AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-08, 11:01   Link #1
Dnakata

Unhappy Ichigo's Bankai Lesson

Hey there long time reader never posted.

Finished up to ep. 62 and after watching the Ichigo v Byakuya fight there was one thing I was disappointed about. As Ichigo and Byakuya were duking it out all the while I was waiting in anticipation for another of those flashbacks- this time where Ichigo is with Zangetsu and Yoruichi back at the training ground and he achieves bankai. It never happened.

How exactly did Ichigo beat Zangetsu to achieve bankai? Did he figure out something profound or was it just too mundane to show?

I haven't read the manga either so was there something in the manga not shown in the anime?
Old 2006-01-08, 12:21   Link #2
aoi_zip

they did "rock paper scizors"

jk jk, i donno, i think he managed to get zangetsu to listen to him, he talked him down
Old 2006-01-08, 12:22   Link #3
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
It will all be revealed in time, I would believe.
Old 2006-01-08, 12:22   Link #4
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Souzouryoku
They didn't show Renji achieving Bankai either. So either it's not important, or the creators really have no idea how to animate or illustrate it.
Old 2006-01-08, 14:13   Link #5
Grees
Ehhh

I missed that part too, im sure there's a reason why it is left out and its not because of the lack of creativity, maybe they are planning to do the flashback when Ichigo reach the next stage or something.
Judging by the look of Zangetsu, i say Ichigo threatened to play the Spice Girls' third album Forever all day that made Zangetsu decided to give up.
Old 2006-01-08, 14:20   Link #6
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Souzouryoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grees
I missed that part too, im sure there's a reason why it is left out and its not because of the lack of creativity, maybe they are planning to do the flashback when Ichigo reach the next stage or something.
Judging by the look of Zangetsu, i say Ichigo threatened to play the Spice Girls' third album Forever all day that made Zangetsu decided to give up.
Next Level? Does one exist?

If one does I'm sure they are saving it for when Ichigo needs a power up.
Old 2006-01-08, 15:29   Link #7
Taylor--
!

This is turning in to Dragon Ball Z

Anyways, I agree with the others in saying that it will probably be a flashback sometime in the future.
Old 2006-01-08, 16:52   Link #8
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Well

Zangetsu said everyone of those swords was a piece of ichigo that was weak and relied upon Zangetsu to much, or something [ I forget the exact wording ]

So, with the risk of loosing Rukia, maybe he just...Broke all the swords and pulled the real one out of his chest, or something o_O;
Old 2006-01-08, 17:09   Link #9
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

There is no spoon. o_O
Old 2006-01-08, 18:20   Link #10
Arti

It's really not important how. He may have just grabbed the right sword (unlikely) but I think it was some spiritual awakening. But we've seen that several times before.
Old 2006-01-08, 18:51   Link #11
DrunkenRyder
Segundo Arrancar

Ichigo: Look man...we all know im not gonna beat you and achieve buoki in 3 days..

Zangetsu: Its..."Bankai"

Ichigo: Oh yeah right, right..So just give me the damn thing and we'll call it a day

Zangetsu:...eh fare enough.

And that is how Ichigo achieved Bankai.
Old 2006-01-08, 19:23   Link #12
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenRyder
Ichigo: Look man...we all know im not gonna beat you and achieve buoki in 3 days..

Zangetsu: Its..."Bankai"

Ichigo: Oh yeah right, right..So just give me the damn thing and we'll call it a day

Zangetsu:...eh fare enough.

And that is how Ichigo achieved Bankai.

You fail to mention where Yoruichi offered Zangetsu a special scabbard in return for giving Ichigo bankai
Old 2006-01-08, 19:36   Link #13
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
You fail to mention where Yoruichi offered Zangetsu a special scabbard in return for giving Ichigo bankai
Is that an euphemism for sexual intercourse?
Old 2006-01-08, 19:37   Link #14
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
Is that an euphemism for sexual intercourse?
No, she had a special mahogony, ray skin covered scabbard made for Zangetsu's shikai
Old 2006-01-08, 21:08   Link #15
DrunkenRyder
Segundo Arrancar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Thats part two, I left it up to you
Old 2006-01-08, 22:45   Link #16
Dnakata

Some people may think it's not really that important how Ichigo got bankai but I just feel the way they built it up in the anime it was pretty anti-climatic not to show it.
I mean, Ichigo had 3 days to achieve bankai and if he didn't there were going to be some serious consequences to his health (which Yoruichi didn't even explain) and the deadline to Rukia's execution had just been shortened. And here was Ichigo plugging away at Zangetsu for several episodes with a seemingly hopeless task of finding the "right" sword. With all the tension building up on whether he would achieve bankai in time suddenly he gate-crashes the execution donning a new spiffy suit and this all-powerful aura. How exactly did he make the transition? You can't really say it could have been down to pot luck in finding the right sword. For him to get bankai would have surely required something more than that.
Old 2006-01-09, 01:44   Link #17
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor--
This is turning in to Dragon Ball Z
you know you're gonna die right?
Old 2006-01-09, 02:27   Link #18
NoSpoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
There is no spoon. o_O
Someone say my name?
Old 2006-01-09, 03:17   Link #19
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnakata
Some people may think it's not really that important how Ichigo got bankai but I just feel the way they built it up in the anime it was pretty anti-climatic not to show it.
I mean, Ichigo had 3 days to achieve bankai and if he didn't there were going to be some serious consequences to his health (which Yoruichi didn't even explain) and the deadline to Rukia's execution had just been shortened. And here was Ichigo plugging away at Zangetsu for several episodes with a seemingly hopeless task of finding the "right" sword. With all the tension building up on whether he would achieve bankai in time suddenly he gate-crashes the execution donning a new spiffy suit and this all-powerful aura. How exactly did he make the transition? You can't really say it could have been down to pot luck in finding the right sword. For him to get bankai would have surely required something more than that.
Actually, if you recall, There was a scene in which he flashed back to firing his Shikai's special ability at will. Now, any sword other then Zangetsu would have proven incapable of doing that. Zangetsu then explained that knowing the name would increase the attack's power. I would assume that using that attack at will is what Zangetsu meant by defeating him, as he is now able to control Zangetsu's ability with his own will.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2006-01-09, 09:35   Link #20
budak

I think, to my knowledge, (same view as ranchan) he had achieved bankai when he learnt the ability and is able to summon it as his own will.. i don't remember where but i think there is one part where they say that you must be able to summon the soul in the zanpaktou and able to controll him, thats when you achive bankai.

Am i talking crap ?!?
Closed Thread