AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 40 37.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 40.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 18.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.93%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-25, 08:37   Link #41
CooKie D.

Production and technical issues aside, for me this episode was an amazing experience 10/10

Spoiler for thoughts:

I have to watch it again
Old 2008-04-25, 08:58   Link #42
Tabris

And Ranka's bag, cutest bag ever. It was adorable.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-25, 10:42   Link #43
Zekori

lol, didn't notice it until I rewatched the preview but-

Spoiler for Not really a spoiler:
Old 2008-04-25, 11:32   Link #44
herbert

Ep 4.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-25, 12:09   Link #45
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

I don't usually give 10's... but this episode was pure awesomeness. They brought back the full size zentradi Queadluun-Rau (Milia's favorite RED color too!!) and the destroyed zentradi battle ship!!! and My Boyfriend is Pilot song during Alto's fight scene was pure gold.
Spoiler for Meltrandi Queadluun Rau:

Spoiler for Macross 7 Milia's favorite RED version:

Spoiler for CUUUUTE Valkarie backpack !:

Spoiler:

Spoiler for Zentradi debris:

Looks more like a Meltrandi ship to me.. but not sure.
Spoiler for Zentradi Nupetiet Vergnitz:

Spoiler for Meltrandi Frigate:

What really put it over the top for this episode was Alto grabbing the gun off the dead zentradi soldier.

Last edited by Tsukiyomi; 2008-04-25 at 12:23.
Old 2008-04-25, 12:43   Link #46
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi View Post

Spoiler for Zentradi debris:

Looks more like a Meltrandi ship to me.. but not sure.

Looks more like this to me:
Spoiler for Thuverl-Salan class:
Old 2008-04-25, 13:01   Link #47
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

i believe you're right! I totally missed the SDF section.
Old 2008-04-25, 13:37   Link #48
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Looks more like this to me:
Spoiler for Thuverl-Salan class:
Yep it is that, in DYRL all the Zentraedi ships can open in half and fire the main cannon.

Priceless
Old 2008-04-25, 13:50   Link #49
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Also, I'm assuming the weapon Alto used to destroy the Vajra was the large-bore medium-range liquid plasma cannon from a Nousjadeul-Ger, am I right?
Old 2008-04-25, 15:32   Link #50
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Also, I'm assuming the weapon Alto used to destroy the Vajra was the large-bore medium-range liquid plasma cannon from a Nousjadeul-Ger, am I right?
nice catch Spitfire.

after looking up the information, i concur with your analysis. job's a good 'um

as previous comments has answered the question about the weapons effectiveness and why is human-zentradi "modern" technology is so ineffective.

one probably answer is that their so few examples of the weapon in the surviving remnants of Boddole Zer Main Fleet (Space War I) that reverse engineering of the technology was difficult, since from the TV series we know they had a few of those liquid plasma rifles.

the other reason is that all the automated factories which manufactured the weapons for the fleet did not have the "plans" for the weapons so did not produce this weapon for that zentradi fleet in that sector of the galaxy before they ceased operation.

Speculation is that the zentradi fleets have no mobile automated factories (such as the ones in all macross colony fleets) to produce advanced weaponry or weapon systems, although logical conclusion that the more simpler weapons were constructed and obviously maintained a sufficient production to armed new zentradi clone troops with basic weapons, ammo, armour suits and spare parts.

We can tell they aren't surprised by the weapon, which is why they probably ignored it, along with the zentradi space hulk.

the other reason why UN spacy do not employ plasma weaponry is another simply human reason, current kinetic weaponry, native or zentradi ("Impact" cannons) have been more then sufficient for all the current conflict between zentradi-zentradi encounters (Supervisor Army) and zentradi-human encounters.

really no need to go to the length to make them, although the fact that Michael sniper weaponry is effective, is probably proof that humans have not entirely given up on energy based weapons, as it looks more like linear electromagnetic-plasma. i.e. railgun, combining a kinetic slug with a plasma-shell (railgun use plasma to propel the solid slug down the barrel, hence electromagnetic barrier to contain the plasma)

just see the video below, you can see the plasma exiting the barrel behind the solid kinetic round.
quite beautiful if you ask me.

well, we now know that Bug armour is vulnerable to energy weaponry, even zentradi "impact" cannon rounds at point blank range cannot penetrate it.

it makes the kills in episode one by S.M.S even more impressive if you think about it.
Old 2008-04-25, 17:25   Link #51
Tenerezza

Haven't watched this episode yet just watched some screens but after seeing this one: http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7...7765353eg5.gif

Is this a Zolan? ( The race introduced in Macross Dynamite ) they seem to be very similar in many ways, including the ears and odd hair styles
Old 2008-04-25, 17:31   Link #52
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenerezza View Post
Haven't watched this episode yet just watched some screens but after seeing this one: http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7...7765353eg5.gif

Is this a Zolan? ( The race introduced in Macross Dynamite ) they seem to be very similar in many ways, including the ears and odd hair styles
no.

native Zolan's always have a snake-like telepathic animal around their necks and if i remember (correct me if i'm wrong) they are also Marsupial, in that they have a pouch, very much the same as the native animals on Zola who are marsupial.

They are also genetically related to zentradi's since they were also have been genetically altered by proto-culture to some degree, hence the humanoid form and pointy ears.

But to answer your question, no.

she is not a Zolan, she is a meltradi.

yeah. I know.

Old 2008-04-25, 18:54   Link #53
Tabris

She's adorable.
Old 2008-04-26, 00:04   Link #54
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for :
Old 2008-04-26, 00:51   Link #55
Kronnang_Dunn
Mecha Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadorna View Post
Yep it is that, in DYRL all the Zentraedi ships can open in half and fire the main cannon.

Priceless
Actually it looked more like the Quiltra-Quelamitz Class Medium-Scale Gunboat... The ship Quamzin Kravshera uses in the final assault of New Macross City in the final episode of the original animated T.V. series... (also appeared as part of the Bodolza fleet). This vessel does split its hull when firing its main beam weapon. Maybe it was disabled when it was about to fire...

Spoiler for Macross Frontier Episode 4:

Last edited by Kronnang_Dunn; 2008-04-26 at 01:05. Reason: Image addition
Old 2008-04-26, 00:57   Link #56
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

I like this episode ... alot. It has a bit of everything ... and loli Zentradi (it is just too cute). Oh yea next episode it looks like the love triangle intensifies.
Old 2008-04-26, 04:13   Link #57
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
nice catch Spitfire.

after looking up the information, i concur with your analysis. job's a good 'um

as previous comments has answered the question about the weapons effectiveness and why is human-zentradi "modern" technology is so ineffective.

one probably answer is that their so few examples of the weapon in the surviving remnants of Boddole Zer Main Fleet (Space War I) that reverse engineering of the technology was difficult, since from the TV series we know they had a few of those liquid plasma rifles.

the other reason is that all the automated factories which manufactured the weapons for the fleet did not have the "plans" for the weapons so did not produce this weapon for that zentradi fleet in that sector of the galaxy before they ceased operation.

Speculation is that the zentradi fleets have no mobile automated factories (such as the ones in all macross colony fleets) to produce advanced weaponry or weapon systems, although logical conclusion that the more simpler weapons were constructed and obviously maintained a sufficient production to armed new zentradi clone troops with basic weapons, ammo, armour suits and spare parts.

We can tell they aren't surprised by the weapon, which is why they probably ignored it, along with the zentradi space hulk.

the other reason why UN spacy do not employ plasma weaponry is another simply human reason, current kinetic weaponry, native or zentradi ("Impact" cannons) have been more then sufficient for all the current conflict between zentradi-zentradi encounters (Supervisor Army) and zentradi-human encounters.

really no need to go to the length to make them, although the fact that Michael sniper weaponry is effective, is probably proof that humans have not entirely given up on energy based weapons, as it looks more like linear electromagnetic-plasma. i.e. railgun, combining a kinetic slug with a plasma-shell (railgun use plasma to propel the solid slug down the barrel, hence electromagnetic barrier to contain the plasma)

just see the video below, you can see the plasma exiting the barrel behind the solid kinetic round.
quite beautiful if you ask me.

well, we now know that Bug armour is vulnerable to energy weaponry, even zentradi "impact" cannon rounds at point blank range cannot penetrate it.

it makes the kills in episode one by S.M.S even more impressive if you think about it.
Nice explanation, I would go for the don't-need-it-yet theory as it can't be due to lack of plans. Since the whole point of reverse engineering is to figure out how something works, how to make it and possibly how to make a better one - all from an existing device.
Old 2008-04-26, 16:42   Link #58
ssfsx17

Sheryl is being downright predatory - it's as if she spent a really long time planning how to catch Alto. Or maybe, sneaking around dark alleys and tripping guys is just a Japanese thing. I dunno.
Old 2008-04-26, 17:31   Link #59
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

you know, i keep re-watching the bit where Quan Quan shoots the bug, you notice her main cannon shooting point blank looks remarkably similar to the weapon Alto picks-up, while it's possible that the housing of the weapon is a standard pattern, since we see alot of modern weapons using the same basic design and parts, yet can fire different calibres or use different mechanics, won't be surprised if the Zentradi used the same concept. Certainly makes weapons maintenance very easy for all types used.

It makes me wonder if the cannon Quan Quan use is actually a liquid plasma cannon as well, it certainly "splashed" and the "colour" (orange) of the weapon projectile looks the same.

but then again, the enemy weapon also discharge an "orange" beam like projectile, either this means the weapon they use is plasma based or just a coincident i don't know.

but what i realise is that the dent in the armour could be more or less the real reason why Alto could kill it in one shot.

I think if Quan Quan had the chance to shoot again in the same place, the weapon would of killed the bug in the same fashion as well.

but this is speculation at best. have to wait for some specs to show up.

Old 2008-04-26, 17:39   Link #60
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Hey, Macross Frontier's scripting may be pretty solid and well-done, but it's still written by Yoshino. Loli mode shark tsundere Klien Klan is just up his alley.

Animation and design is still solid in this episode in my opinion, other than several key-frames. Sure, the consistency of the animation dipped a little, but this is where you either favor Kyoto Animation's style of 'consistent consistency' or not minding mixtures/alternatives in animation, like Noein or whatever.

I still think the color palette for Macross Frontier looks horrible though.

To be fair, that certain other's animation directors were never about fluidity to begin with.
Yea that would be my main gripe...Some of the skin tones and hair colors make my eyes wince.

Ah well still a great episode...Seeing as I know about zilch when it comes to macross I found the idea of an alternately giant and loli sized character pretty fun...Hope to see more of her.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Closed Thread