2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-11-22, 06:02   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 06:08   Link #2
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 06:25   Link #3
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Loved this episode, but I believe that I'm not the only one going
Spoiler:
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 06:28   Link #4
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Awesome episode. Not much action but still great character development as well as plot development.

Yeah, those who last week ship any Turbine girls with anyone from our Tekkadan boys are going to have their ship torpedoed hard (as hard as Naze’s D when he bang each and every one of those girls until they bore his children). Yep, the ship’s crew are his harem and that means each and every one of them is his woman, and they’re all live happily. Godammit Naze, you’re one awesome mofo. You might be Ricardo Fellini’s expy, but you got the “harem ending” Ricardo can only dream about .

The dialogues between Orga & Naze is the highlight of this episode where Orga get to show his more vulnerable and helpless side which warmly received by Naze. On the other hand, Mika brood a bit this episode about not doing good enough in the previous battle. Worse, he got beat up by Lafter in the simulator training. But of course, he won’t give up and keep training to get better and better.

From their dialogues, the current Gjallarhorn seem to be more corrupt compared to their early self when they ended the Calamity War, and the 4 economic blocks don’t like them anymore and wants to get rid of them.

And to close the episode, we got a smirk from a misterious figure that may or may not spell the upcoming trouble that Tekkadan must face.

Also, pay attention to the OP. Naze has more of his harem members appear in his couch now. Naze, you sly Casanova you .

PS: The babies are cute.
Old 2015-11-22, 06:33   Link #5
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I hope that the creative team will stop the 1 fighting episode and then 1 talking episode arrangement, it has been repeated twice now and the next episode being another talking episode does not help matter. I feel like this arrangement is hurting the pacing and sorta makes the show more predictable. My reaction to the talking episodes is slowly turning from "Nice world building" to "Here come more info dump"

That aside, nice episode and the spotlight on Orga and his development as leader. Looking forward to find out what does it mean by Kudelia being a property.
Old 2015-11-22, 06:35   Link #6
Skaddix

I assume its do to budget.

Still good character development especially for Orga and interesting to see Mika and Orga are both worried about not keeping pace and getting dumped by the other. So does this conversation lower death flags for Orga since Naze basically told him dont be an idiot without you Tekkadan falls which is true considering Orga is the Alexander The Great of this group.

Also interesting Jupiter doesnt like Gjhallahorn, Mars doesnt like them and the 4 Powers on Earth dont like them very interesting.

Random New Blonde Chick with Orga next episode and who owns Kudelia in next week?
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 06:37   Link #7
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Also, pay attention to the OP. Naze has more of his harem members appear in his couch now. Naze, you sly Casanova you .
They are increasing like rabbits. The screen is just isn't big enough to show them all.

The episode is nice. It felt relaxing from the last heated battle. There was also cool character development here and I can't help but feel that Orga will die. I feel that his death flag is just too big.

Will the battle be only against 3 or more mobile suits? I only notice Akihiko and Mikazuki as pilots of Tekkadan.
Old 2015-11-22, 06:41   Link #8
Tenzen12

They have only two MS for now. If you they manage get aligned with Teiwas it might change

Pacing is great. Asong as quality on nonaction episode will remain same I myself would be fine with this arrangement. It seems we will not get any action next week either, so it would be better get used to it.

Anyway Orga failing to be cool and collected was awesome, it really shows difference between him being relatively regular teenager and his leader persona.
Old 2015-11-22, 06:44   Link #9
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Sorry Paptimus, but Naze Turbine just took your place as Gundam's Harem King from Jupiter.

I do like how Orga's vulnerable sides appear here - he's not any weaker for it, but his inexperience clearly showed, and it was a good thing Naze pointed out the holes in his beliefs. On the other side of the coin though, the tactics on display during the boarding operation showed that Tekkadan has the brains to actually take over a ship without gunning down everything into a bloodbath, which for a ragtag group like them is still impressive.

The next episode is gonna be more interesting though, with a lot more eyecandy.... that dressed up Kudelia

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 06:44   Link #10
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Sorry Paptimus, but Naze Turbine just took your place as Gundam's Harem King from Jupiter.
- Plus the fact that Naze's WAAAYYY more likable.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 06:52   Link #11
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I hope that the creative team will stop the 1 fighting episode and then 1 talking episode arrangement, it has been repeated twice now and the next episode being another talking episode does not help matter.
Isn’t that what they are doing? Breaking the “1-talky-1-action” pattern by making the next episode a talky episode too .

As for me, I don’t mind good talky episodes coz I’m more interested in the characters right now than the Gundam itself (and this comes from a mad Gundam fan who have tons of model kits ). Anyway, I like the “mecha battles will happen only when the story needs it”-approach. That makes the show better than just a pop-corn show. The approach is similar to the one took by Gundam: The Origin and that’s what made it super-excellent OVA series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Plus the fact that Naze's WAAAYYY more likable.
And no ridiculous hairdo .
Old 2015-11-22, 06:57   Link #12
Tenzen12

Of course he doesn't, Orga has monopoly on ridiculous heirdos.
Old 2015-11-22, 06:58   Link #13
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Of course he doesn't, Orga has monopoly on ridiculous heirdos.
You're not counting Kudelia?
Old 2015-11-22, 07:00   Link #14
Tenzen12

Nah her hairstyle Is in Gundam fashion magazines for generations, so it doesn't count.
Old 2015-11-22, 07:00   Link #15
Skaddix

Wouldnt be Anime without a few absurd hairdos.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 07:01   Link #16
B214

I now know why they name him Naze. So that Norba can scream Naze daaaaa!!
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 07:09   Link #17
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Nah her hairstyle Is in Gundam fashion magazines for generations, so it doesn't count.
Ok then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Wouldnt be Anime without a few absurd hairdos.
Okay let us go back to the original context. I was previously talking about the hair of Harem King(s) from Jupiter (Paptimus & Naze), not all Gundam/anime characters in general.
Old 2015-11-22, 07:11   Link #18
Skye629

O_O

EVERYONE BOW BEFORE THE WISE HAREM KING THAT IS NAZE

-bows repeatedly while on knees-

On a more serious note this episode alone shot up Naze and his harem crews likeability like a thousand fold. Im gonna be REALLY pissed if any of these guys die. Great character development for Orga

And funnily enough, this episode addressed the male interest part we were all discussing in the last episode thread haha

And dang Mika and Akihiko are really honest with the themselves and push themselves harder, I like it

Great episode

Seems next episode is going to be more exposition, forming new bonds, and getting back on their feet for the next stage of their journey, which is nice. If we see any action its going to be through the simulators, so nothing too serious
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 07:19   Link #19
bumbayker

Danji died too soon...
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 07:41   Link #20
kari-no-sugata II

I'll post some more thoughts later on the episode but for those wondering what "sakazuki" is, in this context it's a Yakuza term - when Teiwaz was first mentioned it was said that they operate like a mafia.

it's basically a way to officially form bonds in the Yakuza:
http://www.kyotojournal.org/the-jour...ider-outsider/
http://passionatefoodie.blogspot.co....ki-yakuza.html

Quote:
The Yakuza, often labeled the "Japanese Mafia," are members of traditional organized crime groups. The origin of the Yakuza extends back hundreds of years and their exact origin is shrouded in mystery and dispute. The Yakuza adopted a traditional hierarchy of "oyabun-kobun." The kobun (literally translated as "foster child") owes their allegiance to the oyabun (literally translated as "foster parent").

This relationship was formalized by a sakazuki-goto, sharing of Saké from a single cup. The kobun would keep the sakazaki as a sign of their loyalty to the oyabun. Those who perform sakazuki-goto with the oyabun are considered to be part of the immediate family and thus ranked in terms of elder or younger brothers. The kobun may perform also the sakazuki-goto with their own underlings. This creates small, affiliated gangs, which have a lower overall ranking in the larger organization. Many Japanese Yakuza movies depict sakazuki-goto scenes.
So if the Tekkadan officially become part of Teiwaz then Orga at least would need to do a sakazuki ceremony with the boss of Teiwaz.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote