This episode seems bleak. Everything seems to imply
Spoiler:
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 06:52   Link #222
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoeagle View Post
Anyone wants to bet 10 to 1 that lockon will die and his twin brother will replace him.watch the ED again before betting
You mean about the part the scissor fall down on the beach, and the water turn into blood color? This maybe a hint, maybe not.
I don't wish for that, though .
Old 2008-01-17, 09:50   Link #223
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
There's been a good load of talking done in this episode, but to me it's a pretty good build-up episode for the crazy conflict coming up, and especially so with the preview ever-so reliably keeping us in suspense.

The three new ones are out in the OP, perhaps a new team of Meisters? Or that could be what they want us to think with that preview. As for the episode itself, "the calm before the storm" would seem rightly appropriate. Everything shown in the first half wasn't all that bleak, until it came to the point where there was the discussion about the military joint "exercise", the conversation between Billy and Sumeragi as well as the prospect of the Gundams being overwhelmed. Of course, the preview probably says it all, but what's going to happen to who is another story.

The more shocking bit of news was Graham's past, and we will eventually find out the reason why he did it, of course.

The showing of Mr. Corner seems to herald that he might actually be more than just a normal, political spectator. I do hope it's not that obvious it it does turn out the way I suspect it to be, though.

And something tells me Kinue or Okaa-san might be caught in the crossfire. In any case, the series is starting to get a darker feel to it, and I quite like it.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 11:44   Link #224
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
You mean about the part the scissor fall down on the beach, and the water turn into blood color? This maybe a hint, maybe not.
I don't wish for that, though .
For me the ED just screams EMO.
Old 2008-01-17, 12:43   Link #225
Tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
For me, bad luck, death and treason.
Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 16:55   Link #226
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
For me, bad luck, death and treason.
Same here.

But well, EMO has many meanings nowadays. There are some people to whom you are an EMO only because you are in pain or staring blankly into the stars :P
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 20:28   Link #227
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Okay, I *know* this is perverted, however...I have to say this...

Is it me, or has Sumeragi gotten a major bust enhancement in the past? If you look at the scene when she comes out of the shower, her bosom is every bit as up as it is when she has clothes on, which leads me to believe that she had help. Is this just an animation oversight as was Christina's reflection in the water despite the fact that there was no way in hell her head would have been reflected through the little raft thing, or are the animators trying to imply something more dastardly?

Hopefully it's an oversight, but, errr...it's grounds for speculation how Sumeragi's pillows seem to defy gravity like that -_-
Old 2008-01-17, 20:36   Link #228
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post

Is it me, or has Sumeragi gotten a major bust enhancement in the past? If you look at the scene when she comes out of the shower, her bosom is every bit as up as it is when she has clothes on, which leads me to believe that she had help. Is this just an animation oversight as was Christina's reflection in the water despite the fact that there was no way in hell her head would have been reflected through the little raft thing, or are the animators trying to imply something more dastardly?

Hopefully it's an oversight, but, errr...it's grounds for speculation how Sumeragi's pillows seem to defy gravity like that -_-
I'd not see any hidden meaning in it. I think the higher-ups just said: Make her boobs as big and well-shaped as possible so all the perverts would love her. And there we have them...
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 21:03   Link #229
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
This entire episode has been extremely poorly animated. Check out the street scene with Setsuna and his civilian buddies. The scaling of the figures is COMPLETELY off.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 21:18   Link #230
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post

For the Christina bit, her head was raised up, so if the angle is right part of her head would be reflected. And you can see her head cut off by the reflection of the float.
Old 2008-01-18, 11:37   Link #231
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
LMAO i thought the ED was meant to portray the Meisters as human, to show through everything they are human beings and show they are kind of like brothers. But now that i think about it your right total EMO whats next them putting suntan lotion on each other on a sunny southern island?

"Cringes in a corner from the sheer thought"
Old 2008-01-18, 14:01   Link #232
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
This entire episode has been extremely poorly animated. Check out the street scene with Setsuna and his civilian buddies. The scaling of the figures is COMPLETELY off.
It just so happens I made a screenshot of that exact scene.

Looks fine to me. Saji is standing next to Setsuna and Louise is farther back at the apartment looking into the back window of the car. I don't see the problem. Also extremely poorly animated makes it sound likes it's an episode of that Moegaku*5 show. It may not have been all razzle dazzle like last episode, but I don't see how it was abysmal.

This is a scene with a legitimate mistake, however small though. See if you can spot it.

Also if you really want to see a bust upgrade per episode show then check out Dragonaut. I think by the end of it Garnet is going to have breasts bigger than the rest of her body combined.
Old 2008-01-18, 14:31   Link #233
astranagun

The shade of the umbrella (I know the word it's wrong) is too big,right?
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 14:40   Link #234
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by astranagun View Post
The shade of the umbrella (I know the word it's wrong) is too big,right?
Parasol, and I'm pretty sure what you're seeing is the wall of the pool sloping down. I'll give a hint, pay attention to the pool itself.
Old 2008-01-18, 14:53   Link #235
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
My guess is the right side of the pool where curves thats not quite right the shadowing in the pool looks funny like its going against the direction of the sun. I dont know how to explain it properly but there is something not right about that part. It also looks the water level is wrong like it suddenly dips down like its low there but not anywhere else in the pool.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2008-01-18 at 15:06.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 14:57   Link #236
Papaya
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
It just so happens I made a screenshot of that exact scene.

Looks fine to me. Saji is standing next to Setsuna and Louise is farther back at the apartment looking into the back window of the car. I don't see the problem. Also extremely poorly animated makes it sound likes it's an episode of that Moegaku*5 show. It may not have been all razzle dazzle like last episode, but I don't see how it was abysmal.

Very poor perspective problems in this scene.

1. Setsuna's relative size to Louise is completely off.
2. Even though Setsuna is standing where the car was, he's MASSIVE in comparison to it.
3. Louise looks like she grew too between cuts.

Last edited by Papaya; 2008-01-18 at 15:11.
Old 2008-01-18, 15:04   Link #237
Terra

People are taller than cars. Plus Louise has moved forward compared to the previous scene so she would be bigger. And Setsuna looks as though he's slightly further back than Louise as well, so it doesn't look off to me.
Old 2008-01-18, 15:08   Link #238
Papaya
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
People are taller than cars. Plus Louise has moved forward compared to the previous scene so she would be bigger. And Setsuna looks as though he's slightly further back than Louise as well, so it doesn't look off to me.
Setsuna is at Lockon's height in the second picture. He's not supposed to be THAT much taller than a car.

Louise has moved forward, but that doesn't explain why she's at Lockon's height either.

It's not possible that Setsuna's further back than Louise. Just draw a line under Setsuna's feet, and draw a line under Louise's. He's clearly more in the foreground, yet is inexplicably drawn at the exact same proportion as Louise. This isn't a negligible difference either, considering the camera angle is only slightly pointing downwards towards the ground, so distance is a lot more than it looks.
Old 2008-01-18, 15:26   Link #239
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post

Very poor perspective problems in this scene.

1. Setsuna's relative size to Louise is completely off.
2. Even though Setsuna is standing where the car was, he's MASSIVE in comparison to it.
3. Louise looks like she grew too between cuts.
Isn't this really nip picking? I mean really who really gives a damn if a one scene the scale was off?
Old 2008-01-18, 15:44   Link #240
Papaya
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Isn't this really nip picking? I mean really who really gives a damn if a one scene the scale was off?
If you haven't noticed, animation was subpar this entire episode.
And I guess if you don't care about this, you won't care if they continue to do this and add in some more "minor" mistakes.

Maybe in the next episode, they'll forget to draw in Setsuna's head like they did with Naruto.