AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-12, 09:03   Link #201
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I think everyone gets drowned out once a Churchgate happens...

Meanwhile, I'm starting to notice the draw of being a 'solo player' in this thread.
Agreed on both accounts.
Old 2012-09-12, 10:18   Link #202
texrvb
Banned

I still trying to understand this color chart thing. Can someone clarify for me?

I wanted to create burst linker that is a tactical genius, but is lazy and has no motivation to put that gift to use unless its him, kind of like that Shikamaru from Naruto (I didn't he was that popular of a character). All I got is "??? Maze". That's it. I'm sorry for not coming up something my own. I'm only good comment others and give others ideas. I like everyone's ideal characters and hope there will more so can comment.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-09-13 at 04:36.
Old 2012-10-06, 21:52   Link #203
Crystalline Emperor
King of the Empy Abyss

Sorry for not responding instantly, i've been busy.
BUT:
As for Byzantium, his main strength is his speed. I vision him putting his level up bonuses into speed and speed only, because it fits with his psychological psyche. He wants to run to be close to somethings, like his parents, and run from some other things, the judgement of family. Also, this means almost no armor, because when you already have a awesome double form weapon, all you need is how fast you can use it right? Also, the transformation between modes on his weapon is 2 seconds. In real life, that is very short. In Accel world, it might as well be 2 minutes.
Another thing, his killer move, while insanely fast acting, IS NOT INSTANT. If it was instant, yes, a stu character. I imagine Silver Crow being able to dodge it, like he dodged Cyan Pile's spike in the one episode while diving him.
Old 2012-10-06, 23:39   Link #204
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I've been thinking on a way to involve neurolinkers in a kind of fanfiction.

Spoiler for Fanfiction idea I have and I'm planning on writing.:

Ideas/Criticism feel free!

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-10-07, 01:34   Link #205
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline Emperor View Post
Sorry for not responding instantly, i've been busy.
BUT:
As for Byzantium, his main strength is his speed. I vision him putting his level up bonuses into speed and speed only, because it fits with his psychological psyche. He wants to run to be close to somethings, like his parents, and run from some other things, the judgement of family. Also, this means almost no armor, because when you already have a awesome double form weapon, all you need is how fast you can use it right? Also, the transformation between modes on his weapon is 2 seconds. In real life, that is very short. In Accel world, it might as well be 2 minutes.
Another thing, his killer move, while insanely fast acting, IS NOT INSTANT. If it was instant, yes, a stu character. I imagine Silver Crow being able to dodge it, like he dodged Cyan Pile's spike in the one episode while diving him.
See, when you have all the speed in the world, it doesn't matter how long it takes for your weapons to change form. Long-ranged enemies won't be able to hit you. Close-ranged enemies can't even reach you. While your weapon is changing, all you have to do is just run.

And there isn't much of a difference between instant and insanely fast acting, is there?
Old 2012-10-08, 22:45   Link #206
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post
See, when you have all the speed in the world, it doesn't matter how long it takes for your weapons to change form. Long-ranged enemies won't be able to hit you. Close-ranged enemies can't even reach you. While your weapon is changing, all you have to do is just run.

And there isn't much of a difference between instant and insanely fast acting, is there?
Actually, there's only a small difference but it could mean the difference of everything. If it was insanely fast acting, which means that there is a SMALL chance that a burst linker can analyse the attack quickly and develop a partial counter measure or if you have a character that can do a Fallout like VATS attack before he goes for the kill.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2012-10-08, 23:12   Link #207
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

See, that would require a thinking speed that is much, much faster than the speed of the attack, which is, of course, already very fast, in order for that brain to take in and process the information and in addition to that, an avatar that can move faster than the speed of the attack, 2 extremely specific attributes that are already extremely rare alone, not to mention both having to occur on the same avatar. Such a highly specific weakness is not a weakness at all.
Old 2012-10-14, 15:58   Link #208
Crystalline Emperor
King of the Empy Abyss

In the accelerated world, your perception is already enhanced multiple times. That's why it's called acceleration. I've already gave an example of someone who can dodge it (Haru, like in that one episode of the anime where he dodge Cyan Pile's LCS. He's also falling at an incredible rate WHILE having a spear thrusted at him at an also incredible rate.) Also, the kings would have no problem dodging it (Like in that episode where Black Lotus fights Yellow Radio, they were FAST), except maybe Green Grande. The scythe itself used to perform the move isn't the strongest. I imagine Green Grande can just shrug it off (The scythe would break. It doesn't have BL's Absolute Cutting Property.) Also, the move is in a circle around the neck area. You can just duck under once you've realized the move has begun, and it will fly right over you. The move is also incredibly long in a sense, but it's only sped up because of his speed. Byzantium has to: create 6 clones, line them up around the opponent, line up the scythes, and then finally pull his scythe as to be a circular guillotine. In before him doing that, the kings or anyone with high enough reaction time (Don't say this is impossible, there are clear examples in the anime, and the mere fact that the game itself enhances your speed) can simply dodge it by squatting and ducking under.
Old 2012-10-14, 20:04   Link #209
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Ah, but you see, citing that the system increases your perception is a flawed and weak argument for two reasons:

The first is that when everyone's perception is heightened, so is your OC's, which evens out the playing field. As much as an avatar has the small possibility of realizing his attack, your OC also has as much chance at realizing it and adjusting it too, thanks to his avatar's superior speed. In the off chance that the avatar does manages to duck, your OC can simply counter it by lowering his scythe.

The second is that it is simply not true. Acceleration heightens your perception in the real world, not in the dueling fields, by accelerating your brain processes, that's why it's called acceleration. In the dueling field you have as much perception as you do when you're not accelerating.

As for the examples cited, the key thing to note here is that Crow is falling. That is akin to throwing a piece of paper from a building and trying to shoot it with a gun from ground level. And the kings are on another different level entirely, so it's expected that they will be able to blow your OC out of the water. But here's the thing: your OC isn't fighting the Kings on a regular basis. He'll be fighting other duel avatars and those are the ones who won't have any counter for him. The scythe breaking is a viable weakness, but it's a minor one at best. Not many duel avatars have high enough defences to be able to break it.
Old 2012-11-06, 12:07   Link #210
churchblue
Banned

Hey, I'm back. I was suspension because of not putting the spoilers in the right format for some other thread (honest mistake). Anyway, I still watch others' fanfics and do my own again (cut down the details, I get tired at a certain point). This IS a fanfic after all.

For starter, here's a fanfic character I thought up: Neon Arsenal. I didn't get to far into it. She is considered the "first" Originator despite no one her existence and is the only Originator that is Lvl 1. In real life, she is an artificial human (basically grown in a test tube) and is equip with more than just a Neuro Linker in herself. She looks human, converses like one and understand human emotions and common sense. The difference is she is physically and mentally stronger. The secret program she was part of was a living hell hole and was resposable for her "scar". The program was designed to make pure born soldiers with Neurolinkers. They use artificial humans so that they are not breaking the moral line. She was given the name "K" and was the most promising specimen. The program was the reason why she hates to kill, yet she does it because she is good at it. 2 months before Brain Burst was release to 100 kids, she killed everyone that worked there and burned the program to the ground hence canceling the program. She was later saved by the Creator and given the name Kira. She also assisted the Creator with Brain Burst. Then, a month after the BB was released, she disappeared. That all I got so far about her real self.

Her duel avatar, Neon Arsenal lives up to its name. She has nearly an infinite amount of weapons stored in herself from a tiny pistol to ...whatever you can think of. Her IS isn't physical, but mental as she has the ability to "sense what can't be sensed" (the 5 senses). She can create armaments like "you know who" and created the Seven Arcs from scratch. She considers herself "above a burst linker" and calls herself an "administrator". The Creator calls her "The Observer". She is a Lvl 1, but don't judge a book by its cover. That's all I got for her DA.

Feeling free to comments like always. It's still incomplete so you change it if you want except for the names. See ya tomorrow and happy election day!!
Old 2012-11-07, 00:58   Link #211
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

What's the point of asking for comments if you don't follow them at all?

EDIT: Since you've been constantly asking for someone to help you rewrite your ideas, I supposed I'll try and see if I can make your characters less of a Stu.

Grown in a vat for the purpose of being used as a test subject for military experiments on the human brain, Subject K was a literal test tube baby. Though human on the outside, on the inside she was simply artificial. Her thoughts, her memories were all data inputted by her creators to, in their own words, "give a better degree of accuracy" in their experiments. This fact tore at her very existence and she wished more than anything to become a normal, living human. When she recieved an anonymous email with a program attached saying that it was capable of "granting your greatest desires", she took the chance and wasted no time in downloading it. She then escaped from the top-secret facility she was held in with her new-found powers of acceleration and has been in hiding ever since.

In the Accelerated World, Neon Arsenal lives as a killer for hire. Her reputation as a cold, merciless and efficient assassin was a parody of her dreams to become more human. For reasons unknown, she, much like Aqua Current, only asks for the identity of her clients as the price for her services, before continuously attacking her target until Brain Burst is uninstalled.

As a duel avatar, Neon Arsenal possesses a small rectangular block, capable of changing into any forms of basic weaponry ( Nothing too advanced. A pistol, a sword, a mace, a sniper rifle etc.). In fact, it was this Enhanced Armament that inspired the Orange King to manufacture the Universal Weapon System, after having been on the recieving end of one of her assassination attempts and being one of the few to survive. While her offensive flexibility is nearly unmatched, her avatar is as fragile as a snowflake. Even a single hit would reduce her health to 0, though to make up for this, she has excellent agility.

Last edited by Orange Duke; 2012-11-07 at 12:18.
Old 2012-11-07, 15:47   Link #212
churchblue
Banned

Yeah, that description is alright. K AKA Neon Arsenal is a cold and merciless, but want it been treated human not as a killer.

She doesn't think kill duel avatars in the AW is the same as in real life. She basically hate being a killer in real life despite being good at it. Neon Arsenal can materialize her weaponry so there's no need for a rectangular block (all the weapons are in herself) cuz the enemy would just destroy the block. The "single hit" thing is a bit to much, but IS very vulnerable and fragile. Also, she would be very picky on selecting contracts, especially if the target is connected in ARC.

K is connected to the Creator and tries to prevent that from scattering to other burst linkers (hence why she keeps her ID a secret). The Creator give her the task to find out any info about ARC and their functions without being on their radar. K hates ARC. She calls them a bunch of "super arrogant shits thinking they can be gods". Neon Arsenal has personal grudge against Black Vise (it's a secret) want to kill him both in the AW and in real life. She doesn't take contracts on Kings (raises attention) or the Black Legion (the Creator's order). She respects the Kings (esp Orange and Black). Most of the Burst Linkers thinks she is a myth.

These are stuff that I can further describe her. K's main real self characteristic is her heterochromia eyes (two different glowing colored eyes). My other fanfic DA, Carbon Arrow is my only other okay one. Despite several changes, the important parts were still there. K's "scar" is very hard to keep up with since the program was responsible for it.

I will tell you the "key parts" of K/Neon Arsenal to keep if you change it.

-K is a experiment that went against what she was created for..a killer
-K wants to be human and feels life is precious.
-Despite her cold, merciless personality, she has a heart and does care.
-The Creator and her are connected and she is secretly working for him.
-Neon Arsenal has ....A LOT OF WEAPONS stored in herself.
-Neon Arsenal somewhat look a like a TRON character (glowing circuits)
-She has heterochromia eyes.
-Always wear special sunglasses to hide her heterochromia eyes.
-She hates ARC and would more violent if the target is connect to them.
-She has a personal grudge against Black Vise.
-She doesn't attack the Kings or Black Legion.
-She believes killing a DA is not the same as killing a real person.

That's are my criterias for K/Neon Arsenal. Orange Duke, (again) I like your rearrangements of K's real self and part of your description of Neon Arsenal. To be honest I only can come up with cool names and ideas, but can't do details and "walk a straight line". That's why I want other people to see it and can make it more "solid" without destroying much of the "main line". Fanfic is just a hobby. Writing too much details confuses me and the ones who reads it. And then the writing comes off the line that is was intended.

I don't plan on typing much on the fanfic thread for now on since it annoys Orange Duke a lot. I probably only type cool names and simple descriptions. See ya tomorrow.
Old 2012-11-07, 15:54   Link #213
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchblue View Post
Yeah, that description is alright. K AKA Neon Arsenal is a cold and merciless, but want it been treated human not as a killer.

She doesn't think kill duel avatars in the AW is the same as in real life. She basically hate being a killer in real life despite being good at it. Neon Arsenal can materialize her weaponry so there's no need for a rectangular block (all the weapons are in herself) cuz the enemy would just destroy the block. The "single hit" thing is a bit to much, but IS very vulnerable and fragile. Also, she would be very picky on selecting contracts, especially if the target is connected in ARC.

K is connected to the Creator and tries to prevent that from scattering to other burst linkers (hence why she keeps her ID a secret). The Creator give her the task to find out any info about ARC and their functions without being on their radar. K hates ARC. She calls them a bunch of "super arrogant shits thinking they can be gods". Neon Arsenal has personal grudge against Black Vise (it's a secret) want to kill him both in the AW and in real life. She doesn't take contracts on Kings (raises attention) or the Black Legion (the Creator's order). She respects the Kings (esp Orange and Black). Most of the Burst Linkers thinks she is a myth.

These are stuff that I can further describe her. K's main real self characteristic is her heterochromia eyes (two different glowing colored eyes). My other fanfic DA, Carbon Arrow is my only other okay one. Despite several changes, the important parts were still there. K's "scar" is very hard to keep up with since the program was responsible for it.

I will tell you the "key parts" of K/Neon Arsenal to keep if you change it.

-K is a experiment that went against what she was created for..a killer
-K wants to be human and feels life is precious.
-Despite her cold, merciless personality, she has a heart and does care.
-The Creator and her are connected and she is secretly working for him.
-Neon Arsenal has ....A LOT OF WEAPONS stored in herself.
-Neon Arsenal somewhat look a like a TRON character (glowing circuits)
-She has heterochromia eyes.
-Always wear special sunglasses to hide her heterochromia eyes.
-She hates ARC and would more violent if the target is connect to them.
-She has a personal grudge against Black Vise.
-She doesn't attack the Kings or Black Legion.
-She believes killing a DA is not the same as killing a real person.

That's are my criterias for K/Neon Arsenal. Orange Duke, (again) I like your rearrangements of K's real self and part of your description of Neon Arsenal. To be honest I only can come up with cool names and ideas, but can't do details and "walk a straight line". That's why I want other people to see it and can make it more "solid" without destroying much of the "main line". Fanfic is just a hobby. Writing too much details confuses me and the ones who reads it. And then the writing comes off the line that is was intended.

I don't plan on typing much on the fanfic thread for now on since it annoys Orange Duke a lot. I probably only type cool names and simple descriptions. See ya tomorrow.
AKA she is basically a "neon" version of Gil-ko.

Not to be sound TOO offensive, but in terms of balance and idea concepts, yours need heavy work as most of your characters end up being Stu.

Unless you mean those countless neon weapons are actually very weak.

And what's this, "She hates to kill but kills because she is good at it?" So what, she kills people out of personal entertainment or duty or wat?

I keep notice a similarity with your chars, they ALL have a grudge against Black Vise do they?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2012-11-08, 04:35   Link #214
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Gold Cub called, he'd like his Incarnate back. >.>
Old 2012-11-08, 10:15   Link #215
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Gah, clam down, guys. Let's try to improve his writing rather than shoot his characters out of the water, aye?

Besides, an Incarnate System ability doesn't work that way. It has to be something you can visualise then manifest. Not to mention it has to be either a movement augmentation, attack range augmentation, attack power augmentation or defence augmentation ability, so passive abilities cannot be Incarnate System abilities.

Also, I was wondering if anybody would like to see me write out another short story about the Orange King. I have a few ideas floating about in my head, but I'm not sure if people would want to see them since the first one didn't recieve much of a response.

Last edited by Orange Duke; 2012-11-08 at 12:19.
Old 2012-11-15, 13:12   Link #216
churchblue
Banned

Name: K aka "Subject K"

Duel Avatar: Neon Arsenal

Age 17

Birthdate: Unknown

(prologue)

One year before Neuro Linkers, a group of scientists came with an idea create artificial humans that were able to learn things in the matter of days by downloading it into their minds. Thus the secret experiment "Program Incarnate" was born. K was one of ten subjects that survived the first part of the experiment. Out of all of them, K was the one that stood out than all of them. Her education, computer skills and strategies skills were impressive, but her most impressive skill is in live combat; especially in killing the targets. She would dominate every battle simulation without failure. However, in reality she hates killing despite being good in it. During the years, K manifested something that the scientists didn't think was possible..her own human conscience. K began questioning the other subjects and scientists about these "feelings". When they refused to answer, she started to search her own which meant disobey her superiors. The scientists started to get suspicious of her and locked her in solitary confinement. As time passes, she starts acting more and more human-like. Then 2 months before BB was release, she made an attempt to escape the lab and did not leave empty handed (she stole several files and documents of the experiments they were doing). However when she reach near the escape route, she was confronted by her fellow "friends" who stripped of their conscience. She had no choice but to kill them since they are literary "dead". As she destroyed each one of them, she starts to feel more remorse and pain like inside her body tearing her into piece. When there was only one left, she could bring herself to kill anymore and so she paralyzed the one last and carried with her during her escape. She lock down the whole lab facility and blew it "sky high" killing everyone in it. She had no regret killing the scientists and considers them "the real killers". She used the stolen materials and found a ex-scientist of the program that left due to moral ethics. When she got to his door, she lost her consciousnesses due to her injuries. The ex-scientist managed to bring them and heal their injuries. The next day, K disappeared leaving a note him to take care of her "sibling".

K wandered aimlessly trying to find out to be more human and fit into this socially. While resting at a rest stop, she receive a mysterious email with an attachment. Though she was cautious, she opened it. According to the message, the attachment is so sort of net game program called Brain Burst. Since a net game allows you to interact with people, she didn't see the harm since she wants to be more human. After she installed it, a message appeared..."WELCOME TO THE ACCELERATED WORLD".

(end)

She looks human, but is actually an artificial human. Her strength, reflex and speed are slightly faster than normal. Because of her experience in the Program Incarnate, she has a strong hatred of taking one life even though she is able to do that herself. She usually stay out of fights, but if still too persistent she will restrain or knock them out. Despite her cold personality, she is actually very nice. K can speak several languages including English which is her favorite. K doesn't open up much and keeps personal things to herself. She likes anything that's chocolate or strawberry, even if artificially flavored. K tends to called Haru "Tubby" and tells him he should diet more often so he would have health problems later in life. She favors Black Legion cuz they're interesting. She has interest in figuring out the purpose of Brain Burst as she believes the net game is anything but ordinary and usually gives very good hypothesis. Other than Black Lotus and Orange King, she could careless about the rest of the Kings as long they don't piss her off.

As Neon Arsenal, she does contract hits on Duel Avatars in secret in earn more BP since doesn't appear on the name rooster and is very good in combat. She believe killing in the AW is not real. However, she does have moral code though like she won't do LV1-2 burst linkers. She mainly interest in dueling LV5 and up. Not many people hear of her and though that have tend to advise others to just give her BP and she will leave. The target she usually uninstalls are douches, pricks, super arrogant and just plain cruel since she feels that they deserved it. When targets are connected to ARS, she becomes REALLY brutal to the point that she mentally breaks them. She has a strong hatred against ARS and views ARS as "a bunch of arrogant. greedy, egomatic shits" because of what Black Vise did to a friend she made in BB. She was her first friend in outside and always talks to her across the net. Though she knows what she looks like (she spied of her), she is afraid to show herself. One day she decide to show up, there a duel going on decided to watch for a moment. She found her friend was duel, specifically a Battle Royale against Black Vise. BV did just beat her, he mentally tortured her. She not only lost the duel, but had her BB uninstalled. Neon Arsenal swear on that day that she will one day "uninstall" him.

Neon Arsenal
LV1
Ability: Generate and use a lot of weapons
Color: Black with White neon lining

Neon Arsenal looks like a humanoid circuit board because of her neon lining around her body. She is very good close and long range and also REALLY fast. Her armor is light and fragile, therefore if gets a major hit, especially close range, it's all over. She has special lens with different visions, such as UV, Infrared, sound and hologram. She is one of few burst linkers that can see though Black Vice's camouflage and shape-shifting and White Cosmos's invisibility.

Neon Arsenal has lots of armaments, hence her name. However, she does have a default armament which a laser handgun called "The Repressor". She usually uses it to distract opponent because of its weak firepower. Her favorite armament is her rocket launcher, The Crater. It lives up to its name. It has enough payload to wipe out everything within a 20 block radius. Hence, she would use it as a last resort. When Neon Arsenal uses bladed weapons, she physically cut through buildings to get to the opponents.

Neon Arsenal is not known for her firepower, but for her stealth and speed using her IS. Her IS ability, Afterimage, leaves a flash clone of herself to deceive the enemies. However this must be done without the opponent being aware of it. Another IS ability, Neon Predict, let her predict the opponents movements 10 seconds in. The drawback of using this ability too many time with make her disoriented and leave her very invulnerable. She has two long range IS attacks: Arsenal Shot which involves the bigger distance the more attack power the shot has and Arsenal Puncture which let the shot cleanly penetrate through object within the trajectory and target. The shot lose penetrate power went close to target.

Last edited by churchblue; 2012-11-15 at 17:13.
Old 2012-11-24, 19:45   Link #217
Sunder the Gold

A crossover idea:

Takamachi Nanoha is born in the years when parents customarily install Neuro Linker ports in their children at birth.

Nanoha herself prefers a magical girl avatar, with a frilly white dress and a magical wand. She also loves bullet-hell games -- an immersive, Touhou/Ikaruga-esque series of VR worlds, as well as various sharp-shooter challenges.

One day, in a communal VR environment, she runs across a boy with a ferret avatar. He's trying to run and hide from other users, claiming that they want to steal something precious from him. With quick thinking and familiarity with the surroundings and games, Nanoha keeps him safe.

The boy, Yuuno, is impressed with her ability, and makes her an offer. He'll give her his one and only chance to download-share a special game called "Brain Burst"; a game unlike anything she's ever known. In exchange for that, his mentorship in the game's rules, and a special Rare Item, Yuuno would like her to help him out for a while.

Nanoha agrees, and so enters the Accelerated World.

Welcome, Pink Devil.

Spoiler:

Yuuno Scrya isn't your normal Burst Linker. He's not actually much of a fighter or competitor at all, and he never would have reached Level 4 if not for the encouragement and help of his own mentor/master.

But he's fascinated with the mystery behind the secretive Brain Burst program. In addition to studying the code as much as he can, and trying to pierce the black box programming without triggering a defensive Uninstall, Yuuno relentlessly searches the Unlimited World environment for clues.

His searching hasn't yielded much in the way of answers, but he's discovered a number of hidden Rare Items of particular power. Unfortunately, he's also garnered a reputation for doing so, as his discoveries have drawn greedy attention.

Which is doubly unfortunate, because he seems to have stumbled across the Accelerated World's equivalent of a Doom's Day item, and other players WANT IT. Yuuno can't even count on his own Legion, anymore, which is why he needs to turn to outside help.

Nanoha herself would share her one copy of the program with her friend Arisa Bannings, who in turns shares it with their mutual friend Tsukimura Suzuka. Since the three of them were already friends in real life, and since the experience gap between them would be extremely short, none of them would have the typical Sempai/Kohai, Master/Protege relationship with each other that Brain Bursters would normally have.

The relationship between Nanoha and Yuuno would turn out much like in the MGLN anime, since each of them wants different things out of this special world, and Nanoha quickly surpasses anything that Yuuno can teach her about the conventional, fight-game aspects of the Accelerated World, and Yuuno acknowledges this.

So the four of them would behave like equals, except when differing to Yuuno's greater knowledge and experience with the society of the Accelerated World.

As to Nanoha, Arisa and Suzuka as Burst Linkers...

Spoiler:

As to the abilities of their avatars, well...

Spoiler:

Regarding Yuuno, I will state once against just how bad he is as a conventional Burst Linker... and yet, not that bad.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-25, 08:11   Link #218
judasmartel
*Author

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this, but what do you think could have happened if Haru wasn't fat, and was instead just like 99% of anime MCs: tall and lanky?
Old 2012-11-25, 08:28   Link #219
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Simple. If you look at it closely, a good part of AW's story progression is about Haru getting to grips with his low self esteem, which was bought about by his weight. If Haru had indeed been the template protagonist, AW would very likely have been written such that it would have been more about the game progression, i.e. the defeat of the other six kings, rather than how Haru has grown through his AW experience. Emotional scars are a recurring theme in AW, as is the relationships between people, even in a world where the need to do things physically is slowly declining. AW was written to be a much deeper story than most light novels but the general impression people have of such a medium makes it such that these elements are usually overlooked by readers.

Haru wasn't written like your template protagonist not because Kawahara had wanted AW to be different from other novels due to the protagonist's appearance, but because such an appearance fits in with the themes he was exploring with AW.
Old 2012-11-25, 08:54   Link #220
judasmartel
*Author

So I guess if Kawahara-sensei wrote it so that the story will be all about defeating the Six Kings instead of delving into the MC's progress as a player and as a person, it would be accepted much more easily? But then, the story would end much faster and people would keep asking for more!

Last edited by judasmartel; 2012-11-25 at 09:07.
Closed Thread

Tags
discussion, fanfiction