Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2016-12-07, 09:55   Link #16481
Ultragunner

Natsu is already a Demon AND a dragon slayer

Yet another hybrid main character
Old 2016-12-07, 14:32   Link #16482
Sparteh

I am a bit confused by whole Natsu's heart deal. How can it know things which Natsu himself knows nothing about?
Sparteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-07, 23:17   Link #16483
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

We need a new relationship chart now...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-08, 13:33   Link #16484
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I guess we'll find out next week...but if Erza is another DS, I'm gonna eat my volumes.
Erza isn't a dragon slayer. That's still a matter of being taught by dragons or another dragon slayer.

Irene might be another dragon slayer who has gone undetected by Acnologia by not using DS magic for a long time, and as such could theoretically pass DS magic onto Erza the way Silver passed devil slayer magic onto Gray. She might be a dragon in disguise, or have screwed a dragon to produce Erza, making Erza part dragon.

But as it stands, Erza isn't a dragon slayer.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-09, 13:58   Link #16485
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
But as it stands, Erza isn't a dragon slayer.
She does not need to be a dragon slayer as she is dragon herself
Old 2016-12-10, 03:14   Link #16486
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Erza! lol
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-12-10, 19:22   Link #16487
immblueversion

Spoiler for Chapter 514:

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Erza! lol
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Spoiler:

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-12, 06:24   Link #16488
B214

The sudden revelation of things in this chapter, i'm not sure what to to say or feel about it. Irene inventing the DS magic, the East and West Dragon, Erza being pregnant at the last stage of the DS magic (i suppose Irene's pregnancy went wrong) and Natsu seemingly reaching his destination. The scale of things revealed in one chapter is quite large and it's starting to get connected to 400 years back, maybe with Natsu and Zeref too.

The story doesn't feel all that bad, but it does feel somewhat forced. Like Mashima wanting to make sure Erza is linked to Natsu's situation like the others. After all Erza was the only one of the human teammate Natsu has that isn't connected to Zeref yet now she has one through Irene.

Hopefully the next chapter will clear up this weird feeling i have right now. And we finally have an answer behind the Dragon Slayer's motion sickness, the Dragon's senses are better than the human ones. I really thought this was a gag and won't be answer.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-12, 06:45   Link #16489
Sixth
Hu Tao

Pretty good chapter.

As usual, human is the root of all evil things.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-12, 09:22   Link #16490
Ultragunner

and Happy had to join in the bed with Natsu and Lucy, read the atmosphere goddamnit

I have to wonder though, where is Igneel in all of this? Wasn't he among the most prominent dragons out there?
Old 2016-12-12, 09:54   Link #16491
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
The sudden revelation of things in this chapter, i'm not sure what to to say or feel about it. Irene inventing the DS magic, the East and West Dragon, Erza being pregnant at the last stage of the DS magic (i suppose Irene's pregnancy went wrong) and Natsu seemingly reaching his destination. The scale of things revealed in one chapter is quite large and it's starting to get connected to 400 years back, maybe with Natsu and Zeref too.

The story doesn't feel all that bad, but it does feel somewhat forced. Like Mashima wanting to make sure Erza is linked to Natsu's situation like the others. After all Erza was the only one of the human teammate Natsu has that isn't connected to Zeref yet now she has one through Irene.

Hopefully the next chapter will clear up this weird feeling i have right now. And we finally have an answer behind the Dragon Slayer's motion sickness, the Dragon's senses are better than the human ones. I really thought this was a gag and won't be answer.
This chapter was almost cringeworthy. Like you said it doesnt feel somewhat forced it feels completely forced. Now i'd buy Eileen as Erza's mother but making her the first dragon slayer uhh okay

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-12, 09:58   Link #16492
immblueversion

Now we know Irene was definitely once a Dragon Slayer, but the fact that Acnologia doesn't address or as such and act accordingly (God Serena can attest to that) shows she isn't one anymore. I'm guessing Belserion did something to save her, but it didn't end well for him.

Speaking of Belserion, he and Irene spoke to each other like good friends, so it seems moot that he or any dragon would be Erza's father. I can't say for sure if it's just an unseen man, or if it really is Acnologia after all; or rather, the man Acnologia used to be before he became "Acnologia". Either way, I think we can rule out Erza being a dragon. But the significant ending shot of Irene being pregnant with Erza while she was about to become a dragon gives me the idea that a few draconic qualities were imprinted on Erza as Irene was being saved. That's the working theory I have, anyway.

Too bad we won't get any more answers until the week after next, because the manga's taking a break.

Old 2016-12-12, 12:39   Link #16493
Kafriel
Senior Guest

While the plot is 100% ham-fisted right now, that's the price you pay for making a fast-paced manga. The battles are fast as well, but there are far more fights than there is exposition, leading to an inevitable chapter like this one.

Eileen's past is interesting, but my spidey-senses are tingling, alarming me of a very shallow and BS reason for Eileen to be in the opposite camp. Can she be the friend-proof, moral-destroying villain the series needs? We will find out...almost next year!

Spoiler for Zoro vs Erza:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-12, 15:02   Link #16494
Casshern

Quote:
Eileen's past is interesting, but my spidey-senses are tingling, alarming me of a very shallow and BS reason for Eileen to be in the opposite camp. Can she be the friend-proof, moral-destroying villain the series needs? We will find out...almost next year!
Well, Eileen has always been in that camp. From her perspective our protagonists are the ones in the opposite camp, getting in the way of Zeref defeating Acnologia. I think we'll need to get to the part about Acnologia before judging though. I'm expecting another twist.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-12, 16:02   Link #16495
cyberdemon

Quote:
While the plot is 100% ham-fisted right now, that's the price you pay for making a fast-paced manga. The battles are fast as well, but there are far more fights than there is exposition, leading to an inevitable chapter like this one.

Spoiler for Zoro vs Erza:
I think there is a simple reason Eileen is with Zeref

Spoiler for speculation:
Old 2016-12-12, 19:34   Link #16496
Chosen_Hero

Spoiler for Chapter 514:
Old 2016-12-12, 20:35   Link #16497
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 514:
Irene is human, and for all we know, so was Erza's dad. Irene has not been seen in a romantic relationship with a dragon, if that's even possible. Irene is clearly not a Dragon Slayer anymore, so perhaps something happened before Erza was born that led to her being un-dragonized. So for all we currently know, Erza is neither a dragon nor a Dragon Slayer in any capacity whatsoever.

The working theory right now is that some of Irene's dragonization rubbed off on Erza without actually turning her into a dragon, giving her uncommon strength and durability. As you can see, apart from that, Erza has none of the heightened senses dragons and Dragon Slayers have demonstrated over and over again. This could very well be the most valid explanation we're getting for Erza's "Erza-ness", minus the "because she's Erza". Or maybe that will happen anyway. Who knows.

Old 2016-12-13, 10:32   Link #16498
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Irene is human, and for all we know, so was Erza's dad. Irene has not been seen in a romantic relationship with a dragon, if that's even possible. Irene is clearly not a Dragon Slayer anymore, so perhaps something happened before Erza was born that led to her being un-dragonized. So for all we currently know, Erza is neither a dragon nor a Dragon Slayer in any capacity whatsoever.

The working theory right now is that some of Irene's dragonization rubbed off on Erza without actually turning her into a dragon, giving her uncommon strength and durability. As you can see, apart from that, Erza has none of the heightened senses dragons and Dragon Slayers have demonstrated over and over again. This could very well be the most valid explanation we're getting for Erza's "Erza-ness", minus the "because she's Erza". Or maybe that will happen anyway. Who knows.
She is the first dragonslayer and was turning into a dragon while pregnant with Erza, given Fairy Tails track record of Erza bs the connection isn't hard to make.
Old 2016-12-14, 00:40   Link #16499
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so Erza is a human-dragon hybrid since she born
and Natsu getting threesome with Lucy and Happy...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 10:51   Link #16500
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Surprise! Erza is more OP than we knew.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen