AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 36 40.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 35.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 19.10%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.37%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-23, 21:28   Link #41
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Needs more choking and neck breaking!
Old 2008-02-26, 18:23   Link #42
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Did... did Yuji just snap some old dude's neck? Holy shit.

CAPTAIN, SHE'S COMING IN TOO FAST! BRACE FOR IMPAAAAAACT!
Old 2008-02-26, 19:54   Link #43
yozaku
Always Idle

this was the best eps so far

cant wait for next eps
Old 2008-02-26, 21:06   Link #44
dave55man
~The Prince~

Send a message via AIM to dave55man
Definitely one of my favorite episodes. It's great seeing Yuji finally becoming bad-ass :P
Old 2008-02-26, 21:43   Link #45
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

This entire episode had me laughing.

Yuji suddenly becoming WORTHWHILE is too little too late, so I ended up just giggling at all his detective work. The guy CHOKED the rainbow ascot coalition bastard, omg XD!!!!!

Transitioning from Yuji being in trouble to his mother drinking coffee had me rolling around too.

And the ending made me teary eyed from chuckling so damn hard.

"SHANA LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING I COULDNT SAY EARLIER!!"

FLAMMMMMMESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS & FIYAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

END THEME PLAYS

Pure comedy.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-02-26, 22:07   Link #46
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Did I just rate a Shana II episode a 10?? Why, yes I did. This episode was in fact perfect. Yuji being GAR, Shana pantsu, the complete absence of a character-that-shall-not-be-named-as-to-prevent-flame-posts. Just perfect. And the neck breaker, oh how I would vote 11 if I could.
Old 2008-02-26, 22:10   Link #47
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave55man View Post
Definitely one of my favorite episodes. It's great seeing Yuji finally becoming bad-ass :P
Bad-ass is an exageration. I mean He can throw small fire balls but compare it to Margery's Blasts. Its preaty much nothing. He simply defeated a weak tomogara. The kinda tomogara that couldnt even fight back and his power 1/5.

Yes i agree has become more usefull and stronger but far from being a badass. Now Pheles and Johan is you could call bad-ass .

P.S. Ah, why did they give phele's BGM to Yuji. I had hoped that at least he would have had his own BGM. Oh yeah the episode itself was preaty good. Cant wait for the next one.
Old 2008-02-26, 22:13   Link #48
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Yes i agree has become more usefull and stronger but far from being a badass.
He. Crushed. A. Guy's. Throat In. I don't care what that dude's power level was, that action speaks by itself, even more so coming from Yuji.

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2008-02-26 at 22:39.
Old 2008-02-26, 22:37   Link #49
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Is Yuji stable..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I call it OOC...since when did yuji had the guts to break someone's neck
Well they made it rather clear he's back on track mentally so I'm sure that contributed to his performance. Also, this was the first(?) enemy to threaten the whole city...the very same city he just realized he wanted to stick around to protect. I'd say that's motivation for some neck snapping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
the random screaming near tanaka kind of threw me off lol other wise great episode good come back.
I was hoping someone else would mention this. Considering how adept he is at figuring out the Tomogara's evil plans you'd think he would have thought up a better way to warn Tanaka.
Old 2008-02-26, 23:39   Link #50
The Real Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post

Yuji suddenly becoming WORTHWHILE is too little too late, so I ended up just giggling at all his detective work. The guy CHOKED the rainbow ascot coalition bastard, omg XD!!!!!

Transitioning from Yuji being in trouble to his mother drinking coffee had me rolling around too.

And the ending made me teary eyed from chuckling so damn hard.

"SHANA LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING I COULDNT SAY EARLIER!!"

FLAMMMMMMESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS & FIYAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

END THEME PLAYS

Pure comedy.
Got to say, I don't understand your sense of humor at all...
Old 2008-02-26, 23:50   Link #51
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:

Looks like his ability to read body language is back from the black hole of the earlier episodes. He was able to notice the smirk on Jager and then work out lots of stuff from it. Looks the the harem male quality is got a spam filter for girls only.

But all in all nice to see him actually useful and more importantly to see that the angsting lasted less then an episode *cheers*

Yuji's fighting style is really errrm up and personal and brutal. Shooting them from afar with the fireballs is one thing, but strangling someone to death with bare hands is oO
Old 2008-02-27, 00:01   Link #52
_DaViD_
~(=ω=.)~

omg next episode will be badass !!!
Old 2008-02-27, 00:18   Link #53
Master Chibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Nemo View Post
Got to say, I don't understand your sense of humor at all...
I went through nearly two seasons of him being this oblivious harem male, and now in 20 minute he becomes an actual worthwhile, meaningful POINT to the plot?

naaah, too little too late for that, no matter how awesome he was

that's why it was funny

Old 2008-02-27, 00:26   Link #54
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesince83 View Post

I was hoping someone else would mention this. Considering how adept he is at figuring out the Tomogara's evil plans you'd think he would have thought up a better way to warn Tanaka.
What better would there be to warn him without letting Zarovi realizing he is doing so? Yuji didnt want Him to figure it out. So yeah What other way would be?

P.S. If you have think about it, then please dont post it( you could if you want i guess) . Because we are talking about when you have to instantly without preparation from before for such situation. So if you can come up with another way that he could warn him without Zarovi figure it out within 10 sec, then please do enlight us.
Old 2008-02-27, 01:16   Link #55
Zippicus

Quote:
I went through nearly two seasons of him being this oblivious harem male, and now in 20 minute he becomes an actual worthwhile, meaningful POINT to the plot?

naaah, too little too late for that, no matter how awesome he was

that's why it was funny
He's been training to fight alongside Shana since very early in the first season. He's been slowly getting stronger as the story has gone on. It's not like he went from zero to hero in one episode or anything.

I can't say I agree with the harem lead thing either, theres a little more to his life than "Which girl should I go out with". Although they did play that aspect up quite a bit in the early part of season 2.
Old 2008-02-27, 01:47   Link #56
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Now that is what I consider a damn good episode. 9/10

The only reason I'm rating this a 9 is because I'm saving up the 10 for what I think I will rate for the latter episodes. Except for the episodes of CCS I'm rewatching, this is by far the best episode I've seen in any recent anime. Hand to hand combat for the win. While I agree that it's kinda late for Yuji to be acting cool that it might not be worth it, but him snapping someone's neck with his bare hands just made it worth it.
Old 2008-02-27, 01:48   Link #57
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
He's been training to fight alongside Shana since very early in the first season. He's been slowly getting stronger as the story has gone on. It's not like he went from zero to hero in one episode or anything.

I can't say I agree with the harem lead thing either, theres a little more to his life than "Which girl should I go out with". Although they did play that aspect up quite a bit in the early part of season 2.
You can pump iron 24/7 it won't help you with reading people's body language. You can go on training such a NLP to improve it, you can be born with it, or you can magically suddenly regain it after losing it from S1 Yuji style
Old 2008-02-27, 01:56   Link #58
Master Chibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post

Good for you, coming up with valid reasons and all.

You keep running with that, I'm going to keep laughing at Yuji choking people to death.

(And no, I'm not belitting you ;p).

Old 2008-02-27, 02:02   Link #59
grey_moon

Quote:
You keep running with that, I'm going to keep laughing at Yuji choking people to death.

(And no, I'm not belitting you ;p).
Heh the normal pattern is long range weapons, run out of ammo or the enemy gets too close. Then pull sword out of arse and hack away until disarmed or forced to use as throwing weapon then use bare fists.

For Yuji he starts off all good by flaming the crap out of a couple of them. Then after that straight to the bare handed crunch their throat time. If I was Shana and I saw that I would be in despair. I would be shouting "what happened to all that sword training?". Then once he does pull out his sword he lobs it
Old 2008-02-27, 02:10   Link #60
Master Chibi

I know, right?

I mean he got SO angry at this guy he just choked him?

YUJI, of all people, choked this guy.

Wow, WHY SO SERIOUS?

Closed Thread