AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-05-03, 14:21   Link #81
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I can't decide who gets more comments and stares from bystanders, Yuuya or Chizuru from Rental Girlfriend.
The purse robber who is voice-cast by the author gets more comments and stares.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-08, 12:42   Link #82
Frontier

Dang, if you thought Yuuya was OP, this Sage guy is even above that! He almost ascended to Godhood before refusing and then basically taking himself out because he was so powerful. And then he had enough magic to carry on a conversation in his book and give Yuuya magic. Guess Yuuya might get close to his level if he keeps this up .

The moment Yuuya got magic, I was half-expecting him to unleash a Fire Bolt for old times' sake .

Is that Akio Ohtsuka as the king? He definitely...does not appreciate the idea of Lexia getting hitched to Yuuya to the point of trashing his own throne room. I guess we know where Lexia gets her free-spirited nature from .

Two episodes in one Monday dealing with high school students going to camp? What are the odds .

It's nice to see Yuuya in a team with Kaede, Akira, and one Rin Kanzaki voiced by none other than Mai Nakahara! She seems like quite the lively girl. Will she join Yuuya's Harem? Wouldn't surprise me at this point .

I thought Kaede would make it a shopping trip for two to get all of Yuuya's camping gear, but it turns into a group outing, complete with Kaori! Although it goes from camping to Yuuya showing off his OP crane game skills to get all his friends stuff. It's the subtle perks you really enjoy .

Dang, we missed out on watching the girls shopping trip !

Well, it's not Yuuya foiling a crime but it is Yuuya using his magic to brave a disaster to save three girls in one (he even saved Kaori's gift!) so I'll take it .

So we've got Kazuhiko Inoue as the Diety of Kicks, who is also a rabbit, battling a young nihlistic white-haired girl voiced by Rina Hidaka (another Matsuoka girl!) out to destroy the world. Wasn't there an assassination plot concerning Lexia going on? Or a modeling agency hunting down Yuuya ?
Old 2023-05-08, 14:38   Link #83
Huh...?

The lack of Animators and Background Designers is understandable in this Series.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-08, 15:01   Link #84
Rasty

^ Yeah, but by this point, the animation is not lacking, there is just none. It's 100% still pictures with just sprites sliding in, some lip flaps, and once in a while blinking eyes.

Also, what is the shopping center made from, cardboard? The fire spread in like 10s over the whole floor, sprinklers decided to take a vacation in Hawaii, and apparently, emergency exits are too far in the tech tree for the shopping center.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-08, 17:42   Link #85
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ Yeah, but by this point, the animation is not lacking, there is just none. It's 100% still pictures with just sprites sliding in, some lip flaps, and once in a while blinking eyes.
It's almost bizarre. The show looks good, even the CG is not completely terrible, it just... falls apart whenever movement more complicated than a walk has to happen.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-08, 22:08   Link #86
Alchemist007
*Author

Feels somewhat appropriate for what the show is .
Old 2023-05-09, 00:46   Link #87
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
They're really going to have this boy save/rescue someone in every episode aren't they...
Old 2023-05-09, 01:57   Link #88
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
It's almost bizarre. The show looks good, even the CG is not completely terrible, it just... falls apart whenever movement more complicated than a walk has to happen.
Agreed. It's like the production team have only so much resources and animator skill to ensure the character forms and settings look good and stay on model, but not enough to actually animate movement for fear the whole production will collapse into an off-model, stiffly moving mess.

Which is why I can now in hindsight respect how the Ningen Fushin anime was handled. They likely had the same resource limits, but committed themselves to putting actual animation into it even if the quality turnout would be rough and stiff.

Last edited by zztop; 2023-05-09 at 02:31.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-09, 15:18   Link #89
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Also, what is the shopping center made from, cardboard? The fire spread in like 10s over the whole floor, sprinklers decided to take a vacation in Hawaii, and apparently, emergency exits are too far in the tech tree for the shopping center.
And in addition, of the hundreds, maybe thousands of people in that shopping center, only three people failed to evacuate. And they weren't aged, disabled or anything. Just three, perfectly healthy teenagers.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-09, 15:39   Link #90
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
They're really going to have this boy save/rescue someone in every episode aren't they...
Almost always involving Kaori, in fact .
Old 2023-05-10, 01:06   Link #91
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Almost always involving Kaori, in fact .
Clearly she just needs to stop leaving her house.
Old 2023-05-10, 01:08   Link #92
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

All the money went into hiring the voice actors. None left for the animators.

Also, I was hoping that the first magic Yuuya made was a fireboltfireball. Sort of a seiyuu joke but alas.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-10, 09:14   Link #93
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
All the money went into hiring the voice actors. None left for the animators.

Also, I was hoping that the first magic Yuuya made was a fireboltfireball. Sort of a seiyuu joke but alas.
This has a lot in common with the Fruit of Evolution...fat and bullied kid gets transformed into an OP hunk, gains a harem, a bunch of random storylines and sub-plots, and a top-tier voice cast...although season 2 of said show had wayyy better animation by comparison .
Old 2023-05-10, 11:23   Link #94
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
This has a lot in common with the Fruit of Evolution...fat and bullied kid gets transformed into an OP hunk, gains a harem, a bunch of random storylines and sub-plots, and a top-tier voice cast...although season 2 of said show had wayyy better animation by comparison .
Same author.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-10, 11:36   Link #95
Greenish Growth

Yeah, this anime reminds me of that adult anime studio where their artwork is closer to the original source, but it comes at the expense of having very limited animation.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-13, 00:55   Link #96
Strahan

Christ this show is starting to give me headaches, lol. Yuuya has to be perfect at everything... even crane games? Give me a break. It also makes me nuts that he goes home and starts to read the magic book and it tells him to first try to feel the magic... and he accomplishes that in 10 seconds. Can't the writer have at least made magic something he has to actually work for? Spend a few months in study and practice to acquire it. But no, we have him go from zero experience yesterday to wrapping himself in water/air today.

On the bright side, at least we finally got an episode where nobody was stopped, staring in amazement at his godly form as he walked down the street

It's like there is nothing he can't do perfectly immediately? I'm surprised we haven't had a scene yet where he ties his shoes and passers-by are like HOLY GOD, did you see how he did that?? The elegance! (faints) lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-13, 03:11   Link #97
Tenzen12

So far this show isn't all that good, but are you seriously complaining about Yuuja being superhuman and being able use magic after could-be-god gave him his own ability to use it?
Old 2023-05-14, 19:12   Link #98
Strahan

Of course. All he got was a magic circuit, it's not like it downloaded the knowledge of exactly how to use magic into his brain. As evidenced by the fact he had to read the book to learn how to proceed.

I suppose complaining about it is pointless, since as we've seen throughout the show he's basically perfect at everything so I should just expect it as a given but it doesn't make it any less bullshit.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-15, 04:28   Link #99
magnuskn

And that is why I bailed after episode three. There's wish fulfillment and then there's wish fulfillment overload.
Old 2023-05-15, 07:36   Link #100
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Of course. All he got was a magic circuit, it's not like it downloaded the knowledge of exactly how to use magic into his brain. As evidenced by the fact he had to read the book to learn how to proceed.

I suppose complaining about it is pointless, since as we've seen throughout the show he's basically perfect at everything so I should just expect it as a given but it doesn't make it any less bullshit.
Magical circuits of God like being is "all he got" of course he should be bad at magic...

Sarcasm aside. Playing premise of being perfect in everything straight is bad in itself. Explanation why he is that way is solid though.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, isekai