AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-16, 09:31   Link #21
Kakkou
Tch.

The direction and delivery of the humour is what elevated the script and excellent voice work of the previous season to make it work as well as it did then, both of which are sorely lacking in this premiere. I'd have settled for a drama CD if all I needed were the VAs performances.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-16, 14:43   Link #22
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I mean, even if the animations is different, I'd say the character writing and comedy is still on-point, and I think those are important too...
Agreed, the tone of the show is still the same. If it hadn't been for the change in animation style I'd hardly be able to tell there had been a 9 year gap. Well for me there wasn't since I watched episode 1 right after finishing the first season for the first time.
Old 2022-07-16, 15:27   Link #23
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
The direction and delivery of the humour is what elevated the script and excellent voice work of the previous season to make it work as well as it did then, both of which are sorely lacking in this premiere. I'd have settled for a drama CD if all I needed were the VAs performances.
I don't think it's exactly the same but it feels similar enough to me.
Old 2022-07-16, 19:27   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
The VA performances were way more motivated than the animation of them shouting

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 10:22   Link #25
zztop

Quick FYI that Hatarakuís author is now writing a new LN series, Dracula Yakin/Late-Night Shift Dracula. Currently 5 volumes are out. https://dengekibunko.jp/product/dora...106001056.html

Itís an urban fantasy series about a vampire who works the titular late-night shift at a Tokyo convenience store, and the androphobic lady exorcist from Europe who ends up crossing paths with him.

Thereís also a manga adaptation of this too, but unfortunately it only covers LN Vol 1; likely meant as a short promo for the novels.
https://mangadex.org/title/6aa2db55-.../dracula-yakin
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 10:41   Link #26
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Quick FYI that Hatarakuís author is now writing a new LN series, Dracula Yakin/Late-Night Shift Dracula. Currently 5 volumes are out. https://dengekibunko.jp/product/dora...106001056.html

Itís an urban fantasy series about a vampire who works the titular late-night shift at a Tokyo convenience store, and the androphobic lady exorcist from Europe who ends up crossing paths with him.

Thereís also a manga adaptation of this too, but unfortunately it only covers LN Vol 1; likely meant as a short promo for the novels.
https://mangadex.org/title/6aa2db55-.../dracula-yakin
Really feels like a spiritual successor .

(Although the leads seem to be explicitly holding hands so it doesn't seem like they're replicating Maou and Emi's relationship...)
Old 2022-07-19, 14:15   Link #27
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm going to say that no matter how funny they thought having Ashiya explaining how to do laundry was...they really could have cut that out.
They dedicated almost an entire episode last season to explaining how a specific Japanese scam worked and how to prevent it, the series has always focused on the mundane aspects of life in Japan IMO.

Anyway, once upon a time there was a story about a certain goddess who wanted to ... spice things up at a party so she threw a golden apple with the words "for the fairest" inscribed on it and let 3 other goddesses fight over it. Makes me wonder if they're referencing that story when they decided to make the baby look like a golden apple after appearing out of that portal
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-21, 10:00   Link #28
Frontier

Everyone looking at Emi immediately to start mothering Alas Ramus, and even she can't resist her adorable crying and snot-filled face pressed against her .

It's nice to know that Suzuno had some wholesome moments with kids in between assassinating people for the church .

I guess it figures that the group weren't properly prepared to take care of a baby, especially with the unconventional situation with mama and papa to where they can't naturally be there for the baby...Ashiya may be one of the greatest househusbands, but even he wasn't ready for a baby .

Chiho is more than happy to help them take care of Alas Ramus, both because she actually has some experience taking care of a baby, likes to be helpful, and because she's using it as prep for the child she and Maou will have that's a glimmer in her eye .

Rika! It's nice to see her again and get her perspective on the crazy relationship dynamics of Emi and Maou's relationship and how they keep getting stuck together. Hard to get around having a kid .

I don't know what's better, Miss Sasaki proving she's good with kids and giving out some very useful life advice to Maou and Chi or Sariel losing it with seeing her holding a baby. Also just a casual reminder that Natsuki Hanae still voices a bit character at MgRonald's .

Alas Ramsus won't budge when it comes to mama and papa taking her out for fun at an amusement park. The outing his Chiho's approval (although she still ends up following them, because of course she does), but Emi's the one who is getting flustered and self-conscious about basically going on a date with Maou and wanting to get all dolled up and look cute for it. Purely for the sake of appearance and not because she's imagining herself as Maou's wife, no sir .

Emerada! And Emerada thigh and legs !

Dullahan 2 now has a child seat! Also it looks like that white-haired woman is watching Maou .

So now we've got three people following the family's amusement park date and providing the color commentary we desperately need. Also Emi looked really nice in her date outfit .

I guess no major franchise can go on too long without Takehito Koyasu popping up, and here his leading soldiers through a Gate and off to find something to restore a Tree of Life. I'm guessing they're the antagonists of this season .
Old 2022-07-21, 13:11   Link #29
Tenzen12

Yeah, it doesn't really work and it seems to be fairly rushed as well. It's shame but it's what it is...
Old 2022-07-21, 13:57   Link #30
zeross87

really ? i thought this second episode was a lot better than the first one. the pace was good, some minor thing got skiped but the important part are there. there was no timewaste on any non-original material lame joke either. the only part that still bother me it's that the art is very poor at time while great at other times, it's weird.

all in all i'm pretty happy with ep 2 and it's a step in the correct direction for this second season.

Quote:
Wasn’t there Emilia that said the earth of a human is part angel par demon in s1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Pretty sure she didn't.
hey sorry for the very late reply to this, i didn't see your post. i was reffering to this part that happen just after the event at the mall in the very begining of the story when emi spend the night at rika's place.

https://imgur.com/a/R3btfd2

i'm pretty sur i have seen this animated.

Last edited by zeross87; 2022-07-21 at 14:11.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-21, 14:22   Link #31
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
really ? i thought this second episode was a lot better than the first one. the pace was good, some minor thing got skiped but the important part are there. there was no timewaste on any non-original material lame joke either. the only part that still bother me it's that the art is very poor at time while great at other times, it's weird.

all in all i'm pretty happy with ep 2 and it's a step in the correct direction for this second season.

Those "minor parts here and there" are what makes this arc work. It's literally arc of Maou, Emi and Alas Ramus becoming family. That needs slower build up. 6 episodes per volume like 1 season had would ideal, but this goes for 4 per arc and half of 1st episode was already wasted.

Quote:
hey sorry for the very late reply to this, i didn't see your post. i was reffering to this part that happen just after the event at the mall in the very begining of the story when emi spend the night at rika's place.

https://imgur.com/a/R3btfd2

i'm pretty sur i have seen this animated.

Oh, I misunderstood you because of typo. If you meant "hearts of humans are source of both holly and demon magic" instead "human of Earth are some kind of demon x angel hybrid", then yes, Emi indeed said so.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2022-07-21 at 14:38.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-21, 18:09   Link #32
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Good thing Chiho and Suzuno are there. Alas Ramus would have probably been in trouble without those two. Emi hasn't really been doing anything motherly.
Old 2022-07-21, 20:57   Link #33
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well 3 men an a baby living in one tiny apartment

So Chiho going for the gold
Old 2022-07-22, 09:52   Link #34
Random14

That's better, back to the main plot. (Not that I'm against the humor or them dealing with normal life, but last week's filler recap didn't feel that funny).

Its nice to have Rika and even Suzuno providing more of an outsider perspective for them, to advise and support them. And Alas Ramus, aside from being really adorable, also helps unite the group as a neutral and mysterious figure.

She's obviously not a normal baby, but still kind of nice for the gang to try to adjust to her presence in their lives, and still love Ashiya's zingers (like her being better behaved than their freeloader, who is ordering out at the end of the episode).

I hope the impromptu family can get to enjoy some time at the amusement park with all the figures following them (and more soon to arrive).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-23, 08:04   Link #35
Dark Wing

Did people really forget that each story arc in previous season always started with slice of life comedy hijinks with hints of the overall plot sprinkled in?
Old 2022-07-23, 08:57   Link #36
zeross87

yes but it was actually funny and i think that's all because the it was from the original material. the author can think of funny slice of life while the anime-original slice of life is boring and eyes rolling.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-28, 10:10   Link #37
Frontier

Maou and Emi can't help but come off like a genuine parent and couple together with Alas Ramus, no matter how much of a tsundere Emi acts about it, and Maou really seems to enjoy playing a dad. Although the only person who cares for it is Rika...sorry Chiho and Ashiya .

Emi thinks she has another thing to rub it in Maou's face regarding Demons and Maou's former forces...but are humans so better? Demons are more complicated than you'd think .

Ashiya looks like he's aged 10 years seeing all the expenses his master is racking up .

I guess tokusatsu stage shows are a staple of these kind of outings...actually, those ninja Sentai suits and choreography looked pretty good .

Turns out that woman who has been following them around is voiced by Kikuko Inoue, and she's well-aware of the situation and how to take care of Alas Ramus. And she also has a history with Maou .

Maou's origin story! Dead clan, dead parents, and having to live as a weak child in a dog eat dog world of demons...only to be saved by an angel who took pity on him, taught him, and set him on the path to becoming the Demon Lord. It's definitely not what Emi was expecting, particularly that an angel is what set in motion probably the worst thing that could have happened to Ente Isla .

And Maou is Alas Ramus' "dad" in the sense that the angel gave him the seed of the sephiroth that he planted and raised until he left, and she's finally sprouted into Alas Ramus. The bad news is the angels' want her back .

The only thing to rival Emi, Maou, and Alas Ramus' family photo is Rika and Ashiya taking an awkward couple photo. But for as confident and outgoing a woman as Rika is, she's becoming more and more flustered around Ashiya as she seems to be falling hard for him, especially the closer she gets to him and when she sees that couple photo again. She totally bought it !

So Takehito Koyasu is playing the angel Gabriel who not only wants Alas Ramus back and is holding Suzuno and Urushihara hostage...but he even ate their pizza! What a scoundrel! Although he offered to pay for it, and he tries to act like a chill guy, but he seems like he's willing to use any methods to grab Alas ramus. And it seems like he's done something to the rest of the sephiroth seeds .

Chiho may be kicking herself for tailing the couple out of jealous (although to be honest, it felt very on-point for her), but at least her heartfelt pleas were able to make Gabriel feel bad enough to give them until the next morning. And now Emi is going to end this day by really selling this family vibe by sleeping over .
Old 2022-07-28, 11:07   Link #38
EroKing
Version Night

Old 2022-07-28, 15:45   Link #39
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
That is just so cute.
Old 2022-07-28, 17:51   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So Alas Ramus thinks of Maou as her father because he planted the seed the Angel gave him. Which means the Angel is the mom, so why does Alas Ramus mistake Emi for her mother? Probably because Angel mommy is actually Emi's mom too. And that would technically make Maou Emi's stepdad