2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.68%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.68%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-10-21, 00:34   Link #81
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Question. Why Exia has to throw away its shield when it draws its beam saber?
Because it screams "COME AT ME D00D!?" and it looks badass to throw away your shield?
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 01:23   Link #82
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicX_Zero View Post
Because it screams "COME AT ME D00D!?" and it looks badass to throw away your shield?
No because it's cumbersome.

Exia dropped its sheild in order to draw its beam saber to slice the Tieren's arm. It can't draw it with the shield on.

Quote:
LOL at everyone finding excuses on Graham's defeat. He clearly wants to fight Exia and gets beaten. It's just that he's lucky enough to gain some of Exia's data.
Of course he wants to fight the Exia. The whole point of the fight was to see it face to face and to gather data.

Kyle himself stated that losing a flag would be well worth the effort to acquire any sort of data. That and he hopes that by gathering the paint from when the Flag touched the Exia would help him trace to its origin. Much like how the HRA are trying to do with Kyrio's pod.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 01:36   Link #83
rpgman1

So the other factions want to find out as much information possible on CB and the Gundams? Wouldn't surprised me since they are in a technologically advanced world. It makes me wonder if the Gundam pilots are going to do something about being investigated. I would do something to cover my tracks and destroy any information the other factions are trying to get a hold of.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 02:44   Link #84
Virtue
Banned

Is that whitish-hair person in HRL from the OP a girl? Or guy?
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 02:44   Link #85
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
So yeah, high mobility Tieren definitely looks like a misnomer. It's more like, high speed Tieren. Don't know about you, but I sure can't see that thing doing flips like the Flag or Enact =P

Episode was quite disappointing to me. Both of the two major fights were very short, and really, pretty one-sided. Don't know about this whole HM Tieren holding its own against Gundams. After all, there's only one Sergei. There's four Gundams, and we have Mr. New piloting the Exia.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 03:53   Link #86
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Exia dropped its sheild in order to draw its beam saber to slice the Tieren's arm. It can't draw it with the shield on.
I'm pretty sure that was quite visible seeing Exia's hand letting go of the shield as it happened or maybe the shield's size is an obstacle when he has to draw the saber. But nonetheless yeah. =)

Last edited by SonicX_Zero; 2007-10-21 at 04:30. Reason: typo ;o
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 05:39   Link #87
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
i guess he throw the shield is more of mobility wise...quicker to draw out and slash it.....
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 05:45   Link #88
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
i guess he throw the shield is more of mobility wise...quicker to draw out and slash it.....
Er, no. He can't even draw the saber with the shield since he's right hand's equipped with the retractable blade and his left hand's holding the shield.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 06:12   Link #89
J_Ridden
Grunt Deluxe

Anyone thinks that Setsuna doesn't like his Exia to be touched by another MS because he thinks it's some kind of god ? Remember, right before the providential appearance of 0 Gundam, Setsuna said that there was no god in this world. Then suddenly, the Gundam appears and cleans up everything. Also, when Setsuna says "I am Gundam" you can almost feel that he means "I am God".

Just my two cents.
J_Ridden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 07:12   Link #90
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Oh no...it's Yagami Light!!!
Old 2007-10-21, 12:00   Link #91
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Oh no...it's Yagami Light!!!
In more ways then one.

My random comment about episode three --- wonderful tea party.
Old 2007-10-21, 12:03   Link #92
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

Has ep 3 been subbed yet? I've been looking for it and have not found anything.
Ayame_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 12:17   Link #93
Virtue
Banned

not yet unfortunately
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 12:47   Link #94
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

grr.. thanks for the update. *thumbs up*
Ayame_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 16:09   Link #95
Honey_and_Cleaver

Im on Graham Acre's side in this Gundam series. I think hes a kind of embodiment of Char and Rau. The VAs in this roles are very alike in their characters. Graham's VA is one pyscho guy, probrably worse than Rau once he gets serious. This series will get really exciting once he gets a Gundam of his own. Then it will feel fair since it wont be like coordinator vs drugged human like it was in Seed. If Graham dies in a sucky little skinny tin can, this series will be boring as hell. Probrably even worse than destiny.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 18:11   Link #96
hamstar
just passing by

man, this episode was weak as hell. I waited a week looking forward to graham vs arab boy but it ends prematurely. You then see mr. lock-on bullying MS's in Africa....man I'm so sick of seeing over-powered gundams rape people.

Then you have this lame story about a white transfer student that's in love with a japanese boy....uh......that doesnt happen .........ever.

This was just more of episode 2 but done much more horribly. I guess this is nothing as bad as anything in seed/destiny, so I guess I can't complain. It's just the first 2 episodes blew me away and now I'm really worried about the direction this anime is headed.
Old 2007-10-21, 18:28   Link #97
lubczyk

I fell that the battle sequences are too frequent yet too short in themselves.

We have had lopsided battle sequences in all 3 episodes.

What we need is an episode or two long reprieve from the battle to build the characters and tension for an upcoming battle.

There's just no tension, no real urgency in any of the battles in the past 3 episodes.

I mean the battles themselves just come and go throughout the episodes - they feel just thrown around randomly and anti-climatic.

I think the pacing of this episode was just bad. It felt "off" like the director was trying to do mech battles, character development, political intrigue and progress the plot all at the same time within a single episode.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 19:51   Link #98
rpgman1

The series is just trying to focus on too many things at once. I think Gundam 00 should just focus on why CB wants to stop the three factions from warring against each other. Political intrigue maybe first, but that always takes a backseat to either character development or mecha battles. It is too early to tell where the series is heading, so we'll just see if ep. 04 will head somewhere in the right direction.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 20:09   Link #99
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
The series is just trying to focus on too many things at once. I think Gundam 00 should just focus on why CB wants to stop the three factions from warring against each other. Political intrigue maybe first, but that always takes a backseat to either character development or mecha battles. It is too early to tell where the series is heading, so we'll just see if ep. 04 will head somewhere in the right direction.
Newsflash bud.

The three factions aren't even at war with each other. At least not in the sense of battling each other on the field.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 20:13   Link #100
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
I think Gundam 00 should just focus on why CB wants to stop the three factions from warring against each other.
The reasons are obvious, warfare is bad, they want to end it. That's not the point of the series, and the previous Gundam shows all cover it already.

Mizushima's trying to show what happens when you DO have a group of people trying to stop war. Note interview answer below:

Quote:
Q: The pilots of the Gundams belong to a group who are trying to end war. What are you trying to say with this?
A: Let's take this one phrase, "Using force to end wars" and see what happens when someone carries out this contradicting act. "What do you start to see?" is one of things I want to write. Since this is a drama involving these characters, you will see "What happens to the world when they pilot the Gundam? What will these pilots do and how will they change?" This will be the gut of the series for sure.
See the "What happens to the world when they pilot the Gundam", which is what we're seeing right now, and the "What will these pilots do and how will they change?", which obviously hasn't happened yet, since the fruits of their labor have yet to fully take effect.

There's a plus and minus to this lack of focus. Yes, we still don't understand much about the Gundam pilots and the CB so far, but we do get a sense of their personality and such. More importantly, we get developed side characters and characters that might affect the situation in the future, and antagonist characters that aren't just nameless, throwaway drones, or pure evil.

Anyway, Gundam series typically start slow. Seed & Seed Destiny were exceptions. Better this than starting strong and then filling the rest of the episodes with meandering crap, as other shows have done.