AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-10-17, 00:27   Link #21
Desbreko
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Desbreko
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
if you're an actual encoder (as opposed to a one- or two-man team doing speedsubs) and you're not not using transport streams in this day and age you should quit fansubbing and commit seppuku in shame
Well yeah, you'd want to use a .ts source for actually encoding. But if you're just trying to find out which, if any, broadcasts don't have a logo, downloading raws would be a lot faster than downloading multiple .ts's. It's just that the problem then arises of having to hunt for scenes where the delogo filter doesn't work well, like I mentioned.
Desbreko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 18:21   Link #22
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Quote:
Originally Posted by npcomplete View Post
Actually I do recall seeing some delogo'ed raws before like Akikan and the light outline of the BS11 logo was still pretty visible. But I don't see that for the truly logoless versions (or at least logoless for most of the running time).

There are more shows on MX without logos: Bakemonogatari, Needless, Princess Lover, etc.
Princess Lover had the TokyoMX logo. If you saw something without one, it was removed by the encoder.
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 00:27   Link #23
CryptWizard

AT-X and TVK usually (always?) air without logo, but their video quality is pretty bad.
CryptWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 14:40   Link #24
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
TVK as in TV Kanagawa's picture quality being bad? I thought they weren't all that horrible.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 21:17   Link #25
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

tvk is no at-x to be sure, but it's pretty bad for a HD channel (low bitrate, bad encoder or both)
usually all scenechanges are completely broken for some reason
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 23:37   Link #26
twc
Banned

Maybe the scenecuts look bad because they're using a fixed GOP (wouldn't know, haven't checked)?
twc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 18:22   Link #27
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
Back to the original topic - I found this list. It claims over 90% of the stations now display the watermark logo. Probably the only prominent, early anime relevant station in the "no logo" list is tvk. (I also see Tochigi TV, Mie TV and Nara TV in the list, but they normally trail other stations by days or weeks.)
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 04:54   Link #28
nekobouya
Fan-subbing/karaoke n00b

ok this is probably the wrong thread/ place for this question but i had no idea where else to ask. does any one know of a site that does PV raws? i would like to get some to work on my kara but the only place i've been able to find is you-tube and i'm not even going to go into the encoding mess that is >_<
nekobouya is offline   Reply With Quote