AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-09-14, 08:05   Link #61
SineMora
Wait for it...

100 turns as Harmony Faction please? I've seen gameplays of Supremacy and Purity but no Harmony...

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 08:44   Link #62
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I also want to see someone takes on the Harmony. That's my most anticipated affinity.
Old 2014-09-14, 12:48   Link #63
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

That was pretty awesome.
Old 2014-09-15, 08:51   Link #64
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
100 turns as Harmony Faction please? I've seen gameplays of Supremacy and Purity but no Harmony...
Well, haven't seen a playthrough, but from screenshots I've seen Harmony allows you to control the aliens in the late game, including using Siege Worms and gigantic aliens (aka kaiju ) into enemy cities.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 11:45   Link #65
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/26/ci...n-impressions/

I am hyped!
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 12:24   Link #66
Mr Hat and Clogs

The hype is real, cannot wait for this to come out. That video was very informative.
Old 2014-09-28, 05:33   Link #67
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Continental Surveyor looks like a good perk there...

Also, some affinity-related art:

Images
Affinities
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2014-09-28, 07:28   Link #68
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Purity! I choose you!
Old 2014-09-28, 08:02   Link #69
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Purity all the way here.
Old 2014-09-28, 10:35   Link #70
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I really hope the game offer the complexity that encourages a healthy variation of gameplay. Seem like we are no longer "tunneled" into either being "pure econ/science" based or "pure warfare" based in terms of research and city development.

It actually worried me how the guy in the video I linked seem to be able to get away with having no military units for 250 turns. I think military presence should be a core part of your colony. Whether or not you attack others is another story.

Also I hope early conquest will be worth the risk. Civ5 has more or less turned into a much pacifistic game...

Side note:
I think it will be awesome to have some "always hostile city states" owned by aliens. If attacking against other colonies yields a heavy diplomatic penalty like in civ, then just add "alien extremists" which allow more militaristic-oriented players to flex their muscles.
Old 2014-09-28, 10:40   Link #71
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I really hope the game offer the complexity that encourages a healthy variation of gameplay. Seem like we are no longer "tunneled" into either being "pure econ/science" based or "pure warfare" based in terms of research and city development.

It actually worried me how the guy in the video I linked seem to be able to get away with having no military units for 250 turns. I think military presence should be a core part of your colony. Whether or not you attack others is another story.
Wanting a healthy variation of gameplay and then worried how the guy in the video can have no military for that long?

In previous Civs, not having military units so early would be suicide due to the existence of Barbarians (Well you can turn off Barbarians but still...). At least for those players who prefer peaceful coexistence while going up science and technology they can hold off on having military units for a while longer than they would in a traditional Civ game.

Old 2014-09-28, 14:22   Link #72
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Wanting a healthy variation of gameplay and then worried how the guy in the video can have no military for that long?

In previous Civs, not having military units so early would be suicide due to the existence of Barbarians (Well you can turn off Barbarians but still...). At least for those players who prefer peaceful coexistence while going up science and technology they can hold off on having military units for a while longer than they would in a traditional Civ game.
Actually, in Civ V you can sometimes get away with having no military for a large part of the game depending on your strategy (and, of course, your neighbors). For example, if you have no workers, barbarians aren't that much of a problem, they only block useful tiles every now and then.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-28, 20:31   Link #73
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Continental Surveyor looks like a good perk there...

Also, some affinity-related art:

Images
Affinities
Harmony FTW. At least in my heart... Glory to the swarm!

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 16:30   Link #74
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:

Well, healthy variation doesn't mean the completely lack of one aspect of the game...

Now curious how the Health system replace happiness. Not having to deal with something like happiness (basically restricting where you build cities, as well as throttling your conquest) would be awesome...
Old 2014-09-29, 21:30   Link #75
Mr Hat and Clogs

YouTube
Old 2014-10-02, 04:11   Link #76
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Zerg, Terran, and Protoss??
So I'll choose Supremacy...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 06:00   Link #77
Jaden

This might be a game I buy as soon as it's released, game looks quite solid.
I'll probably go back to Civ 5 at some point since I have "only" about 600 hours played on it, but right now it'd be nice to have something brand new.

Spoiler for a Let's Play of the preview build by a master civ player:
Old 2014-10-02, 06:24   Link #78
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Zerg, Terran, and Protoss??
So I'll choose Supremacy...
As I was watching I called the Harmony people bunch of alien scums... guess I am picking Purity.

But I will actually wait for more expansions before I get this. Civ 5 got really good after the two expansions, no need to rush.
Old 2014-10-02, 07:54   Link #79
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
As I was watching I called the Harmony people bunch of alien scums... guess I am picking Purity.

But I will actually wait for more expansions before I get this. Civ 5 got really good after the two expansions, no need to rush.
I am one of the guys who preordered Beyond Earth. And also purchased Civ5 back in the vanilla days, so I hope I can report the changes between the expansions.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 16:30   Link #80
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't know the first thing about this franchise, but I'm feeling the chills after watching this-

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote