AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2018-08-12, 02:48   Link #3401
The Small One

Somehow I really miss the first part of this series, when Titans were still the big threat and there were those mysteries surrounding them. All those politics and scheming lately feels like a completely different story.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-12, 03:16   Link #3402
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I thought about poison but not spinal fluid. I don't think they had the opportunity to obtain some, unless they prepared it well in advance, which I guess is possible. Either way, I'm pretty sure those guys are done for.
I really have to question the logic of "We can't trust them, we'll take them hostage. Also, we'll leave our food and drink to them."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-12, 08:44   Link #3403
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I really have to question the logic of "We can't trust them, we'll take them hostage. Also, we'll leave our food and drink to them."
As I read it, they were only questioning the motives of the military personel. Not of civilians and other non-fighters.
Well, maybe they should.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-12, 15:53   Link #3404
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I can't really blame Connie here. He just lost Sasha, and when you look at the way Eren behaved a year ago and how he behaves now, he really does seem like a different person. It doesn't help that he's been keeping his thoughts to himself. I hope they'll be able to clear things up.
I wonder if something broke in Eren, and if so, what and why. Is it simply time running out? Something else?

There's also Historia. Niles was talking about some kind of self-indulgent happy romance, but Historia didn't look happy when we last saw her.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-12, 18:04   Link #3405
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

My only theory for Eren's change is that he was running out of time for living and decided to kill as many enemies as possible while accepting he is going to die.

Edit: I mean, the flashback made it look like Eren doesn't want the others reduce their lifespans by inheriting the Titans powers

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2018-08-12 at 18:38.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-12, 20:24   Link #3406
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
There's also Historia. Niles was talking about some kind of self-indulgent happy romance, but Historia didn't look happy when we last saw her.
Dude doesnot seem to have a high opinion of Historia so he probably would dismiss what happened between her and farmer boy as a happy little fling., It's also possible that she pretended to be happy about her pregnancy when she first presented herself as pregnant to them.
Old 2018-08-12, 20:43   Link #3407
GDB

It definitely seems to be Eren that told Historia what to do. That's also likely his objective now; to save her from her fate. That would explain why he started acting differently and working with Zeke after the Corps decided that Historia becoming the Beast Titan was the way they were going to go. Timeline matches up.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 03:10   Link #3408
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Somehow I really miss the first part of this series, when Titans were still the big threat and there were those mysteries surrounding them. All those politics and scheming lately feels like a completely different story.
Yeah but you have to evolve the story, otherwise you'll end with something like the Walking Dead which just pointlessly drags on in circles.

Also obviously it is personal taste but I think AoT has given me one of the best explanation of mysteries that it's been developing, at least so far (better than Lost or X-files for sure).
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-06, 01:31   Link #3409
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Yeah, I'm at that point again with this story. The author really loves creating this massive web of plot threads that carry on and on, working toward a big climax that ultimately pushes the story further by connecting them all at once. It's sort of like every arc is a game of Tetris where the board becomes more and more full except for one or two crucial pieces that would clear all the lines at once.
Old 2018-09-06, 05:24   Link #3410
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Wow, everyone in Paradis supports Eren... Now, what are his old friends gonna do? Since they planning to have someone eat him.
Old 2018-09-06, 05:55   Link #3411
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Just give me Eren x Historie dose already.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-06, 11:08   Link #3412
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Wow, everyone in Paradis supports Eren... Now, what are his old friends gonna do? Since they planning to have someone eat him.
While I'm disappointed that we didn't get the talk with Eren, this chapter did set up some threads which sets up not only future plot points, but set up characters like Gabi and Mikasa to through their own character arcs.

The plane especially is no doubt going to be important sometime down the line.
Old 2018-09-07, 00:32   Link #3413
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberstein View Post
Just give me Eren x Historie dose already.
This. This is exactly what I'm waiting for tbh. Author has been teasing Eren x Historia so hard that it's starting to get a bit irritating waiting each month and they still haven't come into contact since his return.

I've been shipping them ever since they had that moment in ch 70, only to have it cut short by Mikasa...

--------------
Anyway, as for my thoughts on the latest ch: Gabi is starting to rub me the wrong way. She's hella annoying and it makes it hard for me to like her. While I do understand what the author's going for by having her behave like a zealot, the portrayal of her fanaticism(loyalty) to Marley feels forced and it's insufferable tbh.

This plot point needs to end asap. Just break her spirit/shatter her beliefs a little faster so that we can move on from her and then quickly change focus to another character plz Isayama...

Oh the irony. Getting help from the parents of the girl you killed. Man oh man, I wonder what Kaya's reaction would be if/when she finds out that Gabi was the one who killed Sasha?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-07, 11:38   Link #3414
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The Gabi parts in this chapter weren't very interesting (basically going through the same thing Reiner and the others did), but I'm looking forward to what Ishiyama has planned for her.
Old 2018-09-07, 14:20   Link #3415
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Gabi is starting to rub me the wrong way.

Oh the irony. Getting help from the parents of the girl you killed. Man oh man, I wonder what Kaya's reaction would be if/when she finds out that Gabi was the one who killed Sasha?
Only starting to? She was on my nerves for ages. Falco is what I'm reading her parts for because he's the one who gets it. I really hope the kid makes it out of this alive, but this feels like a knife in the heart that Sasha's family is the one who they're helping out.
Old 2018-09-07, 18:21   Link #3416
grecefar

Well I loved it how kaya was telling her off for why her mother die, poor falco falling for a girl like that.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-07, 22:49   Link #3417
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Only starting to? She was on my nerves for ages. Falco is what I'm reading her parts for because he's the one who gets it. I really hope the kid makes it out of this alive, but this feels like a knife in the heart that Sasha's family is the one who they're helping out.
Yea, I didn't really have any issues with her during her initial and early appearances, but she became an eyesore around the time of Eren's assault on Marley. That's when I couldn't help but notice the annoying things she says and does.

Falco is the only reason I can put up with any panels that she's present in. If he weren't such a likeable and relatable character, I'd probably just skip or speed read through any pages/panels that focus on/feature Gabi...

Ik what you mean tho. I feel kinda bitter when I see Sasha's parents show kindness and hospitality to her. Ik that she doesn't know any better, but man, Sasha was my 3rd fave character, so it hurts regardless and these feelings of frustration far outweigh my logical reasoning.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 09:56   Link #3418
Tormenk

So many good callbacks to the previous chapters. Aside the high stakes twists and turns, AoT really does good storytelling through the experiences of the characters. Gabi confronting the beliefs of her life through Mia was great.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 10:45   Link #3419
DemonneoPT

Finally we got our titans back. I was not really a fan about this human focused arc. Which is strange since i usually enjoy politics stuff. At least we got some cool revelations regarding the mysteries of that world.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 20:25   Link #3420
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Man, Eren didn't appear in this chapter but his recent actions have left a huge impact. Almost every character mentions him but the situation stopped being black and white years ago. I keep expecting betrayals but not sure from who.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote