AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-03-05, 00:09   Link #41
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-03-05 at 18:46.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 07:30   Link #42
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-05, 18:45   Link #43
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Let's not get into too much discussion of exactly what heppened in the manga since this is a TV discussion thread. Such discussion is either annoying or spoilers for those who haven't read the manga.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 22:32   Link #44
Keirn

Is there a promo video for this anime? (I don't know if ALL animes have a promo, but most I have watched have had a promo video)
Keirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 22:42   Link #45
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I wonder what the manga series is gonna do...

Monthly Shonen Jump is ending publication (!!!) with the July 2007 issue released on 6/6.
The magazine has been running print since 1969.... but publisher Shuueisha is planning to focus on Weekly Shonen Jump, and decided to end publication of monthly Jump.

It's somewhat understandable, as there aren't any popular manga other than Claymore and Beet that's running in it.... No word yet on where the manga series serialized in Monthly Jump are moving to.

I wonder what kind of ramifications this could have on the anime series....
If Claymore takes too much time finding a shuueisha magazine to serialize on, that's less time anime has to catch up to it.
Old 2007-03-06, 00:23   Link #46
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Since Claymore is one of only 2 popular manga in Monthy Shounen Jump, I suspect that Suisensha will get them into another periodical ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirn View Post
Is there a promo video for this anime? (I don't know if ALL animes have a promo, but most I have watched have had a promo video)
Not at this time. Maybe in the future since there are still a few month before it airs.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-03-06, 01:46   Link #47
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Madhouse isn't like Sunrise, Pierrot or Toei Animation. I highly doubt it'll get that treatment. Besides, should Madhouse even get to where the manga currently is at this point, they'd be taking a lot of liberties since the manga is NOWHERE close to a sign of ending, and the current arc isn't a suitable place to tie in an anime original ending either.

Most likely it'll go the Black Lagoon route.

Spoiler for for possible Claymore anime ending based on the manga on volume 11/12:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 16:33   Link #48
Drytchnath
Sexual Tyrannosaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Madhouse isn't like Sunrise, Pierrot or Toei Animation. I highly doubt it'll get that treatment. Besides, should Madhouse even get to where the manga currently is at this point, they'd be taking a lot of liberties since the manga is NOWHERE close to a sign of ending, and the current arc isn't a suitable place to tie in an anime original ending either.

Most likely it'll go the Black Lagoon route.

Spoiler for for possible Claymore anime ending based on the manga on volume 11/12:
I'm confused, are you praising or putting down Madhouse? I thought they were regarded pretty highly but maybe I'm mistaken?
Drytchnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 19:32   Link #49
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

It's a praise. Madhouse has a very good, solid track record of manga adaptions. The comparison with other studios is just to indicate that Madhouse isn't the type of studio to explicitly create fillers for incomplete mangas just to wait for the mangaka to draw more material or even randomly pull out an anime original ending, especially when it's possible for the anime to stop at one particular point of the manga without being extremely bad.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 22:04   Link #50
Drytchnath
Sexual Tyrannosaurus Rex

I see, If they go the Black Lagoon route that'd be great, maybe make 3 to 4 12 episode seasons with breaks in between to avoid filler.
Drytchnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 20:54   Link #51
ashefatal
YOUR secret stalker

Picked up the first volume, and the veridct is I can't wait to get my hands on the second volume, I'll be looking forward for the anime

Last edited by ashefatal; 2007-03-10 at 01:15. Reason: .....=\
ashefatal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 11:55   Link #52
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

The youma/demons in the screenshots looks rather generic. I wish they would put more creative efforts in them, then again, the only one manga that i honestly like the monster/demon design was Ushio & Tora (which is like from the 1990 )

Is this like one of those "monster of the week" kinda story? or is it something deeper/darker?
Old 2007-03-10, 13:31   Link #53
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

deeper/darker.

It only pretends to be doing the "monster of the week" thing at the beginning while the characters and setting are being introduced. That way the action doesn't distract from more important things. Once you know which way is up, then things start getting really interesting. And the monster designs start getting much more interesting too.

Old 2007-03-10, 13:34   Link #54
Joojoobees

I was curious about this title, so I looked at the first volume of the Manga.
Spoiler for manga volume 1:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-03-11 at 03:09. Reason: Spoiler tags added!
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 19:52   Link #55
masama
use the fōrks ~

Saw the covers of the Claymore manga and thought it looked interesting and gave it a shot. it started off a bit slow and predictable but little did i know I ended up spending my saturday reading all volumes and chapters to date. I'd have to say that was well worth it, I really enjoyed it and a very good manga indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Monthly Shonen Jump is ending publication (!!!) with the July 2007 issue released on 6/6.
I wonder what kind of ramifications this could have on the anime series....
If Claymore takes too much time finding a shuueisha magazine to serialize on, that's less time anime has to catch up to it
I doubt the anime will ever catch up with the manga since it'll probably end early, but still let's all pray Claymore'll be serialized on weekly jump
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
and the current arc isn't a suitable place to tie in an anime original ending either.
Spoiler:

about Berserk and Claymore similarities...
Spoiler for well... probably don't need but just in case:
quite frankly I'm looking forward to the next chapter more than the anime, probably because of the cliffhanger as of ch70, a month wait... ahhhhh the anxiety.
Anyway in general I do find the anime to be less interesting if I read the manga already, but the animation might prove otherwise.
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 03:49   Link #56
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
I was curious about this title, so I looked at the first volume of the Manga.
Same here (already starting with Vol. 2). Looks interesting. More than willing to check the anime now.
Old 2007-03-24, 11:17   Link #57
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Footage from TAF on Youtube. Not the best quality video, but it gives us an idea of what Claymore looks like animated. With all the trailers and PVs floating around this one didn't leave much of an impact on me tbh, but that could be the crap quality of the video. It's not the best material to form an opinion but your mileage may vary...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 12:27   Link #58
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Footage from TAF on Youtube. Not the best quality video, but it gives us an idea of what Claymore looks like animated. With all the trailers and PVs floating around this one didn't leave much of an impact on me tbh, but that could be the crap quality of the video. It's not the best material to form an opinion but your mileage may vary...
Madhouse does it again. They nailed the manga-artstyle down pat. I recognise those scenes too... looking forward to the first episode very much.

Woot!
Old 2007-03-24, 12:33   Link #59
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
I am expecting much from this show. Here's hoping the whole thing doesn't bomb in our faces. >_< !!
Old 2007-03-24, 14:22   Link #60
Joojoobees

Quote:
Footage from TAF on Youtube.
Yeah, it's hard to tell anything based on that. Thanks for posting the URL anyways, as I am very curious about this series. The artwork I have seen from the manga is interesting; I wasn't sure I liked it at first, but it has a certain refined (elegant?) quality to it. It appears that will come through in the animation, which is encouraging.

I only read the first 1/2 of the first volume of the manga, so I don't know anything about the plot, and that clip was completely useless as far as getting a sense of the sound, so there is still no telling how this one will turn out. Still, aside from Seiri no Moribito, this is the series I've got highest hopes for in the new season.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote