AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-11-04, 16:53   Link #41
Weather
Wonder Wind

Quote:
I think I gotta agree with the Jeremy Johns review of this series. The only interesting characters worth giving a damn about are Gordon, Penguin, and Falcone. Bruce is a good character and well acted, but I just can't give a damn about him knowing he's nothing more than a continuous Batman tease. Selina is cute, but beyond that I can't really bring myself to care about her character.
So. True.

I actually fast forward through the whole Bruce segments of the show, I just can't give myself enough to care.

I prefer to treat this show, not as part of the Batman Franchise, just a cop show with really flashing ways to kill and in shitty city. It makes things easier.

Respect the Earth! If not... Who knows? You might get cursed... heh heh~
Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 17:54   Link #42
Wandering Soul

Wow this was the best episode so far but my only gripe with it is the fact that they seem to have shoehorn Bruce into every episode. At least we got to see some of Alfred being Badass though.
Old 2014-11-11, 11:40   Link #43
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

So, little Bruce it's becoming the psyco that will develop into Batman ("I'm always angry, will this rage go away?", and Bullock into Gordon's right hand, so far so good.
Old 2014-11-11, 11:44   Link #44
GDB

Kind of odd that Thomas Elliott was bullying Bruce. They're supposed to be best friends. Until they grow up and he got batshit insane, at least.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 13:45   Link #45
monster

Define "normal" and make a good case for it.

I like that.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 14:48   Link #46
GDB

Haha yeah, that was definitely the highlight of the episode.
Old 2014-11-11, 23:59   Link #47
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Internet seems to be throwing a lot of flak at this show and I can't seem to understand why.

All characters are lovable or at least likable (give it time and I bet even Fish will grow on me somehow) and the story is progressing smoothly.

i had to search for who the bully was, good to see Brucey getting his fists up but he better be careful not to blow his future cover.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 03:16   Link #48
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Alfred had the best lines this episode:

"That's right. He did. He tried to kill you. Just you remember that next time you see him. And you remember, that I let 'im try."

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 11:42   Link #49
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Alfred had the best lines this episode:

"That's right. He did. He tried to kill you. Just you remember that next time you see him. And you remember, that I let 'im try."
Yep, that was a good one.

I also liked the discussion between Gordon and Essen where they were naming off the interesting criminals they've encountered so far and asking themselves "What changed?"

I gotta say, that's an interesting way to apply for a job in finance.

Endless "Office wars" Soul
Old 2014-11-18, 14:39   Link #50
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I can't believe they went ahead and did it:
Spoiler for I'm pissed off:

Seriously, that killed any fun I had about this week's episode...
Old 2014-11-18, 15:53   Link #51
monster

It's really the love triangle angle that's more in focus. The lesbian angle was dealt with in just 1 or 2 lines in an earlier episode. And I don't think it negatively affects the part about being a detective anymore than being a jealous heterosexual would, especially after last week's episode.
Old 2014-11-18, 20:51   Link #52
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

It does, because Montoya as a character hasn't been developed as a detective, or even as a woman in other aspects of her life other than her being still in love with Gordon's GF and been played by Penguin precisely because said petty prejudice against Gordon, and now with today's episode it just makes it even worse...
Old 2014-11-18, 21:10   Link #53
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I like how Harvey Dent is already showing signs of Two Face. Calm, scary angry, calm. Also, I liked the choice of ringtone for the car bomb.

Endless "Final Countdown" Soul
Old 2014-11-18, 21:11   Link #54
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
It does, because Montoya as a character hasn't been developed as a detective, or even as a woman in other aspects of her life other than her being still in love with Gordon's GF and been played by Penguin precisely because said petty prejudice against Gordon, and now with today's episode it just makes it even worse...
Other aspects of her life hasn't been important to the main story that is Jim Gordon. So far, she has been a tertiary character at best and her role as a detective is as developed as it needs to be up to last week's episode.

I haven't seen tonight's episode, so I won't comment on that.
Old 2014-11-18, 22:41   Link #55
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I seem to recall in one of the old Batman cartoons, Montoya was basically one of the few named female police officers in Gotham City. She seemed smart, but we rarely saw her in action, as seemed to be there mostly to lead the female criminals off in cuffs. Her being a lesbian didn't come up much, if at all until maybe reallty late in the series, were if was implied by her being with some other woman in a hospital that was wounded by whatever was the villan of the week. But that was 15 or 20 years ago.
Old 2014-11-19, 12:33   Link #56
GDB

Pretty meh episode overall other than Selina seducing Bruce. And I completely get it, she's cute. They need to calm down the "cat" aspects JUST a little, though. Not everything she does needs to be feline.
Old 2014-11-19, 14:29   Link #57
Dwennimmen
(^-^)?

The little girl playing Selina looks like she could be Michelle pfeiffer's daughter. She does need to be toned wayyyyy down...I like her though. I'm not a fan of the butler. I adore the Riddler and penguin of course.

I'm not sure about Harvey as they just introduced him but so far I'm just 'eh' with him. He seems a bit unhinged for someone whose suppose to be somewhat similar to Gordon at first. :l
Dwennimmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 15:29   Link #58
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I seem to recall that Harvey always had issues with his other side, just they were more suppressed before the accident that wrecked his face. "Big Bad Harv" came out when he was stressed and angry.

At least that is what I remember.
Old 2014-11-20, 12:31   Link #59
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I think they could have held off any outbursts from Harvey. Sure have it be something that he's dealing with, but seems like you could even build up to that. Instead of going "wink wink it's Two Face!"

Kind of feels like the show is so afraid it's going to get cancelled it's rushing every guy who will become a Batman villain into the series while they are still on the air.
Old 2014-11-20, 12:39   Link #60
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I don't really think its going to be cancelled, it is doing really well except for a few things and few people (Fish is one of them). But I think people say the same thing about Arrow when it first came on but look what happened since then.