AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-17, 20:44   Link #501
Majo
RONOVE'S #1 FAN

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKvMbR51mOw

I uploaded this video just a while ago... I like it
Old 2009-07-17, 21:59   Link #502
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Technically no official lyrics to Happy Maria have been released, and the lyrics are too odd to interpret accurately. However, there have been some interpretations.

Here
Anti-English vs. Anti-Japanese? I think it's a mix of both...
Old 2009-07-18, 00:16   Link #503
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmmm. Who's singing Happy Maria?
Old 2009-07-18, 10:07   Link #504
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Hmmm. Who's singing Happy Maria?
Judging by the title, it might be Maria. The truth is no one knows.
Old 2009-07-18, 12:16   Link #505
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Does anyone happen to have sheet music for 生まれてきてくれてありがとう (or anything else, for that matter)?
Old 2009-07-18, 21:11   Link #506
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Woah, no one has posted the Character Song information?

Anime TV Umineko Character Song CD volume 1
Release Date: 2009/10/07-(2009 October 7)

Anime TV Umineko Character Song CD volume 2
Release Date: 2009/11/06-(2009 November 6)

Still no cover though...

Additional information: Each Character Song CDs have 2 songs (probably one for each, so 2 characters per character CDs are going to be covered), 1 Original/New Drama and the karaoke version of those songs. Why do I get the feeling the format is like Higurashi OH LOL

Personally I can't wait for Battler's (Ono) one. |D Yeah I know I'm biased to Ono yay!

Old 2009-07-18, 21:22   Link #507
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Woah, no one has posted the Character Song information?

Anime TV Umineko Character Song CD volume 1
Release Date: 2009/10/07-(2009 October 7)

Anime TV Umineko Character Song CD volume 2
Release Date: 2009/11/06-(2009 November 6)

Still no cover though...

Additional information: Each Character Song CDs have 2 songs (probably one for each, so 2 characters per character CDs are going to be covered), 1 Original/New Drama and the karaoke version of those songs. Why do I get the feeling the format is like Higurashi OH LOL

Personally I can't wait for Battler's (Ono) one. |D Yeah I know I'm biased to Ono yay!
I'd like to hear Shannon's song the most out of the kids.
Out of the adults, I wish to hear a song from Rosa the most.

If every character ends up doing a solo however, that'll be A LOT of CDs, even if there are 2 characters per CD (which isn't confirmed). I wonder if they are going to do duos more so this time...

Old 2009-07-18, 23:24   Link #508
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post

If every character ends up doing a solo however, that'll be A LOT of CDs, even if there are 2 characters per CD (which isn't confirmed). I wonder if they are going to do duos more so this time...
Having at least 9 Character Songs CDs (I know we are getting more than that though if they decide to do 2 characters per CDs lol) is not that surprising. Case in point, KOEI rips off fangirls money with the release of 'certain series' character CDs. *leers at Hachiyous*

Although considering these Character Song CDs may have the songs sung by the seiyuus themselves... Genji, Gohda, Nanjo, Kumasawa really make me doubtful at this time (I can imagine Kumasawa doing mackarel crack, but... Considering their character I DUNNO IF THEY ARE DESTINIED TO SING). They might have to do duo/trio song along with another characters in the disc. So I won't count out the duo/trio songs this time. Although I'm pretty sure seasoned seiyuus with major characters are going to get single than duo (i.e: Inoue, Ono, Suzumura, Horie, Kobayashi, Kugimiya), while parents might have to set for duo at times.

(And releasing +9 discs, with the indication of 1 release per month is just a bit hard to imagine though, unless DEEN is planning to get Chiru to be animated in, iunno, 2011-2012, which is basically when Umi VN should have ended.)

Old 2009-07-19, 04:46   Link #509
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Meee~ wants tsurupettan!!

Well, I woul like a Kumasawa mackarel song, that would be the awesome. But I bet the only adults with a chance to sing are Kinzo (a song about Beatrice-sama~ xD) Natsuhi [sorry but I just think there will be at least one MILF song), Rudolph, Kyrie etc. No love for Gohda, Kumasawa, Genji and Nanjo and I doubt that Krauss will sing either. The children will get their songs for sure. But i'm unsure...I think some of the main cast can get a duo since certaint relationships. Would save some space for my beloved adults. But I'll gues about the CD order

First CD: Maria&Battler
Second CD: george&jessica
Third CD: Shannon&Kanon

But
Spoiler for "Game Episode 4:
Old 2009-07-19, 04:51   Link #510
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It will be interesting to see who they get for some later characters...if they can sing or not....or if they even should.
Old 2009-07-19, 05:17   Link #511
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Funny, that's what I predict the Character songs lineup would be The MILFS though... Out of all of the casts I can only think of Ami Koshimizu (Rosa) getting higher chance for solo than Natsuhi's :'D But all is up on the air at this time. Until we see the covers and further announcements of course ;D

Quote:
Spoiler for Game Episode 4:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
It will be interesting to see who they get for some later characters...if they can sing or not....or if they even should.
Until we know their seiyuus, I can't imagine if they could get a character song D: But still all things are possible. They still could release them after the anime ended anyway

Spoiler for Ep 2-4:

Old 2009-07-19, 05:20   Link #512
Auria

Character songs... oh I knew it XD Now I really want a "Do you know Beatoriche-sama? Yes, Rokkenjima!"

Kitsu's predictions aren't bad, though I wouldn't exclude that Beatrice will come along with Battler in the first CD (they should be together ;_; and perform a duett ~)

@Natsuki
Sayaka Ohara has a very wide voice range, I think she even can change it while singing.. and I only know her Milly (Code Geass) singing voice but it was pretty good. Itou Miki already did the Takano song, well I won't say she can't sing, but the composers.. well the main melody of the song was weird imo
Old 2009-07-19, 05:45   Link #513
Ikonomi
∞て何だ。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroko View Post
That opening... Only thinking about it completely demolishes any kind of suspanse, mystery or horror the episode may cause if you're italian...
I mean it's not like i'm saying "hands off my beautiful language" since i actually despise it but... it sounds just... weird... ridiculous weird... on steroids...

...Italian lyrics on a japanese mystery anime... just... why? >_>
I usually feel the same way about songs with gratuitous English, not because I mind English lyrics, but because many times the grammar and pronunciation aren't great and the song ends up pulling me out of the mood. Clannad, I'm looking at you. Otherwise, I think it's kind of cool to hear other languages mixed in.

So, speaking of the OP song, I was listened to The Thistle and Shamrock with Fiona Ritchie last night, and I finally realized what struck me about the Umineko OP! The Japanese lyrics are sung with a cadence strikingly similar to Irish and Scottish music! It always had kind of a weird sound, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Japanese lyrics sung in a Celtic style. It's awesome.

Maybe I'm just slow and everyone else knew this already.
Old 2009-07-19, 06:37   Link #514
Risa chan
Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post

Spoiler for Ep 2-4:
Yeah !

Spoiler for witch:

Anyway

Spoiler for ep 4:

Quote:
I usually feel the same way about songs with gratuitous English, not because I mind English lyrics, but because many times the grammar and pronunciation aren't great and the song ends up pulling me out of the mood. Clannad, I'm looking at you. Otherwise, I think it's kind of cool to hear other languages mixed in.
Yeah many Japanase English songs are fail , even if there are many wich are fine to hear ( like Border of Death by IOSYS). But for the opening, the Italian's parts are pretty good and it adds something more to the song wich reflects well Umineko's mood ( IMO) ( You'll tell me ,shikata's songs are already mysterious )
Old 2009-07-19, 06:53   Link #515
Saerianne
*cackle*

I know Ono has already done I song, and a section of it was put in one of sillyhat's productions.
Old 2009-07-19, 06:55   Link #516
Kitsu
The unlucky one

That was only a remix of the navigation talk or so I think
Old 2009-07-19, 07:39   Link #517
Saerianne
*cackle*

Quote:
That was only a remix of the navigation talk or so I think
Ahhh. I don't know where it was from, I just know that there's something of his.
Old 2009-07-19, 09:37   Link #518
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saerianne View Post
I know Ono has already done I song, and a section of it was put in one of sillyhat's productions.
Heh. Ono did sing quite a number of song. If you have seen Monochrome Factor, he is the singer of the ED theme.

Not to mention some other songs that currently escapes my mind... The only ones that crosses my mind is Neo Angelique (Hyuga) and Kuroshitsuji (Sebastian) character song at this moment.

Old 2009-07-19, 12:22   Link #519
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
Character songs... oh I knew it XD Now I really want a "Do you know Beatoriche-sama? Yes, Rokkenjima!"
majou no jikenbo ABC
battler desu YEAH
maria desu
saa saa minna-san go issho ni
majou no nazo ni semarimashou
Do you know Beatrice-sama? Yes, Rokkenjima.
I kill my family. No, Rokkenjima.
Old 2009-07-19, 12:32   Link #520
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Meee~ wants tsurupettan!!
If that doesn't show up in a bonus track or something I will be a little blue .

Quote:
But I'll gues about the CD order

Spoiler for Game Episode 2 (safety spoiler):
Closed Thread