AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-31, 10:38   Link #1
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite Web Episode Discussion

Welcome to the discussion thread for the Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite web-streamed episodes. To help keep the broadcast episode threads on topic, use this thread to discuss these "extra" episodes.

Since the anime itself is licensed, these short episodes are also considered licensed (though posting the youtube video from the official Kyoto Animation account is okay).

As usual, the normal episode thread guidelines are in effect, and above all, have fun!
Old 2012-11-01, 02:12   Link #2
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Lite Ep 6 is out

Deko-chan and Mori Summer are such good friends in the "bad buddies" kind of way. I hope they would deal with their relationship in the normal episodes too because I think that even though Shinka is trying to abandoned her Mori Summer alter-ego now, she had to have cared about Deko-chan during those years where they were communicating on the internet so some sort of underlying friendship should be there.
Old 2012-11-01, 02:52   Link #3
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

While Lite episodes is fairly interesting too, these 1.5 minutes every week always make my day...

So HNNNGGGGGG !!
Old 2012-11-01, 09:21   Link #4
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Just as like Kumis said on #5, Shinka and Dekomori are get along very well XD
Dekomori's "DESS" never gets old X3

By the way, it still says "Mata mite ne" instead of "Owari", so they still have more Lite web episode? I remember read on the general thread (or the anime thread before we have the dedicated sub-forum) that the Lite web episode only 6 episodes long...
Old 2012-11-01, 10:03   Link #5
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Just as like Kumis said on #5, Shinka and Dekomori are get along very well XD
Dekomori's "DESS" never gets old X3

By the way, it still says "Mata mite ne" instead of "Owari", so they still have more Lite web episode? I remember read on the general thread (or the anime thread before we have the dedicated sub-forum) that the Lite web episode only 6 episodes long...
Previous episodes (like the main story) said "Tsuzuku" (to be continued). This is a change. There are only 6 episodes as confirmed by the listing of the 7th BD.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-11-01, 10:07   Link #6
inisipis

Lol, episode 6. Dekomori's dekochin repels all forms of attack.
Old 2012-11-01, 14:30   Link #7
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inisipis View Post
Lol, episode 6. Dekomori's dekochin repels all forms of attack.
I honestly didn't expect that to happen. I thought she would have used her hair as a shield...but her forehead reflected it back?

That was a nice last lite ep.
Will miss them. I'm glad they were quite enjoyable along with being a bit insightful on the characters, even though they were so short.

Easy 1/2 hour rewatch marathon though, so cheers for that.
Old 2012-11-01, 14:54   Link #8
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

If this really is the last Lite ep, that's kind of disappointing. I'm gonna miss them.
Old 2012-11-01, 15:17   Link #9
Goggen

So Dekomori has moved on from just annoying Nibutani to all out harassment... Meh, well. I can't say it wasn't fun to watch.
Old 2012-11-01, 15:54   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The Shinka/Dekomori dynamic sure is fun DESS.

It sucks that this was apparently the last episode. These lite episodes have been a nice complement to the series.
Old 2012-11-01, 16:18   Link #11
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...By the way, it still says "Mata mite ne" instead of "Owari", so they still have more Lite web episode? I remember read on the general thread (or the anime thread before we have the dedicated sub-forum) that the Lite web episode only 6 episodes long...
Maybe they mean "see you again" in the main show?

Uesaka Sumire (Dekomori's seiyuu) says in her blog that there will be a seventh episode, which will not be broadcast but will be released with the other six as an extra as part DVD/BD #7. That same info is now on the official site.

EDIT: Read ultimatemegax's post a few posts on: they're not making a new lite ep, but a new full ep, and packaging it with the six lite eps to make a seventh BD/DVD.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-11-01 at 17:50.
Old 2012-11-01, 16:37   Link #12
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

...Damn, they're good at getting money out of people.
Old 2012-11-01, 17:04   Link #13
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
...Damn, they're good at getting money out of people.
Well, with one new full episode and the combined running time of the Lite eps, this seventh volume should have about as much material as the other two episode volumes. More or less the same value.

But yeah, they're good at getting money out of people. I for one will be paying up gladly.
Old 2012-11-01, 17:14   Link #14
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Uesaka Sumire (Dekomori's seiyuu) says in her blog that there will be a seventh episode, which will not be broadcast but will be released with the other six as an extra as part DVD/BD #7. That same info is now on the official site.
Please link to the corresponding blog post because the exact statement in your link says
Quote:
収録:「Lite」全6話(約22分)+新作エピソード1話(24分予定)
(Contents: All 6 Lite episodes (approximately 22 minutes) plus 1 additional new episode (planned for approximately 24 minutes))

If you look on the listings, you see volume one's length says: 本編48分 (Main story 48 minutes long). Divide that by 2 and you get the length of the extra episode, meaning it's not a Lite episode.

Old 2012-11-01, 17:47   Link #15
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

@ultimatemegax -- You're right. Not a new lite ep, but a full ep, packaged with the six lite eps to make a seventh DVD/BD, when originally there were only supposed to be six BDs. Ka-ching! I didn't read past the first line at my link, which was what Sumipe (re-)tweeted. Sorry for the mistake.

I'll edit my initial post back to its original text, which said that the "see you again" may have meant in the show itself.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-11-01 at 21:08.
Old 2012-11-01, 20:21   Link #16
garbage

ah, these lite episodes are so cool and funny ^^ too bad this is the last.... Dekomori's Forehead is OP ,but Forest Summer is a thinking fighter truly a Mage :P

wow had a short break, and now both Chu2koi and Psycho-pass have sub forums.

good thing I watched the lite episode first thing , it's no miss ^^
Old 2012-11-01, 20:53   Link #17
ChronoReverse

Shinka has the best reflexes and super quick planning.

Also, the water balloon she was hauling would have weighed at least 50 pounds! Dekomori is tough too!
Old 2012-11-01, 21:35   Link #18
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Ah I see, so the Lite is indeed finished but we'll get special OVA episode from the 7th volume of DVD/BR.

To be honest I prefer more Lite because that way we can see more short story from more character without Yuuta involvement. I mean I like Yuuta but I want to see more story like Lite #2 where we saw Rikka on her middle school day. That way, we can see how Dekomori usually act without the gang, or Shinka when she was still on her chuunibyou days

Btw, are these Lite episodes original or taken from LN?
Old 2012-11-01, 21:42   Link #19
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Btw, are these Lite episodes original or taken from LN?
All original stories.

Old 2012-11-02, 15:30   Link #20
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Also, the water balloon she was hauling would have weighed at least 50 pounds! Dekomori is tough too!
I feel they had not enough budget for another action scene and decided to bend the law of physics (upheld on all prior episodes) in this last lite episode; a surprise kick that can lift dekomori into the air should have sent her to the hospital (or outright killed her) unless we learn later on she is not only a genius but also a pro-wrestler Then as pointed by chronoreverse, a water balloon that size should weight a lot (more than 50 kilos imo), and catching it from a second floor should requite some serious strength (and doing so without breaking it nor moving is nigh imposible irl).

But after all that going to the same place to bath, either they will end up being best friends or there is some serious yuri+self-denial going on.
Closed Thread