Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
That dude's clearly a dude.
... Seriously?
She looks so hot! ... I mean, he.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 18:13   Link #162
blackwhite67
Banned

I can't wait to see some sister action! I was going over the character list and there I saw Komachi Hikigaya.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 18:15   Link #163
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
^ looks a bit like Misaka Mikoto no?
Looks more like Nanami from Utapri.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 18:17   Link #164
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

How surprising this episode was lot clever and subtle than I gave a credit for. I never expected to like this many anime this season. Especially after learning that it's a Light novel adaptation, I thought it was going to be all flash no substance. It seems to have that sincerity that I don't really see much from the anime.
Old 2013-04-07, 18:43   Link #165
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I can't wait to see some sister action! I was going over the character list and there I saw Komachi Hikigaya.
She looks great and quirky!

Here:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I cannot wait, too!
Old 2013-04-07, 20:13   Link #166
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
She looks great and quirky!

Here:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I cannot wait, too!
Oh, that's her! I saw her in the opening. She clearly got the hots for her brother (Does she?). With a little sister like her, it's a wonder how Hachiman grew up to be so cynical.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 20:39   Link #167
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
To be honest, from what I have read about it, a lot of people have problems identifying if there romance in the novel or not

I'm inclined to bet that the anime staff is going to go out of their way to make things look a bit more romantic, though. The op "hints" at a pretty clear love triangle
Depends: what do you define as "romance"? Is it romance as long as one person has some intimate feelings for another, or do they have to desire to be in a relationship as well?

Because it's pretty obvious that Yui has some feelings for Hachiman.

But as for whether any of them want to ask another person out, that's probably where it gets difficult to answer. There's some nice chemistry, but at the same time both Hachiman and Yukino are pretty... cold, to say the least.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 21:28   Link #168
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Yeah verbal exchanges were good, but lacks a certain something. The anime doesn't give off the impression that Hiki and Yukinon are of two diametrically opposite way of thinking despite both of them being 'lonely'.

But hey, this might just me reading the manga version beforehand, so I'm a bit biased. If I had gone into this without knowing anything, I bet it would've been good in my eyes.

Finally, I love Hayamin in these roles, and much prefer it to the spineless ojousama in RDG, or the likes of yamato nadeshiko in Bakuman. No, it's the sharp tongued, blunt characters like Tsuruko in Anohana that IMO where she excels at.
This is pretty much my impression with the series too. Watching the anime felt exactly like reading the manga. They really need a better director to bring forth the advantages of the anime medium.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 02:09   Link #169
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Depends: what do you define as "romance"? Is it romance as long as one person has some intimate feelings for another, or do they have to desire to be in a relationship as well?

Because it's pretty obvious that Yui has some feelings for Hachiman.

But as for whether any of them want to ask another person out, that's probably where it gets difficult to answer. There's some nice chemistry, but at the same time both Hachiman and Yukino are pretty... cold, to say the least.

Not sure about Yui having feelings for him. At least in novels and manga it weren't so explicitly spelled.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-04-08 at 02:38.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 02:28   Link #170
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
With a little sister like her, it's a wonder how Hachiman grew up to be so cynical.
That happens a lot in Romantic Comedies, younger sister is cute and friendly while the older borther is like "What? This drag again? C'moooon..."
Old 2013-04-08, 03:07   Link #171
Tenzen12

That happen in real life too.

Source: Me.
Old 2013-04-08, 03:08   Link #172
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That happen in real life too.

Source: Me.
Nice, haha.
I'm pretty sure it would be quite the opposite if I would have a sister, though.
Old 2013-04-08, 03:48   Link #173
Tenzen12

Don't get me wrong, It's great have little sister, but if you think you wouldn't get anoyed or that it woluld stop you from being bitter (or just) cynic you are mistaken.

Especialy if you are just going watch first episode of Oregairu you were looking forward for months and she come and ask you to let her watch Hannah Montanah instead.
Old 2013-04-08, 04:09   Link #174
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Especialy if you are just going watch first episode of Oregairu you were looking forward for months and she come and ask you to let her watch Hannah Montanah instead.
Lmao, if that would be the case: One day sister, next day, no more sister.
Old 2013-04-08, 04:25   Link #175
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Watched the first episode and the character interactions are definitely a plus for me. Character-driven stuff always gets me. However I must say characters' personalities are a little too detached for me; Hachiman's a tad too much of a realist, Yukino has somewhat of a messiah complex, but Yui's is still fine, just lacking confidence in herself as a person.

Hopefully this starts to fade as it goes on, because it's only the first episode after all. Overall a fairly decent start.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 07:42   Link #176
n120cky

It's me or this series art has strange drawing with the eyes (excluding main character).
Old 2013-04-08, 11:52   Link #177
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
It's me or this series art has strange drawing with the eyes (excluding main character).
I find the eyes pretty cool.
Old 2013-04-08, 11:53   Link #178
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
Watched the first episode and the character interactions are definitely a plus for me. Character-driven stuff always gets me. However I must say characters' personalities are a little too detached for me; Hachiman's a tad too much of a realist, Yukino has somewhat of a messiah complex, but Yui's is still fine, just lacking confidence in herself as a person.

Hopefully this starts to fade as it goes on, because it's only the first episode after all. Overall a fairly decent start.
Probably 'cause the original source makes it easier to get without the limit of the time.

In general, a good episode, and a good anime show even though LN >>> manga >>> anime here.

P:S: Yukipedia still bothers me for some reason. My favorite girl so far is Yui-chan
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 14:28   Link #179
iCK

Can anyone who is currently reading the LN pm me?
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 14:31   Link #180
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
... Seriously?
She looks so hot! ... I mean, he.
I actually have no idea lol.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romantic comedy, school life, shounen