AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-13, 22:11   Link #1
LCeh

Sket Dance

Author: Shinohara Kenta
Genre: Shounen, Comedy

Serialized in Weekly Shounen Jump, this series is about a "dan" called Sket, they are ones that seem to help people as club activities (somehow that reminded me of SOS-Dan ).

It's pretty darn funny, and the art is good. I just finished reading the first chapter and it's entertaining.

So far there seems to be one volume out, and 3 chapters are scanslated.
Old 2009-01-03, 06:32   Link #2
KoroshiyaX
X

I'm surprised there hasn't been any posts about this manga. Anyone following it? there are now over 50chs scanlated. It's got one of the funniest & wackiest stories out there. It's getting really interesting now that they're going into all the characters' pasts. Himeko's is especially interesting. But ya, their club activities is more interesting than the S.O.S. brigade imo
Old 2010-03-09, 04:08   Link #3
Westlo
Lets be reality

I've read the first two volumes of this, pretty good stuff.... really looking forward to an anime of this, the Vomic actors are spot on.
Old 2010-03-22, 14:25   Link #4
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Ch. 105 reminded me why I love this manga so much. It was a short, simple story about two friends who had a fight and finally came to terms with each other, but the usage of the color page to give that scene the impact it needed made this chapter great.

(Also, for extra lol, this was the chapter WSJ apologised for a while ago)
Old 2010-03-23, 02:07   Link #5
ZODDGUTS

Good to see scanlated chapters coming out more frequently hopefully this keep up. Anyways ch 104 wouldn't have guess that would be the trick to fool the fortune telling lady.
Old 2010-03-28, 09:40   Link #6
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

O man, ch.107 killed me the ending was just brilliant.
Old 2010-03-28, 13:14   Link #7
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Yeah, 107 is great for me too. The ending is a bit predictable
Spoiler for ending:
but what really makes me laugh is the reactions towards Bossun's origami, especially Hime's. Also, the comparison between each Sket Dance's origami (especially Bossun's with Hime's) is hilarious. I wonder if there'll be a continuation of this in the next chapter?
Old 2010-03-28, 19:48   Link #8
Wrath88
Kissing...

The way the simple folding suddenly turned into something complicated reminded me of Gash Bell, where there was this Coral Q demon, who was a robot that could do transformations. Go partway, then suddenly skip over to the finished product.
Old 2010-03-29, 06:06   Link #9
Westlo
Lets be reality

Read another two volumes since my last post in this thread, really good stuff, hoping an anime is announced asap.
Old 2010-06-07, 23:25   Link #10
JiffyGB
*snicker*

Anybody read 111 yet?

I wonder if
Spoiler for chap 111:
Old 2010-06-09, 09:58   Link #11
Wrath88
Kissing...

Switch's just perceptive enough, can't believe those two never realized the other had a mail as soon as one of them sent off one.
Old 2010-09-25, 20:37   Link #12
Westlo
Lets be reality

Finally caught up with this.. man this really is a good manga series and probably my fav in Jump atm, shame its not too popular around here...
Old 2010-10-13, 10:20   Link #13
Westlo
Lets be reality

Saw this on mangahelpers for next weeks issue.

"Sket - Big announcement and Opening COlor"

Please be an anime!
Old 2010-10-13, 10:43   Link #14
ZODDGUTS

An anime would be nice. It's a great series a bit underrated here in the west though the slow scans aren't exactly helping.
Old 2010-10-19, 21:56   Link #15
yellowscarves

Anime confirmed for spring of 2011. I love Sket Dance, so color me excited.
Old 2010-10-20, 03:53   Link #16
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Yes, so it IS an anime! Spring can't come soon enough for me, this is amazing news! In the meantime, all we can do is wait, perhaps for some extra info about the anime...hopefully, whoever it is that's working on this can do it perfectly. I wish that this will raise awareness of the manga, maybe even get more of it translated as well.
Old 2010-10-27, 18:06   Link #17
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
So I've read up til ch 115 of this in like 3 days, and i must say: i'm impressed. The manga pulls twists all over the place, is full of clichés and predictable development, yet it is so incredibly slow-paced.
It's funny how their are multiple sidestory-lines, and how almost all the actual development is in those flashback arcs.
If this continues i predict the manga'll be hella dragging along, until it gets the can-notice, sometime far in the future.
All we know for sure, is that Switch is gonna get a Flashback arc aswell, but that's kinda it. Everything else just seemingly wait til the mangaka wraps it up in the last volume. E.g. The relationships between Himeko and Bossun, Yuusuke and Sasuke, Switch and that childhood-friend of his, until finally Kazuyoshi utters a word (i predict this to be in the last 2 chapters of the manga D.

But it's been fun, i guess most ppl don't know all the riddles and games that pop-up alongside the storyline, almost all of which are very common knowledge (i got no clue on baseball rules.)

The references are extremely funny though, but i think those are gonna get axed in the anime, just like they did with Bakuman :S.
Old 2011-01-03, 21:45   Link #18
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Damnit this manga needs to be picked up again =//
just to quote 123
"Taichou-chan MOÉÉÉÉ <3"
Old 2011-02-12, 19:16   Link #19
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

omg chibi Sasuke's sooo cute i just wanna cuddle him
Old 2011-04-21, 05:00   Link #20
larethian

wondering why nobody is reading this stuff (& Toriko as well) when there is an anime...
Closed Thread