AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-06-08, 22:12   Link #41
excelence

but she actualy try to kill him on 1st chap... got beaten by horse whip isn't a big problem imo since Saito's masochist lol
excelence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 02:24   Link #42
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Man, ain't nothing better than to get off of work and read a newly released chapter right off the bat .

Spoiler for chap 5:

Last edited by frubam; 2008-06-18 at 02:40.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 03:58   Link #43
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Spoiler for chap 5:
Spoiler:

The manga art lessens the "Takasu = evil eyes" aspect a lot though. He's kinda cute and shy as opposed to gangsta.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 14:25   Link #44
『 RESET 』
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to TOP Send a message via MSN to TOP
Ah, a new chapter
Spoiler for 5:
TOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 07:12   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Spoiler:

The manga art lessens the "Takasu = evil eyes" aspect a lot though. He's kinda cute and shy as opposed to gangsta.
Yeah, I think he'd totally lose a staring match against Usui Kenta from Karin.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 00:55   Link #46
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Not that anyone probably cares, but I'd just like to mention that it looks like Musashi is translating the chapters. Within a week's time, they're already up to chap 5. Out of pure curiousity, I compared both the Musashi and SCX? versions, and i liked the SCX version a nibble more, but they're more or less the same.

Hopefully we'll see a new chapter soon. that cliffhanger from chp 5 killed me =_=.

EDIT: Hahahaha, looks like SCX wanted to get those chapters out before Musashi .

Last edited by frubam; 2008-08-20 at 01:19. Reason: added stuff
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 01:48   Link #47
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Kudos to the translators for getting 4 & 5 released.

The raws for that were essentially a typesetter/cleaner's nightmare
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 03:44   Link #48
excelence

6 & 7're out ... rotfl Ryuji and Taiga pairing is an epic fail LOL!!!... btw didn't they do the extra chapter on 1st book? ;D
excelence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 05:29   Link #49
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Even though i was quite unimpressed at first this series is becoming a real gem, especially after ch 6 and 7. I'll stick to the manga only since i'm not really into light novels due to lack of visualization (it's either reading manga or a real novel for me i don't like the hybridisation - just my personal preference)
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 06:21   Link #50
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
i find it ironic when people say they don't like reading, yet read 300+ pages of a silly forum.

oh well, at leased the manga is following the novel closely, so you aren't missing much. (except a lack of an active imagination )
Old 2008-08-20, 06:35   Link #51
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
i find it ironic when people say they don't like reading, yet read 300+ pages of a silly forum.

oh well, at leased the manga is following the novel closely, so you aren't missing much. (except a lack of an active imagination )
Forum and prose are two completely different kind of things (communication and entertainment) so i don't see the reference to my personal preference when it comes to reading. Better check my post again i never stated i don't like reading it's just that i prefer to seperate manga and novel (yes i'm reading 'real' novels as well) i don't like the 'mix-up'. Again, and I know i'm repeating myself, this is just my own personal preference so all you light-novel lovers don't jump at me.
Old 2008-08-20, 07:59   Link #52
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
ah, i was just teasing Waven, no offence intended.

my personal opinion is there is no such thing as a "real" novel.

A novel is a novel, it has a story so it doesn't matter how many pages it have.

All well, as long as you appriciate the authors work that's all that matters.

*pacifies all the burning-pitchforked Novel readers*

Old 2008-08-20, 08:12   Link #53
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
ah, i was just teasing Waven, no offence intended.

my personal opinion is there is no such thing as a "real" novel.

A novel is a novel, it has a story so it doesn't matter how many pages it have.

All well, as long as you appriciate the authors work that's all that matters.

*pacifies all the burning-pitchforked Novel readers*

Sry then i got a little bit too worked up over it. 'Real' may have been an unsuitable term, what i really meant was the classic type of novel (text only, whole story in one book - no series of episodes). Anyway maybe in the future i'll give light novels another try.
Old 2008-08-20, 14:52   Link #54
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
I'm here solely because the main characters have so much chemistry, and their attempts to hit on their romantic choices fail so hard as to be hilarious.

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 16:17   Link #55
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Poor Takasu and Taiga: they've got the critical hits from Minorin and Kitamura both! Love interest "you make a nice couple" attack: over nine thousand damage!!!

The classmates are right though; what a nice couple.

Spoiler for novel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
EDIT: Hahahaha, looks like SCX wanted to get those chapters out before Musashi .
I'm not the one who complains if a little market competition ends up speeding the release rates.

All hail capitalism! Even without money involved!
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 16:27   Link #56
DanielSong39

Similar scenario to the one we see in Kimi no Iru Machi - it's really secondary as to whether they're "officially" going out or not; they are much too close and look and act like a hot couple.

If you ask me it's Taiga and Taisuke who are in denial over their relationship.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 19:44   Link #57
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Poor Takasu and Taiga: they've got the critical hits from Minorin and Kitamura both! Love interest "you make a nice couple" attack: over nine thousand damage!!!
Actually, I call it a

COMBO BREAKER!!!!

But seriously, all of us seen this one coming, they always spend time together, Takasu braids Taiga's hair, cooks her food, let her stay at his house and they fuss like a old married couple.

Besides, even know that Minorin is cute and stuff, I think that Taiga is so much better then Minorin for being Takasu girlfriend, since they act like a married couple already. I think that Minorin and Kitamura probably hook up together at the end, me think.
Old 2008-08-20, 20:45   Link #58
Ultenth

Meh. My thought on the whole series so far. The characters are pretty run of the mill, the story is, the events are. Nothing really stands out to me, and it doesn't seem to really bring anything new to a tired tired tired old formula. It's not BAD, the art is fairly well executed as is the editing etc. It's just not anything new, and the parts they have, have been done before and far better. Angel Densetsu has done the scary face guy and did it 1000000x better, and there have been an absolute DELUGE of loli tsundere chicks lately so Taiga is nothing new at all. And the side-kicks are completely bland with really nothing at all about them that stands out in the slightest.

Like I said, not really bad, and I know there is nothing new under the sun, but as the title of this thread states, it seems like they are just trying to ride on the loli tsundere fad. I mean, she even calls him a dog constantly, I thought that was Louise's gag, I mean they even have it in some of the OP/ED's.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 00:06   Link #59
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
Meh. My thought on the whole series so far. The characters are pretty run of the mill, the story is, the events are. Nothing really stands out to me, and it doesn't seem to really bring anything new to a tired tired tired old formula. It's not BAD, the art is fairly well executed as is the editing etc. It's just not anything new, and the parts they have, have been done before and far better. Angel Densetsu has done the scary face guy and did it 1000000x better, and there have been an absolute DELUGE of loli tsundere chicks lately so Taiga is nothing new at all. And the side-kicks are completely bland with really nothing at all about them that stands out in the slightest.

Like I said, not really bad, and I know there is nothing new under the sun, but as the title of this thread states, it seems like they are just trying to ride on the loli tsundere fad. I mean, she even calls him a dog constantly, I thought that was Louise's gag, I mean they even have it in some of the OP/ED's.
I wouldn’t completely disagree with you, given that the whole premise, at first, seems to be that way. Taiga loosely follows the loli tsundere “most likely voiced by Rie Kugimiya” archetype, which is further emphasized by the artwork/character design that “borrows” some traits from her “closest cousin,” Louise from Zero no Tsukaima (I’m making this assumption on shaky grounds, since I have no idea if she’s characterized the same way in the novel). Ryuuji, on the other hand, is introduced ambiguously as the male misunderstood by his scary looks—with this latter, I believe, your overall impression of what Toradora! might be about. The comparison to Angel Densetsu in terms of setting/premise is unfair in my opinion, because one focused almost completely on the gag of being misunderstood/judged by one’s not-so-gentle physical appearance, whereas the other is a romantic comedy in its entirety—and this fact is subtly hinted throughout the first chapters of the manga. What little there was of “person misunderstood by his scary looks” swiftly fades away as the comedy, the romance and some drama drive the story in a very interesting direction—or so was my impression from reading the first two volumes of the novel.

In my humble impression of a work of fiction, I think Taiga is presented/developed much better than Louise, even though they, on the surface, are very alike. It’s hard not to introduce some spoilers from the novel while discussing what makes Taiga more likeable, and yet how she truly is a loli tsundere (in other words, what a loli tsundere should be like), but my intentions are not of doing so. The only thing I can mention, however, is that Taiga has what Louise lacks, and it’s not only the overly cute factor.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 00:20   Link #60
Ultenth

Oh, I definitely agree that she is more likeable than Louise, but to me that is like saying I'd rather have maggots than poop for dinner. I'm exaggerating for effect, I know, but still I can't stand Louise and her (though sometimes deserved) violent nature. I have no interest in having a little girl beat on me like an S&M mistress, so maybe that's why it just doesn't work for me. And yeah, the comparison to Angel Densetsu is a bit unfair, but it's in part because I was actually hoping they would do at least something more with the gag other than the initial chapter or two.

I honestly don't get why they even took pains to mention it if they were going to drop it so quickly, maybe someone actually mentioned something to the mangaka or the editor about how similar it was so they toned it down or something. *shrug*

But anyway, my point still does stand I think, and although she certainly may be more likeable than Louise (again, doesn't mean too much to me because I honestly think she is by FAR the worst and least attractive character on her show) I don't really see anything that stands out enough with this show that really makes it worth the hype it seems to be getting from some people.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shounen