HiME cast at most, which would probably not satisfy a lot of the fans.
Closed Story, Closed Story! *facepalm* How many times you watched Mai HiME, matter of fact it doesn't matter. Really this show had alot of plotholes on what this is about, I'm hope you understand this and don't take this seriously man. This was no closed story, it was open for anyone to know and I think this series is the beginning and I don't Mai's and gang don't get too easily after that defeated I'm sure someone or anyone would face off against them, even though the odds stacked up against them. For Mai sake her story until there's a true closer ending from and it's not the first series and I'm sure Sunrise would understand this.

Last edited by Highman; 2009-10-02 at 14:54.
Old 2009-10-02, 18:29   Link #267
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Quote:

I can see where you're coming from, mate

Its okay for fans within the series to debate but I'd like to see a friendly discussion and not one where HiME fans and Otome fans start insulting one another just because one shares a different opinion from the other. An example would be on MAL (MyAnimeList) where fans within the series seem to be divided between Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome. I'm afraid to say that its mostly the HiME fans who are like this. They say stuff like 'Mai-HiME is better than Mai-Otome' followed by 'I seriously don't see anyone who thinks the opposite' which will be followed by '[insert random username] thinks the opposite' and thus, making that Otome fan look like a dumbass. As for me, I like the series as a whole so I like everything that Sunrise has given us within the franchise, be it anime, manga, games, novels and what not. So I feel that I just need to restore 'peace' between HiME and Otome fans since I like both series. But I do know I can't change people's opinions. But just keep the discussions friendly! ^_^

Last edited by KongZilla; 2009-10-03 at 07:08.
Old 2009-10-03, 02:10   Link #268
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Guys Don't tell me that the anouncement on sept 30th was actually a FAUX....
Old 2009-10-03, 04:44   Link #269
Highman

Quote:
*shakes head* You're piling speculation upon speculation, and it's not really coming off as something believable. They kept their powers as a gift for winning the carnival? This is exactly what I mean when I say that writing a HiME sequel is tough, because virtually any explanation you can come up with as to why they regained/managed to keep their powers will come of as 'lol! Plot device!'

Why not focus on one of the many different plotlines in HiME? Like SearS? Would create a far more believable story.

If you call bringing the series to Blu-ray, then yes they are.

And why is that so? You insult and insult, but you never back up said insults.

*rolls eyes* Oh the hypocrisy. You're calling Otome 'a school full of lezzies' while ignoring the fact that HiME did exactly the same thing?

So they need to accept your speculation even though their numbers tell them an opposite story?
Hey, I think better than you than those stupid Sunrise writers. It takes time to break it down and find which is the best pitch and story. I've learned this as part on my fanfiction as well and anyone who does their work. Besides alot of people understand completely about how continuation series and it goes worse from it and yes I've seen from movies. But for HiME it really takes from the cake, I really want to take on how what pressure they would against the anyone is an adversaries or ally. I think they're alot stories that need to be done in Fuuka, with Nagi giving us what the future holds, I think this battle is not over yet and plus the torment will never end for Mai and the gang, unless the only way is to face judgement and prepare anyone comes in their way and become the new age of heroes.

Searrs, they would fail again, If they really care for the resources enough and fight against any faction that stands in their way and yes I wouldn't be shocked, If they want a strong golden millenium for their organization and no they are not going there on HiME and Otome connection, BS and totally stupid. I see them lose to by the hands of the Japanese.

HiME was opened enough, Otome not even close by a long shot too much of that crap then your mind is plaging you all their incest.

Bloodlines, The Gifts of Childs, Plus new administar and new powers everything, just play the cards and you get what you need at the end a great sequel trilogy in your hands....................look I'm working with someone on fanfiction that I see some potential on this one and willing to help this to become successful, If your interested PM me back man!
Old 2009-10-03, 04:45   Link #270
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Guys Don't tell me that the anouncement on sept 30th was actually a FAUX....
Yeah, it was just a speculation, yep it was. Sorry man again!
Old 2009-10-04, 09:36   Link #271
X_Danny_X

did my post get deleted? if so why? i know the board was having problems.

i was just asking if there were creating a new series? dont have time to read all the posts.

i was wondering if someone could give an answer.
Old 2009-10-04, 14:26   Link #272
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
did my post get deleted? if so why? i know the board was having problems.

i was just asking if there were creating a new series? dont have time to read all the posts.

i was wondering if someone could give an answer.
As of now there are no announcements of such.
Old 2009-10-05, 21:01   Link #273
Highman

Quote:

I know it sounds ridiculous but it's worth was kinda, let's just think in this story that the HiME were just protectors instead of fighting, that would been a great story from the start.
Old 2009-10-05, 23:50   Link #274
solarknight123

Quote:
I know it sounds ridiculous but it's worth was kinda, let's just think in this story that the HiME were just protectors instead of fighting, that would been a great story from the start.
I think the fact that they had to fight one another was an intresting twist. Plus when you think about it, they were protectors in a way. In order to protect the world from the hime star, they had to risk the lives of the ones most precious to them.
Old 2009-10-06, 06:54   Link #275
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
I think the fact that they had to fight one another was an intresting twist. Plus when you think about it, they were protectors in a way. In order to protect the world from the hime star, they had to risk the lives of the ones most precious to them.
Yeah, but the real story is that they were protectors instead of fighting each other, unless we have a reason why they want to fight each from the first place, I really think HiME are protectors just from the beginning. I think that HiME star was destroyed freed from the sacrifices of the important person anyway. I still HiME needs a continuation, no matter what. Having to fight against each other wouldn't solve anything. Besides more evil is yet to come for the HiME's
Old 2009-10-06, 13:12   Link #276
solarknight123

Quote:
Yeah, but the real story is that they were protectors instead of fighting each other, unless we have a reason why they want to fight each from the first place, I really think HiME are protectors just from the beginning. I think that HiME star was destroyed freed from the sacrifices of the important person anyway. I still HiME needs a continuation, no matter what. Having to fight against each other wouldn't solve anything. Besides more evil is yet to come for the HiME's
I would like a continuation from Hime too, but for the most part like Keroko said, the story has been closed. The HiME star, the very star that gave them their powers in the first place would bring calamity to the earth when it descended every 300 years. The himes had to fight one another, killing each other's child thus in tun killing each other's important person. They had to do this untill one hime was left. Then the remaining hime would wed the obsidian lord and become the center of the obsidian palace, thus taming the power of the HiME star and sending it back untill 300 years have passed and the cycle began again. This cycle was brought about by the obsidian lord and when Mai and the others destroyed him and the star, they broke the cycle completely, saving both the world and their important people. Now they no longer have to suffer the fate of the carnival nor do future generations. There is the Sears foundation, but one can easily assume that now that the HiME star is gone, they have no use for Fuuka or the girls. You see, everything has been resolved for the most part in Mai-Hime. There is nothing left for the girls to deal with. Nagi just said that the future was uncertain because usually winning the carnival brought prosperity for Japan, but Mashiro said that the girls can make their own good future. So yeah the story has been resolved and unlike otome there is not much to make a sequel from, only a prequel. The girls powers are gone because the HiME star is gone so they are just normal girls. Don't get me wrong, A direct sequel from Hime would be pretty cool. But like Keroko said, they have to be very careful on how they reintroduce the girls powers and everything.
Old 2009-10-06, 13:54   Link #277
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I agree for the most part but I still wish they expanded on the Searrs, District One and Iwasaka thing a bit more. It seems like a good potential for a plot or for a sequel but with the HIME star actually gone, I don't know how it is going to happen. Otome has a good potential for more sequels and prequels but with the story as convoluted as it is and the glaring plot holes that involve Mikoto, Fuuka Building and Miyu herself, I don't know if Sunrise is actually thinking of an overall plot for Otome. What was Otome attempting to be at first? A school comdey? War drama? Or what? I wish I knew but nevertheless while Otome may have potential for sequels even more so than Hime, I cannot help but feel that it wouldn't feel all that planned out considering what was suppose to happen and what we ended up with in Sifr.
Old 2009-10-06, 15:40   Link #278
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I agree for the most part but I still wish they expanded on the Searrs, District One and Iwasaka thing a bit more. It seems like a good potential for a plot or for a sequel but with the HIME star actually gone, I don't know how it is going to happen. Otome has a good potential for more sequels and prequels but with the story as convoluted as it is and the glaring plot holes that involve Mikoto, Fuuka Building and Miyu herself, I don't know if Sunrise is actually thinking of an overall plot for Otome. What was Otome attempting to be at first? A school comdey? War drama? Or what? I wish I knew but nevertheless while Otome may have potential for sequels even more so than Hime, I cannot help but feel that it wouldn't feel all that planned out considering what was suppose to happen and what we ended up with in Sifr.
Well the vibe I'm getting with sunrise in regards to otome is that they don't really care about fixing up plot holes. More like they just want to make more sequels and prequeal and since they have that opportunity, they can take it.
Old 2009-10-07, 16:10   Link #279
MidoriHiME

Personally, and I saw this mentioned before in this thread, but I think what would be the coolest and most reasonable thing they could do with the HiME-verse would be to make a prequel. I think the series felt pretty closed, so a sequel seems pointless, but I'd like to see the prior carnival played out.
Old 2009-10-07, 16:44   Link #280
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriHiME View Post
Personally, and I saw this mentioned before in this thread, but I think what would be the coolest and most reasonable thing they could do with the HiME-verse would be to make a prequel. I think the series felt pretty closed, so a sequel seems pointless, but I'd like to see the prior carnival played out.
Absolutely they should have made a prequel but that would be part in the HiME trilogy saga and I believe that they are alot of stories are yet to be done in Fuuka, believe that some things are yet be done including more evil and I think HiME were supposed to protect the world instead fighting each other and yet their powers are bloodlined to passing down women to women and I think their parents have it as well. But don't take this seriously about it. Already I can exploit it more on this but Mai HiME has one of those great potential to be successful, If not Mai Otome wouldn't started from the beginning. Yeah I'm talking to you Obara and those creators who don't have good creating talent writing. But I'm sure they'll chage their minds and focus on what is a gold mine and that is Mai HiME.