AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-09-19, 07:33   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 918 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time again! Summary is out courtesy of AP's Redon and YonkouProductions:

-Chapter title is "Luffytarou Returns the Favor". As for the ministory, it looks like it ends this chapter, and features Cavendish, Bartolomeo, and Sai (wonder if the latter's involvement means this takes place before or after the Reverie?).

-After taking down Holdem, Luffy goes after Speed next! He hops on her and tries to ride her like a normal horse, but the Gifter won't yield to him so easily, and tries to shake him off! It's here that Otama lends her assistance: She feeds Speed one of her kibidango via her ability, which soon "tames" the headliner enough that Luffy can safely ride her now! After breaking in Speed, Luffy orders her to bring the treasure ship of food to the starving villagers. Tama tries to tell Luffy that his Red Hawk technique reminded her of Ace, but as he can't hear her, she decides to keep the words to herself....

-Meanwhile, back to Law vs. Hawkins, the latter pirate activates his Room, and uses Shambles to slice apart Hawkins! However, the magician pirate evades the attack with his own ability, switching places with another of his minions. It's at this point that Law's face gets exposed, and the two pirates have a brief talk. Law admits he's not trying to actually kill Hawkins, but rather trying to scare him off. However, during their chat, Hawkins receives the news of Holdem's defeat, which worries Law since this means this news will inevitably reach Jack....

-Soon, Luffy's group comes along with the food cart, and Law uses this opportunity to hop aboard and escape! Luffy then distributes fresh food and water to the people of Bakura village, telling them that this is repayment for the kindness Tama showed him earlier..... and yet, he still demands meat from them, heh. As the villagers celebrate their feast, Hawkins is in contact with someone, reporting the current situation. Luffy then cheers up Tama further, telling her that as long as he's around, the villagers will never starve again.... another aspect of his that reminds the little girl of Ace.

-Law is annoyed by the rubber man's usual reckless behavior, but tells him that they need to get going to the mountain range where Kouzuki Oden's castle is located, where they'll meet the "Ghosts of Wano" at the castle's cemetery. Zoro says he visited the cemetery before, and was shocked when he first saw it. It turns out that tomb contains an unbelievable truth..... as there are gravestones which belong not only to Kouzuki Oden, but also Kinemon, Momonosuke, Kanjurou, and Raizou.....!!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2018-09-22 at 15:14.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-19, 07:55   Link #2
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

so pretty sure this means hawkins will end up helping the SH
Old 2018-09-19, 11:21   Link #3
Hoodspirit

The cemetry has the names of Kanjuro, Kinemon, Oden, Momonosuke, and Raizou and probably a few more. looks like 8 graves in total.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-19, 11:38   Link #4
grecefar

I wonder if otama can tame zoan types?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-19, 13:00   Link #5
marvelB

Okay, updated with extra details + pics! Huh, so it looks like Kinemon's group may actually be ghosts, eh? Interesting.... if true, then this means that Momo's earlier claim of meeting with Gol D. Roger makes all the more sense. I wonder if this means the mink tribe (or at least Inuarashi and Nekomamushi) were aware of this all along....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-19, 16:27   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Tama can even tame smile users? That makes her ability even more useful.

Were there any hints about Kinemon and the others' true identities in previous chapters? Are they able to remain in the human world because of a DF ability or is it plain supernatural stuff? Anything's possible with One Piece.
Old 2018-09-19, 20:58   Link #7
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Oooh, this is interesting. Looks like Law want Straw Hat to visit Oden's graveyard. Maybe we can find the poneglyph there and get the copy or Robin may already there.

Still, i start to suspect that Tama's ability may affect all of animal type though i'm aware that if Kaku or Lucci was there they may have some resistance. Kaku was a giraffe and Lucci was a Leopard i think? If guys from CP-0 dispatched there then it makes sense.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-19, 22:49   Link #8
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Okay, updated with extra details + pics! Huh, so it looks like Kinemon's group may actually be ghosts, eh? Interesting.... if true, then this means that Momo's earlier claim of meeting with Gol D. Roger makes all the more sense. I wonder if this means the mink tribe (or at least Inuarashi and Nekomamushi) were aware of this all along....?
Er, not sure how that's possible unless ghosts in the One Piece world can get hungry. I mean, Momo ended up getting his fake-dragon powers on Punk Hazard...
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-19, 23:49   Link #9
The Small One

Just because there are graves for them, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are inside.
It could very well be, that they just faked their deaths to escape and set their plan in motion. We'll surely know in a few chapters…
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-20, 07:43   Link #10
Hoodspirit

The tombstones do look ooooold, like the full 20 years old. It's not much of a problem for the retainers, but Momo is just '8 years old'.
Why would anyone make a grave for someone who hasn't been born or even conceived yet?
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-20, 08:33   Link #11
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
The tombstones do look ooooold, like the full 20 years old. It's not much of a problem for the retainers, but Momo is just '8 years old'.
Why would anyone make a grave for someone who hasn't been born or even conceived yet?
Maybe there is a person who has DF ability of making a "spirit body" and manifest it then preserve the original body inside the grave. I think we may encounter a higher tier from Horo Horo no mi that was eaten by Perona on upcoming chapters.

Judging by Perona's ability that can separate her spirit from her body, i have a hunch that we may encounter a higher tier later.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-20, 10:00   Link #12
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

probably Gol D Roger is buried in Wano Country
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 12:28   Link #13
Rainbowman

Quite hilarious that Luffy had that rodeo with Speed (and I use that term loosely). Hawkins is superior than Law in skill. With those tombstones, what was the truth behind them?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 23:01   Link #14
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Quite hilarious that Luffy had that rodeo with Speed (and I use that term loosely). Hawkins is superior than Law in skill. With those tombstones, what was the truth behind them?
I know this is crazy, but I think the names in those tombstones are actually titles of persons previously bearing them. Who knows, the Momo and the men of Wano in Zou actually have different real names or maybe they are different persons and the real ones are dead?

We will know more about the tombstones later, but man, this is a truly shocking revelation indeed.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 07:45   Link #15
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
I know this is crazy, but I think the names in those tombstones are actually titles of persons previously bearing them. Who knows, the Momo and the men of Wano in Zou actually have different real names or maybe they are different persons and the real ones are dead?

We will know more about the tombstones later, but man, this is a truly shocking revelation indeed.
They might have faked their deaths because I can't imagine an actual ghost existing outside of Devil Fruit powers and superstition.

Of course, Momo's name might very well have been passed on to him or something. Depends on what the next chapters reveal in regards to details. Otsuru stated that Orochi turned traitor on them within twenty years ago, yet Momonosuke looks no older than eight-ish.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote