AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-22, 22:56   Link #41
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No contest that Tomoko rocks ... I could look at her all day. But if there's a Canvas 3, I'd like it to center on Hagino .... with Tomoko as a darkly cute balance.
Old 2005-12-22, 23:21   Link #42
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
No contest that Tomoko rocks ... I could look at her all day. But if there's a Canvas 3, I'd like it to center on Hagino .... with Tomoko as a darkly cute balance.
I've got an idea - Tomoko needs to team up with Nerine and Primula from Shuffle! and form a girl group! Hagino could be the group's promoter, Elise can handle the artwork, Kiri is in charge of costuming and catering, and Hiroki fits in as general manager. Plus Sumire could use her contacts in the music business, and Shouta could hire on as a roadie so he can be near Elise. All we need now is a name for the group.

Mangatron, I know the vision of goth Tomoko, maid Nerine and neko Primula together on stage might cause a terminal nosebleed. If so, I am truly sorry.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 23:57   Link #43
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Oh, I forgot to say how much I like Tomoko and Elis' friendship.

Tomoko and Elis are two of the best things of the show, and they only get better when they're together.
Old 2005-12-23, 00:07   Link #44
dojikyo

I agree. Tomoko's "V" signaling after her "acting" and Tomoko helping Elis escape (by asking for tea) were quite endearing.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 00:55   Link #45
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
I've got an idea - Tomoko needs to team up with Nerine and Primula from Shuffle! and form a girl group! Hagino could be the group's promoter, Elise can handle the artwork, Kiri is in charge of costuming and catering, and Hiroki fits in as general manager. Plus Sumire could use her contacts in the music business, and Shouta could hire on as a roadie so he can be near Elise. All we need now is a name for the group.

Mangatron, I know the vision of goth Tomoko, maid Nerine and neko Primula together on stage might cause a terminal nosebleed. If so, I am truly sorry.
All you're lacking is Hazuki the vampire as the record company exec who grumpily oversees the band and Karin as her flaky assistant.

Why am I experiencing "Josie and the Pussycats" nightmares now....?

Actually... given that a lot of J-pop sounds very '80s to me .... I've fallen into the habit of imagining whatever character fits the tune singing whenever I listen to '80s music radio stations. The anime industry *sooooo* misses the opportunity to sell mini-DVDs of animated music videos of characters singing.

Of course I've seen the j-pop and anime "live" music videos ... and they pretty much suck when compared to even more pathetic early music videos. Watch a ZZTop, or Eurythmics period video and compare it... Kotoko's live show DVD wasn't too bad (kind of cute) but her music videos were direction duds... Even the cute little Team Hinoi group has a rather pathetic set of videos for their tunes (Ike Ike, King Kong, etc)... hell, the best part of the disk is during the cameo random documentary bits rather than the "production" stuff.

yeah i know.. blah blah rant rant froth... but .... LOST OPPORTUNITIES o anime industry.
Old 2005-12-24, 02:11   Link #46
Observation

Canvas 2 eyecatches up to ep12.
Observation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 01:00   Link #47
navi432001
Completely Unproductive

Good to see the threads are starting back up I love Canvas 2 ^_^

animesuki was hit once and pulled through we can do it again!
navi432001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 03:02   Link #48
PsychItsMike

Send a message via AIM to PsychItsMike
Is there a manga for Canvas 2? If so does it go on after the anime ends?
PsychItsMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 03:13   Link #49
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychItsMike
Is there a manga for Canvas 2? If so does it go on after the anime ends?
Yes there is a manga, although I lost some of the info from my post in the lost thread. But, quick summary:

An ongoing manga first started March, or was it April, 2005, currently 9 chapters and 2 special compilation chapters. No, it does not go on after the anime ends, it's an alternative look to the story of the anime, with different stories and such.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 03:18   Link #50
PsychItsMike

Alright cool thanks. At least i know it will not totally leave me hanging without closure. You're like a freaking anime/manga encyclopedia mangatron =P
Old 2005-12-25, 03:23   Link #51
mangatron

Quote:
Alright cool thanks. At least i know it will not totally leave me hanging without closure. You're like a freaking anime/manga encyclopedia mangatron =P
Thanks, although I'm much more of an F&C (creators of Canvas 2) fan oh by the way, my nick lol...And I did release those chapters as well, and am anxiously waiting for chapter 10 and others more to come
Old 2005-12-25, 12:27   Link #52
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Canvas 2 is a really good series. The Tomoko and Elis relationship is a refreshing change. Overall, the secondary and main characters are better than some of the other anime out there. It's not always Hiroki solving everyone's problems for instance (Elis solved the problem for the songbird, for example).

And for now, I really don't know who will win in the end... I mean, Elis is clearly the main character (at least, from her prominent display in the opening). But Kiri and Hiroki seem to "click" better so far (but then again, Sia was "clicking" at the start of Shuffle). Episode 12 might have been a bridge for Hiroki and Elis (it feels like Hiroki looks at Elis maybe differently at the end of 12?). Playing the game, it kind of felt like Elis was the main character, the main object if you will. Or so I thought...
Spoiler:

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to episode 13 (today, right?). After no Kiri in episode 12, this should be very Kiri-centric, and ratchet up the tension with...
Spoiler:

On a side note, has anyone checked out those Elis and Kiri character CDs that came out? I find it interesting (and it makes it still somewhat a toss up as to who will "win" in the end) that, if memory serves me correctly, (major spoiler)...
Spoiler:
MonkeyBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 12:58   Link #53
PsychItsMike

*clap clap clap* nicely put MonkeyBrains. There is a game?! What do you even do in it? 13 today?! This IS a merry christmas!
Old 2005-12-25, 14:25   Link #54
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBrains
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to episode 13 (today, right?). After no Kiri in episode 12, this should be very Kiri-centric, and ratchet up the tension with...
Spoiler:
I'm sorry to burst not just your bubble, but mine, and everyone else watching Canvas 2. There's pro's and con's, for one thing episode 13 did not air yesterday, won't today, and won't return till Jan 08 2006. Which kinda sucks, because I can't get enough abviously lol. The pro's is, well, fansubs won't be lacking anymore, so, yeah....

By the way, your above spoiler...
Spoiler:

I think I see a trend somewhere...they must be holding off chapter 10 till then
Old 2005-12-25, 14:42   Link #55
Observation

Observation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 14:55   Link #56
oDin01

Quote:
*clap clap clap* nicely put MonkeyBrains. There is a game?! What do you even do in it? 13 today?! This IS a merry christmas!
No new Canvas2 episode today. At least we get a new one next week.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 15:56   Link #57
PsychItsMike

*Sob* =( I was so happy too... oh well ill just have to endure until the 8th. thanks for the heads up
Old 2005-12-26, 14:25   Link #58
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Yes, I was so disappointed as well. Such a long wait for what will probably be a good episode. I just have to remember the old saying, "All good things succumb to those who wait."

As for the game(s), they were released in 2004. They are standard ADV games.
The PS2 version has two additional characters that are in the anime - the green haired person in charge of the art club, and Tomoko.
MonkeyBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 04:03   Link #59
PsychItsMike

Yay lunar just released ep 12!! 13 here we come!!
Old 2005-12-28, 13:29   Link #60
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Since not much is going on the thread I suppose I'll ask a hypothetical question. Is it possible there will be one more girl joining this already developing love triangle involving Hiroki? The reasoning that lead to the question:

- We already have been hinted that the reason Hiroki rejected Kiri might have to do with Hiroki's liking another girl.

- We know Hiroki doesn't want to draw after he graduated from High School.

- We also know Ellis is as much clueless as us to the reason behind why Hiroki is reluctant to draw.

Your thoughts.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, f&c, kadokawa, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, zexcs