Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2021-08-25, 09:03   Link #41
Kakurin
大佐

New PV
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-08-25, 09:12   Link #42
B214

Spoiler for hmm:
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-25, 23:37   Link #43
Frontier

The new VA's sound like they're doing impressions of the VN voices.

No Minami Kuribayashi?
Old 2021-08-26, 01:29   Link #44
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
They should have started with Extra. It would have hit harder. Of all big names VNs of the 2000s, when it comes to animated adaptations, Muv-Luv feels like the unloved child compared to Fate and Key works.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-26, 08:57   Link #45
tsunade666

...................... who the f*ck is that? last time I remember Takeru isn't that cool looking -_-

how many episodes? Do I need to prepare my handkerchief? if its only 1 cour, then it would probably be crap. they aren't even starting in the first part of the trilogy so I'm already disappointed.
Old 2021-08-26, 23:29   Link #46
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
...................... who the f*ck is that? last time I remember Takeru isn't that cool looking -_-

how many episodes? Do I need to prepare my handkerchief? if its only 1 cour, then it would probably be crap. they aren't even starting in the first part of the trilogy so I'm already disappointed.
It's like adapting Star wars Return of the Jedi without Empire and New hope.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-27, 21:57   Link #47
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
More like releasing Avengers Endgame without releasing any of the past films.
Old 2021-08-28, 06:46   Link #48
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
More like releasing Avengers Endgame without releasing any of the past films.
Wait, so......can newbies like me even follow the story?

If not then what's the point of adapting this old VN into anime if they cater it only to the diehard fans that they already have? Or is this anime just an advertisement for a new Muv-Luv game or something?
Old 2021-08-28, 07:18   Link #49
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

If not then what's the point of adapting this old VN into anime if they cater it only to the diehard fans that they already have? Or is this anime just an advertisement for a new Muv-Luv game or something?
I'm sure you can watch it, I mean they mention they will be doing it so that first time viewers can understand it. So long as they don't butcher it into 1 cour....
And I think it's being used partially to advertise it's new game too. They have quite a few planned out at the moment.
Old 2021-09-25, 07:32   Link #50
B214

So the first episode is an original story on the fall of Sadogashima. Interesting.

https://muv-luv-alternative-anime.co...php?id=1094546
Old 2021-09-27, 22:47   Link #51
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

You can, if you just somewhat turn off your brain and go, "Oh ok, I'll take it the way it is"

Old 2021-09-28, 09:01   Link #52
B214

Quote:
You can, if you just somewhat turn off your brain and go, "Oh ok, I'll take it the way it is"
Okay, i think that is a bit extreme, i mean you don't have to turn off your brain, it may or may not live up to the VN but remember this is an adaptation only. It will not capture the story plot by plot unfortunately as much as we want it to.
There's bound to be some changes to the story to fit the circumstances, could be budget, no of episode constraint etc. So in the end it will be a MLA story with changes or twist on their own like the first episode being an original story.
That's why in Total Eclipse VN you can have scenes that weren't in the anime. It's the same with Schwarzesmarken, even in the first VN, there are many moments removed from the anime. Either way, just try to enjoy it first and bash on it later. If it's good, its good, if its not, pray that maybe one day we'll get a FSN UBW situation in the future for Muv-Luv.
Old 2021-09-28, 12:13   Link #53
blitz1/2

Quote:
Okay, i think that is a bit extreme, i mean you don't have to turn off your brain, it may or may not live up to the VN but remember this is an adaptation only. It will not capture the story plot by plot unfortunately as much as we want it to.
There's bound to be some changes to the story to fit the circumstances, could be budget, no of episode constraint etc. So in the end it will be a MLA story with changes or twist on their own like the first episode being an original story.
That's why in Total Eclipse VN you can have scenes that weren't in the anime. It's the same with Schwarzesmarken, even in the first VN, there are many moments removed from the anime. Either way, just try to enjoy it first and bash on it later. If it's good, its good, if its not, pray that maybe one day we'll get a FSN UBW situation in the future for Muv-Luv.
The thing is that for UBW animation, is that we had fate zero before it. So you have some clue on what's going on.

Old 2021-09-28, 23:53   Link #54
B214

Quote:
The thing is that for UBW animation, is that we had fate zero before it. So you have some clue on what's going on.
You can say the same with Total Eclipse, it did briefly introduced the universe of MLA/MLU.
Old 2021-10-05, 18:21   Link #55
Alchemist007
*Author

I originally only played/watched KGNE and didn't care enough to ingest the spinoffs. Though it's been over a decade since then so might just give this anime a try anyways.
Old 2021-10-05, 20:38   Link #56
B214

Muv-Luv isn't a spin off of KGNE though, Extra takes place in the same universe as KGNE, that's all. Besides if you're going to call Muv-Luv a spin-off of KGNE, then KGNE would be a spin off of KGIK.
Old 2021-10-05, 22:35   Link #57
Alchemist007
*Author

Yeah yeah I know they love making things in the same universe. Except the rest of the things after Extra have aliens and mechs, about as spinoffy as it gets.
Old 2021-10-05, 23:47   Link #58
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Yeah yeah I know they love making things in the same universe. Except the rest of the things after Extra have aliens and mechs, about as spinoffy as it gets.
Aside from Akane acting as a support character there's not much linkage to KGNE. Besides the setting of the story is different, the story is the same universe but the focal characters and story is different. Would you call Captain America or Thor a spin-off of Iron-man because Iron-man is the first film in MCU.
Old 2021-10-06, 00:28   Link #59
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Aside from Akane acting as a support character there's not much linkage to KGNE. Besides the setting of the story is different, the story is the same universe but the focal characters and story is different.
You've described what a lot of spinoffs are.
Old 2021-10-06, 02:05   Link #60
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
You've described what a lot of spinoffs are.
Taking place in the same universe doesn't necessarily make it a spin-off. I already mention, is Captain America or Thor or Ant Man spin-off of Iron-man because they're in the same universe? Even if it's the same universe, Muv Luv is Muv Luv Kiminozo is Kiminozo, KimiKisetsu is KimiKisetsu. Is Takayuki the MC of Muv-Luv? Is Akane a love interest in Extra?

A story only becomes a spin off if a major or supporting characters in the original or main series becomes the main focal character.