AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ouran Host Club

Notices

View Poll Results: Ouran Host Club Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 147 45.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 100 31.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 53 16.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 4.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.31%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.62%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-01-07, 05:55   Link #61
Domo
それで便座カーバー!

Location: Australia. The land of slow broadband speeds and non-existant anime DVD retailers.
Send a message via MSN to Domo
Overall, it easily earnt a 10/10 from me.

I was a bit sceptical in watching this shoujo romance anime, but decided I would watch it for kicks. Little did I know, how much I adore this anime.

Great comedy, great characters and it doesn't follow your typical reverse harem anime mould.
Ouran High is definitely my favourite comedy series anime, by far.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 10:28   Link #62
Vegard Aune

So, due to the show's popularity and the fact that it was my friend's favourite anime, I decided to buy the DVDs and give this series a try, after having checked out the first two episodes on FUNi's website, and finding them rather enjoyable.

...Basically, I freaking loved every minute of the comedy-based episodes, whereas the more dramatic ones were more hit-and-miss. I did enjoy the last two episodes, but the one focusing on Hikaru and Kaoru's past and a few others just weren't all that great IMO. As the majority of the episodes on the first set were comedic, I'd say I generally enjoyed the series more during that part. However, even though I thought that the really awesome episodes became somewhat less frequent as the series went on, my initial rating for the show never changed. All in all, this was a highly enjoyable series, and it was easily worth the money I paid for it. I'd give it a 9/10.

...On a semi-related note, I recently let one of my classmates borrow the first set, and it seems that she thought it was great as well.
Old 2009-01-31, 12:56   Link #63
XxCoCoxX

Well I loved it <3 i wish there waz more x3 10/10 ofc :'D
XxCoCoxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 03:11   Link #64
Opheliac
Microwave Oven

Send a message via MSN to Opheliac
I love all of it, so bad.
:3
Except... I wish it showed some advancement in Haruhi and Tamaki's relationship.
Although it did end at a perfect spot, I'm just being selfish. x]
Opheliac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 12:16   Link #65
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
A Sweet ending from a good plot: 10/10
Old 2009-02-18, 07:23   Link #66
sbk

Lol I´m a guy and I loved this anime, pretty funny.. Gave it 8 from 10. There should be a second season..
sbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 07:46   Link #67
KimmyChan

A most definate 10/10 from me for this series as I really like it a lot
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 05:59   Link #68
925AnimeFan
The New Guy

I just finished all the 26 episodes in one rush and I got to admit this was a pretty amazing show. Gawd damn i'm tired, i haven't even get any sleep tonight. This Anime is one of the funniest I ever saw and the characters storys are told so great too.

The only thing that disturbed me as a guy A LITTLE is all that shotacon- and twincest-yaoi-faggotrie comming up once in a while (sorry for those hard words). But I guess thats why it's declared as "Shōjo"... and everyone knows there is nothing more funny then screaming fangirls KYAAAA~. If you can just overlook -this kind of stuff-, it's really recomandable even for straight guys (I'm pretty sure that's discribing me too).

Definetly a 9.9/10 on my ranking
925AnimeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 06:18   Link #69
KimmyChan

If there were any rankings of higher than 10 for this series, I'd be right up there with them
Old 2009-05-04, 12:25   Link #70
Dark Lord
Evil Overlord

Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Lord
Shoujo anime is usually something I don't watch at all and romance only themes don't particularly interest me. I almost exclusively watch shonen anime unless I get an exceptional recommendation from people. Well, I got an exceptional recommendation for this one and I'm really glad I did because I really enjoyed it. In fact I gave it a 9/10. I liked many of the characters and found the stories to be really fun.
Dark Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 04:02   Link #71
KimmyChan

Fun has always been the name of the game with Ouran from the start & it just kept on getting better and better with each and every episode...I have no faults about this series whatsoever in my mind at all that I could ever give it
Old 2009-07-04, 00:41   Link #72
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

I remember when I first saw this...before I even knew what anime was, my sister was watching fansubs on her computer and I went over and took a peek at her laptop screen. I was afraid. very afraid. XD Then awhile once I started getting into it, I tried it again, or maybe I was just curious and I got a little scared away, but now I love this show, I think its because now I know alot of the tropes they are mocking and such and it really is great. I just might have to buy it myself because now I'm mooching off of my sister's box set of it ^^

Overall, I really think this was one hell of a show, and the ending for a manga that hasn't even finished yet and keeps going on afterwards the show has ended, the ending was strangely satisfying in a way. It was wrapped up nicely and left me with a smile. I think it was well adapted and I hope I can see more shojo being adapted or shojo be able to be adapted so well in the near future, because Ouran in it's essense is not a dime a dozen. 10/10 for me.
Old 2009-07-19, 03:53   Link #73
Ichigo*
Anime LOVER ♪♫

i really liked this anime a lot! i totally wish it would contiune tho
Ichigo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 21:16   Link #74
RailHeaven

I haven't watched very many animes so far but this is definitely my favorite (followed by Furi Kuri). I never thought that I would like a romance/comedy, especially one like this since I'm a guy, but I was full engaged right from the beginning. While I mostly liked it because it was funny I also enjoyed the character development and "deeper" aspects as well. For example, I liked (1) Kaoru selfless effort to help Hikaru discover and control his feelings for Haruhi, (2) Kyouya's story where he went from hating Tamaki to becoming genuine friends with him, and (3) The fictitious but intriguing rich family dynamics (it made me think of how I would act in a situation like Kyouya's and, to a lesser extent, the situations for first sons like Tamaki and Honey).

Definitely 10/10.
RailHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 11:00   Link #75
Envy
Band Nerd ♥
*Graphic Designer

I gave it a 9/10. It isn't my very favorite anime, but Ouran High School Host Club is very well done. The humor is top notch and just everything about it is great.

The only problem is that it ended so fast. I'd probably give the manga a 10/10 since it's gone further and got a lot more into the story.

“The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.”
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 14:27   Link #76
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

I love this anime a lot, it would be nice if they continued it..

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 08:49   Link #77
euromellows

Love this anime. Rated it 9/10. Didn't think I would like Shojou until I saw this, and along with School Rumble has to be one of the funniest anime series I've ever seen. But come on! Whats the deal with producing one awesome series and not continuing it! I remain hopeful that due to its popularity, they will finish animating this (and School Rumble) one day.
euromellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 02:25   Link #78
aishaelizabeth

Lets see now...

Animation Quality: 10
Because the artwork looks great!

Voice Actors: 10
For the Dub I thought everyone was perfect

Script: 9
It was great and made me laugh

Editing: 10
They did a wonderful job

Average = 10

I really liked Ouran High School I wish they would have another season!
aishaelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 08:47   Link #79
master_buten

this is one of my favorite anime series at first twas kinda weird watching a shoujo romance anime, i was a bit skeptical at first but really it was fun to watch, how i envy haruhi wish they'll have another season.
master_buten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 02:24   Link #80
evo dragoon

I really enjoyed Ouran, i admit my original thoughts were that it was going to be a standard Shoujo, it was good to be proved wrong. Very funny, fun characters and interesting scenarios, 7.5.

Last edited by evo dragoon; 2010-08-07 at 02:24. Reason: typo
evo dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote