AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-07-03, 03:44   Link #41
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Agree on the fast pacing. Now even without reading the manga tough I have to imagine since this is an 8-people tournament we need to go through a total of 7 matches, 6 to go now. The next three are likely to get less focus (perhaps we'll stop a bit more on Megumi's), but I hope the pacing means simply that it will get back to Season 1 levels in time for the finals. In a sense it seems to me they're pulling an Ushio & Tora - speeding up the beginning to save their episode count for the juicy parts.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 07:43   Link #42
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Hype levels are through the roof with this first episode that already decided a winner by the end! Unheard of lol. Alice did a good job making cool-looking food, but Soma ultimately made food people would ACTUALLY eat. I'm glad to see this series again. The interaction between Soma and Alice are real fun.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 07:44   Link #43
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Hype levels are through the roof with this first episode that already decided a winner by the end! Unheard of lol. Alice did a good job making cool-looking food, but Soma ultimately made food people would ACTUALLY eat. I'm glad to see this series again. The interaction between Soma and Alice are real fun.
Oh make no mistake people would eat Alice's food too. her problem was she didnt make a bento. She made what looked like a bento instead of appreciating the art of a bento. That was the old mans point

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 11:41   Link #44
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Actually, I kinda wonder how they'd work as bentos in a shop. Alice's is simple. Put a lid on the box and you're good to go.

But for Souma's... Do you sell a whole stainless steel lunch jar every time? Maybe put a deposit on them?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 16:00   Link #45
LG-MAX 2.o

is hard to say what seems more delicious in this series, if the food or the girls.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 18:28   Link #46
ghost013

Finally got around to watching the first episode, and no one was kidding when they said the pacing was incredibly fast. I was sort of counting the number of seconds each shot took before changing to the next one and on average, each shot was about 5 seconds. There was also alot of panning as well.

Now that being said, the animation quality was still quite decent but I think one of favorite moments got lost due to the rushed pacing. The scene where after Alice serves her dish, the students feel overwhelmed by Alice's talent but Souma continues cooking regardless. You don't quite feel that moment in this episode since they quickly move on.

Edit: Also someone needs to make a gif of the old men doing the ring around the rosy scene.
Old 2016-07-03, 19:56   Link #47
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Wow, this is rushed but to hell with it, I miss the foodgasms.
Old 2016-07-04, 00:26   Link #48
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So, this time, Soma's grand-plan was inspired by Dagashi? Hotaru and the Shikada family will be proud of him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost013 View Post
The scene where after Alice serves her dish, the students feel overwhelmed by Alice's talent but Souma continues cooking regardless. You don't quite feel that moment in this episode since they quickly move on.
I'm not a manga-reader (yet) but I actually caught that part the first time I watched the episode since they show glimpses of how Soma continue cooking during Alice's presentation. It's quick and subtle but enough to get the point across IMO.
Old 2016-07-04, 13:24   Link #49
GDB

The main problem with the pacing was just that it never gave you time to take in the comments or truly appreciate what was being said about the dish. It was just thing after another with no cool down.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 14:44   Link #50
Darthtabby

The pacing worked fine for me.

Did I ever mention during the first season how absolutely adorable Alice is? I don't think I did. Sure she's got complexes, but I think those may actually be part of what makes her so endearing.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 21:35   Link #51
RPGcaster

I dunno, I was a fan of the pacing. I mean sure it was a little rushed, but if it means that we get to see beyond the arc after the arc following the tourney, then it's well worth it imo :P

And in hindsight, I suppose Alice's fight isn't as important as the others in the tourney~

EDIT: Also, am glad the skipped the little filler story in the manga with the kids... really glad!
RPGcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 22:46   Link #52
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I can understand the pacing. 4 quarterfinals, 2 semis, and 1 grand final, that's 7 matches to cover within a cour (and I bet grand finals will take 2 episodes to cover). To be honest, I was more of a fan of the character interactions than the actually Shokugeki's itself, so the faster they can get this tournament over with, the happier I am...

...nah, that's an absolute lie. I'm more of a Mayumi fan (and half an Erina fan), and considering the former is still in the district and the latter is not participating, the odds of them appearing on screen during the tourney is very low. Next arc please!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 02:00   Link #53
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Megumi vs Kurokiba is like 2007 Cavs vs 2015 Warriors.
Old 2016-07-05, 03:11   Link #54
Chosen_Hero

Next episode Jojo cooking version.
Old 2016-07-06, 03:12   Link #55
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It was a fun first episode. The pacing was very fast, but I think it works in favor of the show, precisely because it was an opening episode: you get a full fight right away, so maybe they'll slow down with Ryou and Megumi...maybe. If they do keep it up to an entire fight per episode, I am afraid that the covered material will be delivered on fickle structure.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-06, 05:08   Link #56
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

i really think there really should be half episode of isshiki filler episode and half to introduce mysterious guy and briefing top 8 in episode 1 just to build hype. and episode 2 vs alice in slower pace
alice just lost in extremely fast pace with no build up whatsoever
Old 2016-07-06, 08:08   Link #57
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
i really think there really should be half episode of isshiki filler episode and half to introduce mysterious guy and briefing top 8 in episode 1 just to build hype. and episode 2 vs alice in slower pace
yea thats the problem a lot of people have

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-06, 08:55   Link #58
RDNexus

Guys, remember... This IS only 1cour.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-06, 09:45   Link #59
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
Mysterious guy hadn't even been introduced in the manga yet at this point in the story. So not introducing him yet is actually being faithful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Guys, remember... This IS only 1cour.
And? Just because there's a reason for the fast pace doesn't magically make it not an issue.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-06, 09:55   Link #60
Sixth
Hu Tao

I remember the time Soma Vs Alice in the manga almost made the manga thread exploded. The tension was...there.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking