AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-10, 04:45   Link #41
kyosak
poo

So are any of the routes particularly memorable aside from the true end everyone keeps talking about? I picked this up again this past week. Hopefully I'll be motivated enough to beat it before the animation rolls around, whenever that will be.
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 08:35   Link #42
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
So are any of the routes particularly memorable aside from the true end everyone keeps talking about? I picked this up again this past week. Hopefully I'll be motivated enough to beat it before the animation rolls around, whenever that will be.
Well as we've all said the True ending is the best, but imo the Erika and Kiriha routes are just behind, followed by Shiro. Haruna's route was nice, but to be honest I found Kaede's route a bit "meh," and............didn't finish it. So I'm not the best person to answer on that one.
Old 2010-04-10, 12:00   Link #43
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Well as we've all said the True ending is the best, but imo the Erika and Kiriha routes are just behind, followed by Shiro. Haruna's route was nice, but to be honest I found Kaede's route a bit "meh," and............didn't finish it. So I'm not the best person to answer on that one.
Wait ...since the True End path requires for all the other ones to be finished first, you couldn't have really avoided Kanade's path for it Personally i think the paths can be grouped in the "very good ones" and "not so good ones" here, with Erika, Kiriha and Haruna belonging to the former, and Shiro and Kanade belonging to the later (Kanade much more so, which was the low point of writing in the title and felt little besides being an afterthought), although the issues in both of those paths should be very easy to avoid in an anime adoption, ironically. Anyways, this is getting kinda off-topic for the thread (Which should be about the anime ), so we should stop. Feel free to use PMs/VMs for any further questions on the subject though ... this also made me recall the fact i had written my impressions about the VN on a blog after finishing it (Which was more than a year back), and i believe i tried to keep it spoiler free, although i might have said a wee bit too much at some points, so i won't post the link here; anyone interested can ask me directly about it though

Now, back on topic ...

Last edited by Skyfall; 2010-04-10 at 12:25.
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 18:42   Link #44
KBTKaiser

While those pictures are good, the profile text is a bit spoilerish since it comes from the visual fanbook.

Next up, the white haired Shiro.

Tougi Shiro
B-day: February 19th
Blood type: A
Height: 145 cm
Sizes: 70A-51-82

A 4th year student(10 Grade Sophomore). The shy and the most recognizable one. From her color and appearance, she gives an aura of extremely fine glasswork.

Despite being part of the student council due to an invite by the secretary and her older brother Seiichirou, she's absent from afterschool activities due to not being used to group activities.

Not matter what the occasion, her brother's words and suggestions overrides all priority.

It'll take some effort to hold a steady conversation with her since she tends to clam up and think.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 01:48   Link #45
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Wait ...since the True End path requires for all the other ones to be finished first, you couldn't have really avoided Kanade's path for it ...
Actually, you can. Game save files on the net.
Old 2010-04-12, 07:02   Link #46
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Actually, you can. Game save files on the net.
Hmm... in my opinion, that would be compared to playing the entirety of the route with your eyes closed. Or with your finger on the skip button, only to click on the proper choices. Or both, even. (No offense intended, really.)

Then again, to each his own. It's not the first time I've heard people say that Kanade's story was the weakest among the cast.

Despite whatever happened to the last August game-adaptation, I still have high hopes for this particular show. Even moreso when I saw that the anime art seems to be much closer to Bekkoukan's style than usual, and the same people who did Otoboku and Da Capo II are doing this show, iirc.

Yeah, one of the people who liked Da Capo here.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 16:39   Link #47
KBTKaiser

Next on the list, the dark haired beauty.

Kuze Kiriha
B-day: November 21st
Blood type: AB
Height: 164.4 cm
Sizes: 88D-57-86

The protagonist's classmate. Always seen sitting alone in the classroom, but never seem to give the feeling of being lonely. Occasionally, if talked to, she will reply with the minimum words needed to communicate.

Her looks and proportion are both top notch.

Refuses to make any effort if the subject does not interest her. Given the feeling of boredom, her subject grades are all borderline. However, she seems to be a complete genius in math, being no.1 in the entire school for the subject. Erika, the top composite grade, dislikes this and considers it a point of contention. Kiriha does not care much for the rivalry though.
Old 2010-04-13, 01:53   Link #48
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Hmm... in my opinion, that would be compared to playing the entirety of the route with your eyes closed. Or with your finger on the skip button, only to click on the proper choices. Or both, even. (No offense intended, really.)

Then again, to each his own. It's not the first time I've heard people say that Kanade's story was the weakest among the cast.
What does it matter if I use prepped save data, if I still actually play the game for myself? It's not like I held down the skip button and didn't read a single word through all the routes. I just used prepped save data so I could get to the true route sooner, since people said it was good.
Old 2010-04-13, 05:56   Link #49
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I was looking for some videos and i found a nice song :

[mod edit: I love that song, but sorry -- not allowed to link to any sort of CD rips here, even from Youtube...]

Seems that it's the game/VN ED .

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-04-13 at 15:48. Reason: Had to remove embedded Youtube clip
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 15:46   Link #50
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
What does it matter if I use prepped save data, if I still actually play the game for myself? It's not like I held down the skip button and didn't read a single word through all the routes. I just used prepped save data so I could get to the true route sooner, since people said it was good.
Well, in this particular game, it does matter because it's one of those games where there are "clues" for true ending hidden in all of the routes. If you skipped the individual routes and just jumped to the true end, you wouldn't have had the same "aha!" realizations that people who played through the game in order would have had.

Spoiler for For the specific route skipped...:
Old 2010-04-14, 02:58   Link #51
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, in this particular game, it does matter because it's one of those games where there are "clues" for true ending hidden in all of the routes. If you skipped the individual routes and just jumped to the true end, you wouldn't have had the same "aha!" realizations that people who played through the game in order would have had.

Spoiler for For the specific route skipped...:
That has no impact on how well-done any of the routes are. If it does, you're being WAAAAY too nitpicky. Just because there are or aren't hints in other routes doesn't make another route any better or worse.
Old 2010-04-14, 12:35   Link #52
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
That has no impact on how well-done any of the routes are. If it does, you're being WAAAAY too nitpicky. Just because there are or aren't hints in other routes doesn't make another route any better or worse.
I'm not going to argue with you in this thread about this. Suffice it to say that the game was designed to be played in a certain way for a reason.

Now back to our regularly-scheduled topic.
Old 2010-04-29, 18:09   Link #53
Aaerul

I'm stuck

Can anyone help me, How do I unlock the true path to each of the character's routes?

I played through all the heroine's routes and all of them end incredibly abruptly. The last scene was always working at the sushi job (to help Tsukasa out) and then the very last scene with that girl in the Arts club. I did that for all the girls and yet nothing was unlocked on the front screen and nothing changes in each of the girl's routes.

Neither can I access Omake nor the True Ending (where you click on the Black Cat). I Anyone?
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 00:50   Link #54
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Though i personally never touched it, i would hazard a guess that what you played was the demo version, not the full game itself (I really should get around to creating that game discussion thread ..)
Old 2010-05-03, 23:39   Link #55
KBTKaiser

Whoops, my mind blanked out on this topic for a while, next profile!

Name: Yuki Kanade
Birthday: April 2nd
Blood Type: O
Height: 151.8cm
3 sizes: 75B-54-77

A 6th year student(senior/12th grade). She is the protagonist's childhood friend as well as Haruna's big sister. She spoils the protagnist somewhat. Having a very distinct sense of standards for her actions, those who do not stick around her long enough find her completely unpredictable. According to one explanation, Haruna seems to be the only person able to reign her sister in. Kanade completely dotes on Haruna, saying that if Haruna were born a boy, she'd marry her immediately.

Her speech and writing seem senior-like, but her emotions and actions don't seem up to age, ranging from a wide range of facial changes in a flash, laughing, being angry, and then pouting almost in the same instant.

Next up: Yuki Haruna, which wraps up the heroines. and then there's 4 males to introduce.
Old 2010-05-08, 08:19   Link #56
Dark Mage

I havent played the game so before I start watching/playing/reading either the game, manga or anime, and since this thread is a spoiler-free zzone, can anyone here atleast please tell me if the story ends in a tragic way or does it have some sort of good neding because I hate trgic endings makes me regret al that I have played before if the game's ending is a tragic one

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2010-05-08 at 08:37.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 14:55   Link #57
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
I havent played the game so before I start watching/playing/reading either the game, manga or anime, and since this thread is a spoiler-free zzone, can anyone here atleast please tell me if the story ends in a tragic way or does it have some sort of good neding because I hate trgic endings makes me regret al that I have played before if the game's ending is a tragic one
Well, as you said, this is a spoiler-free zone, so giving you an idea of how the game ends in this thread would count as a spoiler even if we speak in generalities. So I've gone ahead and created a game thread, and your question can be discussed there.
Old 2010-05-08, 17:27   Link #58
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, as you said, this is a spoiler-free zone, so giving you an idea of how the game ends in this thread would count as a spoiler even if we speak in generalities. So I've gone ahead and created a game thread, and your question can be discussed there.
Thanks for the link, I will check out that thread
Old 2010-05-10, 05:48   Link #59
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Until somebody like Minitokyo puts up a larger version. (I hate Animepaper's paper system, but they usually get scans in before most other sites. :/ )
Old 2010-05-10, 09:31   Link #60
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

It will be a OVA planned for February 2011, according to MyAnimeList.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, eroge, romance, school life, seinen, vampire