AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-20, 23:23   Link #1
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Assassin's Creed 2

So, anyone else playing this? I just beat the game and wow. It is like all the conspiracy theorist in the world got together and made a game, lol.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 01:33   Link #2
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Is there any replay value in the game?

Like can you skip cutscenes? I mean first time around sure no problem (I mean for story sake), second time though it's just for the actions and such so I was wondering because that was the problem with the first one. You played it through and it just bored the heck out of me if I tried playing it a second time through.

When I played Arkham Asylum I watched every cutscene without cutting it but after playing it several times more there wasn't any point except for a few others.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 04:35   Link #3
Gin
*Artist

^Yeah, I'm a little worried about the replay value as well. The first game was great, but after I finished it I had no interest in playing it again. The game play was just a little bit to repetitive.
Old 2009-11-21, 11:09   Link #4
TigerII
Pilot in Training

The combat has been greatly increased, as well as mission types. The missions are mostly different from each other. Glyphs and Codecs actually give you a reason to find collectibles(Not a lame flag that does nothing). Some cut scenes you can skip, but I think cut scenes the game defines are important you can't. Not a really bad thing though. Most of the cut scenes are shot except for a few early on.

For replay value, I would recommend a rent. The game is fun, don't get me wrong. Your first play through will be amazing just because of the scenery. They took so many Italian buildings in this. It is just once you beat the game and do everything, there isn't really any point to start over. With U-play you can get a few more missions and DLC is expected in the future.
Old 2009-11-21, 13:29   Link #5
Sciel
Etoilé

Game is great . Easily worth the $60 i paid .
Essentially its AC1 with better characters , better plot(last 1 hour of the game made me go lol though) , less repetitiveness . Oh and the color pallete is no longer all white/white-grayish .
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 14:16   Link #6
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I was think I was right not to buy this one release. I'm just going to borrow it from a friend.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 21:53   Link #7
Statonxyb
hrm

Hopefully I can find some deals involving this during Black Friday.

Really want to pick this up but don't have much money to spend with school and all.
Old 2009-11-22, 06:46   Link #8
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I just watched my friend play this for seven hours straight, and it looks SO FUCKING AWESOME.

That is all.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 06:50   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I found that there was quite a bit of reply value in the first game, so i'm all for the second. Will hopefully pick it up next weekend when i have the money. Love what i've seen of it so far though.
Old 2009-11-22, 09:50   Link #10
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I found that there was quite a bit of reply value in the first game, so i'm all for the second. Will hopefully pick it up next weekend when i have the money. Love what i've seen of it so far though.
There are TONS of things to do in the second game

Spending money to upgrade your town, collecting feathers, assassination side quests, courier quests, and my personal favorite- 'Unlocking the Truth' side quest.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 12:23   Link #11
TigerII
Pilot in Training

The unlocking the Truth vids were crazy. The files in the puzzles were pretty wild too.

Spoiler for Spoiler about the World War II glyph:
Old 2009-11-22, 15:43   Link #12
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
The combat has been greatly increased, as well as mission types. The missions are mostly different from each other. Glyphs and Codecs actually give you a reason to find collectibles(Not a lame flag that does nothing). Some cut scenes you can skip, but I think cut scenes the game defines are important you can't. Not a really bad thing though. Most of the cut scenes are shot except for a few early on.
Oh so there are some cutscenes that you can skip?

Huh, I think I'll wait for Yahgtzee on Zero Punctuation to tear this game apart (and give me an idea if it's worth it for me or not). His beef with the game was about the cutscenes and how the characters just kept on blabbling and babbling and you couldn't skip it.

Quote:

For replay value, I would recommend a rent. The game is fun, don't get me wrong. Your first play through will be amazing just because of the scenery. They took so many Italian buildings in this. It is just once you beat the game and do everything, there isn't really any point to start over. With U-play you can get a few more missions and DLC is expected in the future.
Well I'm a PC gamer so I don't rent. I have a PS3 console but very rarely do I play console games.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 23:36   Link #13
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

do u guys noe how to collect point for uplay i just bought the game awhile ago
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 00:28   Link #14
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
do u guys noe how to collect point for uplay i just bought the game awhile ago
You will accumulate them as you progress thru the story. Plus another 10 points for signing up.
Old 2009-11-26, 01:05   Link #15
Statonxyb
hrm

Beat it the other day and I am thoroughly impressed.

Now the wait for the next in the series to begin. (((((
Old 2009-11-26, 02:09   Link #16
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodearth View Post
You will accumulate them as you progress thru the story. Plus another 10 points for signing up.
thanks 'm trying to get altair's outfit for the game coz the new one looks too fancy for my taste
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 01:52   Link #17
Metaler

I've been playing this game for a while now, and it's a thousand times better than the previous one. And the story is a complete mindfuck. xD
Quote:
thanks 'm trying to get altair's outfit for the game coz the new one looks too fancy for my taste
I think the new outfit is pretty cool. ^^
I like that cape. It's very stylish. xD
Metaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 04:17   Link #18
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I'm in love with this game. It's a million times better than the first game, which was already brilliant, although the replay value in that one wasn't all that great and the ending left me with the most epic cliffhanger ever. I haven't gotten so far in the game yet cuz of time-constraints but so far, I'm loving every second of gameplay this game is offering, and I can see myself replaying this game a lot of times. Ubisoft is the best at what it does, and this game is proof.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 13:55   Link #19
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I'm ready for the third game already, lol. I assume we will now play Desmond, and I am guessing we will be looking for other vaults. Should be interesting to see how modern firearms will be implemented.
Old 2009-12-01, 14:21   Link #20
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Seeing as how the games are based on the book which is a trilogy. I really hope Ubisoft will keep it a trilogy itself and not go off track like most are doing today. I bought the masters edition of the game when it first came out, but lately I haven't been able to play it way to much because of work and when I do have free time, Modern Warfare 2 seems to take up all my time since I enjoy playing with friends.

But just like TigerII said, I would really love to see how they would implement modern technology into the game.
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, ps3, sandbox, ubisoft, windows, xbox360