AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-08-18, 01:06   Link #1381
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

I try to be positive but even I'm at my limit on this whole mess.
Old 2022-08-18, 06:55   Link #1382
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Reminder that the Heeters and Monaito were Toriyama's ideas. And they're without a doubt the worst thing about this arc.

I also wouldn't be surprised if

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2022-08-18, 09:49   Link #1383
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

It was Toriyama idea but the execution is from Toyotaro.

He still take the largest plate of blame, regardless.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-19, 04:44   Link #1384
B214

Well both didn't do a good job then i suppose.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-19, 10:40   Link #1385
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

I like Frieza's new form, but I wish it had be introduced in a better way
Old 2022-08-19, 11:25   Link #1386
SidVicious
Anime addict

Freeza looks cool.
Now I'm curious about the next arc with the way Whis talked in the end.
Old 2022-08-19, 13:14   Link #1387
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
Freeza looks cool.
Now I'm curious about the next arc with the way Whis talked in the end.
Gohan maybe??
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-19, 15:41   Link #1388
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
Gohan maybe??
It has to be, right?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-19, 17:15   Link #1389
n0m@n
C-Z

I hope it is Gohan. Super Hero plot should take place after Granolah arc so it should be....

But the two arcs (Moro and Granolah) were dull. I hope the next arc would be good. The plot which has been covered by the movie mostly gets skipped (Resurrection of F and Broly) or skimmed very fast (Battle of Gods) so Super Hero would be skipped as well.
Old 2022-08-19, 17:25   Link #1390
GDB

I feel like the entire point of these past two arcs was to try to canonize that Goku didn't actually get the most broken ability ever during the Tournament of Power. And then this arc was to say that he didn't master said totally not broken ability in the Moro arc. He still sucks and is a jobber just like you liked in DBZ, guys!

Also he has a stand now. You like Jojo, right?
Old 2022-08-19, 17:51   Link #1391
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Gotta love Frieza still take a chance for job recruitment.

Frieze : Hey you two work for me although i had just murdered some of your family
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-19, 17:58   Link #1392
GDB

To be fair, they already worked for him. He just cut out their middle-man brother.
Old 2022-08-19, 18:20   Link #1393
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Whis doesn't know who the strongest in the Universe the Oracle Fish foresaw is. He assumed it was Gas, and was surprised that the fish didn't know him. Incidentally, that part didn't make sense since he was shown monitoring Granolah after the prophecy was told. Why would he monitor some literally who? Anyway, his point was that a strong warrior could rise up at any time and thus Frieza isn't the only reason they should keep up their training.

The strongest in the Universe is Frieza by an extremely large margin. He fodderized everyone. I just wonder if he's gotten stronger than Beerus, or if the latter will forever remain a moving goalpost.

This is the second arc in a row when even newly introduced good guys don't die. Monaito was brought back almost as soon as he died, for no reason.
Old 2022-08-19, 20:13   Link #1394
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluc View Post
Gotta love Frieza still take a chance for job recruitment.

Frieze : Hey you two work for me although i had just murdered some of your family
I mean he had Vegeta and Nappa working for him after wiping out their planet, so that's par the course for Frieza. At least he was a lot more direct this time.
Old 2022-08-20, 13:48   Link #1395
justavisitor

Back in the days of DBZ:
Oh no, the evil guy is the strongest!! We got to do something or we are doomed!!

Now:
Oh no, the evil guy is the strongest!! We will catch up....eventually!! For now, there is nothing to worry about!!

I suspect one of the reasons Freeza did not finish the two off is that they are Beerus's buddies...The manga mentions the Freeza is looking for something, perhaps he is trying to find a way to make him stand a chance against Beerus??

Beerus and Whis are dragging down this series. Nothing serious can happen until those two are beaten. Right now Beerus is probably still miles ahead of Freeza, and this is becoming a joke XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-20, 13:52   Link #1396
GDB

I have to imagine this is the peak of Frieza's power though. Like, he went from below SSJ1 tier to about Blue tier after... what was it, 4 months of training? He's now had 10 years, and he's probably only around Blanco level, or a mastered/ascended form of Ultra Ego/Omen Instinct tier.
Old 2022-08-20, 14:04   Link #1397
justavisitor

This is dragonball and the peak doesn't exist. The level that the characters can achieve is always what they witness +1. This kind of makes sense because they are not supposed to be able to imagine the power level they haven't witnessed (That 4 month to SSB level is 100% plot)

So even if Freeza trains for 10 years, the last power level he witnesses is MUI, so it will be a level beyond MUI.

Which means, Goku can probably catch up in the next arc XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-20, 18:52   Link #1398
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I have to imagine this is the peak of Frieza's power though. Like, he went from below SSJ1 tier to about Blue tier after... what was it, 4 months of training? He's now had 10 years, and he's probably only around Blanco level, or a mastered/ascended form of Ultra Ego/Omen Instinct tier.
He beat both UI Goku (who performed much better against Gas in this form than in his MUI form) and UE Vegeta with a single punch, and it didn't feel like he was trying either.

Something actually neat I saw mentioned: after Granolah became the strongest in the Universe, he tried looking for Frieza's ki and couldn't find him. Turns out it wasn't because his sensory skills were lacking but because Frieza wasn't anywhere to be found.
Old 2022-08-22, 09:44   Link #1399
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, that bit with Granolah not being able to find Frieza when trying to search for his ki is pretty neat, as it means Toyotaro may have planned this out ahead of time. It may not completely fix how badly it was executed, but it's something.

And yeah, I also think Frieza only trained to become stronger than the strongest level he saw of Goku, as in MUI. Though in that case, one has to wonder why it took him ten years to reach that level given how fast his growth is implied to be (taking 4 months of training to reach a level above SSJ Blue).
Old 2022-08-22, 18:31   Link #1400
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
And yeah, I also think Frieza only trained to become stronger than the strongest level he saw of Goku, as in MUI. Though in that case, one has to wonder why it took him ten years to reach that level given how fast his growth is implied to be (taking 4 months of training to reach a level above SSJ Blue).
Frieza has neither a training partner nor a teacher.

Just look at Vegeta. It took him seven years of instense training in a 300x gravity room to reach SSJ 2 (and there are actually still people debating to this day he only unlocked the form once he fell under Babidi's control). A few months under Whis and he went from SSJ2 to SSB, an entire new realm of power.

Frieza getting to SSB level in 4 months was total bullshit in the first place. Though not quite as bullshit as 17 being God level just from fighting poachers.

Tags
donkan mc