AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-12-11, 21:22   Link #5261
Eragon
Still Alive

In my case, as I said before, its indifference. In case of female characters, I only have eyes for Erza(and now Mavis too ). Even though I would like Juvia to get more character development, I could, at the same time, care less even if she doesn't - provided that she doesn't get more screeen time.
Old 2012-12-11, 22:29   Link #5262
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
its not hate... just constantly disappointed. I wanna like Juvia and often enough do, just want Hiro to stop dragging out Gray and Juvia constantly... get them together or just bloodily end it

Now I do admit that, about three weeks ago there was a huge miss ft contest on another thread where Juvia vs Lucy got very heated. I was pro Lucy cause she is a more well rounded character. Well there was so many dupe accounts made to take down Lucy that I got very anti Juvia due to it... mostly to fish for Lucy votes... but after you look for flaws in a character its hard not to see them anymore... I also got very annoyed since many of the people on the thread where just bloody trolls who took down both Erza and Mirajane already, I was going to be damned if I'd let them take down Lucy too for the sake of a one trick pony character... especially since Erza got 16th out of 16 place (even though I prefer Lucy, I'll admit Erza should have gotten first). So sorry if I came off strong but after 100 plus episodes (250 chapters) since Juvia first appeared thati just expect more, I mean come on an even more side character such as Mirajane has transitioned 3 or 4 times as a character and Juvia is just the same person in the same roll over the same length of time.

Anyways, again I like Juvia but I expect more from her too. So in my POV I like to say I see her as she is not only as I want/don't want her to be.

Say WHAT!? Where did this INJUSTICE occur!? Squad 7, prepare to move out! To think that they would make Erza place 16 out of 16...

Erza: Indeed, while I am happy that Juvia has so many dedicated fans...there are some things that should not be done.

Juvia: I'M SOOO SORRY! I didn't mean for them to do something like that!

Gray: You don't even know those losers, don't apologize for them.

Juvia: But Gray-sama...!

Erza: Gray is right, Juvia. *her aura begins to shine blood-red as she switches to her Purgetory Armor* There is no need to pray for the souls of the damned!

Juvia: Kyaah! Gray-sama! You have to stop her - she'll kill them all!!

Gray: *gives Juvia a look* ... no way.

Juvia: GRAY-SAMA!!

Gray: ... >.< ... fine, there's one thing we can do.

Juvia: **I knew it, Gray-sama is truly a kind person!**

Gray: *clasps his hands together* I pray that she kills them quickly...

Juvia:

Gray: Juvia, you should have realized this. Whenever Erza and Sanity don't see eye-to-eye, Sanity hides in a bunker before Erza tosses it to the curb and stomps it.

**Natsu, walks in, hands behind his back, chatting up with Happy and Lisanna. Spies Erza stomping through and calls out**

Natsu: Eh? Where are you going Erza?

Erza: Natsu! *smiles darkly* I'm going on an extermination run. Wanna come along? You can destory as much as you like and I won't say a word.

Natsu: REALLY!? *Inner Child has been released - all security locks disabled* You're the BEST Erza!!

Gray: *watches the two of them march out the door* ... oi, oi, so much for my 'prayer'.

Juvia: ... this can't be happening, this can't be happening...!

Lucy: Welcome to my world... -_-

~*~

I should start saving these and posting them up on FFNet or something...XD I love making these things.
Old 2012-12-13, 18:18   Link #5263
kitten320

It's not even about screen time... Levy had less than Juvia yet Levy still is far more 3D than her.

All Juvia ever does is "Gray-sama!"
Really, that's the only thing going for her. She never does anything else. Put her in a crowd of crazy fangirls and she'll never stand out.

I never really liked Juvia. Right before she appeared in anime everyone were like "Juvia! Can't wait!".

Admit, I found her cool until her fight with Gary. Then it was just "EH?! Are you kidding me?! Everyone are going crazy over this 1D brain?!"

Seriously, if Juvia started to show her affection towards Gray less obviously and be more natural about it, she would be far more likable and maybe Gray would finally take notice of her.

Otherwise her only real match up is Lyon who happens to be same kind of idiot when it comes to love. But at least he has other things going for him. He can compose himself too while Juvia screams "Gary-sama" at every opportunity, 20 times per episode.

The girl needs to mature up!
Old 2012-12-13, 20:12   Link #5264
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
I recognize that she wasn't in two arcs (actually she was in Edolas before ft got absorbed). However that is my point Hiro ignores her quite often and when he does use her its mostly for gags. What I want is something else just so she'll come off as a multidimensional character... potentially she could be an amazing character, however she just always ends up sidelined.

As to me being satisfied knowing what's coming... not so much. The only real development her plot line got thus far, she wasn't even in the scene (that said it was set up, so really hoping we'll get more later). The rest of it we've all seen before.

Once again she's funny and I'm looking forward to some of her upcoming jokes but that's all I'm looking forward to with her... I have hope one scene will be fleshed out but the arc isn't over yet so just maybe Juvia will actually get more development.
I would hope she would (and if you've read the manga, you should realize that development on a certain front seems to be coming). But one has to realize that she is a side character. Gajeel hasn't had much development, either, ever since he hitched up. He's just the standard tough guy. Same with several other side characters. I usually don't expect side characters to get much development, and FT has mainly used them for comedic relief, although I'll grant that whether someone's comedic quirk is actually funny or not, is purely subjective. I didn't find Gajeel's singing gag to be funny, after all.

And try not to let "anti" fans get to you. These are sad, sad people, who have let hate totally consume them.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 22:37   Link #5265
Ryus
The One Eyed King

With Levi and Tenrou Island arc Gajeel got way more development than Juvia has gotten in total and worse Gajeel got way less panel time but way more development. Not only was he Makarov's spy on Raven Tail 7 years ago, we got an amazing back story. Plus as you know from reading the manga Gajeel is getting more plot coming his way too... and Im not referring to Chariot which airs in ~24hrs. So stating Gajeel as getting sidelined too makes Juvia's sidelining ok is a fallacy argumemt since their levels of plot sidelining are not equal, Gajeel being a Dragon Slayer and having an actual dynamic romance building instead of a static non romance truly disproves that entire argument you just made.

Agreed Gajeel gets not much plot when compaired to main characters but he gets way more than Juvia whom is trying to date the 4th main character and by that note should be getting more development than Gajeel (excluding DS stuff). However this isn't the case and in fact the opposite is true... Gajeel who's interested in an even more side character than he gets way more plot and development than the girl trying to date the main male supporting character.

Oh and they didn't get to me... but the passion of defeating them did , if that makes any sense

Last edited by Ryus; 2012-12-13 at 22:59.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 22:48   Link #5266
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 161:
Old 2012-12-14, 23:31   Link #5267
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep161:
Old 2012-12-14, 23:45   Link #5268
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep161:
Oh if only you knew how Cruel it is. /shudder
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 23:48   Link #5269
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Spoiler for 161:
Old 2012-12-15, 01:30   Link #5270
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Spoiler for ch 161:
Old 2012-12-15, 02:35   Link #5271
MechR

Quote:
... especially since Erza got 16th out of 16 place
And what Godforsaken forum might this be? Oh wait, found it. Pity I can't see the final vote counts for that round anymore; it seems to show up as a tie.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 03:15   Link #5272
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

161: The animation quality was low, but expected, the better one will be save for later.

I love it, how Elfman enjoyed the fight in the end, he was so soak in manliness, when the other 2 were fighting fairly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
And what Godforsaken forum might this be? Oh wait, found it. Pity I can't see the final vote counts for that round anymore; it seems to show up as a tie.
Meh, I call rig election, someone (or mod) was bias for Mira.
Old 2012-12-15, 07:00   Link #5273
ookamigirl

So far Fairy Tail is a disgrace.
At least they don't lack the fighting spirit.
The part at the tavern was lively.
Natsu & chariot, that was just pathetic.
I was surprised it affected Gajeel as well.
Well, at least their efforts got them the affection of the audience.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 11:03   Link #5274
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
To the person who wondered "Why Toby?" I gather it's mainly because he was already a named and created character. It's easier bringing someone back, then making up someone new (and he's already made a TON of new characters for this arc). Plus, you have to assume he's gotten a bit stronger, although he does still seem a bit dumb.

Not much to say about Chariot, although I'm still a bit miffed that apparently all DS"s have motion sickness. I'm wondering if Mashima is actually going to give a reason for this down the line, because I feel it loses it's charm as a quirk if so many people have it.

And next up is Elfman vs. Bacchus... which should be a good match, although, not quite as good as I would have liked....

And Charle (I'm still calling her that, dammit), you aren't going to believe your visions, eh? I suppose it's a bit natural considering what happened in Edolas, but you should give it some credence and let some others know, just in case. You do have some confirmed future-sight ability, after all.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 11:40   Link #5275
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
To the person who wondered "Why Toby?" I gather it's mainly because he was already a named and created character. It's easier bringing someone back, then making up someone new (and he's already made a TON of new characters for this arc). Plus, you have to assume he's gotten a bit stronger, although he does still seem a bit dumb.

Not much to say about Chariot, although I'm still a bit miffed that apparently all DS"s have motion sickness. I'm wondering if Mashima is actually going to give a reason for this down the line, because I feel it loses it's charm as a quirk if so many people have it.

And next up is Elfman vs. Bacchus... which should be a good match, although, not quite as good as I would have liked....

And Charle (I'm still calling her that, dammit), you aren't going to believe your visions, eh? I suppose it's a bit natural considering what happened in Edolas, but you should give it some credence and let some others know, just in case. You do have some confirmed future-sight ability, after all.
Well yeah the common sense reasoning would be that it was easier to just bring back a character than make even more new ones. But I just think it makes it harder to take the claim that Lamia Scale is one of the top guilds if their A-Team has Toby in it. But certainly understandable. Made those guys for the Galuna Island Arc so might as well keep on using them.

The motion sickness thing is weird. I suppose they can make the excuse as to why we've never seen Wendy have issues as her casting Troia on herself offscreen? Would be nice if they actually came up with a reason for that. Some plot significance would be nice.

And yeah, wish Charle would have some more faith in herself. Just because it's not a future you want to see doesn't mean you should ignore it. Telling everyone gives them a chance to prepare for the worst or at least stay sharp. There's no way she wouldn't be believed if she spoke up.
Old 2012-12-15, 12:02   Link #5276
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well yeah the common sense reasoning would be that it was easier to just bring back a character than make even more new ones. But I just think it makes it harder to take the claim that Lamia Scale is one of the top guilds if their A-Team has Toby in it. But certainly understandable. Made those guys for the Galuna Island Arc so might as well keep on using them.
While Toby's as dumb as a rock, the paralyzing claw thing he's got would be a huge problem at melee range for a lot of wizards.

Quote:
The motion sickness thing is weird. I suppose they can make the excuse as to why we've never seen Wendy have issues as her casting Troia on herself offscreen? Would be nice if they actually came up with a reason for that. Some plot significance would be nice.
Seeing as Gajeel only just developed motion sickness, the explanation for Wendy is pretty simple - she just hasn't developed motion sickness yet. Mashima seems to have decided to retcon it from a Natsu problem, into a problem all DS eventually develop.

Quote:
And yeah, wish Charle would have some more faith in herself. Just because it's not a future you want to see doesn't mean you should ignore it. Telling everyone gives them a chance to prepare for the worst or at least stay sharp. There's no way she wouldn't be believed if she spoke up.
To be fair, pretty much every attempt to act on her, or her mother's visions resulted in some sort of disaster, and none of them have ever actually be averted. Not exactly encouraging for speaking up.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 14:41   Link #5277
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Just as the episode began, i completely believed it,i thought we were getting some niceGray x Lucy moment until Gray says 'i've got Juvia' and the scene breakes, really her imagination is getting more and more realistic, and would have never thought cana would be beaten in a drinking game, and Bacchus takes away her bra!!!!!
Another scene would be Gajeel patting Laxus on the head, Don't do it!!!!!, i want the badass Laxus
so, we see Elfman fight in the next, his magic seems to have improved, i hope he wins, but i am not sure about Toby. I wonder what bet Bacchus might be placing
Old 2012-12-16, 15:19   Link #5278
ShiroiRyu

Oh man oh man oh man ...
Next week with Elfman !
And we are near Erza one. **
Old 2012-12-16, 15:53   Link #5279
kitten320

Ho, I've enjoyed this episode much more than I expected. It had some nice moments.

I still wonder what Lucy's singing has to do with castle falling apart... some kind of new power?

Looks like Flare has it tough... I wonder what her real personality is like...

Looks like Bacchus got a charismatic sounding VA, I remember him well from Hakuouki

I really like Snake Dudes voice especially when he says "Sand Rebellion".

A bit weir but I actually recognize one of the spectator's voice... doesn't help that he actually looks a bit like character from Uchuu Kyodai...
Old 2012-12-17, 00:52   Link #5280
ginger02

You would think that wreaking the chariots would disqualify Bacchus but I guess not lol. Was a bit confused on the Dragonslayer sickness, since Gajeel didn't have it before, but i guess it has to do with power levels.

And i really wish the GrayxLucy dream of Juvia's was real haha
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen