LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Portal 2

Portal 2 Official Website

This is a triumph

I'm making a note here huge success

It's hard to overstate my satisfaction

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2010-07-02 at 05:52.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 07:27   Link #2
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
OMG.

I cannot wait.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 08:24   Link #3
james0246

Honestly, I'm more hoping, right now at least, that Half-Life 2: Episode 3 will be released with Portal 2...

Still, from a purely game play perspective, I am very excited about Portal 2. The original game offered up some amazing experiences, so I hope the new game builds on everything plus creates new more interesting environments...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 11:02   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Videos of the demo, showcasing some of the new gameplay features:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5THiN8szSKM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq2mZoKkqMw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGlyQmmvj0w

I'm already loving it. Also, pretty awesome british robot.
Old 2010-06-16, 12:03   Link #5
JRendell
Manga Addict

Ah man, this game is going to be brilliant. It looks a helluva lot tougher, which is good, as Portal 1 was a bit too short for me.

Nice one on the videos Kanon, they were awesome.
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 16:26   Link #6
SMT
*Artist

Indeed a great game. I really hope it's not too short, the first one was such a quick play although the advanced chambers and so on were a nice redemption.

I won't watch the gameplay videos, don't wanna spoil myself but GLaDOS rebuilding the test chambers looked awesome. Can't wait for the release.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 16:55   Link #7
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Honestly, I'm more hoping, right now at least, that Half-Life 2: Episode 3 will be released with Portal 2..
I try not to think about HL2:E3 anymore. It's way too depressing to know that Valve doesn't give a crap about it.

Old 2010-06-16, 17:14   Link #8
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Honestly, I'm more hoping, right now at least, that Half-Life 2: Episode 3 will be released with Portal 2...
Same here. Half Life is one of my favorite series so it's been tough waiting for any scrap of information regarding that game. I love everything Valve has offered (aside from L4D which I never really got interested in) so I no doubt will love playing Portal 2.

With that said it the Half life 2 episode 3 situation is getting quite annoying. The whole point of releasing them in an episodic format was to combat the development time it takes to make a full-title. So much for that.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2010-06-16 at 17:28.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 17:22   Link #9
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

That looks RIDICULOUS.

It looks like the difficulty level will be sooooo much higher. It'll be so much more about reflexes now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Same here. Half Life has long been of of my favorite series so it's been tough waiting for any scrap of information regarding that game. I love everything Valve has offered (aside from L4D which I never really got interested in) so I no doubt will love playing Portal 2.

With that said it the Half life 2 episode 3 situation is getting quite annoying. The whole point of releasing them in an episodic format was to combat the development time it takes to make a full-title. So much for that.
Their current excuse is that HL2:E3 will essentially be HL3 now, so that's why it's taking so long. Yeah, like I believe that. Watch, it'll be the shortest of the three episodes.

Old 2010-06-16, 17:34   Link #10
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Their current excuse is that HL2:E3 will essentially be HL3 now, so that's why it's taking so long. Yeah, like I believe that. Watch, it'll be the shortest of the three episodes.
Yeah, well I take that statement with a grain of salt. Maybe they'll build around their new engine. Either way it's gotten to the point of too many excuses.

I still have faith in valve though so I'm hoping that the long wait will be worth it. The long wait for Half Life 2 was worth it, so hopefully Valve knows what it's doing, but I'm getting hints of procrastination from them.

They have been long overdue for giving clear answers to their intentions. So we get a "maybe" statement from them after all this time, that they might change an episodic release into a full, $50 retail game. They've suddenly scrapped the original Source Engine and built a brand new one without anyone in the industry even considering that possibility and now they suddenly realized the PS3 is a viable platform and started developing for it after they've publicly bashed the platform on multiple occasions.

Aside from all that, very excited for portal 2.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2010-06-16 at 17:50.
Old 2010-06-16, 20:55   Link #11
JagdPanther

It's seemed like Valve would rather take advantage of the zombie fad right now (movies, games) and pump out stuff for L4D (which I really don't care about) while they still can. Maybe that's what they're doing, maybe not. If so, it's not entirely bad business sense. They probably know that most Half-Life fans will wait however long they have to. We waited for HL2 for, what, 6-7 years? It was totally worth it.

Old 2010-06-16, 23:05   Link #12
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

The tractor beam and vacuum are brilliant.
Old 2010-07-02, 06:07   Link #13
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Portal 2 Official Site

Showcases all the new room obstacles and mechanics, along with Wheatley, the talking AI ball.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-07-03, 22:21   Link #14
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I liked Portal and the black comedy it had (I got this automatically when Valve was giving out the full game for free on Steam awhile back)... I pretty much finished the game except the challenges and advanced chambers.

I wonder how the co-op mode will work... anyway, I can't wait and I will be getting it off Steam when it comes out.
Old 2010-07-04, 05:49   Link #15
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

With the Excursion Funnel and Thermal Discouragement Beam, I want whatever the devs are smoking.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 06:42   Link #16
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
With the Excursion Funnel and Thermal Discouragement Beam, I want whatever the devs are smoking.
If the trailers are any indication, they are consuming liquid asbestos and fibreglass pudding.
Old 2010-09-10, 18:02   Link #17
Slayerx

Been awhile since anyone chatted about the most awesome game since Portal
Trailer for the Coop

Honestly I just absolutely love these robots... and Glados continues to remind why she's one of the best villains in video games
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 03:54   Link #18
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Been awhile since anyone chatted about the most awesome game since Portal
Trailer for the Coop

Honestly I just absolutely love these robots... and Glados continues to remind why she's one of the best villains in video games
BRILLIANT.

So the cake is a lie!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 06:41   Link #19
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

PC IGN: Portal 2 has Cross Platform Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC IGN
Valve has confirmed the PlayStation 3 version of Portal 2 will feature cross platform play, allowing PS3 owners to play multiplayer games with PC and Mac users.

At E3 2010, Valve announced the PS3 version would include Steamworks, a set of publishing and development tools that integrates, among other things, game updates and community features.

Alongside cross platform play, PS3 owners also get persistent cloud-based storage of saved games, cross platform chat (PC/Mac and PS3), and a digital Steam Play copy of Portal 2 for PC and Mac at no additional cost by simply linking your PSN and Steam accounts.

"We made a promise to gamers at E3 that Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 would be the best console version of the product," said Gabe Newell, co-founder and president of Valve. "Working together with Sony we have identified a set of features we believe are very compelling to gamers.

"We hope to expand upon the foundation being laid in Portal 2 with more Steam features and functionality in DLC and future content releases."

No word yet if the Xbox 360 version will eventually get these features.

Old 2011-01-18, 11:23   Link #20
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Love it.

Can't wait to see what valve pulls off next.

Tags
cake lie portal valve