Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-12-28, 03:38   Link #461
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
So, now Shioon has a timelimit of one week before he's offically challenged, as such? Well, maybe this'll get the plot moving again
I'd say this would be the main catalyst, but with one weeks grace period, I fear we are due for another 10+ chapters of 'quite a bit of plot development, but zero Shiion restores his power development.'

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 04:15   Link #462
Iron21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
You know, I kind of wish he had a much more aggressive personality. Much more amusing for him to give her the finger and crack a joke/taunt back at her. It's what his master would have done.
If only.

I miss the sunglasses wearing, middle fingering sticking, smoking a cig badass.

I had wished some of Goomoonryong personalty would have rubbed on Shioon, to at least toughen up his personalty a little. Maybe later on.

Not that I don't like Shioon, I just want him to display some grit before getting his powers back, to show that he doesn't have to have power to show it.

And on a side note, I hope he doesn't keep this short shorts thing going. I know Shioon is supposed to be a little feminine, but good god they're awful. Leave the short shorts wearing to the girls please.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 07:57   Link #463
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I'd say this would be the main catalyst, but with one weeks grace period, I fear we are due for another 10+ chapters of 'quite a bit of plot development, but zero Shiion restores his power development.'
You may be right. And yet, some plot development has got to be worth something, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
I had wished some of Goomoonryong personalty would have rubbed on Shioon, to at least toughen up his personalty a little. Maybe later on.
Well, a little of Goomooonryong rubbed on Shioon, but it's a bit hard to see that with him powerless as things are...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 08:02   Link #464
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
You know, I kind of wish he had a much more aggressive personality. Much more amusing for him to give her the finger and crack a joke/taunt back at her. It's what his master would have done.
xion, I know you miss Veritas, but Shioon's no Gangryong .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 09:54   Link #465
gameboy234

He was drugged to sleep? If yes i wonder why.. The lady is master level, shldn't have problem throwing him.
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 10:16   Link #466
DarkLordOfkichiku

New update on the author's blog (for those who doesn't know, at http://blog.naver.com/tdstudio.do ).

Hmm, is that Sosul!?
Old 2010-12-28, 12:54   Link #467
Johnny
Working the bags...

The face does look like her, but it's hard to tell if she's grown any though since it seems the other two people are different...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 13:13   Link #468
Iron21

Quote:
New update on the author's blog (for those who doesn't know, at http://blog.naver.com/tdstudio.do ).

Hmm, is that Sosul!?
I hope it's her, but I think it's from his other manhwa Beast 9.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 22:48   Link #469
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

It's hard to tell, really. The one who makes and breaks whether or not that pic belongs to Breaker or Beast 9 would be the 'Shiion' on the top-right... Whether or not he is our resident dense powerless guy, Shiion or the red-headed girl from Beast 9... whom of all people, had to have a similar hairstyle to Shiion.

On that note though, The Breakers : NW Chapter 11 would be released a day later than normal, so DarkLordOfkichiku, you can stop hounding Daum on Friday for this week, since it won't be there as scheduled.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-12-28, 23:13   Link #470
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
On that note though, The Breakers : NW Chapter 11 would be released a day later than normal, so DarkLordOfkichiku, you can stop hounding Daum on Friday for this week, since it won't be there as scheduled.
Yes, I know. Well, suits me fine...

Anyway, I guess we'll see - It could indeed be Beast 9, though that does really look A LOT like Shioon & Sosul there, but I guess the author's art is bound to be similar in other works...
Old 2010-12-30, 05:46   Link #471
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

hope its Sosul
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 20:56   Link #472
DarkLordOfkichiku

Chapter 11 (raw/korean of course) is out:

http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/viewer/9978

Edit: Now even a translation has appeared! Be sure to thank the guy if you have an account on Mangahelpers!:

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=423

Last edited by DarkLordOfkichiku; 2011-01-01 at 01:46.
Old 2011-01-01, 02:50   Link #473
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Chapter 11 (raw/korean of course) is out:

http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/viewer/9978

Edit: Now even a translation has appeared! Be sure to thank the guy if you have an account on Mangahelpers!:

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=423
Nice.

A thanks ( and goodbye ) to ChaoticKen. And to you as well, for being one of Ken's 'look forward to' guy.

Jinie, getting flustered, all day, every day by Shiion.

And the utter arrogance and confidence of Sera almost makes me hope Goomoonryoung will actually appear to wreck that pretty cool face of hers. Almost, because I still think it would be better if Goomoonryong doesn't appear until the time when Shiion has finally come to learn the truth of various things.

Though it's good to see things isn't slowing down. I was expecting the story to turn its focus away from the dastardly duo for a short moment and maybe shift into S.U.C. or The Goomoonryong Fanboy Club ( assuming they're not one and the same ) for a bit first during the 'one week's grace period.'

Old 2011-01-01, 08:06   Link #474
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Seriously, can someone help me read this? How exactly does one read the chapters on Daum?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 08:12   Link #475
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Seriously, can someone help me read this? How exactly does one read the chapters on Daum?
seriously no clue what are you talking about.... what.. help you read Korean.... or do you have problems in flipping pages of that chapter (remember you read it from right to left)

you need to write more precisly what's your problem is...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 11:08   Link #476
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I mean, whenever I go on the page, all I see is a blank page, and a little message in Korean.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 11:53   Link #477
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Wait a bit till it loads?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 14:45   Link #478
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I mean, whenever I go on the page, all I see is a blank page, and a little message in Korean.
click the left part of the blank page you see to flip to the next page.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 14:45   Link #479
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Yeah, sadly, it doesn't look like Shioon will be getting his powers back any time soon.... Which is annoying beyond belief. He's the main hero of an action manga and he can't fight worth crap. All of his growth was pretty much reverted-- not just physically, but mentally as well. He's back to pretty much being a wuss.

Think it was a bad decision on the author's part. Regressing a character in a manga is never received well.
Old 2011-01-01, 15:12   Link #480
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Nice.

A thanks ( and goodbye ) to ChaoticKen. And to you as well, for being one of Ken's 'look forward to' guy.
Bah, I did nothing that deserves thanks. I just pointed out where it was, which surely someone else would have if not me.

Quote:
Jinie, getting flustered, all day, every day by Shiion.
Heh, one can already see the signs of Shioon worming his way into her (not literally of course ). Just two days earlier she was apparently ready to leave him to the wolves (provided that they'd only bite him not kill him), now she's outright stating that she's worried about him .

Quote:
And the utter arrogance and confidence of Sera almost makes me hope Goomoonryoung will actually appear to wreck that pretty cool face of hers. Almost, because I still think it would be better if Goomoonryong doesn't appear until the time when Shiion has finally come to learn the truth of various things.
Unlikely that he'll appear but you never know. Anyway, now we have a better insight into their motivations - they apparently want revenge on Goomoonryong, but they know that he's far above them, so they're apparently settling for the next best thing - kill the helpless apprentice instead . However, it's apparently turning out to not be as simple as killing him, since someone's protecting him. For now, they seem to dismiss the possiblity that it's the Chundomoon or Sunwoo Clan (oh, how wrong they are), because that would be biting off more than they could chew, apparently... But what will they do once they realize that it's indeed the Sunwoo clan who are protecting Shioon...?

Quote:
Though it's good to see things isn't slowing down. I was expecting the story to turn its focus away from the dastardly duo for a short moment and maybe shift into S.U.C. or The Goomoonryong Fanboy Club ( assuming they're not one and the same ) for a bit first during the 'one week's grace period.'
Well, we'll see. If you think about it, very little time has passed since New Waves began. A week passed between Shioon rejecting the Sunwoo clan's offer of leadership and Shioon meeting Jinie for the first time. Since then, by my estimation, no more than two days have passed and with chapter 11, we're on the third day. Imagine that, ten chapters and barley three days have passed yet. so if the timelimit's a week, it may be 20-30 chapters before something happens

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves