AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-11-03, 20:45   Link #41
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I sure hope any presence of Loki and Heimdall is extremely limited. I think there is enough going on in Age of Ultron as it is. I know that Loki has been the only real Marvel villain that has stood out, but he doesn't really need to keep showing up outside of the Thor movies. Hopefully just a small cameo that shows Thor heading off to Earth.
The way I see it, I can imagine Ultron being such a threat that it escaped into outer-space at the end.
Old 2014-11-03, 21:24   Link #42
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
I sure hope any presence of Loki and Heimdall is extremely limited. I think there is enough going on in Age of Ultron as it is. I know that Loki has been the only real Marvel villain that has stood out, but he doesn't really need to keep showing up outside of the Thor movies. Hopefully just a small cameo that shows Thor heading off to Earth.
Loki is confirmed for Infinity War Part 1 & 2, as well.

Loki appearing most likely has to do with the vision Wanda/Scarlet Witch shows Thor as from that AoU leaked cutscene. Since Ragnarok is the big movie for Phase 3 it probably has to do with that, too. It'll be brief, but Thor might find out about Loki from Wanda's visions.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 23:08   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The way I see it, I can imagine Ultron being such a threat that it escaped into outer-space at the end.
That I could get behind. After all be nice to have another excellent villain (long as Ultron turns out as good as he is looking) to turn to in later films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Loki is confirmed for Infinity War Part 1 & 2, as well.

Loki appearing most likely has to do with the vision Wanda/Scarlet Witch shows Thor as from that AoU leaked cutscene. Since Ragnarok is the big movie for Phase 3 it probably has to do with that, too. It'll be brief, but Thor might find out about Loki from Wanda's visions.
Yeah, if they do that right I don't see an issue with it. Loki's connection to the Infinity War makes sense since Asgard does have an infinity stone and he has that connection to Thanos.

In this case it could be purely flashback/visions which would still require the actors actually showing up for filming .
Old 2014-11-03, 23:13   Link #44
GDB

Yeah, since there's no telling whether he'll still be alive by the time Infinity War starts, given Ragnarok and all.

But let's not kid ourselves, they aren't going to kill off Hiddleston. He's probably more popular than any other Marvel movie actor bar Robert Downey Jr., and even then he might be pressing for first place.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 23:49   Link #45
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Since a Dr. Strange movie is coming up, and Marvel got rights back for Blade and Ghost Rider, I'd like to see a Midnight Sons movie!
It'd be the occult counterpart franchise to Avengers.
Old 2014-11-03, 23:52   Link #46
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Wow... that is a TON of movies coming out. Then again, it also shows something I find absolutely hysterical and ironic- back in I'm assuming the 70's and 80's, anyone who would be interested in these comic books had the title of 'loser nerd' (if I'm remembering my stereotypes right). And now, look who's in charge of Hollywood...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 00:08   Link #47
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, since there's no telling whether he'll still be alive by the time Infinity War starts, given Ragnarok and all.

But let's not kid ourselves, they aren't going to kill off Hiddleston. He's probably more popular than any other Marvel movie actor bar Robert Downey Jr., and even then he might be pressing for first place.
He'll probably have some "heroic" role in IW. I believe he'll learn from his mistakes in Ragnarok and further develop his character.

But yeah, he brings in the tumblr money. It makes sense though. Ragnarok is such a big event for Phase 3 and IW, so Loki would end up being a part of it since Thor is.
Old 2014-11-04, 00:15   Link #48
BPD Renegade

Could be a flashback or vision, but there's also a possibility it'll be one of those after credit scenes that tie into the next movies. Regardless, it's highly doubtful Heimdall or Loki will play a big role in the film.

I'm kind of curious as to whether we have a good chance of seeing Asgardia. The Journey into Mystery series helmed by Kieron Gillen was pretty fun, but like you guys said, they might not want to get rid of Hiddleston. I for one would not mind some Kid Loki wit at his expense.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 00:31   Link #49
Frontier

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I can't be the only one hoping for Red Skull and Abomination to come back, am I ?

I think the Avengers are likely to stop Ultron, somehow, by the end of the movie even if by that point they're pretty much broken as a team and a new Avengers roster has to re-form from the ashes. Ultron can always come back in another Avengers movie through either a backup he secretly created or some other convoluted method. He is an AI after all .

But yeah, I think the ever-present universal threat after Age of Ultron will likely just remain Thanos just so there aren't any loose-ends or more big villains to tangle with for Infinity War. Not to mention there are still other Avengers villains that they can pull from the comics for future Avenger movies...

Loki has an Infinity Stone, the Infinity Gauntlet, and lost the Mind Stone that Thanos gave him with likely purpose of getting the Space Stone (Tesseract) with. I think it's a good bet that Loki is bound a visit by the Mad Titan so that he can collect what's due him. Whether that means Loki survives Ragnarok and appears in Infinity War to deliver the goods to Thanos, though I think it's likely Thor will as well, or it's a flashback detailing how Thanos managed to obtain them.
Old 2014-11-04, 00:39   Link #50
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Here's the cutscene I was talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Dcj09MIuY

Where they talk about the Maximoff kids showing Thor something and he's gone to look for answers. She showed everyone something. Given it's Scarlet Witch, it's probably not a flashback. But it's the link to Ragnarok. I'm guessing Loki will appear in After credits too though.

And yeah, given Thor: Ragnarok being such a significant movie, not only Ragnarok itself, but the Infinity Gauntlet and Tesseract are still on Asgard so that just about confirms Thanos appearance. Probably linked to starting Ragnarok, too.
Old 2014-11-04, 01:22   Link #51
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Is there anyone already tied to be the lead in the Strange movie? Last I heard they were going for Joaquin Phoenix, and well, he does not look like Strange in the slightest, I get that they can't resucitate Vincent Price, but they could at least choose someone who looks the part
Old 2014-11-04, 01:44   Link #52
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

It is right now Benedict Cumberbatch in the rumors. Phoenix left apparently.
Old 2014-11-05, 13:05   Link #53
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Behind the scenes footage of Ant-Man and Age of Ultron from TV Show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePN9DPh543s
Old 2014-11-05, 13:08   Link #54
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

That looks interesting.
Old 2014-11-07, 13:35   Link #55
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

YellowJacket!!
Old 2015-01-07, 11:57   Link #56
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well i just watched the 2 hour premiere of Agent Carter.
Very exciting show with the 1940's vibe.
Old 2015-01-07, 12:01   Link #57
GDB

It's okay. I was expecting something more akin to the founding the SHIELD rather than a corporate espionage story. Though they're likely setting up the Serpent Society.
Old 2015-01-11, 16:08   Link #58
Zhenjin
Criminal Coefficent 400

This is what Marvel reminds me of with all of these releases.

But anyway, I watched the Agent Carter premier and it was alright. I haven't watched the Agents of Shield though because from what I've heard it's not that great. Is it worth watching though?
Zhenjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 16:22   Link #59
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhenjin View Post
I haven't watched the Agents of Shield though because from what I've heard it's not that great. Is it worth watching though?
I think Agents of Shield is worth watching, but my taste in entertainment may be different than yours. If you can, you should just check it out and see for yourself. You can always drop it if you don't feel like continuing.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 17:01   Link #60
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhenjin View Post
But anyway, I watched the Agent Carter premier and it was alright. I haven't watched the Agents of Shield though because from what I've heard it's not that great. Is it worth watching though?
SHIELD was okay until after the Thor 2 mini-crossover. After that, it started firing on all cylinders and was REALLY good.

Tags
marvel cinematic universe