AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-25, 16:10   Link #5461
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

"Fragile" however is not a word you can really apply to Wing-universe Gundams, due to how amazingly strong Gundanium Alloy holds up. And as such the wings hold more coverage.

I enjoy the Wing Zero Custom but it really felt overdone in design. The lack of shield and transformation just makes the mind try to compute earlier scenes in Gundam Wing where it used such but no longer had and it runs into walls.

It is especially egregious when you compare it to the Katoki'fied Gundam Epyon. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel that since the Epyon is arguably the counterpart to the Wing Zero, it should look like it should match the Wing Zero in design. Put the two side by side, though, and the Wing Zero looks even more overdone.

And now we have the proto Wing Zero, which looks very much more on par with the Katoki'fied Gundam Epyon. They look like they match, with one not looking more over-the-top than the other. It does look a little out of place compared to the others, I suppose, but overall I prefer the proto Wing Zero to the Wing Zero Custom.
Old 2013-07-25, 22:13   Link #5462
gordol
Banned

Beautiful!

gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 22:20   Link #5463
xellos2099

Not related but while I was in the sea of LCL, I see the announcement of Gundam Wing HD.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 23:55   Link #5464
The American Average
2LMES

wow look at that awesome Wing Zero nice to see that the TV version got a updated look like the epyon.

Spoiler for heres a shot of the ProtoWZ from the manga:

can't wait to see how the manga will introduce the proto zero. Quatre most likely will be the reason =p
Old 2013-07-26, 00:37   Link #5465
Knight_SV

Perhaps proto zero will be destroyed later. But, some of his parts were still remain and heero using it to upgrade the Wing Gundam EW into Wing Zero Custom.
Since it bugs me that Wing EW and Zero Custom looks too similar while Wing TV and Zero TV looks different
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 00:54   Link #5466
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There was a manga or something where Heero upgraded the Wing Zero into the Wing Zero Custom, so I think that's why there's this change... but that also conflicts with the Wing Zero Custom at the start of EW.

However, I think the change is mainly for what I mentioned above--Wing Zero Custom's physical design and capabilities just aren't really compatible with the TV show's events due to the lack of the transformation and shield.
Old 2013-07-26, 02:10   Link #5467
Knight_SV

i thought that manga has been considered non-canon?

the start of EW pretty much show the glimpse of the final eve wars during tv series

that's why many fans considered Zero Custom inferior to Zero TV because of lack of shield and transformation. I really want to see how sumizawa and katoki will make Zero Custom relevant to the tv series event through GoL manga. So retconning is a possibility.
I'm also prefer Proto Zero over Zero Custom. Seeing how the GoL and FT still marketed Wing Zero Custom as the main mecha, then Sumizawa better give a relevant explanation on how Zero Custom will appear. and we still have to wait a year(or two years or more) to see it along with the announcement of MG Wing Zero Custom ver. 2.0

Last edited by Knight_SV; 2013-07-26 at 02:21.
Old 2013-07-26, 09:40   Link #5468
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

One more image of the Wing Proto Zero:

Images
Wing Proto Zero Lineart
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Doesn't look like the Buster Rifles connect to the shield in Neo Bird Mode now, but instead on someplace on the body, though it isn't clear where here. The basic configuration is still the same otherwise though, and the Neo Bird Mode looks much grander.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 10:32   Link #5469
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I definitely like what they did with the wings. Makes them look more bird-ish like Wing Zero Custom, while keeping the original aesthetic.
Old 2013-07-26, 18:10   Link #5470
Knight_SV

the neobird transformation configuration looks like wing gundam EW where the backpack fold into the groin
Old 2013-07-26, 18:37   Link #5471
gordol
Banned

Beam saber storage shown, machinecannons on the same place. Shield has Wing Vulcans

GOL 34 album: http://imgur.com/a/LEJym

gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 21:06   Link #5472
Knight_SV

the machine canon didn't flip like the tv zero
Old 2013-07-27, 01:54   Link #5473
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Zero's Neo-bird mode looks even more awesome now.

It seems that the Buster rifles connects to the shoulders now.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 05:35   Link #5474
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
Zero's Neo-bird mode looks even more awesome now.

It seems that the Buster rifles connects to the shoulders now.
You can say that again.

After reading that chapter, nostalgia set in. I'm considering watching the Gundam Wing anime, again.
Old 2013-07-27, 17:33   Link #5475
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
"Fragile" however is not a word you can really apply to Wing-universe Gundams, due to how amazingly strong Gundanium Alloy holds up. And as such the wings hold more coverage.

I enjoy the Wing Zero Custom but it really felt overdone in design. The lack of shield and transformation just makes the mind try to compute earlier scenes in Gundam Wing where it used such but no longer had and it runs into walls.

It is especially egregious when you compare it to the Katoki'fied Gundam Epyon. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel that since the Epyon is arguably the counterpart to the Wing Zero, it should look like it should match the Wing Zero in design. Put the two side by side, though, and the Wing Zero looks even more overdone.

And now we have the proto Wing Zero, which looks very much more on par with the Katoki'fied Gundam Epyon. They look like they match, with one not looking more over-the-top than the other. It does look a little out of place compared to the others, I suppose, but overall I prefer the proto Wing Zero to the Wing Zero Custom.
Fully agreed on Wing Zero Custom's design. Whenever thinking about it's theoretical place during the TV series, I could never get past when it made its debut and that scared shirtless OZ pilot (shown in one of the panels gordol linked) yelled it was transforming. The scene wouldn't have been nearly as awesome with Wing Zero Custom simply swooping in.

Proto Wing Zero is certainly sweet.
Old 2013-07-27, 18:00   Link #5476
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Part of me IS bothered by the Proto Wing Zero's design because it's so similar to the TV version, and thus the EW!Wing Gundam doesn't look as similar in design. On the other hand, the Wing Zero DID come first, design-wise...
Old 2013-08-03, 20:55   Link #5477
Oni-Baku Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Only question is why. Did she get sick or something? Froze her until a cure's ready? And why Dr. J's chamber designs? Did Heero have something to do with it? Ah...speculation.
I'm pretty sure both Heero and Relina have been frozen. Heero=Princess Aurora/Relena=Little Price.
Oni-Baku Gang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 14:10   Link #5478
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

My googlefish is getting rusty. All I could glean from the latest chapter (thanks for the translation NTC) was that Wu Fei kicked Virgo butt and that Phobos threw his half-eaten apple in holo!Dorothy´s face, with Trowa telling him to clean his mess up.
I think Dorothy explains her motives, but I don't get a word google is trying to translate, so I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me what the heck is going on.

And I know I'll jinx it but wow, three chapters now without flashbacks? Did the author finally remember he was writing a sequel?
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 00:51   Link #5479
Tendou Souji

You've doomed us to another flashback. From what I can get, Dorothy was for killing Relena even if it meant killing all those people. But it seems Trowa and the others are against it now. Especially Mille, Naina and Kathrine. I think they said she is only so arrogant because as a hologram she can't die and there is some talk about what a soul is because they remark that Dorothy didn't even come to see them personally but instead used a hologram and she brings up the holo Zechs which makes his kids mad. She then questions where or not Kathrine has a soul since she is a test tube baby and that pisses them off. They all take turns going at her before Quatre or Trowa cut their ties with Earth and the kids join up permanently. Mille apologizes to Trowa for what happened a while back(that happened like 2 years ago, didn't it?).

Anyway, take this with a grain of salt. I used the same translation you did but tried to make sense of it. I don't want bad information to get out.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 09:16   Link #5480
susyia

wow Dorothy is worse than before.....
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing