AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-08-18, 19:03   Link #101
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I didn't think Haruhime's new spell would just be an upgrade of her one spell, but it's certainly a very useful upgrade.

Bell of course came back just in the nick of time to save everyone. He had little trouble against the powered up Moss Huge now that he's adjusted to his new level. I'm a bit confused about the knife. Welf said it can't be imbued with magic, but Bell does just that anyway. Did I miss something or was this meant to show us once again how special Bell is? It's a shame the OP spoiled that moment for us anime onlies. It was still pretty cool.
Hestia's Knife is made of Mythril and that can conduct magic. He casts Firebolt into the Minotaur with it in the first season to blow it up from the inside out.
Old 2022-08-18, 19:57   Link #102
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
yeah argo vesta was cool and all but it somewhat felt an underwhelming ending for the moss monster that it was a real pain all these chapters, at least use some slow motion or something, he went off too quickly.

so after this, bell is level 5 now?
No, he is just stronger than a level 5 as a level 4.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-18, 20:31   Link #103
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Bell's Ult has an insane dmg multiplier. Was happy to see a resolution, as I was getting tired of the monster's shtick. It seems it was being underestimated till the very end. As soon as it was established it was as crafty as a fellow adventurer they should have dealt with it as so.
I'm not disappointed boosted Aisha couldn't beat it. She had been fighting the monster swarm and the monster has a str boost to match her main stat. Whereas Bell seem to have had a speed upgrade, a better match up for sure.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-19, 00:14   Link #104
HandofFate

wow, that was nice budget on Argo Vesta.
Probably the closest the anime has gotten to the great scene in S1 against the minotaur.

With the feat against the birds and this moss monster, I feel bell's stats has to be like triple S now or something.

Haruhime's new spell seems like a multiplier, but since the Level Boost is her only other skill, that's still only what she can do.

If she can actually learn a nuke spell that can only usually be cast once for a normal mage, she should be able to copy that nuke spell and cast it 5 times when normally it be a one time cast deal.
Old 2022-08-19, 03:15   Link #105
GDB

They showed his stats at the start of episode 1. He literally JUST leveled up, his stats are all F or H or whatever the lowest is. He just has a lot of stats from previous levels.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-19, 06:25   Link #106
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I didn't think Haruhime's new spell would just be an upgrade of her one spell, but it's certainly a very useful upgrade.

Bell of course came back just in the nick of time to save everyone. He had little trouble against the powered up Moss Huge now that he's adjusted to his new level. I'm a bit confused about the knife. Welf said it can't be imbued with magic, but Bell does just that anyway. Did I miss something or was this meant to show us once again how special Bell is? It's a shame the OP spoiled that moment for us anime onlies. It was still pretty cool.
I was also confused. I thought maybe the knife was special?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-19, 08:12   Link #107
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Hestia's Knife is made of Mythril and that can conduct magic. He casts Firebolt into the Minotaur with it in the first season to blow it up from the inside out.
But what did Welf mean? It's his words that are confusing me.
Old 2022-08-19, 08:24   Link #108
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
The impression I got from her new spell is that it's not an upgrade of her old one but something that's meant to be used with another spell to make it happen five times (more if she eventually masters it) but since she only has level boost it was used to cast level boost to five targets instead of just one.

So if later on she learns something like say a powerful beam that can only be fired once at a time she can use this spell to fire five beams at once.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-19, 09:58   Link #109
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I was also confused. I thought maybe the knife was special?
Quote:
I thought it was that the knife couldn't contain any magic placed within it so it inevitably has to discharge it, like in an attack.
Old 2022-08-19, 10:00   Link #110
Twi

Quote:
Take this as speculation on my part, but it's likely because Firebolt isn't meant to be contained, but rather shot out. Rather than that happening, the spell clung to the blade like an Enhancement Spell rather than how it was supposed to be used.

So, probably your first assessment in that it's protagonist BS.
Old 2022-08-19, 10:59   Link #111
Frontier

>Mermaid Girl Declares Her Love For the MC

>Refuses to Elaborate Further

>Dives Away

Basically Marie's exit from this arc .
Old 2022-08-19, 20:57   Link #112
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Bell come blazing in to the fight his firebolt are become ridiculously strong

Well Haruhime now can boost 5 people now but it dose seem to have some drawbacks
Old 2022-08-19, 21:12   Link #113
Alchemist007
*Author

Is there a reason the fire sword guy didn't use his fire attack the first encounter?
Old 2022-08-19, 21:20   Link #114
HandofFate

I think they didn't know it was weak to fire in the first encounter.
and later, he was trying to wait for the right time since those magic swords can break whenever after its used.
Old 2022-08-20, 07:48   Link #115
demonicslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Take this as speculation on my part, but it's likely because Firebolt isn't meant to be contained, but rather shot out. Rather than that happening, the spell clung to the blade like an Enhancement Spell rather than how it was supposed to be used.
I agree. It was shown to be blazing out of the knife. So, my thought was the fire was trying to disperse out of the knife. But with the charging from Argonaut skill, the fire that was still in the sword got amplified further and it was contained in the knife or perhaps the firebolt was amplified far more than what was dispersed or lost.

Not sure if the spell would stay in the knife if he did not charge with argonaut. Perhaps it might have disperse and quickly lose its magic.
demonicslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-21, 12:58   Link #116
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Is there a reason the fire sword guy didn't use his fire attack the first encounter?
Magic weapons are one use items and expensive. In the first encounter the group didn't know how powerful the Moss Huge was and it left after infecting Chigusa.
Old 2022-08-21, 17:04   Link #117
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm not sure what happened at the end with that attack. But it worked and looked cool so I'll run with it . And while Bell basically has to win the fight by himself, at least the other characters did get to do things before that point. No matter how powerful he's gotten, if the cast couldn't keep themselves alive until he got there then he wouldn't be able to save them.

And cute moment by the mermaid girl. Gave her cute farewell and off she goes .
Old 2022-08-25, 09:32   Link #118
Frontier

The party have finally made it to a safe zone, and it's the perfect time for them to rest, relax, and take stock before they continue on the next step of their journey .

A new Denatus of the Gods has arrived, and Hestia is there with her God Pals to help ensure her Children don't get embarrassing nicknames again! Because that's the only thing of note that really happens at these things. At least Ganesha keeps things lively .

"Ignis" seems like a fine enough name for Welf...I loved seeing Hephaistos shaking next to Hestia though .

Freya! And she's not even hiding how hot and bothered Bell makes her, to the point that she wants him named her husband! And she doesn't appreciate anyone else trying out their nicknames on her beloved Bell either .

And then Loki turns it into basically a comedy game of embarrassing nicknames for Bell...but at least Hestia manages to settle on something decent. From "Little Rookie" to "Rabbit's Foot." Fits quite well .

Luvis and Dormul are adventurers and know the dangers that come with it, so they're not going to bemoan what happened to them, instead they're going to look to the future, get some prosthetics, and thank Bell and Lili for all they did for them .

It's all well and good for Lili to spy on Bell with the rest of their party when it's just him giving Ouka and Chigusa emotional support, but then he gets dragged around by some other ladies and used as a coupon or so other girls can steal the lines she was hoping to use on Bell when they were alone...tough break, Lili .

Poor Cassandra...people still write off her "Clairvoyance." Although the next episode is named after it, so maybe not as much, potentially ?

I thought Aisha was the only wingwoman in Haruhime's corner, but Mikoto's making sure Bell knows how awesome Haruhime was! And Haruhime is quick to gush over Bell as well and how awesome she thinks he is! It's pretty cute .

Yeah, probably for the best Bell doesn't mention the mermaid girl who fell for him and helped him in earshot of two other love interests .

Poor Lili...drunk Welf drags Bell away, her chance to tell Bell his new name gets stolen, and then a drunk Aisha is practically forcing herself on him. But at least she has a handy dandy smokescreen to use to help them get away .

Things didn't go as Lili planned, but she still got her alone time with Bell and got to re-affirm that he's still the same Bell, still the same man she loves who has saved her over and over, and they get to have a nice talk through the night together .

Ryu's left, Syr is worried...and it looks like she's torturing and murdering people? Has Ryu gone back to her vigilante ways? What could this all mean ?
Old 2022-08-25, 18:17   Link #119
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Glad we got to see Hestia, even if that was fairly short and most of the episode focused on Lili. Freya outright attempting to get Bell named her husband was hilarious. Hestia and everyone else probably just thought it was meant as a joke, little do they know she was completely serious.

After this brief respite, the plot resumes with Ryu apparently torturing and murdering someone. Bell believes she'd never go that but... she totally would.
Old 2022-08-25, 20:58   Link #120
Estzero1

After this the correct timeline is in place again. It's been a while since reading Vol.12, so I'am not sure how much of this was actually in the novel or if they just used it for a little recap and filling gaps from before. Nevertheless, it's time to enter the best stuff danmachi has to offer yet.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote