Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-29, 02:15   Link #101
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazawraith View Post
Going Merry funeral
I started tearing up again when I read that line. Sweet jebus, that was SO SAD.
Old 2012-03-29, 02:29   Link #102
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

I still think that this is the beginning of the "New Era of Pirates". That "smiley" jolly roger was tatooed all over his coat.
Btw, That "M" guy look likes Hawkins in voodoo mode.
Old 2012-03-29, 03:36   Link #103
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Lol, Happy Harpy - that's a pretty nice nickname :-D. And she does look better "made" than the other centaur-like creatures - maybe she's a Zoan, indeed...
Old 2012-03-29, 03:39   Link #104
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
You're probably very alone on the "we hate Law" boat after this chapter.
Actually Law has both gained and lost alot of fans these few chapters. His ability to steal hearts was too immoral and cruel to some, he seem to have lost his charm as a chill character.

Its not exactly clear whether Law has closed the room as well, the only hints were the bits of ship lying around, but those were used to drop and attack Smoker.

Someone was asking whats the sound effects of Smoker's heart, they are heart beat sounds. At first it was going 'buto' but the very last panel in the corner, it went 'dokun... dokun...', I think the heart is becoming weaker.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-03-29, 04:02   Link #105
Talendra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Because in every other case we've seen Law use his powers, people were up and functioning right away; albeit disoriented. Smoker however has slump over and fallen showing no signs that his body functions. Whatever Law has done, its is different than what he's done to everyone else
And thats the very point I mean: we don't have any evidence just yet, that this really is something else. Smoker could just as easily just grab the snow while saying something about how he underestimated Law and stand up. We simply don't know yet.

While it might be a long shot to assume that Law getting Smokers heart has *no* consequence whatsoever ( I actually think it will have); imo it's even more of a long shot to assume Smoker is completely beaten by Law after this half-a-chapter fight, especially with all the setting up Oda did with Smoker. Thus I think that heart-thing is merely an interesting cliffhanger, but not the end of Smoker, which would nicely be come together if Oda really is just playing with the readers by making this ability of Law look way more OP than it really is.
Old 2012-03-29, 04:59   Link #106
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post

Anyone know what the sound effects around smokers heart mean?
If I'm not mistaken, it reads "dokun.. dokun..". Probably heart's beating sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, I'm kinda hoping that Miss Happy Harpy is actually much stronger than Brownbeard's fodder centaur army. Like maybe instead of being some Vegapunk-manufactured mutant, she could be actually be a zoan who's a fairly strong haki user.....
Yep, such a cute character, it'll be a waste if she'd be sent out flying with one punch like regular fodders. And if she's a zoan, we can expect a human form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talendra View Post

For all we know, if Law tried to crush Smokers heart, as in to prevent his remaining body to continue the fight, the heart could easily turn to smoke and we might be where we started.
That probably can happen, but as far as I remember, Smoker has never won any fight against major character before, I don't think he's going to start now.

For all his shouting to Tashigi about "not enough Haki level", apparently he doesn't have enough either
Old 2012-03-29, 05:04   Link #107
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quick thing I wanted to point out here.... on the page where they show the Strawhats in the paper, right under Luffy's picture....

We have Garp, Dragon, and COULD be Hancock... or could if be Luffy's mother?
Old 2012-03-29, 08:28   Link #108
ronin myael
lost ronin

so who among you here thinks smoker is dead? just curious.
Old 2012-03-29, 09:43   Link #109
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

There's a chance Luffy is going to accidentally or unknowingly return Smoker's heart. Smoker will then let the crew off be pay back for it.

Old 2012-03-29, 09:47   Link #110
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
so who among you here thinks smoker is dead? just curious.
Certainly not me. It's obvious that Smoker isn't down for the count just yet. Him dieing now wouldn't make any sense whatsoever since Oda has built him up as a thorn in Luffy's side that will relentlessly hound him until he's captured (analogous to Garp chasing Roger, as mentioned already).

This "setback" doesn't hurt Smoker's credibility, really. Up until he got his heart stolen, they were both evenly matched. The very fact that he was fighting intensely with Law in his "room" is proof that he's developed his Haki skills considerably. And he's only going to continue to get stronger as the story progresses.

With all that being said, Smoker isn't finished. You can be sure of that.
Old 2012-03-29, 09:53   Link #111
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Certainly not me. It's obvious that Smoker isn't down for the count just yet. Him dieing now wouldn't make any sense whatsoever since Oda has built him up as a thorn in Luffy's side that will relentlessly hound him until he's captured (analogous to Garp chasing Roger, as mentioned already).

This "setback" doesn't hurt Smoker's credibility, really. Up until he got his heart stolen, they were both evenly matched. The very fact that he was fighting intensely with Law in his "room" is proof that he's developed his Haki skills considerably. And he's only going to continue to get stronger as the story progresses.

With all that being said, Smoker isn't finished. You can be sure of that.
just asking because i've been reading some claims that smoker is dead. if he's alive then his life is literally in the hands of law. just a squeeze and he's a goner.

speaking of hearts, since law has the ability to exchange hearts, is it possible that bepo might actually have been human whose heart was exchanged with that of a bear's? i've always wondered how that kung fu polar bear could talk.
Old 2012-03-29, 10:28   Link #112
tminty1

Bepo is not a human since he was asking for female bears on Amazon Lily. It might be like Moria's ability where the soul and body fuse together after so long and share thoughts of both. OR the bear hormones in the body makes him think like a bear while actually being a human at heart.
Old 2012-03-29, 11:02   Link #113
Jaieni

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Quick thing I wanted to point out here.... on the page where they show the Strawhats in the paper, right under Luffy's picture....

I'm pretty sure it's Ace.
Old 2012-03-29, 11:04   Link #114
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post

That's...Ace, bro :/

And Goddamn you guys...now I REALLY want Happy Harpy for next Nakama xD
Old 2012-03-29, 11:18   Link #115
tminty1

Smoker's heart for new nakama.
Old 2012-03-29, 14:06   Link #116
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
My thought process was fill the whole room up with smoke and force law out of the room. Even if Law made another room you could keep filling them up and forcing him back and do hit and run attacks on him.
You're assuming Smoker can do something like that when we don't know if he can. Perhaps the reason he didn't do that is because he still hasn't fully mastered his DF ability yet. And besides, Law's room is a very large area in itself. It may be quite difficult to fill up that whole area with smoke.
Old 2012-03-29, 14:26   Link #117
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Relax, bro! I wasn't being serious here (though I did notice some people a couple pages back who seemed to be wishing for ol' Smokey's demise....).

Anyways, I'm sure Smoker and Tashigi will be fixed right back up, via Luffy's assistance. As I've said before, I still don't really see Law being the villain of this arc. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the two supernova captains once again teamed up together to kick some ass (more specifically, M's ass, not the marines). Besides, I'm sure Luffy will still feel indebted to Law since he saved his life during the war....

Also, I'm kinda hoping that Miss Happy Harpy is actually much stronger than Brownbeard's fodder centaur army. Like maybe instead of being some Vegapunk-manufactured mutant, she could be actually be a zoan who's a fairly strong haki user.....
Got it

I think Harpy is gonna be pretty strong. Hoping for that anyways. Awesome character and doesn't really look like she was "created", zoan is a likely alternative. It means she must like being in "animal" form and it doesn't explain the sheep people. I wonder if there is some other tribe of animal people (not like pekoms or bebo) dedicated to different animal types. Or they are some offshoot of vega experimentation.

Regarding the newspaper article I saw this on the AP forum posted by Xaravir
Spoiler for :

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel16 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, it reads "dokun.. dokun..". Probably heart's beating sound
Cool thanks. So the heart is probably not in ice if it is still beating.

Smoker isn't dead and I really want him to overcome this "mes" Law has put him in (ducks head).

It was pretty interested what Law replied to Smoker's question about what he was scheming on the island. "What are you scheming on this island?". What does that mean? Law is aware Smoker wants to catch Luffy and crew? M is actually working for the marines and Law is speaking to Smoker as a marine representative..

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-03-29 at 19:29. Reason: Please edit your post and refrain from double/triple posting...
Old 2012-03-29, 14:40   Link #118
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
Cool thanks. So the heart is probably not in ice if it is still beating.
I posted this above, but no one seems to have noticed:

Quote:
Someone was asking whats the sound effects of Smoker's heart, they are heart beat sounds. At first it was going 'buto' but the very last panel in the corner, it went 'dokun... dokun...', I think the heart is becoming weaker.

Old 2012-03-29, 15:03   Link #119
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel16 View Post
Yep, such a cute character, it'll be a waste if she'd be sent out flying with one punch like regular fodders. And if she's a zoan, we can expect a human form

Really, I don't care if she's cute or not, I just want to see a new powerful female character since we haven't seen one for so long (I wouldn't count Big Mom, since she's one of the emperors). I mean, I don't really expect her to be on the same level as Hancock or anything, but at least let her be strong enough to not get knocked out in one blow.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tminty1 View Post
OR the bear hormones in the body makes him think like a bear while actually being a human at heart.

Oh, so basically like the opposite of Pappag, right (starfish who thought he was human)? Yeah, that could work, but as I said before, I'm leaning towards there being a furry race in the OP world (since that would also explain guys like Pekoms or those monkey guys from the Jaya arc).
Old 2012-03-29, 15:17   Link #120
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I posted this above, but no one seems to have noticed:
Nice, thanks. Well if thats the case then smoker is in trouble.

When logias have been harmed before they are able to regenerate themselves. Get head cut off, bullets, smashed to pieces etc... It seems like oda is trying to make the heart a crucial part of the body that is not easily regenerated (motivation for law to go after hearts, reason personalities are with the heart). If that is the case then smoker will not easily be able to regenerate his body, ie his heart.

Still think smoker will be able to get out of it by himself. If not, probably SHs will somehow help.

Oda has really established Law as a Shichibukai with his power demonstration in the past few chapters.
Closed Thread