Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-09-08, 23:26   Link #3121
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
It was Mic sensei who deduced there was a traitor.
I don't think the Director is the traitor but i do believe it's a possibility that we'll eventually learn that he was one of AFO experiments and assume he's the traitor.
Monoma is also a good candidate in my book.
But then again it can be anyone, heck for all we know AFO took Hagakure's Quirk and gave it to an spy girl, it's not like we know how Hagakure looks like.
Hagakure being spy is convenient one with that quirk she is basically undetectable. Nobody know what she doing in class she could just strip off her clothe and go naked in school all days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
IMO Monoma isn't a good candidate because he's a rather irrelevant character (I didn't even remember his name). If the author is drawing this out, it means he intends for the revelation to be shocking. It'll be a character we know well.
Monoma being spy is cheap twist, i hope he is not going turn villain rather it good if someday he will developed being a good character like Mirio.
I am sure he has a past why him overly acted jerk toward Class A although inferiorty complex might be case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
My god the villains need to hit gym and have a training arc these guys are embarrassing we going to upgrade to some villains who are actually good at fighting?
Overhaul just final boss for his mini arc nothing much to expected from him from beginning although i do dissapointed with how lame most villains has introduced in BnH so far except AFO.
Will BnH get a badass villain like Garou someday?
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 23:28   Link #3122
Galaxian

I honestly can't believe people are arguing that Mirio should have let Eri get shot. Putting aside the fact that neither we or Mirio know what the bullet would have done to Eri, ignoring the fact that Shin seemed to actually want to harm Eri, and that protecting a child at all cost should be a priority for all heroes, Mirio has be haunted by the knowledge that he already failed Eri once, and consciously doing it again would probably have broken him.

Personally, I loved the image of Mirio smiling as he took the bullet for Eri, it seemed like something right out of One Piece.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 23:56   Link #3123
Skaddix

AFO was the only legit one...I find this worse then Onepunchman yeah Saitama is OP but at least he is the only one who that absurd so a given big bad has a chance when matched up against a lesser hero. Here the villains are always getting worked by the heroes and I never get the sense that the villains might succeed even temporarily.

Well now the choice looks better because he so good he doesn't even need his powers to win cause the villains are terrible in fights.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 23:58   Link #3124
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Considering she is critical to their plan yeah I think the villains aren't going to try to land a kill on a tool they still need.
If you are in tight spot and in desperation, which route would you choose:

A) Your plan
B) Your survival
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-09, 00:51   Link #3125
Daft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Cause he is needs her alive and has repeatedly said as much?

He only took the bullet because he didn't want her to get hurt.l
Aren't you guys forgetting that Overhaul already said whether or not she dies doesn't matter? He told Mirio when he got custody of Eri that the only one who needs her alive between them in that situation is Mirio since Overhaul can just revive her after she dies from one of his attacks as he has done in past to put her in her place. That's why Mirio was trying so hard to protect her. It's expected Overhaul's side doesn't care about Eri getting caught in collateral damage. All he needs is her fresh corpse alongside Mirio's so he can continue making his getaway.

http://manga.fascans.com/manga/my-hero-academia/151/6
Old 2017-09-09, 02:38   Link #3126
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
AFO was the only legit one...I find this worse then Onepunchman yeah Saitama is OP but at least he is the only one who that absurd so a given big bad has a chance when matched up against a lesser hero. Here the villains are always getting worked by the heroes and I never get the sense that the villains might succeed even temporarily.

Well now the choice looks better because he so good he doesn't even need his powers to win cause the villains are terrible in fights.
One definitely more creative than Horikoshi to potrayed Superheroes society. His Villains and Heroes are vary and compound unlike Horikoshi which are bland to compared.
I suppose the problem lies on Horikoshi too obsessed to expand "Quirk" being main power hence restricted his heroes and villains design while ONE characters has many subpower such as Ninja, Robot, Alien, Artifical Super Human, Esper and a lot things hence allowed OPman world to truly reimage genuine Superhero society.
Old 2017-09-09, 02:48   Link #3127
Skaddix

I don't have a problem with BoH character design or quirk versatility. The problem is the heroes just always seem to outclass and abuse the villains. Like I thought All Might being the symbol of peace getting taken out would change the dynamic but sheesh they don't even need All Might. The villains are just outclassed totally in combat, organization, effectiveness. And spamming Nobus is not a reliable plan.
Old 2017-09-09, 03:37   Link #3128
Sixth
Hu Tao

To be fair you cannot have someone with one shot ability to have a good stat, martial art mastery, and actually competent because the story will ended immediately by having the villain won. That is why FacePalm dude battle will be anti climatic as well if he fought against Deku. It will be about Deku dodging his attacks for 5 chapters and then Deku finish it with his punch or kick.

Enemy with non-one shot ability tend to be more skilful and crafty ala Stain.
Old 2017-09-09, 04:26   Link #3129
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
I don't have a problem with BoH character design or quirk versatility. The problem is the heroes just always seem to outclass and abuse the villains. Like I thought All Might being the symbol of peace getting taken out would change the dynamic but sheesh they don't even need All Might. The villains are just outclassed totally in combat, organization, effectiveness. And spamming Nobus is not a reliable plan.
That probably because most villain has introduced so far are street level villains of course they are so easy outclassed but i am not denying Horikoshi is bad at handling his villains. They need more to show more power and teror rather being edgelord philosophy against superhero society which Horikoshi has stressed on
Regarding Overhaul his quirk is stupidly OP but his quirk only work from his palm hand hence pretty easy to outclassed him when you have great agility and phasing ability to dodge his attack like Mirio.
Old 2017-09-09, 06:43   Link #3130
Darius Drake

Quote:
Let's be fair, this should always be the case in a world like this. I believe that Marvel regularly ignores the existence of Shield, when it isn't being defencelessly torn apart by the villain in a big fight despite probably having done nothing yet. On DC's side, Batman regularly gets called up by Commissioner Gordon, but I suspect that Batman rarely calls them up for anything more than rounding up mooks. Hell, Marvel has the Avengers and DC has the Justice League, but do you see them having regular contact or actively trying to help each other solve crimes not as a whole group?

BNHA is more realistic in that it established a premise and ran with everything that the premise entailed. Heros here are a part of society and security, and are recognised as such. It makes sense for them to try to work together on issues when it's time to charge in. It makes sense for them to talk to the police and get them to help. It makes sense for them to try to act precisely when they are under the impression that they have a significant advantage.

If there's one thing that I have an issue with, it's that the students at UA are High School Students, and not College Age Students. I understand the "there's a school for that" Anime Trope, and that it's probably supposed to be considered a Technical College, but given that it seems to only have students for about three years, is split into expected courses, and that Medical Schools start at College Age, I feel it's reasonable to put this into question.

Quote:
To be fair you cannot have someone with one shot ability to have a good stat, martial art mastery, and actually competent because the story will ended immediately by having the villain won. That is why FacePalm dude battle will be anti climatic as well if he fought against Deku. It will be about Deku dodging his attacks for 5 chapters and then Deku finish it with his punch or kick.

You seem to be under the impression that the final fight against Shigaraki (facepalm guy) will be a big one-on-one fight sequence. In my view, even if it's a big fight sequence, it most certainly won't be one-on-one (it'll be group-on-group), and Deku might not be the one fighting Shigaraki, assuming that Shigaraki does stay in place and only fights against a single opponent instead of wandering through the combat zone swapping opponents regularly.

Additionally, I feel like this author is someone who would give the villians someone who's got a good quirk, martial skill and is actually competent. It's just that someone who fits those three criteria are less likely to follow Shigaraki than someone who is missing at least one (or more) of those fields, and would instead make their own group.

Overhaul is actually a good example of this. He's got a very powerful quirk, is highly competent and... okay, he seems like he might be low on the martial ability front, but it could just be his opponent, Togata (Lemillion) has enough skill to overwhelm his, as we know that Lemillion has a vast amount of martial ability, particularly at prediction. So we can't write Overhaul off on that, either. Anyway, he has, provably, created his own group and developed it beyond the Villain Alliance's current level, and probably beyond the future level of the Villain Alliance, though the Villain Alliance would likely have more, and be more reliant on, Quirk Users than Chisaki's (Overhaul's) Yakuza does.

Also, new thing. It was mentioned earlier that Deku might end up being given Lemillion's Cape. I disagreed. However, I want to raise a question. What piece of Hero Equipment would you have Deku pick up, should you be given a choice? Mine has been constant since the Sports Festival. I would give Deku either a Tower Shield or a collapsible steel shield. He's already shown in the Sports Festival that he can use something like a Tower Shield well. Sure, it doesn't fit his current fighting style overly much, and thus he would have to change it again, but we know that he'd be able to do it and might actually create his own consistent fighting style. As for the collapsible shield, the collapsing feature is unique enough that it wouldn't be considered stealing from someone else (a Cap A, if you will), and allow Deku to fight in whatever style he wants, while also being able to use or give away a shield for other's protection.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-09, 07:31   Link #3131
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post

You seem to be under the impression that the final fight against Shigaraki (facepalm guy) will be a big one-on-one fight sequence. In my view, even if it's a big fight sequence, it most certainly won't be one-on-one (it'll be group-on-group), and Deku might not be the one fighting Shigaraki, assuming that Shigaraki does stay in place and only fights against a single opponent instead of wandering through the combat zone swapping opponents regularly.
Well, my point is that as long as one-hit quirk is in play, the battle will boiled to how many hits that Deku can dodge before he defeat Shigaraki, and you can bet that Shigaraki will miss 99% of his attack. This made the whole fight...rather boring and bland.

Jojo Bizzare is the pioneer of this. Almost all Stand users were able to one-shot the main character teams, so you will get that the main character and his friends were dodging enemies attacks non-stop for few chapters until they figured the user's position or weakness of their power and then one-shot the enemies.

I really hope the next new villain in BHA will have better and flexible non-one shot quirk and is actually competent in melee fight.
Old 2017-09-09, 08:22   Link #3132
Darius Drake

^ That's the thing, though. The villains in this aren't being set up as if they're a threat in a straight up fight. They're being set up as terrorists. They're more dangerous when we don't know where they are than when we do. Additionally, I can see Shigaraki (again, Facepalm Guy) getting a few good hits in on whoever he's fighting in a final battle, before being taken out, as his attack isn't immediately fatal. He might not even get taken out by whoever he's fighting, but from someone coming up behind him in the middle of the fight.

You're complaint, to me at least, seems like a complaint about how Superman fights should be taken care of. After all, if both sides are hitting hard enough to knock the other person 50 to 100 meters and through a wall half-way through that distance, a single blow to the head should shake the brain enough that they're immediately knocked out, no matter how "durable" they're supposed to be.

In addition, how the Deku vs. fights will end up in the future, you can probably use the Deku vs. Kacchan fight as a basis. Dodging will be important, as it is in a real fight, but it will never be perfect unless you have an incredible advantage in the area. Hell, Lemillion does have an incredible advantage in that area, and he still had difficulty dodging after losing his quirk.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-09, 14:57   Link #3133
Skaddix

Quote:

Well Stain technically did have a one shot ability. Granted it required some setup for him to get it off but if he did he basically win every fight.

But only Stain, AFO and Nobu have been legit threats so far and to my mind that is not really good enough. And Nobu barely counts because its basically a construct with no personality or motivations.
Old 2017-09-09, 16:08   Link #3134
Waxman

Hm... One hit attacks... Oh like Muscular yeah i can see how such a fight might be boring for some people.
But i agree we will only get low quality villains for a while, i mean All Might retired what a few weeks ago? A little over a month? Overhaul is like the toe that test the water for the bad guys.
It will take more time for the villains to gain momentum, and it can be interesting if the Villain Alliance become a sort of anti-UA helping bad guys hone their skills.
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-09, 18:04   Link #3135
Skaddix

I never thought I have to say that the Villain needed a training arc.
Old 2017-09-10, 07:36   Link #3136
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I'm sad.. I should prepare to see Mirio's death but after this chapter I just don't want him to die

he might be lost his quirk forever but at least let him have a peaceful life with Eri as his loli waifu

please save the day, Deku... the villains are already weak enough
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 09:35   Link #3137
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I'm sad.. I should prepare to see Mirio's death but after this chapter I just don't want him to die

he might be lost his quirk forever but at least let him have a peaceful life with Eri as his loli waifu

please save the day, Deku... the villains are already weak enough
Eri as Mirio waifu is impossible seeing that Deku is going to save both Eri and Mirio, not to mentioned that the one who reach out to Eri 1st was deku, no matter how much Mirio try to redeem himself, at that time, in that place, he choose to abandon her to make thing go smoother

Frankly, I don't really feel much when Mirio lose his quirk, partly because I don't like him, the other being I think it's just him getting his own serve. He knew that Overhaul is the criminal and a little girl is running from him away in fear, and he still choose to let the girl go back to him. This completely disqualify him in my eyes, I see him no different from the normal heroes who does it for achievement, not that is wrong, people need work, but clearly He isn't cut from the same cloth as All Might or Deku, and Nighteye must be serious blind to actually think Mirio deserve OFA
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 11:01   Link #3138
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Saying he should have let Eri get hit with the bullet would ruin the story and the character's integrity. Frankly if thats hard to understand i just dont know with ppl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
One definitely more creative than Horikoshi to potrayed Superheroes society. His Villains and Heroes are vary and compound unlike Horikoshi which are bland to compared.
I suppose the problem lies on Horikoshi too obsessed to expand "Quirk" being main power hence restricted his heroes and villains design while ONE characters has many subpower such as Ninja, Robot, Alien, Artifical Super Human, Esper and a lot things hence allowed OPman world to truly reimage genuine Superhero society.
But ONE's universe is greatly exaggerated and outrageous with the main purpose of being comedic in nature with a hint of seriousness. None of it really makes any sense. There's no depth to it.

Horikoshi's world is put in a more realistic nature with a hint of comedy
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 11:12   Link #3139
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
But ONE's universe is greatly exaggerated and outrageous with the main purpose of being comedic in nature with a hint of seriousness. None of it really makes any sense.

Horikoshi's world is put in a more realistic nature with a hint of comedy
Comedy is genre, that has nothing to do with the world building.
True Superheroes universe are exaggerated and outrageous that is it.
If you think ONE universe is not to be taken serious then i can bring you another example concrete revolutio superhuman phantasmagoria where it has realistic nature like BnH but more plural and diversified as ONE universe.
Old 2017-09-10, 11:23   Link #3140
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Comedy is genre, that has nothing to do with the world building.
True Superheroes universe are exaggerated and outrageous that is it.
If you think ONE universe is not to be taken serious then i can bring you another example concrete revolutio superhuman phantasmagoria where it has realistic nature like BnH but more plural and diversified as ONE universe.
just because it's the genre doesn't these sorts of things arent affected by it.

I also don't think concrete revolutio is as down to earth as BNHA. Sure theres the seriousness but I wouldnt put it as realistic. Then again I didnt get that far in CR

But Horikoshi wants something more central and focused that can he can explore. its a mixture of a manga and superhero setting
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot