AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-09-28, 14:00   Link #3021
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
I don't get it. What's so great bout Shana? I find her really annoying.

Don't wanna start a fight here, I'm just curious about what her 'charms' are, if you mind telling me.. at least your opinion.

Anyway, it's Shana vs Horo & Hina vs Fate. You can still vote for Hina, and then go for Shana later, if they end up going against each other.
To me she is one of the best developed tsunderes out there, starts off really mean and aggressive not just to the male lead but to everyone she approached, and as time passes by she slowly starts to soften up to everyone, by the end of season 2 she had people she could call friends, and she has others who would care for her, she wasnt alone anymore. In contrast with tsunderes like Hinagiku, she is usually in "tsun" mode by default, and then turns "dere" (extreme hnnnnnnnnng follows)...where Hina is usually in "dere" mode, but then turns tsun at others for being idiots lol

Not to mention she has A LOT of moments where she can be EXTREMELY cute (to a level that Hinagiku could never even wish for IMO). But yeah thats pretty much it, also add the fact that she can ALSO be a kickass character while fighting and using her flames, and you have yourself a moe and GAR machine in 1.

But im getting off topic here now.....this is Hayate no Gotoku! so in this world my #1 is Athena
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 14:11   Link #3022
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Spoiler for <3:
huh?! who's this Rena thing? she want to bring A-Tan home?! heh! Over my Dead Body you little orange-haired-bug!!
(pump my shotgun and aimed it to that little creature)

Dumb Hayate!, Maria is skirtless and he didn't do anything he supposed to attack her and have a fun, just think it as a training to face big A-Tan will you

Rape!Rape! and Away! (Superman style )
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 14:20   Link #3023
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
To me she is one of the best developed tsunderes out there, starts off really mean and aggressive not just to the male lead but to everyone she approached, and as time passes by she slowly starts to soften up to everyone, by the end of season 2 she had people she could call friends, and she has others who would care for her, she wasnt alone anymore. In contrast with tsunderes like Hinagiku, she is usually in "tsun" mode by default, and then turns "dere" (extreme hnnnnnnnnng follows)...where Hina is usually in "dere" mode, but then turns tsun at others for being idiots lol

Not to mention she has A LOT of moments where she can be EXTREMELY cute (to a level that Hinagiku could never even wish for IMO). But yeah thats pretty much it, also add the fact that she can ALSO be a kickass character while fighting and using her flames, and you have yourself a moe and GAR machine in 1.

But im getting off topic here now.....this is Hayate no Gotoku! so in this world my #1 is Athena

Oh, I see. Basically you really like tsunderes. Plus she has that "GAR" you mentioned, since she's a badass Flame Haze that looks really cool with her hair, um, well... burning, I guess... haha.

The things I find annoying are mostly the melon bread & triple urusai attack (lol).

I think that I dislike it mostly because of that Yuji guy (the show, I mean). He's ultra annoying, and needs to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
huh?! who's this Rena thing? she want to bring A-Tan home?! heh! Over my Dead Body you little orange-haired-bug!!
(pump my shotgun and aimed it to that little creature)

She's from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, and besides taking you home, she's psycho. Well, that's because of certain reasons, so it's not for long...

Quote:
Dumb Hayate!, Maria is skirtless and he didn't do anything he supposed to attack her and have a fun, just think it as a training to face big A-Tan will you

Rape!Rape! and Away! (Superman style )

Lol, Whut? I think you just got every Maria fan on your ass.

R.I.P. *mourns*
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 14:32   Link #3024
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
The things I find annoying are mostly the melon bread & triple urusai attack (lol).

I think that I dislike it mostly because of that Yuji guy (the show, I mean). He's ultra annoying, and needs to die.
Well to each their own i guess (I find both extremely cute)
Oh and Yuji is a pussy for most of the series, but he is also slowly starting to turn into quite a badass himself (novel spoilers, lets pray season 3 animates it well)

btw HOW COME I HAVENT SEEN ANY MORE SCANS OF 242 YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-09-28, 15:26   Link #3025
Rah

Well, later in the novel...

Not sure how far you read, but if I'm not wrong, he....

He just needs to die. Seriously. Nothing else to add.

Anyway, nuff derailing the thread for one day. Even though we don't have anything better to talk about. Ah, a few more days for the raw, and the new spoilers... I wanna see the entire Hina x Miki bath scene. Perhaps it continues till the next chapter? Hhmhmhmhm
Old 2009-09-28, 15:57   Link #3026
Used Can

Man, I fell for the "new chapter" post. This is the "raw" thread mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
There's a lack of evidence to say that she actually did "let go" of Hayate. Although, I will say that to me it seems like Hayate and Athena are similar in their feelings with each other in that they both have always had lingering thoughts about each other (I'm sure that if Hata knew that this series would still be alive and well this late into the game, he would've mentioned Athena more), so I can't agree with the thought that Athena ever let go of Hayate. Primarily because we also don't know what exactly she was doing for the 10 or so years that had passed since this story started. So she may have been too bogged down by her curse or w/e to try and find Hayate.
Machina did say Athena didn't look upset until she met Hayate. So, I think it is a fair supposition that she had nothing to do with him during those 10 years.

Athena, so far, has shown no yandere trait. She's shown no obsession, nor has she shown murderous jealousy. She doesn't seem to be crazy like Nanoha or Rena either.
Old 2009-09-28, 16:01   Link #3027
surerman
Banned

Quote:
She's from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, and besides taking you home, she's psycho. Well, that's because of certain reasons, so it's not for long...
Phsyco Little girl... meh! too little to become one of my human skin carpet
may be she can be my tea pot decoration for living room after Im free again

Quote:
Lol, Whut? I think you just got every Maria fan on your ass.

R.I.P. *mourns*
They did?, where?!
*staring to a bunch of my punch's victim corpse*
........no one still alive here even the mouse is dead from wild bullet

Say Rah-bro...are you ever punch some sandbag or ragdoll? how is it feel?, heavy?, may be yours a good quality one, since mine (my 6th sandbag after get rid some pest for Watcher Officer) blowoff just yesterday with a few punch of mine
ck!really! are they fill it with balloon just to raise profit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Pettan! Pettan! Tsurupettan!
Quote:
Pettan Pettan Mochipettan
??? How come it turn to Mochi? Mochi is soft and pettan is....hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
So, does it belong to Nagi or Kotetsu?
Nagi is under developed girl so pettan title is not for her just like Isumi (handsoap girl! LOL), Kotetsu is a Gay and he isn't have any breast from the beginning, may Hata kill Kotetsu
(I like to kill Gay, they always curl up like armadilo after killed, very funny )

that Pettan word only for Hinagiku, the smallest breast owner girl in HnG-verse when she supposed to have some meat ball on her chest
............see? Used bro? now they (Hina-fans) stare at me for explained whom that "pettan" word belong to... that's why I told you to not start a new war in page 143

Last edited by surerman; 2009-09-28 at 16:27.
Old 2009-09-28, 16:50   Link #3028
Rah

Thread derailing commencing!! HURRRR!!

Quote:
Phsyco Little girl... meh! too little to become one of my human skin carpet
may be she can be my tea pot decoration for living room after Im free again
You should watch Higurashi in your free time.

Spoiler for Rena is love <3:

Quote:
They did?, where?!
*staring to a bunch of my punch's victim corpse*
........no one still alive here even the mouse is dead from wild bullet

Say Rah-bro...are you ever punch some sandbag or ragdoll? how is it feel?, heavy?, may be yours a good quality one, since mine (my 6th sandbag after get rid some pest for Watcher Officer) blowoff just yesterday with a few punch of mine
ck!really! are they fill it with balloon just to raise profit?
I don't practice such, umm.. "activities".

So basically, you're some kind of thug or murderer? How's it like to live like that, and how did anime become a hobby with such a lifestyle?

