AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-31, 10:56   Link #1021
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.

Spoiler for In regard to Rolo's fate:

Last edited by JesseJamesRocket; 2008-07-31 at 10:56. Reason: To add spoiler tag.
JesseJamesRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 11:07   Link #1022
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJamesRocket View Post
Why must you ruin are dreams, besides I've see yet Lelouch kill someone who helped him out of a tight pitch so we can go on from that
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 11:44   Link #1023
Ring

Quote:
Spoiler:
Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 11:46   Link #1024
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

To me, it really doesn't matter how Rolo dies, if he just dies somehow then im fine with that.
Old 2008-07-31, 11:49   Link #1025
Guilford
Cornelia's First Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring View Post
Spoiler:
It's not really that important how his death will look to us viewers (for me at least), I just hope that he himself dies "smiling" or something similar because he thinks that in the end his broken self was of some use for his beloved "brother"
Guilford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 12:00   Link #1026
Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
It's not really that important how his death will look to us viewers (for me at least), I just hope that he himself dies "smiling" or something similar because he thinks that in the end his broken self was of some use for his beloved "brother"
I think something like that will happen if he dies.
Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 12:24   Link #1027
Lyllrik
I type really slow

I kinda expected him to die even before Shirly's death, seeing the tragic character he is.

While I won't be surprised if Lelouch decided slapping him in the face with the truth right before Rolo dies , I do I hope he gets the mercy to die oblivious of the deceit. He deserves that much at least.
Lyllrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 12:41   Link #1028
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyllrik View Post
I kinda expected him to die even before Shirly's death, seeing the tragic character he is.

While I won't be surprised if Lelouch decided slapping him in the face with the truth right before Rolo dies , I do I hope he gets the mercy to die oblivious of the deceit. He deserves that much at least.
I think it would be alot more effective for him to learn the truth, THEN die for Lelouch. I mean, come on, it'd definately show how much he seriously cared for him. Not to mention Lelouch would have to think twice before judging someone that critically again, knowing that if he did that person may die for nothing.
Let's ramp up the guilt factor, I want to see a psychotic Lelouch one last time before he goes all sane and
Spoiler for Ending of Code Geass:

Not that I enjoy any characters suffering, but because their fictional, I tend to kind of want more than what you would see in.. Lets say a movie, if that makes sense.
Worriors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 15:23   Link #1029
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Care aside on Rolo's part, Lelouch still sees Rolo as a rag and nothing more. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't bat an eyelid when and if
Spoiler for future event:
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 15:51   Link #1030
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Care aside on Rolo's part, Lelouch still sees Rolo as a rag and nothing more. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't bat an eyelid when and if
Spoiler for future event:
Yeah. Lelouch as definately lost any care for Rolo, so far, I have to agree.
That.. Was made bluntly obvious when he turned Asassasin!Rolo into Kamikazi!Rolo.
Seriously though, I really don't want him to go out without anyone caring. If he does die and Lelouch has no thoughts about it what-so-ever, I fear for how he will fare in the afterlife. Probably go down something like this,
Rolo: So, Brother, nice to see you here.
Lelouch: Yeah I-!
*Is knifed by Rolo*
Rolo: Don't EVER do that again.
Old 2008-07-31, 15:54   Link #1031
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Good thing they're in the afterlife then, Rolo can knife Lelouch until time ends and it wouldn't matter.
Old 2008-07-31, 16:19   Link #1032
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Good thing they're in the afterlife then, Rolo can knife Lelouch until time ends and it wouldn't matter.
Then I'd feel sorry for Lelouch, because unless Suzaku is there and not with Euphemia, he's going to have stabbity Rolo on him forever. And if he tried to run, Rolo would probably catch up with him.
Why must you fail in physical matters, Lelouch?
Oh geeze, I just realised everyone else who was psychotic to some degree would be there to. Mao, Charles, V.V., good gosh, he's just never going to get a break is he?
...I think this would make a good fanfiction after the series ends, haha~
Old 2008-07-31, 22:31   Link #1033
Monkey D. Luffy

Whatever happens with Lelouch's feeling for Rolo after a "certain event" occurs, Rolo will assume a role of a martyr even if he isn't presented as one.

Here's a kid that has received the "Power of Kings" and has been used as a peasant by all those around him. He has been deceived by Lelouch into thinking that he actually cared about him and Rolo being the exploited kid that he has always been, easily took the bait.

Spoiler for Rolo:
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 22:51   Link #1034
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post
Whatever happens with Lelouch's feeling for Rolo after a "certain event" occurs, Rolo will assume a role of a martyr even if he isn't presented as one.

Here's a kid that has received the "Power of Kings" and has been used as a peasant by all those around him. He has been deceived by Lelouch into thinking that he actually cared about him and Rolo being the exploited kid that he has always been, easily took the bait.

Spoiler for Rolo:
"sniff" I don't say this often but that is beautiful without being too cheesy with Lelouch realizing his mistake or thanking him but Rolo making up his mind on what's best, I mean it's a fitting end for a life drenched in blood and I doubt the writers could of come up with something as beautifully written as you did. Well done!
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 22:57   Link #1035
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post
Here's a kid that has received the "Power of Kings" and has been used as a peasant by all those around him.
Wow all of that is really well written, heres something that has caught my attention, this one line made me feel sad for Rolo and when I think about it he has been used for probably most of his life and hes going to die as a puppet. Hopefully he dies with a smile.
Old 2008-08-01, 00:17   Link #1036
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Rolo Has Been Officially Solds out. Am I right?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 15:07   Link #1037
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
I totally agree. Of course, I'd rather he live, but it doesn't appear that that is the way it will be.
Old 2008-08-01, 15:12   Link #1038
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriors1 View Post
I think it would be alot more effective for him to learn the truth, THEN die for Lelouch. I mean, come on, it'd definately show how much he seriously cared for him. Not to mention Lelouch would have to think twice before judging someone that critically again, knowing that if he did that person may die for nothing.
Even if that happened, do you think the people that hate Rolo would care? They'd still just call him crazy and obsessed. Nah, I think that Rolo has two fate possibilities: One, he dies saving/helping Lelouch.
Two, he does something extraordinary that causes Lelouch to really care about him and forgive him for Shirley.

Seeing as the second option is highly unlikely...
Old 2008-08-01, 17:11   Link #1039
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
Even if that happened, do you think the people that hate Rolo would care? They'd still just call him crazy and obsessed. Nah, I think that Rolo has two fate possibilities: One, he dies saving/helping Lelouch.
Two, he does something extraordinary that causes Lelouch to really care about him and forgive him for Shirley.

Seeing as the second option is highly unlikely...
Can't please everyone,
I still don't understand how you can hate a character, but I guess people can.
The only things he could do at this point that would make the second option happen are,
A.) Probably taking a bullet for Nunnally/and or saving her from a particularly lethal situation.
Or B.) Lelouch halucinating Shirley telling him to forgive him, which would be a crackpot theory... But then again,
Spoiler for Tidbit about C.C people may or may not have noticed:

Just kidding. If anything I would just hope option one happens. But it would be interesting if he showed back up at the end of series, although missing his Geass because if he ever used it again it would kill him. Sounds like a fair trade, you live with very minor heart issues, your reduced to Lelouch's psyical capabilities because of it and you can never use your Geass again, but you live.
I have no idea if that belongs in spoiler tags...
Old 2008-08-01, 17:18   Link #1040
Lyllrik
I type really slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriors1 View Post
I doubt he'd make the sacrifice if he finds out the truth. He'd probably go after Lelouch with a knife, or perhaps commit suicide - given he'd have no place to go and no one to turn to.
Lyllrik is offline   Reply With Quote