AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 25 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 24.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 10.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.33%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-19, 11:49   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Amagami SS - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Amagami SS, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2010-08-19, 12:21   Link #2
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

What time does this episode air? I haven't seen /a/ talking about it right now, so I assume it must be later.
Old 2010-08-19, 13:45   Link #3
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
What time does this episode air? I haven't seen /a/ talking about it right now, so I assume it must be later.
And that's why you rate is as "Painful"?

There are no words to describe how good this episode was. If anything, it needed less school life and moar Luv.
10/10 all the way, because GREAT arc is GREAT!!

Last edited by ueXia; 2010-08-19 at 17:06.
Old 2010-08-19, 14:03   Link #4
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Spoiler for Episode 8 of the Curly Messy Sexy Hair:

_________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
Thursday 2525 or Friday 1.25am Japan time (+9 GMT). Its already been 2 hours since episode 8 finish airing in Japan.
Note that Thursday 2525 = Friday 1.25

Last edited by margafred; 2010-08-19 at 18:18. Reason: Time fix...
Old 2010-08-19, 14:23   Link #5
deffusse
otaku[SK]

すばらし です。

Oh margafred thank you for your huge post, only experience of watching the images gave me the impression of giving this episode 10/10. How many times have I said to myself "do not open the spoiler tag" XD, but suprisingly it always ended this way. Only one dissapointment >> why the heck Sae where's my Rihoko_chan..... anyways I'm going to rape the torrent now

as expected it was great
Spoiler for story line:

This whole Kaoru arc was wonderful, not to mention the great seiyu part of Satou Riina and her ED {the full ver. is marvelous Buy it - GET it!}
I doubt the other stories will be so wonderful like this one, but also I hope so...

Last edited by deffusse; 2010-08-19 at 17:09. Reason: 'cause it was soooo nice, I took it once again :D
Old 2010-08-19, 16:00   Link #6
U<3Anime
Boo!

Massive nosebleed at Santa Haruka... She is sure "lovely"~<3

I'm just wondering, is the anime ending for koaru the best ending or its just good ending? If not, do all best endings get a time skip epilogue or is it only in haruka's case?
Old 2010-08-19, 17:13   Link #7
ueXia

Uhmm .. did anyone notice the last bit of episode, after Sae's arc preview? Where the Ponycanyon advertisement comes up, there seems to be unaired footage with Kaoru and Junichi (sport clothes) riding the bycicle.
Yay for OVAs =)
Old 2010-08-19, 18:01   Link #8
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up

Automatic 10/10 It was better and less ecchi to my standards to last end of Morishima. Really remarkable with the amount of ecchi I have seen around anime even though I did not see that much. I did these GIFs quickly but will do the rest later.....first of all the kiss even though the zoom out was terrible when are we going to get a nice close up?=>

Original since it's too big=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/5527155a.gif
Freebie avatar=>

Original here=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/6dbce23f.gif
Other episode parts.....who is this wonderful girl here=>

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/81c31fd2.jpg
A most excellent plan of Keiko and Umehara for Junichi to meet Kaoru in the infirmary! I loved it a lot! Here=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/f1326298.jpg
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/a74ddf21.jpg
Keiko should go out with Umehara! Just look at this=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/b6d15c5d.jpg
They look good together! Go to admit Sae and Miya's presents to Ai were nice here and I liked that part=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/149c386b.jpg
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/199410f1.jpg
Port Tower looks gigantic and gorgeously done here=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/2699bcea.jpg
Landscape is to fall in here=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/5c0e4341.jpg
ROFL! Junichi is afraid of heights here=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/9a7267f0.jpg
Junichi's room can be seen as having mechas and he has 2 beds officially not to mention a TV with a computer desktop and a poster of a jet fighter?=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/c484854f.jpg
Next episode is Sae indeed but did anyone see how cute she is like that=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/3750e821.jpg
Well that's it for now but I will admit that Kaoru is damn daring to go into Junichi's bed and they should have shown how Miya would react to that when she sees then in the morning. Also I though this was way better than the last arc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ueXia View Post
Uhmm .. did anyone notice the last bit of episode, after Sae's arc preview? Where the Ponycanyon advertisement comes up, there seems to be unaired footage with Kaoru and Junichi (sport clothes) riding the bycicle.
Yay for OVAs =)
Yeah I know! I was because I wanted to see that part. Wish to have made a GIF of that. I could but the advertisement was in the way.
Old 2010-08-19, 18:22   Link #9
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Forgot to add this on my post, from the preview, seems like they're having a summer story (summer uniform ftw!), so i guess there won't be a Christmas romance for Sae?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
I'm just wondering, is the anime ending for koaru the best ending or its just good ending? If not, do all best endings get a time skip epilogue or is it only in haruka's case?
I always assume everyone gets the best ending.. not sure why Kaoru didn't have the time skip part like Haruka. But still even without it, Kaoru's ending was still the best one *for me*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ueXia View Post
Yay for OVAs =)
More like it will be included in DVD/BD version as director's uncut version, like Working! vol 1 DVD where an extra scene not shown on the TV was added to the episode 1.

EDIT : Seems like they're responding to that part in twitter

Quote:
https://twitter.com/amagami_ouen

TBS視聴の皆様、お疲れさまです。薫編は今回で終了です。ただ、最後のシーンが、事情によりちょっと駆け 足になってしまいました。必ず何らかの形でフォローしますので、しばしお待ちを。。。(くろぶ た)

Last edited by margafred; 2010-08-19 at 18:39.
Old 2010-08-19, 19:27   Link #10
Key Board
Carbon

They said they ran out of time and couldn't put the scene in

They told the audience to be wait and they will make up to this somehow
Old 2010-08-19, 21:06   Link #11
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
They said they ran out of time and couldn't put the scene in

They told the audience to be wait and they will make up to this somehow
Yeah let me guess......BD or DVDs but if that is so they better but extras for the other arcs as well within each episode......or else people might be
Old 2010-08-19, 21:22   Link #12
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Great episode. Junichi's has good balance with his gar and pathetic moments.

The ending was great though, straddling him like that. I really wasn't sure where they were going to go with that. But to fall asleep mid-kiss...Junichi needs some pointers.

I don't know why Kaoru had the entire maid outfit on though, she just needed clothes to wear, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Massive nosebleed at Santa Haruka... She is sure "lovely"~<3
I'm afraid she stole the show for me. Not only was her outfit awesome, but she thought nothing of it.

Quote:
I would have preferred a conclusion like Haruka's, but Junichi definitely looked older on that beach. Still, there was no transition from the bedroom to the end.
Old 2010-08-19, 21:30   Link #13
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wahahaha!
The end was so hilarious. Development... event... AND THEN! Sudden stop! There! Freeze shot! 5 sec. tie-up!
And while the audience is going (O_O)?... the ending sponsors screen shows content that wasn't even shown!

And then, we get told they had a problem and had to rush the end.
Well, no sudden time-skip like Mobly Santa's arc is very welcome for me, either way.

The other parts of the episode was fairly nice. As always, Mya wins. Next Christmas, I want to have a date with her...
Maybe if a LovePlus version of her gets developed...
But yeah, the way it ended... Definitely gets 9/10 for that.

In general, Wakame's arc was really plain and nothing really noticeable happened. The drama over her family left very little impression too.
But I guess it is better than getting overwhelmed...
Ah~ah... Wakem arc done... Time to get rid of sensei...

Next time is......... The girl with the weird voice.

PS: Wow... Falling asleep during a kiss. Sleeping Beauty's prince would be surprised...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-08-19, 21:38   Link #14
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

The ending is kind of different than i remember... hmmmm

Which ending is this... i only got gold ending for kaoru...
Old 2010-08-19, 21:39   Link #15
Kenn
Stomp

I was hoping for Miya to come in during the latter parts of the bedroom scene. xD Man she falls asleep fast. And during a kiss too. The skip from the bedroom scene to the beach was a bit awkward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta
@_@ She does have a weird voice. Gonna have to get used to it though. She'll be main for the next few episodes. Hopefully Miya makes more than a few appearances.

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Old 2010-08-19, 22:15   Link #16
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Wahahaha!
The end was so hilarious. Development... event... AND THEN! Sudden stop! There! Freeze shot! 5 sec. tie-up!
And while the audience is going (O_O)?... the ending sponsors screen shows content that wasn't even shown!

And then, we get told they had a problem and had to rush the end.
Well, no sudden time-skip like Mobly Santa's arc is very welcome for me, either way.

The other parts of the episode was fairly nice. As always, Mya wins. Next Christmas, I want to have a date with her...
Maybe if a LovePlus version of her gets developed...
But yeah, the way it ended... Definitely gets 9/10 for that.

In general, Wakame's arc was really plain and nothing really noticeable happened. The drama over her family left very little impression too.
But I guess it is better than getting overwhelmed...
Ah~ah... Wakem arc done... Time to get rid of sensei...

PS: Wow... Falling asleep during a kiss. Sleeping Beauty's prince would be surprised...
Agreed that this arc was flat, the whole family thing didn't get any resolution or explanation what so ever.

Now this, is LOL
Old 2010-08-19, 22:21   Link #17
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Agreed that this arc was flat, the whole family thing didn't get any resolution or explanation what so ever.

Now this, is LOL
Unlimited Fap Works?
Old 2010-08-19, 23:01   Link #18
masterwok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post

Now this, is LOL
I wonder if that's how she got the sexy hair lol.
Old 2010-08-19, 23:26   Link #19
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

This episode was spectacular, especially the ending (Haruka in a Santa Outfit is especially fan-service indeed )

I give it a 9/10

Seems like the endings always take to the time-limit of "Christmas Time" (never played the VN so wouldn't know myself.) Now we get a underclassman arc, with the "cute" yet "weird" voice I wonder if Miya will appear more since she is best friends with the new main character.
Old 2010-08-19, 23:55   Link #20
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post

I'm afraid she stole the show for me. Not only was her outfit awesome, but she thought nothing of it.
My exactly thoughts, that's was really awesome...( however i want more Hibiki as well i.i)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I would have preferred a conclusion like Haruka's, but Junichi definitely looked older on that beach. Still, there was no transition from the bedroom to the end.
Particularly i was already surprised that they even went to his room, i thought this arc (and the others too, and of course not anymore) would end at the confession, like Haruka, and i have to say i am disappointed that there isn't any time skip =/ that scene at the end was just the morning after, pay attention at Kaoru's clothes

PS: I can't wait for more too-much-clothes-senpai, from the op i thought she would be more shy, the type that don't even speak D= I'm really surprised that she was in the tea club
Closed Thread