Quote:
??? How come it turn to Mochi? Mochi is soft and pettan is....hard

Nagi is under developed girl so pettan title is not for her just like Isumi (handsoap girl! LOL), Kotetsu is a Gay and he isn't have any breast from the beginning, may Hata kill Kotetsu
(I like to kill Gay, they always curl up like armadilo after killed, very funny )

that Pettan word only for Hinagiku, the smallest breast owner girl in HnG-verse when she supposed to have some meat ball on her chest
............see? Used bro? now they (Hina-fans) stare at me for explained whom that "pettan" word belong to... that's why I told you to not start a new war in page 143
Here you goooo~~~

Last edited by Rah; 2009-09-28 at 17:02. Reason: so forgetful... *sigh*
Old 2009-09-28, 17:15   Link #3029
Opace
~Lies evolves into Truth~

Send a message via MSN to Opace
Quote:

Ever seen/read Zero no Tsukaima? A better developed tsundere and even more cute when placed in that situation.

Quote:
Oh, I see. Basically you really like tsunderes. Plus she has that "GAR" you mentioned, since she's a badass Flame Haze that looks really cool with her hair, um, well... burning, I guess... haha.

Most people dislike the show now for either 3 reasons: Sakai Yuji, Yoshida Kazumi and the very slow pace set in the first half of season 2. And the Melon bread + Urusaix3 is not annoying, it's just too cute. ;D

---

Back to topic.

I haven't heard Maria fans talk a lot here? To any Maria fans, what makes Maria your favourite heroine? Is it because of the maturity she shows (be it voice, action or just generally), how flustered she can get around Hayate, or savouring that moment when Maria is angry but puts up that smiling face.
Opace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 17:33   Link #3030
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opace View Post
Ever seen/read Zero no Tsukaima? A better developed tsundere and even more cute when placed in that situation.

Most people dislike the show now for either 3 reasons: Sakai Yuji, Yoshida Kazumi and the very slow pace set in the first half of season 2. And the Melon bread + Urusaix3 is not annoying, it's just too cute. ;D
Louise is a sort of reverse tsundere, though. She's always violent, and even when alone with Saito she doesn't change much. I think she has a rather big fear of separation, or betrayal. No matter how many times Saito reaffirms his feelings... oh, well...

Quote:
Back to topic.

I haven't heard Maria fans talk a lot here? To any Maria fans, what makes Maria your favourite heroine? Is it because of the maturity she shows (be it voice, action or just generally), how flustered she can get around Hayate, or savouring that moment when Maria is angry but puts up that smiling face.

I think most fans are just into the whole maid thing. She doesn't appear all that mature to me. Well, comparing her with some other characters, she is more reserved and all, but I think she's just hiding her inexperience with that certain type of relationships, and otherwise she's always on the job, thus she can't just relax, or, well, perhaps... "be herself"?

Eh, dunno.. just throwing rocks in the dark here.
Old 2009-09-28, 18:05   Link #3031
Opace
~Lies evolves into Truth~

Send a message via MSN to Opace
Quote:
I think most fans are just into the whole maid thing. She doesn't appear all that mature to me. Well, comparing her with some other characters, she is more reserved and all, but I think she's just hiding her inexperience with that certain type of relationships, and otherwise she's always on the job, thus she can't just relax, or, well, perhaps... "be herself"?

Eh, dunno.. just throwing rocks in the dark here.
Well, she tries to be the most mature of the group despite, as you said, being inexperienced in many matters such as romance and the real-world.

But I would have thought Maria fans would liked her more than just the maid thing only.
Opace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 21:03   Link #3032
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
lets derail the thread some more, I have seen Zero no Tsukaima, I used to like it on season 1, season 2 disappointed me deeply, and now I hate it after season 3. I LOVE tsunderes and development for them but in this case (anime) Louise and Saito's relationship has gone absolutely nowhere since midway season 2 to the end of season 3, every single time they get closer the reset button is pressed, Louise is just WAAAAAY TOO tsun that even I start to get pissed off. I dont know if the novels take the same direction but ZnT is a series I.do.not.like.at.all...at least Shana and Yuji's relationship had progressed without a need of a BIG reset (there was one but it didnt hurt much)
Old 2009-09-28, 21:17   Link #3033
GDB

Quote:
I dont know if the novels take the same direction
As far as character development and plot goes, it doesn't really. The anime I felt was horrible other than a few episodes in the first season, but the novels are insanely good. Especially the part that the end of season 2 was based on, which takes up basically all of Volume 8 (as opposed to the anime covering it in about 2 minutes).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 22:41   Link #3034
Used Can

Tsuretette~!♥
Old 2009-09-29, 01:14   Link #3035
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
And here we come to a crossroads due to definitions. If you ask me, a yandere is a yandere if they still love/cherish a person, despite wishing to inflict bodily harm on the one they love (seems Athena still has feelings for Hayate after all these years). And after the fight, she was crying over the fact that he just left her.
The entanglement of the definition was not really there but from her numerous thoughts and actions shown. If you are suspecting Athena to have a high degree of yandere-ness from her only one dark moment due to reasoning and logic, you are way over generalizing.
If you believe she has "some" degree of yandere-ness, then it is unnecessary to state about her yandere-ness because everyone was already ok that she has a mixture of characters which included a degree of it. You can but don't make it sounds so vague.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-09-29 at 01:47.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 02:18   Link #3036
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
I guess her maturity compared to the rest of the cast. Her authority, mysteriousness and smiling face while angry interested me. Its really hard to determine who's the master or who's the maid in some situations. All the members in the mansion, Tama included, fears her to the degree of disobeying Nagi's orders (mostly for comedy I believe). I can't say I'm a fan, but she is one of my favourite characters in the series and I'm neutral most of the time, preferring to allow the story to flow according to the author instead of complaining about trivial things.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 02:28   Link #3037
zodanhko
*ignoring*

For sure, no one messes with Maria when she's angry. Maria's reactions due to frequent mishaps when around Hayate sure bring light to my days.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 02:31   Link #3038
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
This is the "raw" thread mate!
So does that mean I should stop posting translated spoilers in the future since this is RAW only?
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 04:48   Link #3039
surerman
Banned

Quote:
You should watch Higurashi in your free time.

Spoiler for Rena is love <3:
OK I'll try it after this gang wars over, man! they sure have too much weapon in a Facility

Quote:
I don't practice such, umm.. "activities".
Why not?, it's healthy, do it, especially when you angry

Quote:
So basically, you're some kind of thug or murderer? How's it like to live like that, and how did anime become a hobby with such a lifestyle?
well...to me it's quite normal, to raise fund you must do some "job" that you acquire via bidding in the community, after deal, go to informan, buy as much as possible information about your job with your money, then go to the place, preparing weapon and.... BANG!.....money come to my pocket after the victims lay dead on the ground. Simple, and some times fun , if I can, I tape it (victims dead process) for collection to watch with other pal or trade it (my fave is "Gay dead" category so I never trade it with others)

They found and burn my collection...so I hooked my self to anime after found it in internet, since watch murderer in anime/manga never being sentenced or cencored and I found it quite addicted and fun too

Here you goooo~~~
[/QUOTE]
LOL
"Flatchested song"
Old 2009-09-29, 08:04   Link #3040
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
lets derail the thread some more, I have seen Zero no Tsukaima, I used to like it on season 1, season 2 disappointed me deeply, and now I hate it after season 3. I LOVE tsunderes and development for them but in this case (anime) Louise and Saito's relationship has gone absolutely nowhere since midway season 2 to the end of season 3, every single time they get closer the reset button is pressed, Louise is just WAAAAAY TOO tsun that even I start to get pissed off. I dont know if the novels take the same direction but ZnT is a series I.do.not.like.at.all...at least Shana and Yuji's relationship had progressed without a need of a BIG reset (there was one but it didnt hurt much)
The ZnT novels are indeed very different from the anime itself. Louise stopped whipping Saito, IIRC, at the end of the first book, which was also where Season 1 ended. Season 2 was imo pretty much what gave J.C. Staff the reputation of ruining strong canon material with unnecessary fanservice.

Tsundere is also my favourite anime archetype, and I speak only from my VERY limited knowledge of anime here, but most of the anime I watch seem to have the tsundere and main guy as the OTP. It's probably because getting rid of the tsun is a major part of the tsundere's development, and the best way to show it is by having her ending up with the hero of the story. I'm a few pages late here, but I'm rooting for a Nagi end although I wouldn't mind a Hina end either.

Last edited by frivolity; 2009-09-29 at 08:14.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen