Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-08-01, 07:18   Link #9541
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

She did that already. She can rez, too.
Old 2018-08-02, 12:41   Link #9542
Blueknight78

it's looks like blizzard did it again, they are forcing us to "buy books" to actually know what is happening in game because the "game is not the right place to tell the what is happening "in game".

http://www.wowhead.com/news=286021/s...he-night-elves

most of the explanations are in the books.
Old 2018-08-02, 13:04   Link #9543
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Oddly, I was hoping this would be OUR fault. The player's fault, regardless of side. Not from an order, not from an act of malice, but from our very weapons exploding during the heat of battle (the end of our Artifact weapons). That would have put the weight of this event entirely on our shoulders, rather than leave us clear of blame, for we did very little really here on either side of the campaign.
Old 2018-08-03, 12:11   Link #9544
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Blizzard be trolling...in a good way.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-08-07, 19:21   Link #9545
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well one thing I can say, Jaina's entrance in the Battle for Lorderon was really cool. They hid that from us in Beta.
Old 2018-08-07, 19:57   Link #9546
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

YouTube
YouTube
Old 2018-08-11, 12:49   Link #9547
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Given how some of the advertising uses 'Prepare for War' as a tagline, it occurred to me recently that there's a short but simple clip that could have been run as well, not requiring any of the major players' presence.

Picture if you will a blank screen with the words 'Si vis Pacem'... at the top. It then fades into a short montage of Alliance (or Horde) forces gearing up; then this fades to another blank screen with '...para Bellum' at the top. One final transition leaves us with the logo at the center, then that too fades away.

As for things which might happen in this expansion, I wonder if there will be an analogue of the Battle for Castle Itter (an unusual enough engagement that its not being treated in any of the WW2 games, to my knowledge, amazes me).
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-11, 13:15   Link #9548
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering how few people know Latin these days, I don't know if that would work.
Old 2018-08-11, 15:06   Link #9549
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Considering how few people know Latin these days, I don't know if that would work.
That few? Well, a simple change would fix it: extend the two relevant portions of the clip so that each half of the phrase can morph into its English counterpart before fading out.
Old 2018-08-15, 10:17   Link #9550
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

YouTube
YouTube
YouTube
YouTube
YouTube
YouTube
YouTube

Last edited by milan kyuubi; 2018-08-22 at 16:22. Reason: Added one more clip!
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-26, 15:57   Link #9551
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

This probably belongs here by now: Warbringers: Azshara

YouTube
Old 2018-08-26, 17:17   Link #9552
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
What are you doing here, N'Zoth? This is clearly a Faction War expansion, not an Old Gods expansion... /s
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-26, 17:38   Link #9553
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
What are you doing here, N'Zoth? This is clearly a Faction War expansion, not an Old Gods expansion... /s
Back when it was announced that they were trying to bring the Alliance/Horde conflict back to the fore, I remember asking myself a simple question: who would benefit from that? After all, it's hardly a new scenario ('The Sum of All Fears' and 'Red Storm Rising' come to mind as examples - admittedly, it's only very briefly implied in the beginning of the latter), and one whose failure to consider would be more than a bit of an oversight on the part of Alliance and Horde leadership both.
Old 2018-08-26, 21:52   Link #9554
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I know right....

Maybe its to show where all these ruin the factions are fighting over came from. Or to remind the Night Elf players that they do still have a queen...slightly fishy and tentaclly, but still. So Naga for Alliance Allied Race than, and a new underwater city for the Night Elves to replace the burnt Teldrassil....surely that has to be it, right. Or would they go Horde to be with their Nightborne kin. Decisions, decisions.

Old 2018-09-07, 18:00   Link #9555
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I haven't said anything much since the launch of BfA because I had been pushing to hopefully do more Mythic+ this expansion and not be behind the curve.

Finally finished that darn Champions of Azeroth grind a couple of days ago. Argh....smashing through that many world quests over and over got weary but the payoff of the upgraded necklace and a 355 azerite head piece was worth it.

A few hours ago, this insanity went down...from what other people in this group said, we were 41st in the world to finish a key this high...

The final boss of Motherlode on a +12 key in first week of Mythic+....pure hell....Infested also requires really fast reactions to handle. Fortified/Sanguine/Necrotic/Infested required so much kiting/containment.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2018-09-07 at 18:13.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-09, 16:23   Link #9556
Firefly00

I can't recall at present if I brought this up earlier in the thread, but... It occurred to me that they could add high-value targets (HVTs) as a possible bonus in PvE island expeditions. Imagine interacting with the relevant contact and seeing in addition to the three possible islands, a list of HVTs and mention of which one is believed to be present in a particular island. When one does spawn, they are part of the opposing team and naturally a bit of a step up in terms of challenge, but net bonus loot and rep when you do take them down (a good analogue of this would be the bounties in Grim Dawn)... and an even bigger bonus for getting them all. Said bonus could include a title in the vein of 'Headhunter'.

I do wonder if there are enough race/class/spec combos to get fifty-two of them per faction, which would justify nods to a certain pair of games that were Pandemic Studios' last hurrah...
Old 2018-09-18, 19:31   Link #9557
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Looks like the Alliance will be raiding Zandalar in a two faction raid. Than Azshara's minions are going show themselves in a small second raid, with Naga invasions.

Plus Darkshore Warfront, and War related zone invasions to spice up the World Quests. I'd hope for eventual world wide World Quests, just so they revamp everything eventually.
Old 2018-09-21, 22:18   Link #9558
cyberdemon

Jaina's supposed to be the end boss for Horde and Rastakhan for Alliance. Rastakhan will likely die making Talanji the Zandalari leader. Jaina will probably escape though I'm betting Katharine dies in her place.
Old 2018-09-23, 22:00   Link #9559
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Jaina's supposed to be the end boss for Horde and Rastakhan for Alliance. Rastakhan will likely die making Talanji the Zandalari leader. Jaina will probably escape though I'm betting Katharine dies in her place.
Likely, solidifying the WAR in warcraft.
Old 2018-10-01, 04:29   Link #9560
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Xalatath has unlocked the achievement [My Knifu Is Now My Waifu]!

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows