AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-08-09, 14:14   Link #61
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
I don't think the current state is any better. Obsidian saw her in her true form too and considering he is now supposedly being interrogated the "being a demon" should by all logic get out. He has no incentive to keep it secret and since he can get away with lighter punishment (or even a reward) for fighting a demon it would be only good for him to rat her out.

And we all know the "we would get in trouble" wasn't Alto's motive there. And he even risked her life since there was a good chance Obsidian would take the opportunity and try to get her under control again (since he was fully capable to continue doing trouble).
They'll probably write off anything he says as madness stemming from what his serum did to him since they haven't seen demons in years...either that or he's too arrogant to admit that his attempt at controlling a demon backfired at him so spectacularly. Like how he struggled to process the fact that he couldn't control Vermeil.

I know it probably wasn't Alto's exact motivation, but it didn't hurt at all .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-09, 16:40   Link #62
Magewolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
They'll probably write off anything he says as madness stemming from what his serum did to him since they haven't seen demons in years...either that or he's too arrogant to admit that his attempt at controlling a demon backfired at him so spectacularly. Like how he struggled to process the fact that he couldn't control Vermeil.

I know it probably wasn't Alto's exact motivation, but it didn't hurt at all .
I am pretty sure the whole demon thing is out of the box now. Since the fight went on long enough for Chris to see Vermeil with horns floating in the air and Obsidian has every reason to scream it from the rafters.

So Alto managed to murder Vermeil (cut lifespan from infinite to a dew decades), let her secret out and gave anybody who wanted to control her an easy way to(threatening him). What a great guy.

Actually it is even worse than that. Before she always had the threat of going off on a world destroying rage if anything happened to him but now she does not even have that so he screwed himself as well. And I bet saving him actually weakened her so they are probably going to get pushed around by at least the student council for a while.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-09, 17:29   Link #63
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I am pretty sure the whole demon thing is out of the box now. Since the fight went on long enough for Chris to see Vermeil with horns floating in the air and Obsidian has every reason to scream it from the rafters.

So Alto managed to murder Vermeil (cut lifespan from infinite to a dew decades), let her secret out and gave anybody who wanted to control her an easy way to(threatening him). What a great guy.

Actually it is even worse than that. Before she always had the threat of going off on a world destroying rage if anything happened to him but now she does not even have that so he screwed himself as well. And I bet saving him actually weakened her so they are probably going to get pushed around by at least the student council for a while.
I guess the question is if Chris could recognize that Vermeil looked like a demon and whether Obsidian really would talk about it, or if anyone would even believe him. I guess we'll see what the student council does.

I don't think it's fair to say Alto "murdered" her, she chose to save him that way and she wouldn't want to live in a world without him anyways at this point.

I guess she's restrained in the sense that she can't pick a fight willy nilly if she feels it might threaten Alto, but it doesn't seem like she's gaining mana less or less strong with their new scenario.
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-09, 21:22   Link #64
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Spoiler for ep6:
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-10, 01:22   Link #65
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ I still think that it is actually Alto who is in the wrong and not Vermeil. She shouldn't have gone alone to meet the petty villain (and be careless with him), but that's her only wrongdoing. After getting drugged, chained, and promised a life of being a lab rat and slave it isn't unreasonable to want to get rid of the professor (especially as she didn't have her emotions exactly under control). Alto getting in her way at the last moment is fully responsible for getting gutted. It might be a bit different matter if she suddenly attacked Chris or him, but this way she did nothing wrong.
How can Alto getting hurt be his fault? Vermeil went on rampage because she made mistake and Alto got gutted because he tried stop her. Sure there isn't any pragmatic reason to save Obsidian, but he would have to confront her anyway.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-10, 17:22   Link #66
ssvb
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I am pretty sure the whole demon thing is out of the box now. Since the fight went on long enough for Chris to see Vermeil with horns floating in the air
Chris also witnessed the distorted form of the dinosaur guy. So it's not unreasonable for her to assume that Vermeil was also just a human under the influence of some drug or magic or whatever.
ssvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-10, 21:44   Link #67
Strahan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Ugh, I hate how anime MCs so often gotta be teeth achingly noble and even save twisted assholes like Obsidian. The end was cute though, Vermeil's flustered face lol. Also wearing just a shirt that hangs open in the front like she was is so much sexier than just running around naked.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-12, 13:27   Link #68
Fimbulvetr
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Austria
Age: 39
I know I have only myself to blame for starting to watch this but damn ep6 was a lot more awful than I could have feared when I picked this up. That was just painful to watch.
The "killing is bad!!1" part was bad enough but they had to top it with downgrading a quasi-immortal to a mortal.
Fimbulvetr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-15, 05:58   Link #69
Ghostfriendly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
This didn't actually seem very sexy for a fanservice anime. I like aggressive women with horns, but the animation didn't do Vermeil any favours. Too many shoulders-up, zoomed-in or facing away shots to effectively present her whole body, a cheap, squishy moeblob character design and one rather boring outfit. Many other anime display women's bodies and feelings much better than this. The supporting characters are decent; it's a welcome change for the demon's rival to be ineffectually repressing equal lust, rather than a pure virgin tsundere.

The main relationship isn't terrible either. Alto's new bond with Vermeil, and pseudo-confession, were effectively dramatic. I only hope falling in love with Alto doesn't translate to Vermeil becoming a submissive damsel in distress.

Apart from a reasonable conviction against killing, such as made Edward Elric one of the all time greats, Alto probably stopped Vermeil from killing for her sake, more than Obsidian's. If a demon capable of causing mass destruction kills anyone, it will be hard for anyone to trust them to stop. While a few students know about Vermeil's demonic nature now, they probably had to hit Obsidian with a memory charm or something; it would be hard to keep a secret without some measure like that.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-15, 09:14   Link #70
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
This didn't actually seem very sexy for a fanservice anime. I like aggressive women with horns, but the animation didn't do Vermeil any favours. Too many shoulders-up, zoomed-in or facing away shots to effectively present her whole body, a cheap, squishy moeblob character design and one rather boring outfit. Many other anime display women's bodies and feelings much better than this. The supporting characters are decent; it's a welcome change for the demon's rival to be ineffectually repressing equal lust, rather than a pure virgin tsundere.

The main relationship isn't terrible either. Alto's new bond with Vermeil, and pseudo-confession, were effectively dramatic. I only hope falling in love with Alto doesn't translate to Vermeil becoming a submissive damsel in distress.

Apart from a reasonable conviction against killing, such as made Edward Elric one of the all time greats, Alto probably stopped Vermeil from killing for her sake, more than Obsidian's. If a demon capable of causing mass destruction kills anyone, it will be hard for anyone to trust them to stop. While a few students know about Vermeil's demonic nature now, they probably had to hit Obsidian with a memory charm or something; it would be hard to keep a secret without some measure like that.
I like her cute face, exposed shoulders, and black dress .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-15, 11:58   Link #71
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
but the animation didn't do Vermeil any favours
It's safe to say that this anime has the lowest level of animation in the "Not the worst but still really bad" category.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-16, 09:30   Link #72
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
It's quite the sight watching Vermeil with her boobs hanging out and blushing like a maiden in love while she watches Alto sleep! And looking like she wants nothing more than to partake in the lips of the man she's grown to care so much for .

I guess I'm not surprised that the girls miss Obsidian (if only they knew better) but the boys missing their daily dose of Vermeil was priceless .

Lilia finally confronts Vermeil over being a demon...but honestly could care less, she's more interested in why she and Alto are acting so weird. It's kind of surreal seeing Vermeil so deferent to Lilia while Lilia is the one bluntly giving her emotional support, making Vermeil realize that she's fine the way she is and that as long as she and Alto care about each other, that's enough. Honestly I think this is the first time the two have genuinely come off as friends or close, in a love rival sort of way .

The only thing better than Vermeil's heartfelt plea to be with Alto and the pair becoming closer than ever is them passionately kissing each other !

It looks like we've finally met the real villains of the series, and the ones behind Obsidian, Platinum Squares Heliodor (who has a chest that could rival Vermeil) and Iolite (who seems so dangerous that his status was apparently revoked). Also Nobuhiko Okamoto is playing two villains on Tuesday's .

So is Vermeil moving on from her default virgin killer outfit to mark her character development and her growing bond with Alto? Trying to be less of a demon succubus and more of a normal girl who just wants to be with the guy they love? Although no matter what outfit she wears, be it a male outfit or the school uniform, they can't hold back her boobs and legs. And she definitely rocks the school uniform! I can understand why some boys miss her old outfit though .

I see Vermeil and Alto have really settled into being the kind of high school couple who loves passionately making out where no one can see them .

I guess it's not too surprising that the student council took Alto and Vermeil in for questioning...although learning Obsidian escaped from jail is pretty concerning. Although no more concerning for the student council than learning the truth about Alto and Vermeil, and lulling them into a false sense of security before threatening them into confessing Vermeil is a demon. The student council does not mess around .

But big respect to Alto for standing up for Vermeil and being willing to throw away his status and everything he has for Vermeil, and willing to fight the student council for her, although Elena takes Vermeil's demon status surprisingly well. I guess it helps that she knows the quickest way to deal with her is slicing Alto's head off (which she can probably easily do). And then she of course invites them into the student council .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-16, 11:49   Link #73
EroKing
Version Night
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wherever the fanservice is
Age: 36
Episode 7


Just fuck already.
__________________
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-16, 15:38   Link #74
grecefar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Blue Notes Blues
This anime went downhill pretty quickly.

I won't stay even for vermeil, that scene with the student coucil was stupid.

Drop.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-16, 17:59   Link #75
Magewolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
So I was mistaken about Obsidian because I did not consider about his "backers". Though I would have figured he would end up dead instead of escaped if I had. Everything else has already been shown to be right except for the weakening part since there was no fighting this week.

Also I think the student council president is nuts and if I had a demon familiar in her school the first thing I would do is arrange for her to have an "accident" for the world's good.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-16, 18:53   Link #76
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
So I was mistaken about Obsidian because I did not consider about his "backers". Though I would have figured he would end up dead instead of escaped if I had. Everything else has already been shown to be right except for the weakening part since there was no fighting this week.

Also I think the student council president is nuts and if I had a demon familiar in her school the first thing I would do is arrange for her to have an "accident" for the world's good.
I don't trust Elena. Honestly I feel like she could end up being the final boss .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-16, 22:02   Link #77
Firefly00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
So I was mistaken about Obsidian because I did not consider about his "backers". Though I would have figured he would end up dead instead of escaped if I had.
After all, said 'backers' would want to tie up loose ends. And if he did give any hints as to the identity of said backers... has anyone considered the possibility that he was engaging in a bit of misdirection?

Quote:
Also I think the student council president is nuts and if I had a demon familiar in her school the first thing I would do is arrange for her to have an "accident" for the world's good.
Yep, someone willing to walk right into a classroom and threaten what is pretty much cold-blooded murder would be a good candidate for an 'accident' (or some other mysterious happening; there's a scene from You Only Live Twice involving a thread and a viscous fluid which comes readily to mind). If she's willing to do that once, the possibility of 'again' has to be seriously considered. Also, Elena was awfully confident that the link would lead to Vermeil's instant and quiet death - for all she knows, the effect could have just enough of an delay for an enraged Vermeil to rip and tear. Or be accompanied by an uncontrolled energy discharge... remember that one device that part of the kit of a certain group of interstellar big-game hunters...?
__________________
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
Arc Nova
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-17, 15:01   Link #78
Magewolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
After all, said 'backers' would want to tie up loose ends. And if he did give any hints as to the identity of said backers... has anyone considered the possibility that he was engaging in a bit of misdirection?


Yep, someone willing to walk right into a classroom and threaten what is pretty much cold-blooded murder would be a good candidate for an 'accident' (or some other mysterious happening; there's a scene from You Only Live Twice involving a thread and a viscous fluid which comes readily to mind). If she's willing to do that once, the possibility of 'again' has to be seriously considered. Also, Elena was awfully confident that the link would lead to Vermeil's instant and quiet death - for all she knows, the effect could have just enough of an delay for an enraged Vermeil to rip and tear. Or be accompanied by an uncontrolled energy discharge... remember that one device that part of the kit of a certain group of interstellar big-game hunters...?
Especially since it has already been shown that you do not need lungs or a heart to walk around and talk for several minutes in this world.

God that episode was so bad. And it would have been so easy to do it better. Just have Alto figure out what was going on as soon as he showed up and then get to work breaking Vermeil free. Have Obsidian go nuts and backstab Alto when his control is broken. Vermeil would then be busy building Alto a new chest while Obsidian powers up and have Chris show up just in time to cut off their chance to kill Obsidian without witnesses. No stupidity needed, just some arrogance on Vermeil's part.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-18, 11:32   Link #79
Rasty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Especially since it has already been shown that you do not need lungs or a heart to walk around and talk for several minutes in this world.

God that episode was so bad. And it would have been so easy to do it better. Just have Alto figure out what was going on as soon as he showed up and then get to work breaking Vermeil free. Have Obsidian go nuts and backstab Alto when his control is broken. Vermeil would then be busy building Alto a new chest while Obsidian powers up and have Chris show up just in time to cut off their chance to kill Obsidian without witnesses. No stupidity needed, just some arrogance on Vermeil's part.
Or just have Vermeil actually go nuts and attack Alto/pink when she spots them after smashing away Obsidian. It would also give a good reason for Vermeil to feel guilty and be willing to share her heart. You could even do a nice hug at the point where she impales him with a few heartwarming moments between them while everyone thinks Obsidian is out cold.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-19, 18:50   Link #80
Strahan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Jesus, I can't believe she went in that uniform lol. Better to just wear the original dress until they go shopping. I'd tell the council president to go f* right off with her invitation. Jumping right to the nuclear option (threatening to slit Alto's throat) without even trying to have a conversation first wouldn't make me particularly fond of them.

Also what is it with anime and student councils? The thought of a group of students having higher authority than faculty seems insane, yet almost every anime with a SC seems to follow that idea. In the schools I went to, SC membership was definitely not a respected thing to strive for. If anything, it was a source of derision lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.