AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-07-26, 16:24   Link #461
marvelB

Geez, I was so busy these past few days that I didn't notice the chapter came out earlier! Anyway, yeah, I definitely agree it's cool to see that Guila kept her demon powers from NNT, even if they came up short against Jericho this chapter. And speaking of Jericho, it indeed seems like she wasn't brainwashed into joining Arthur. I suppose one reason she joined him could be because he blackmailed her into it.... like he threatened to kill everyone she holds dear if she didn't become a Chaos knight. I suppose the spurned lover theory could hold true as well, but..... eh, I dunno. Hopefully, we'll get the full story soon, if not next chapter.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-31, 04:16   Link #462
WingedAccelerator

The new chapter is out.

Fuck.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-31, 06:57   Link #463
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Pff hahahahaha. This is the worst reason I could have thought of. Nakaba hates Jericho, doesn't he?
Old 2022-07-31, 07:23   Link #464
WingedAccelerator

Not even Galandcula came to be, as the used name will be Melagaland. Sadness through and through.
Old 2022-08-01, 05:07   Link #465
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Lancelot love life sure has weird tags

Araa araa + shotacon + yandere with Jericho.

Ntr + cheating with Guinevere.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-01, 06:51   Link #466
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So is Jericho's mission over? She killed that guy and I assumed he was the double agent she was sent there to retrieve or silence if she couldn't do that.

The reactions to her being a shotacon are really funny. I've been joking since the special Lancelot chapter that she was grooming him but I didn't think it would actually happen. Technically, grooming isn't what happened, but it's close enough. Ironically, if she had acted upon her feelings, perhaps it would have worked out. During the Guinevere chapters, it sounded like Lancelot had special feelings for her too, even if he's all "you're family" now. Maybe this will end with him taking both Jericho and Guinevere as his wives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluc View Post
Lancelot love life sure has weird tags

Araa araa + shotacon + yandere with Jericho.

Ntr + cheating with Guinevere.
Can add loli to Guinevere.
Old 2022-08-01, 09:29   Link #467
marvelB

Wow, I did have some inkling of Jericho's motives being something like this, but.... still, damn. Geez, what's with Ban's family and their predilections for the little ones?! Well, at least Jericho admitted to being ashamed of her feelings toward her former student.... not that it really helps much by now, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Maybe this will end with him taking both Jericho and Guinevere as his wives.
I dunno... at this point, I'm kinda leaning towards Jericho getting killed off, after all. Like maybe she betrays Arthur at the last minute and sacrifices herself to save Lancelot's life. 'Cuz even if she DOES leave Arthur and survive, I'm not so sure she'd want to pursue a public relationship with Lance. At the very least, I doubt she'd have Arthur create that oh-so-ideal world for her if that were the case....
Old 2022-08-01, 10:05   Link #468
henshinagogobaby

The amount of people losing their minds over Jericho and her feelings for Lancelot is insane. (Reddit especially going bonkers lol)

Honestly, I feel sorry for Jericho. The woman just CANNOT win at love. In my honest opinion, SHE should have been Ban's new love interest and wife. She's certainly a LOT more interesting than Elaine. It would have been her well deserved reward at finally winning Ban's heart and would have also been phenomenal, PHENOMENAL character development for Ban too, since he would have to learn to let go of his past love and move forward with his life.

Plus it helps that Jericho doesn't LOOK like a damn 12 year old, which Nakaba could easily solve if you simply have Elaine aged up to have an adult body like her BROTHER, King. But NOOOOO, Nakaba and Japan's need to push shotacon and lolicon romance and treat it as a kinky, positive fetish. (Ban and Elaine, Meliodas and Liz, Merlin and Meliodas, Lancelot and Guinevere, etc.) And yeah, I know its a fiction, and its a medieval setting with fantasy sprinkled in and customs were different during that time period, and its romances that involve fairies, demons and angels with colossal age gaps. Doesn't make it any less disturbing.

This whole thing could have been fixed if the author simply had it as Jericho still pining for Ban instead of Lancelot. A world where SHE, not Elaine, is Ban's lover. It would have been a blow to her character development since she FINALLY got over her unrequited feelings for Ban but that would be considered minor compared to the MAJOR blow to her character overall by turning her into a pedo, pining for a CHILD that she helped raise along with the parents. (At least in her fantasy world, Lancelot has been "aged" up to be an adult and is taller than Jericho, so we're not treated to an uncomfortable page of Jericho and Lancelot making googling eyes at each other, while Lancelot is still a 10 year old. Gotta have SOME standards.)

And how rich that Jericho noticed how disturbing this whole situation is and that she went out of her way to avoid acting on those feelings by leaving Lancelot. The author is making her take the "high road" (which she's failing since she is now fighting for her personal made up world) yet Nakaba allows for the other shotacon/lolicon romances to happen and readers are supposed to just go "okay, fine, I guess". I'm surprised that Lancelot himself doesn't have any romantic feelings for his teacher. They were trapped three years TOGETHER in another dimension. Did Lancelot not experience puberty during that time? Being that close to an attractive woman like Jericho does NOTHING for him? But I guess its just fate's way of kicking Jericho down again, since Arthurian legend has Lancelot and Guinevere as lovers so THEY have to be lovers here too.

Anyone can die. It's living that requires courage.

You will not touch these innocent people with even one inch of your dirty blades, if you require an opponent, I will fight you. If you wanna taste the ground, feel free to attack me.
-Rurouni Kenshin

Last edited by henshinagogobaby; 2022-08-01 at 13:38.
henshinagogobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-01, 18:41   Link #469
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by henshinagogobaby View Post
Honestly, I feel sorry for Jericho. The woman just CANNOT win at love. In my honest opinion, SHE should have been Ban's new love interest and wife. She's certainly a LOT more interesting than Elaine. It would have been her well deserved reward at finally winning Ban's heart and would have also been phenomenal, PHENOMENAL character development for Ban too, since he would have to learn to let go of his past love and move forward with his life.
Ban and Elaine's romance has always been ridiculous, not because Elaine looked like a kid, but because they had spent all of 7 days together in their entire life before Elaine was killed.

Nakaba has apparently always been into pedo stuff, I've seen a collage from one of his older manga (no idea which ones) where older women kept seducing shotas. He's got that fetish, ok. Oneeshota is actually pretty hot in my book. What doesn't sit well with me is that he basically assassinated Jericho's character. This is a woman who engendered her own life to save Elaine's despite Elaine attempting to kill her earlier. She learned to become a selfless person after the first arc.

Now? She as good as killed her best friend just because she wants to live in a fantasy world with her new love. That makes zero sense. Lancelot being aged up in her fantasy makes zero sense either. If she isn't actually a pedo and didn't mind him being older she only had to wait a few years before making a move on him.

Although it would feel like a cop-out, I really hope Nakaba will pull out the "Arthur brainwashed her" card later on.
Old 2022-08-15, 04:19   Link #470
WingedAccelerator

The new chapter is out.

But before that, what are the chances Jericho actually used a suicide move last chapter? Before I saw a comment in somewhere else, I never considered it. But given Lancelot's rage at the end with the editorial text, it could be a possibility. That would be even lamer than what we got.

Anyways, Donny was awesome, but Gawain is out of the count. Time for Lancelot to come back or Percival's Death aspect will be the key to take down Melagaland.
Old 2022-08-15, 11:39   Link #471
marvelB

Whoa, was not expecting Donnie to be the MVP this chapter! I definitely dig it, though! Perhaps Nasciens and Anne will add their own contributions to this battle, as well? Can't just rely on the Apocaknights to handle everything, right?
Old 2022-08-15, 18:35   Link #472
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was surprised that Gawain fainted because she exhausted her magic power since I don't remember her using a lot of big attacks and Escanor never ran out as far as I recall. Master of the sun? Pff, she's 10 years too early to say that.

Regarding Jericho, no way she killed herself. The thought never even crossed my mind.
Old 2022-08-16, 11:14   Link #473
AP24

Saw omake of Vol 8. It seems Nasciens is
Spoiler for Nasciens:
AP24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-16, 17:56   Link #474
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Saw omake of Vol 8. It seems Nasciens is
Spoiler for Nasciens:
Didn't expect it to be confirmed in an omake. It's been a long standing theory.
Old 2022-08-17, 03:23   Link #475
WingedAccelerator

It's indeed weird this got confirmed in an omake. Unless it's a bait and the issue is something else. From Anne's magic, we know Naciens is hiding something, but whether it's his real gender or something else on his body, is remain to be seen.

He could be shy and all, but I don't get the issue why would he hide that he is a girl in reality if that's really the case. By the way, I expect Gawain, assuming she continues flirting with girls to gave a hint too.
Old 2022-08-18, 13:25   Link #476
marvelB

Hmm, I'm not 100% certain that this is confirmation of Nasciens being a girl.... I think it's more likely that Suzuki is just messing with us readers. I mean, it's true he noted that he intentionally designed the character to be androgynous so the readers couldn't tell his true gender, but.... I dunno. Personally, I'm more partial to the idea that he's hiding a huge package under that trenchcoat, if you catch my drift.
Old 2022-08-23, 13:04   Link #477
marvelB

Now for a bump! The next chapter's out, but there's no full translation yet, unfortunately:

Spoiler for 74:
Old 2022-08-23, 18:06   Link #478
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 74:
Old 2022-08-26, 11:42   Link #479
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I agree about Gawain's boobs even in her smaller form. I was worried she'd be another full-on loli but thankfully she's at least an oppai loli.

I do wonder if Isolde will try to attack Percy again when there's a chance.
Old 2022-08-30, 12:32   Link #480
marvelB

Next chapter's raw is here:

Spoiler for 75: