AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-03-25, 05:21   Link #1461
Keila

Whilst I can agree that the Mei/Reaper changes will have some effect on tanks, it's not a strictly anti-tank buff.

• Mei's free is just area denial (in a better form) which just lets her get into a melee and make a difference.

• Reaper's changes (specifically the movespeed and selective cancel) more him into more of an assassin: can't out run him and even if you get him low he's definitely going to get out of dodge, similar to Tracer/Sombra. The net result should just be more Reapers dropping into fights from above because he now has a viable escape, or using him to execute players. It just allows him to go deep and get into melee range (the only range he's realistically useful for) without fear of overextending.

Zen's changes are significantly more damaging than D.Va's, both (effectively) diminish their ability to 'snipe' squishies but D.Va still at least has her general 'tankiness' to fall back on, even in a 'non-dive' composition the defense matrix is invaluable for soaking up various projectiles, where-as Zen with less sniping ability is crippling.
Old 2018-03-25, 06:17   Link #1462
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keila View Post
Whilst I can agree that the Mei/Reaper changes will have some effect on tanks, it's not a strictly anti-tank buff.
I agree, but these buffs were being hinted at for some time now by Geoff Goodman specifically as preventative measure in case of a "Brigitte/Moira/Quad-Tank meta".
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-02, 19:22   Link #1463
Tokkan

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Uprising mission coming back.
The event is now called Archives.
New skins including one for our favourite Shimada brother (guess which one).
New mission, title apparently given through hint in Jeff's final words ("Retribution").
Watch OWL this Wednesday for a new video.
Old 2018-04-03, 08:50   Link #1464
George_Louis

I tried the new game mode, love it.

If 'Team Mei' is competent and works together they're never going to lose, but given that in 'public' games you're always going to have those 'yolo' type players who want to be a hero the Winston has a massive chance at winning
Looking at the best college paper writing service at essay-company.com is exactly what you need because our reviews will help you to find a cheap and reliable writing service that will not let you down!
George_Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-05, 02:10   Link #1465
Tokkan

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

New PvE mission coming for the Archives event. Featuring a new map, Rialto, that's set in Venice, Italy. A PvP version of this map is planned to be added to the QP/comp map pool as a payload map, though the PvP version is coming later (planned for PTR testing alongside the upcoming Hanzo changes).

Reaper will also be getting a Soldier:24 skin.

Both the Uprising and Retribution missions will have story and all-heroes modes available, so either the arcade mode will be 80% PvE for the duration of the event or they've done some creative UI work.

Apparently the all-heroes version of Retribution will be more dynamic than Uprising.
Old 2018-04-06, 19:24   Link #1466
Keila

Watching the Overwatch League is just getting depressing.

You'd expect 'pro' players to be smart enough not to bash their head into a wall over and over and yet we're still seeing things like 'dive vs dive' on payload maps and even hybrid (assault) type maps.
Old 2018-04-07, 18:12   Link #1467
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
New PvE mission coming for the Archives event...
It occurs to me that these would be nice to have playable year-round, but special rewards would only crop up during events.

Quote:
Apparently the all-heroes version of Retribution will be more dynamic than Uprising.
Which would be welcome. Aside from slight changes to the map proper, this might also include different OPFOR packages.

On another note: deviantArt, among other places, is home to quite a few 'what if?' skins, such as Blackwatch!Morrison & Talon!Tracer. I could see these being incorporated into the game in the form of rewards from a series of 'What Could have Been...' missions that could be added to the Halloween event...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 10:34   Link #1468
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
It occurs to me that these would be nice to have playable year-round, but special rewards would only crop up during events.

Which would be welcome. Aside from slight changes to the map proper, this might also include different OPFOR packages.

On another note: deviantArt, among other places, is home to quite a few 'what if?' skins, such as Blackwatch!Morrison & Talon!Tracer. I could see these being incorporated into the game in the form of rewards from a series of 'What Could have Been...' missions that could be added to the Halloween event...
You mean AU versions of Overwatch and Talon like this?

Old 2018-04-08, 13:11   Link #1469
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
You mean AU versions of Overwatch and Talon like this?

-video redacted-
Why yes, things like that. I note, too, that the creator of this clip went above and beyond in some places. Swapping Morrison and Reyes is pretty obvious, but it was a bit surprising to see Zeigler with Sombra's kit, and not too long after that what appears to be Zarya with Mercy's gear and Widowmaker wearing Ana's duty uniform (a not-immediately-obvious, but 'sensible' swap, given that both are sharpshooters). Bonus: the Morrison seen at 1:44 sort-of exists ingame already (the 'Grillmaster 76 skin).
Old 2018-04-17, 00:07   Link #1470
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Anyone else finding Uprising a hell of a lot harder than Retribution?
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-17, 10:31   Link #1471
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Anyone else finding Uprising a hell of a lot harder than Retribution?
yes especially at the end, Reinhardt players are critical.
Old 2018-04-19, 17:49   Link #1472
Tokkan

PvP Rialto and Hanzo rework on PTR.

Hanzo Rework:
-Projectile speed increased from 85 to 100
-Sonic Arrow CD reduced to 12 seconds (was 20), duration reduced to 6 seconds (was 10), radius reduced to 6m (was 10)
-Storm Arrows: New Ability, replaces Scatter Arrow. The next 6 shots have no charge time (full auto fire) but have reduced damage. 8 second CD.
-Lunge: New ability, press jump button while mid-air to lunge in a direction of your input. 4 second CD (first jump ability to have a CD).

Also some Junkrat, Tracer and Genji nerfs and some Lucio buffs.

Junkrat:
-Projectile size reduced to 0.2 (was 0.3)
-RIP-Tire speed reduced to 12 (was 13)

Tracer:
-Pulse Bomb damage reduced to 300 (was 400)

Genji:
-Deflect hitbox reduced

Lucio:
-Can now Wallride around corners
-Can now Wallride on the same wall after leaping off of it, provided he's far enough away from his leap off point.
-Wallride less likely to be interrupted
-Booping no longer uses ammo

Last edited by Tokkan; 2018-04-19 at 18:35.
Old 2018-04-19, 20:52   Link #1473
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post

Tracer:
-Pulse Bomb damage reduced to 300 (was 400)
I swear it never seems like I do dmg with that and always end up killing myself.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 21:00   Link #1474
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I swear it never seems like I do dmg with that and always end up killing myself.
I never get kills with it either. I'm a bad tracer.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 00:18   Link #1475
Tokkan

A rework is coming to Symmetra and Geoff Goodman has been highlighting what it currently looks like in internal tests.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/ov...upport/81544/2

Symmetra will be moved to the Defense category, will no longer be considered a "Support".
Her turrets will now be fired like rockets in stead of being placed manually. Upon impact they will stick the surface and deploy like normal. They will also have more health (30HP each instead of 1HP each), do more damage and cause more slowdown but the max she can have out at one time is reduced to 3.

Primary fire will no longer be lock-on, will instead be a straight beam with longer range and greater thickness. It will take 2 seconds of continuous fire to increase the damage level of the beam instead instead of 1, but damage has been increased from 30/60/120 DPS to 65/130/195 DPS. Damaging barriers with primary fire will have Sym regenerate ammo instead of spending it, which will make her very effective against heroes that use barriers.

Alternate fire will have its charge time reduced by half and projectile speed increased but it will no longer pierce enemies; it will instead explode on impact, dealing area damage. Damage is still being iterated on but currently direct hits do 130-ish damage.

Teleporter will be her E instead of her Ultimate. It will work like a version of Reaper's Shadow Step that can be shared with her teammates, though it will have less distance to work with. She will able to place an exit up to 25 metres in front of her and upon use will place the entrance right in front of her (the entrance can thus now be attacked by enemies). Teleporter health will be reduced to 300, the teleporter will now have a short duration and if one side of the teleporter (exit or entrance) is destroyed, the other will also be gone as well. They're still working on what can and can't be sent through the teleporter but currently in testing things like Torb turrets, exploding D.Va mechs and Junkrat tires can be sent through.

Her Ultimate will be a heavy rework of her current E ability "Photon Barrier" and instead of being a moving barrier it will be a stationary barrier with an effectively infinite size that has 5000 health; it will be placed like a Mei wall. Because of its effective infinite size, it can even be placed from within spawn and still be useful, much like a Hanzo ult. (Shield Generator will be removed from the game.)

All of this is subject to change and we probably won't be seeing the rework for a while because they are still working on the visuals.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2018-04-28 at 00:32.
Old 2018-04-29, 00:45   Link #1476
Keila

Putting the 'weak' ultimate aside that version of Symmetra seems insanely broken. She sounds like this weird 'bastard child' of Zarya/Moira, Pharah/Junkrat and Reaper rolled into one

Pharah Rockets deal ~ 120 damage for direct impacts (granted they have no charge time) and 'firing turrets' like rockets just seems like a modified concussion blast.

4 seconds to max out the beam and effectively 1hko squishies with what will seemingly be a moira style tentacle laser just seems really unbalanced. Maybe you won't be able to just 'lock-on' to a Tracer/Genji and melt them, but you're not really going to care if you get into a team fight and you can just wave around what is now this insanely lethal laser sword.

Her ultimately ability (as fun as a 5000 hp Mei Wall is) just sounds like it would be a Widowmaker shield unless it has some sort of timer on it. The shield prevents being 'counter-sniped', placing it way back means many heroes will suffer 'damage drop off' if they try to attack the shield (so it'd stay up even longer). Even if your entire team tried to focus fire down the shield, chipping away at 5000 hp with minimum damage whilst getting sniped freely by a Widowmaker does not sound like fun.
Old 2018-05-08, 20:49   Link #1477
Keila

For those of us who can afford to donate to charity: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21758132

Remember, it's a donation (and you get the skin as a gift). You're not buying the skin. 100% of funds go to the charity.
Old 2018-05-08, 23:17   Link #1478
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
For those of us who can afford to donate to charity: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21758132

Remember, it's a donation (and you get the skin as a gift). You're not buying the skin. 100% of funds go to the charity.
Actually, you ARE buying a skin lol. It's in the Blizzard shop; and it's taxed and everything (for me). At least it's tax-deductible...I think.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 01:54   Link #1479
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Actually, you ARE buying a skin lol. It's in the Blizzard shop; and it's taxed and everything (for me). At least it's tax-deductible...I think.
Alright, I'll rephrase

" Blizzard Entertainment will donate 100% the proceeds that it receives from all Pink Mercy skin sales to BCRF "
Old 2018-05-18, 21:07   Link #1480
Firefly00

Quote:

-image redacted-
A quality figure of that is in order. I also notice they went and gave her... twintails; this is not a bad thing.

It's also come to my attention that the anniversary event is on the horizon, and here's a look at two of the new skins in the offing...

First, if they replace that teal with dark blue... well, anyone else remember a certain ruthless organization determined to rule the world...? And second, still waiting for a 'Skywarp' (black w/purple accents) Tracer skin. Trust me, it'd fit.

Tags
blizzard, first person shooter