AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-11-25, 11:08   Link #81
ragnos007

I'm not understanding how Raikage and Bee are being referred as the 2 most broken brothers in Narutoverse.... I can kinda understand Raikage since he lost his hand. but that doesnt mean shit he is still one to be reckoned with. If that isnt what people mean by broken then please enlighten me and while youre at it tell me how Bee is broken
Old 2009-11-25, 12:52   Link #82
SeanQ

Read spoiler and... what? Is Kisame's head talking?
Old 2009-11-25, 13:04   Link #83
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Still though...i got a feeling that Kisame will survive somehow.
Probably after Raikage arrived he used his trumph card to survive. I'm pretty sure even Kisame is immortal. Such unique and rare powers/abilities are probably from prehistoric Naruto .. Madara needs people.. and i doubt he'll be the only one lasting with Zetsu.
Old 2009-11-25, 13:08   Link #84
james0246

I updated the first post with a more complete spoiler...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Before falling, he certainly had to fly to reach Deidara's bird.
And that is called jumping...

Sasuke could never fly, he could only glide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Did I miss something?
Yes you did. We were discussing flashbacks, not character development. Deidara received an extensive flashback (no matter how little it actually revealed about his character), whereas Sasori only received some (half a dozen? a dozen? almost all were mirror images of a little boy surrouned by his "parents") still images. It doesn't matter that Deidara's flashback had little to do with Deidara's past, that was not the point to the discussion.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 13:33   Link #85
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Still though...i got a feeling that Kisame will survive somehow.
Probably after Raikage arrived he used his trumph card to survive. I'm pretty sure even Kisame is immortal. Such unique and rare powers/abilities are probably from prehistoric Naruto .. Madara needs people.. and i doubt he'll be the only one lasting with Zetsu.
And sasuke
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 13:52   Link #86
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
And that is called jumping...
Not even the ninjas of the Naruto world can jump that high. Deidara was flying waaay too high in the sky.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 15:24   Link #87
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^Check again, Lee is flying everytime he uses a lotus! Plus, there's the whole concentrate chakra below your feet and let it explode as you jump to back up normal ninjas who lack Lee's explosive young body...since my memory is hazy due to watching and reading a lot of stuff at the same time, isn't there a single scene in Naruto where people just disappear and go over their opponent's heads, a la hiten mitsurugi style?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 15:29   Link #88
SeanQ

Tsuchikage flies.
Old 2009-11-25, 16:43   Link #89
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu View Post
And sasuke
Ah yes.. well about that matter... i really wonder how Suigetsu and Juugo are going to react... will they continue to follow him?? Sasuke definetly abandoned them... and Madara obviously doesnt care about them..
Old 2009-11-25, 17:10   Link #90
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Tsuchikage flies.
Pain also flied when he blew up Konoha.
Old 2009-11-25, 17:11   Link #91
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Ah yes.. well about that matter... i really wonder how Suigetsu and Juugo are going to react... will they continue to follow him?? Sasuke definetly abandoned them... and Madara obviously doesnt care about them..
Nobody told them to stick along, the plan was to destroy Konoha and Pain got dibs on that, so...team Taka has had no purpose ever since Itachi died, it was just Sasuke walking around and the team just tagging along for kicks...one would argue that Madara can control Juugo's alter ego or provide a match between Suigetsu and his subordinate, and Karin has no serious reason to be with Sasuke, so yeah...she can go to Killerbee and taste HIS chakra
It would actually be nice to see Sasuke lose his goons and have to face them later on in a deathmatch where they show their evil sides and Sasuke's own badass attitude finally cracks.
Old 2009-11-25, 17:38   Link #92
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
I think sasuke ditched them because he was getting too close. He probably didn't want to go through the same emotional baggage of having to leave them like he did Naruto/Sakura
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 17:41   Link #93
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Tsuchikage flies.
That doesn't seem to be flying, it seems to be levitation. I think he can manipulate gravity of the earth element. I'm assuming here that he is the greatest ever earth element user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Pain also flied when he blew up Konoha.
He used his force to push himself up from the ground, after he stopped using the force he fell down to the ground. We can call that flying, but i think it's not appropriate.

Somone who can really fly would not travel by jumping on trees and running. Especially if he is old and running around causes pain for him (Tsuchikage) or wants to travel at highest speed (Pain going to Konoha). Until now the only one who was naturally using flight to travel was Deidara. A good explanation can be: if someone can fly using low amount of chakra (or stamina) then he can fly, if for someone flying needs larger amount he will use flying moves only when fighting but he will walk and run when traveling.

Does Kisame make some hand seal before his head is cut off? If so then he's most likely not dead since he managed to do some jutsu.

It might be that Kisame will be used as a measuring stick for Madara's power, if Madara attacks right now he would make a very serious damage to the alliance by killing the alliance leader raikage and by stealing the 8 tails. It would be a perfect time to have Madara do something badass, since otherwise his proclamation of war against the whole ninja world seems to be like a bad joke of an old and senile idiot. After that speech Madara can become either badass evil boss or a pathetic idiot, there are no other options between those two extremes. And since the latter would make the manga stupid i think Madara's ass kicking entrance is near.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2009-11-25 at 17:55.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 20:50   Link #94
SeanQ

Lol what do you consider flying? I guess arocket is not flying, it's just popping fire out of its ass to get to space?
Old 2009-11-25, 20:54   Link #95
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Yes you did. We were discussing flashbacks, not character development. Deidara received an extensive flashback (no matter how little it actually revealed about his character), whereas Sasori only received some (half a dozen? a dozen? almost all were mirror images of a little boy surrouned by his "parents") still images. It doesn't matter that Deidara's flashback had little to do with Deidara's past, that was not the point to the discussion.
I amidt that I have never read Sasori's part in manga, only have watched the episodes but we saw him as a young child. With his parents, how they had left and how Chiyo found out about their death. How Sasori had become a puppet master and how he had created all his first puppets, showing how much he had missed his parents.

That's way far more information than Deidara had ever received.
Old 2009-11-25, 22:50   Link #96
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Suigetsu was following Sasuke to lead him to Kisame and then he stayed for the kicks and Juugo just relied on Sasuke for emotional restraint. Sasuke had no real purpose for anyone other than Karin, the only purpose Suigetsu and Juugo had was to get in the way whilst Sasuke does his thing.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 05:25   Link #97
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I amidt that I have never read Sasori's part in manga, only have watched the episodes but we saw him as a young child. With his parents, how they had left and how Chiyo found out about their death. How Sasori had become a puppet master and how he had created all his first puppets, showing how much he had missed his parents.

That's way far more information than Deidara had ever received.
I think Deidara was a simple-minded person who found joy in his own creation, his art. He was too young to have an interesting background and had no philosophy to share and no goals to reach.
He followed Akatsuki and he was forced to do so. Maybe he was nothing more but a measuring stick for Sasuke's temporary abilities. Both Naruto and Sasuke had to face an Akatsuki – and both defeated but didn't kill them.

I admit that Deidara was an interesting character, but on the other hand, he was no round character. We did not see any development, he was strong from the beginning and his character remained the same.

I think that it was the lack of motivation and individual tasks that made him what he is today – a character with a missing background story.
Old 2009-11-26, 06:53   Link #98
Kafriel
Senior Guest

On the other hand, it's better to have a villain with little character instead of working on the side cast in depth, because then the author has less character types available for future use and elongates the panel time of someone not so important...imagine how long it would take to bring akatsuki down to their current numbers (2) if each and every character had had a sidequest before their main fight followed by a good flashback story of their childhood and goals-since naruto is battle-heavy, the main story wouldn't be progressing as much.
Old 2009-11-26, 08:36   Link #99
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Wow. This had to be the most disappointing chapter I have read in a while.

Seriously. If Kisame is dead, it was the quickest death I have ever seen. Even Deidera had more of a send-off with his Art Love crap. It's not like we needed a back story, although the whole 7, i think its 7, swords of the Water Country seem to be a good back drop for a story...What makes these guys so strong, why was Zabuza so feared? Who the fuck is Kisame? Looks like these questions will go unanswered.

Kisame had a longer fight using his clone against Team Gai.
Old 2009-11-26, 09:11   Link #100
Rezard

Kisame and Itachi are the first Akatsukians to appear. It is extemely stupid to give him a death like this. I mean, at least give him a long fight with a climax ending agaisnt a somewhat important character. He deserved better.

As others have already pointed out, Raikage appearing here was also somehow stupid, I try to no really expect anything logical from Kishimoto (after Nagato's end it is hard to), but there 's a limit. I try to accept some inconsistencies, but Kishi takes it to another level.

If someone would count, this manga could easily get over 100 plot holes!!!
Rezard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion