Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-08-02, 11:02   Link #141
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
And I'm wondering why they do. Other than Sanae, none of the other girls have shown much romantic inclinations to him before this episode and suddenly they are all over him? Something seems to be missing.
i only can say they skipped it
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 11:03   Link #142
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
i only can say they skipped it
esp to the girls that arent the main 4
Old 2014-08-02, 12:45   Link #143
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I'm really liking this show, not too much fan service for a harem type Anime and tons of humor. Loved the last few episodes, now we get to the bits of drama bum bum bum.

I'm even liking the main character, which is rare for a harem Anime.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 15:57   Link #144
SQA

In the anime setup, you could read it as less that they all have romantic feelings for him than that they were mostly there to show off their looks... and our MC utterly ignored them. He squashed their vanity, so, as is natural in all anime, they took it out on him physically.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 04:37   Link #145
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Well then, the romantic drama is getting its start. Sanae gets the first move in the main 4. So I reckon after her problem is settled, someone else is going to get their time in the limelight?

So, what was those two random guys in suits after? Judging by what was shown there at the end, I can only guess that they're after Sanae. (Seeing as they have ghost fire[will-o-wisp & I don't mean the pokemon move. lol] in a container.)

So cliched, she gets mad at the MC, storms off, gets into trouble, gets rescued, falls for him even more & rinse & repeat. I hope this show doesn't follow that pattern for all the girls.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 05:22   Link #146
Eratas123

It might be less out of love and more out of pride. They obviously wanted to look good and they made those intros but then the one guy ignores them first for his senior and then, of all things, for a dream beetle.

You see this in many athletes who try to act cool and show off their athletics only to be ignored by something stupid/someone else. They may not like the person romantically but effectively being snubbed is kind of annoying and anime logic dictates that they'll do something disproportionate in response whereas in real life they'd just be slightly annoyed or put off.

Apart from the landlady, Mole-Girl and Alien Princess certainly show pride due to their backgrounds and Sanae kind of does seem to like him at this point so that explains that. Cosplay girl doesn't and she never once acts pissed in this episode while landlady just seems to do it because the others do it too.

On a side note, I'm surprised none of them took issue with sharing the room. I expected Tulip to do so at least.

mangakid95 - What anime/manga is that in your sig? I like the character design
Old 2014-08-03, 07:18   Link #147
Random14

Girls being angry at the MC isn't anything new... that leading to another moment with the girl they're jealous of is hilarious though. Sure, leave him alone so he can share another moment with the senpai.

Sure feels like they've skipped over stuff, but while it could be a rushed harem development (not like that's rare), I prefer to think of it that they're somewhere between "friendly enough to show off" to "why aren't you paying attention to us?!", with them mainly being insulted that their swimsuits were upstaged by a girl in a sundress. Though so far I'd say at least half the girls are slightly interested with the rest being friendly. The landlady was showing slight interest in Koutarou early on (I was expecting her to be left behind, as often landladies are secondary characters), Sanae of course, and maybe Theia. Though Ruth got a big moment too this episode as well as a Kiriha moment.

Kind of funny to see them all sleeping in one room, when most of them sleep elsewhere usually. Its almost kind of strange to not see a scorecard this week, after how the last two episodes they were fighting it out for territory of room 106, but guess they're all friendly by now.

By the way, eratas123, I think that fanart is of characters from Gundam Build Fighters, specifically Reiji and Aila, its a great show too.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 13:10   Link #148
elior

this was awoseme episode the mix of the action and drama was pretty good
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 15:53   Link #149
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 5

To be honest my fave part of the ep was the knitting club pres carefully and yet in as simple a manner possible showing the MC why his words crossed the line and were hurtful. MC is just a bit insensitive and dense, but not extremely so, and immediately "got it". Refreshing! No physical violence, no gags, no nothing - just normal, straightforward communication on both sides. ^^

Other than that the ep was okay - no great shakes, but nice enough.
Old 2014-08-08, 19:58   Link #150
ReddyRedWolf

Okay... The landlady is definitely not normal. Was her fist on fire?

Alright I know being able to see ghosts and beating the crap out of invaders, a ghost and a cosplayer should make her Badass Normal but that was for comedic effect.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 20:21   Link #151
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Yeah - I was also quite surprised!

Apparently with the flaming fists of fury h-t-h combat she is somehow indeed way more than she has been shown to be thus far, and the scene in ep 1 which many viewers did indeed take as "comedic effect" was actually dead serious.
Old 2014-08-08, 20:53   Link #152
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Poor Yurika she all ways getting the short end of the stick being kidnapped by the cosplay club
Old 2014-08-08, 23:39   Link #153
HandofFate

landlady's flaming ki-fist was surprising.
Yurika once again 'saves the day' out of sight, so everyone in the main cast still thinks she's just a cosplay girl, lol.
Old 2014-08-09, 00:10   Link #154
tsunade666

Yurika is probably the most unappreciated magical girl that I know. talk about mistfortune here and there and still probably recognized as a cosplay girl. So far. She hasn't yet used magic in front of the others (from what I remember she only used it on Sakuraba senpai and now she is in the roof of the building)

This episode is nice and welcoming. It sure shows that they are family and it looks like the charm is much more than just a charm. It transform into a sword when it pierced that ghost.

It also looks like the landlady-san knows god or shining fingers
Old 2014-08-09, 02:57   Link #155
whitecloud

Isnt the charm given by the landlady?
Old 2014-08-09, 03:19   Link #156
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Hmm... For some reason I thought it was from the MC's grandmother....
Old 2014-08-09, 03:25   Link #157
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
huh?i dont remember her giving him that
Old 2014-08-09, 04:56   Link #158
Tenzen12

More I watching it more I am convinced Sakuraba senpai is final boss. The evil cosplay shoujo was referring.
Old 2014-08-09, 05:48   Link #159
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Will they ever stop using Yurika as comic relief? At least she indirectly saved the day.

Still, episode was pretty decent in its own right. Nothing too random apart from the Ghost hunters & ghost woman/grunt ghost combo transformation...

Lots of communication between Koutarou/Sakuraba & that served the purpose of character development for him. At least he isn't the cliched type that realizes what he did wrong immediately after shit hit the fan. He actually needed to be told & pointed out on what he did wrong, so that's a good thing in itself.

XDDD Flaming fists. Now I'm convinced that she's not human. What possible reason could she have for having that power? lol
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 07:38   Link #160
HandofFate

I like how the flaming fists isn't even addressed, she just has it, and the others don't even bat an eye about it.

Kind of surprised all of their earth power and technology work on ghosts.