AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-08-02, 11:16   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1057 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

[MOD Edit]Here's the new thread! [/MOD Edit]

Sorry for being late, guys! Anyway, spoiler's been out for a few days now, courtesy of AP's Redon and co.:

-Chapter title is "Conclusion". In the ministory, Caesar uses his poison gas on the Charlotte commanders!

-Throughout the chapter, the new teacher of Wano's youth recaps the final battle in the form of an epic poem. Meanwhile, as Momo makes his way to the port with Kinemon and Yamato, the latter tells them she already said her farewells to Luffy, and decided to stay in Wano for now. First, she wants to further emulate her idol Oden by traveling the country first, then she'll set out to sea afterwards. Momo then has a series of brief flashbacks of his journey with Luffy as he nears the port.

-At the port in question, Law tells Luffy that the next time they meet, they'll be enemies. However, our rubber friend is just fine with that. It's at that moment that Momo's gang appears, and board the Sunny. But, as soon as Momo confronts Luffy.... he gets emotional, begging him to stay. Luffy tells Momo that despite his faults, he thinks of him as a little brother.. And so... he had Usopp prepare a little gift for him, which turns out to be the Straw-Hats' flag! He continues to tell the young shogun to raise that flag, to serve as a warning to any future troublemakers. He's also more than willing to accept Momo, Kinemon, and Yamato to his crew once they decide to become pirates, but for now.... this is farewell. As the pirates finally set off, Momo vows to surpass his father one day (which Yamato mistakenly believe applies to her, heh).

-As the pirates set out to sea, Kid teases both Luffy and Law's crews for deciding to take the safe path out of Wano.... which naturally provokes the two of them. As the pirates take the dangerous path back to sea, the teacher continues his tale, bringing up the downfall of Kaidou, Big Mom, and Orochi. As the story concludes, Momo thinks of a suitable place to raise the flag. And thus, Act Three has finally come to its conclusion.... as well as the Wano arc.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2022-08-18 at 12:38.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-12, 18:20   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoilers for the next chapter are out.

Ooooooooooooooooooooh boy.
Old 2022-08-12, 19:27   Link #3
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoilers for the next chapter are out.

Ooooooooooooooooooooh boy.
Just saw them myself and boy oh boy and I thought this thing between certain users here was very particular...seems like said discussions are gonna get more acts than Wano did in general.
Old 2022-08-12, 20:04   Link #4
Void

Welp...

Spoiler:
Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-12, 20:27   Link #5
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

For once, I'm at a loss for words...

marvelb, we need a new thread ASAP!!
Old 2022-08-13, 06:58   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
For once, I'm at a loss for words...

marvelb, we need a new thread ASAP!!
He hasn't logged in since last week, he might be on vacation.

No mods logged in at the moment, if one of you sees one, try asking them to create a thread. We need to discuss this!
Old 2022-08-14, 03:58   Link #7
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
No mods logged in at the moment, if one of you sees one, try asking them to create a thread. We need to discuss this!
NEW THREAD!

Spoilers
Spoiler for Chapter 1057 Spoilers
Old 2022-08-14, 04:59   Link #8
Void

Quote:
He hasn't logged in since last week, he might be on vacation.

Eh, I would rather not. It's better to wait for the full release IMO. I mean, I'm willing to discuss anything as long as we are civil, but at the same time I also know this will only draw in more toxicity, so...

I think I will avoid this thread for the most part
Old 2022-08-14, 06:38   Link #9
grecefar

Oh I'm pretry sure there will be some meltdown in others forums but this is one of the most civil and safe forums that I've been.

About the chapter, nothing important lost I didn't care that much if she joined or not, if she was then she needed to drop the oden gimmick, that's all I wanted.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-14, 06:50   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
NEW THREAD!

Spoilers
My bad feeling from last week turned out to be right, sadly. I'm waiting to find out why she decided to stay when she was so eager to sail but I guess I'm probably not too far off and it has to do with not leaving Wano defenseless. I don't see what else could have suddenly changed her mind.

I'm not sure I'd call it a Jimbe situation. Seems likely she'll come back at the same time as Momo and Kinemon on Pluton, so after Luffy has reached Laugh Tale. She'll be part of the Grand Fleet rather than an actual Straw-hat. Of course, this is just speculation until we get more substantial spoilers.
Old 2022-08-14, 08:59   Link #11
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I guess we need to wait for more detailed spoilers to be certain but:

Spoilers
Old 2022-08-14, 09:23   Link #12
Void

Quote:
My bad feeling from last week turned out to be right, sadly. I'm waiting to find out why she decided to stay when she was so eager to sail but I guess I'm probably not too far off and it has to do with not leaving Wano defenseless. I don't see what else could have suddenly changed her mind.

I'm not sure I'd call it a Jimbe situation. Seems likely she'll come back at the same time as Momo and Kinemon on Pluton, so after Luffy has reached Laugh Tale. She'll be part of the Grand Fleet rather than an actual Straw-hat. Of course, this is just speculation until we get more substantial spoilers.
What's there that is difficult to understand? I think is pretty simple, actually.

Spoiler for spoiler:

This also shows that Oda is consistent with his settings. Yamato who had been enslaved since her childhood days constantly reiterated her dream to start her own journey.
Old 2022-08-14, 11:22   Link #13
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Plus there's the whole point of... what position does she actually fill?

Sure, Luffy can just make something up as he wants, but all other positions are still somewhat logical or at the very least serve an actual purpose to the story. Let's be honest: Yamato would've been 100% pure fanservice. Heck, she's not even as strong as the Monster Trio, and the details about the journey to Laugh Tale were ripped out (as a plot device, of course). Brooks and Robin are arguably the only two who don't have a "real" position, but at least Robin did training with the Revolutionary Army- and of course, she reads the Poneglyphs which are important story-wise. As for Brooks... I'm pretty sure Luffy claimed he needed a musician and then they ran into him.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-14, 14:30   Link #14
Hoodspirit

It was the right decision to reduce the character count, though it doesn't give us back the wasted chapters. We're 120 chapters away from the last one. maybe 20-40 more if he adds another half or one year.

That's is roughly the size of Wano (148 chapters) on the higher end.
But we'll have more characters to flesh out (marines(Imu+vegapunk)+ Blackbeard), more lore to discover (void century, devil fruits, third ancient weapon) than ever. Get the revolutionary army involved, and of course the setup.

After how Wano and its characters turned out, I don't have much confidence in a satisfying sprint towards the end. Not sure how you guys feel about it. ALso was the Yonko saga worth the 10 years Oda spent on it?
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-14, 15:11   Link #15
Gerard07

Seen the spoilers; in the end Yamato will not join (for now) the crew, the 3 captains separate and Wano is officially under the protection of the Mugiwara, to wait for the chapter for more details.
Gerard07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-14, 18:09   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
What's there that is difficult to understand? I think is pretty simple, actually.

Spoiler for spoiler:

This also shows that Oda is consistent with his settings. Yamato who had been enslaved since her childhood days constantly reiterated her dream to start her own journey.
Except Yamato had been expressing her desire to join and go out to sea immediately until now. She always talked about leaving Wano, never once about traveling the country. When she talked about Oden, it was always about his adventures at sea or his glorious death.
Old 2022-08-15, 02:49   Link #17
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Plus there's the whole point of... what position does she actually fill?
Zoro is technically just a combatant. Luffy could formally promote him to vice-captain and have Yamato as a combatant. There's lots of potential solutions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Heck, she's not even as strong as the Monster Trio
Yamato's strength is definitely comparable to Zoro and Sanji. Remember the whole 1v1 with Kaido.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
We're 120 chapters away from the last one. maybe 20-40 more if he adds another half or one year.
I think its naive to take Oda at face value regarding the number of years left in the series. There's way too much to cover in just 3 years unless Oda suddenly becomes a ruthlessly efficient storyteller. He needs 5 years minimum to complete things satisfactorily. I'm hoping he does another 300 chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
ALso was the Yonko saga worth the 10 years Oda spent on it?
Still need to wait for the full details of this chapter as well as a couple of follow-up chapters which might include some other stuff I'm anticipating.

But the verdict right now is: some parts YES, some parts NO.

Last edited by OH&S; 2022-08-15 at 06:16. Reason: cleaning
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-15, 11:22   Link #18
marvelB

Hey guys, real sorry I didn't catch the spoiler earlier! I've been super busy IRL over the last week, unfortunately. Anyway, a hearty thanks to the mods for making the new thread in my stead. I've also added the summary (which will of course be updated once more info's out).

Anyhoo.... I'm sort of not surprised that Yamato still isn't a member yet. Like I said in the past, she gave me more of a Vivi vibe than a permanent member vibe.... which is kinda ironic now considering Vivi's current situation. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised to see her show up again at a later point. As to how much later, I can't say. I guess after Luffy and co. finally learn the truth behind One Piece, I guess. Really, more than anything, I'm just interested in seeing where the crew goes from here.... part of me really wants to say Elbaf, but the story could go any direction (both figuratively and literally) at this point, I'd say....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-15, 14:05   Link #19
Rainbowman

Yamato doing the Jinbe route in joining. I wonder if this will be a pattern with other would be members? 🤔
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-15, 16:00   Link #20
Gerard07

Since Yamato will be staying in Wano (for the time being), maybe she will end up in Kuri as the new Daimyo? , the other thing, are there spoilers for Carrot? (on whether she will really become the new leader of Mink or will she hide in the Sunny again XD), maybe some of them would like the topic but at least I think it would be good if there was another woman in the crew.
Gerard07 is online now   Reply With Quote