AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2006-10-18, 12:37   Link #221
newtype06

does anyone here have a link to the opening video in youtube? it seems all of em have been removed...
newtype06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 15:28   Link #222
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
Have you ever thought about the slightest, slimmest possibility that the entity known as Britannia has no relation to any real world political entities or "alternative historical developments"?

Until the shows gives more information, I'm not having any speculations about what Britannia is or how it came to be except it's just another "evil empire"
True, we don't know the extent of the Brittanic Empire. But I'm finding it curious that the mechas have British related names - Sutherland, Glasgow,Lancelot. I wouldn't be surprised if the Brittanic Empire actually originates from Britain, having consumed Europe first and then the US.

Also curious is that Karen Stadtfeld is clearly not Japanese (not the name anyway), yet she is in Area 11 fighting the Brittanic empire alongside the elevens. Maybe she is from the original US or UK, part of global anti-Brittanic freedom fighters?
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 15:54   Link #223
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Apparently she's half-Britannian but she fights against them...dunno why yet - either she has a strong disapprobation (political, ideological, social) of their methods, has a personal grudge (it seems she has two siblings but I dunno what became of both...*muses at hypothetical similarities between Lelouch and Karen's past*) or just opposes them as a Area 11 citizen longing for independence and such.

It should be noted that shortly after the attack on Pearl Harbor, there were very strong protests from the Japanese community in Oahu against theJapan Empire, contrarily to what people might believe - so it's not impossible for the same scenario to once again take place in Japan.

At any rate, a possible tandem Lelouch-Karen seems likely although he'd let his identity remain secret. I haven't watched the sub yet but in the manga, Lelouch spots Karen at the Ashford Academy during one of her little meetings with student activists and guesses who she is (also, the truck chase in ep1 didn't occur in the manga so Lelouch never got a sneak peek of her). So I'll consider that in the anime both are unaware of each other's identity. I just believe Lelouch will act as the mastermind behind Karen's actions for a while as it is too risky for him to reveal himself (especially since Suzaku saw him at the hangar and that KF pilot too...although I don't know whether she remembers her encounter with Lelouch or not). Other than that, I don't think she will learn his existence until the very end...or in a certain situation where Lelouch's helmet drops, she recognizes him and he has to gain her trust all over again...but since the main theme is Lelouch sinking further into darkness, I don't think we'll see him in a 'redeeming' situation. As for romance between the two? Well, the setting is most auspicious for such a turn of events but I won't bet any money on it. Both are too revenge-driven to indulge themselves in some fluff...but then again, surprises might pop up along the way. In that case, I'll be all the more eager to see how it'd turn out and how the staff will pull it off considering how they're portraying Lelouch and the situations they're pitting him in currently.

Otherwise, another possible love interest for Lelouch is that Shirley girl, although I'm afraid it'd be one-sided. But her being nitpicky about Lelouch is possible good material for certain tricky situations especially if she were to try to find out what Lelouch is doing (skipping school for anti-Britannia activities)...
Old 2006-10-18, 16:25   Link #224
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Thanks for the info. I'm not entirely sold on the Karen-Lelouch idea yet, but I think she could fall for him without knowing his true identity like you say. Similarities to Batman not withstanding it might be fun to watch them playing off against each other around the academy, with airhead Shirley fretting about the other girl in the background for comedic relief.
Old 2006-10-18, 17:16   Link #225
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Knightmare Frames actually.
Thanks for that i thought it sounded funny when i watched the subs but i still dont like it. It just doent get me in a destructive mood maybe i will warm up to it
Old 2006-10-18, 19:08   Link #226
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Just watched the first 2 eps, great series so far. The mech and character design looks great, the story's not bad either.
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 03:28   Link #227
Cloudy

I never seen a mecha series where a freedom fighter(Lelouch) is as calculating and ruthless as Light from deathnote,it might had the potential of becoming on the best mecha series of all time if the plot is going on a right course.
Old 2006-10-19, 03:45   Link #228
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang

Am I the only one who is remotely disturbed by C.C. sticking her butt right toward the viewer for a split second during the OP sequence?
Spoiler for Screenshot:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 04:30   Link #229
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Am I the only one who is remotely disturbed by C.C. sticking her butt right toward the viewer for a split second during the OP sequence?
Hmm..... Now that I think about it, that part of the OP with the song title and C.C swimming and posing in the sea of Geass was incidently...also my favourite part of the song....for the song...Honest!!. Or was I subconsciously disturbed as well?

If anything, I was more bothered with how parts of the OP looked really really disjointed. It's like they blew their budget for the OP leaving several frames and had to randomly pick some in-show scenes as replacement.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 05:21   Link #230
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Spoiler for Screenshot:
It doesn't bother me, least she's not wearing a skirt to make it blatant fanservice.

I still laugh-out-loud when I see Lelouch on his horse though...

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-10-19 at 05:24. Reason: typo
Old 2006-10-19, 05:23   Link #231
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
That part so doesn't fit the mood of the OP hey. lol
lil-d01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 05:28   Link #232
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-d01 View Post
That part so doesn't fit the mood of the OP hey. lol
I agree, and that probably ties in with the comments about the OP feeling somewhat disjointed in the showing of the scenes. The last few parts felt a little out of place with me too.

Bah...scenes aside. The animation was good, as was the song. (As well as C.C, of course.) Don't misunderstand, though...I was talking about the scene where she lets out a small smile.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 08:03   Link #233
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Hmm..... Now that I think about it, that part of the OP with the song title and C.C swimming and posing in the sea of Geass was incidently...also my favourite part of the song....for the song...Honest!!. Or was I subconsciously disturbed as well?
I didn't notice the sequence until it was mentioned.
Now it's my favorite part of the OP too.
uh, *cough* for the song, of course. yeah...
Old 2006-10-19, 11:47   Link #234
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Dunno if this was ever posted, but here's the next ep trailers page: http://www.mbs.jp/geass/index2.html

For my part, I prefer the ED to the OP...but that's just me. I find it has a little more 'umph' to it.
Old 2006-10-19, 12:47   Link #235
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for ep03 fanservice:
Old 2006-10-19, 12:54   Link #236
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
It doesn't bother me, least she's not wearing a skirt to make it blatant fanservice.

I noticed the butt thing and thought, eh what are you going to do. The horse thing however for some reason gives the opening a Dunbine feel. At least for me.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 13:02   Link #237
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Wow, guess the butt shot during the opening is nothing compared to episode 3
I wonder how old those "children" are... Karen seems quite developed.
Old 2006-10-19, 16:43   Link #238
monstratboy

Wow, well .... wow. For a nearly no action episode number 3 still had my blood pumping.

Spoiler for episode 3:

Last edited by monstratboy; 2006-10-22 at 17:57.
monstratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 17:56   Link #239
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstratboy View Post
Wow, well .... wow. For a nearly no action episode number 3 still had my blood pumping.

Spoiler for episode 3:
Defentily not expecting what happens at the end of the episode. Now it seems the show has gone V for Vendetta....or so it seems.......man, this is going to be one of the best mech animes I've ever seen
SuperAsuradaGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 18:19   Link #240
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Oh snap! I totally didn't realize that ep3 has been aired. O SNAP..time to check it out.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote