AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2009-05-12, 22:25   Link #741
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Hm? When it comes to anime and related goods, I'd be surprised to know of other countries that are more expensive than Japan.
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 08:42   Link #742
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

EH? Things are so expensive in Japan? I'm aware that Sushi is awesomely expensive there... But... Anime's??? Or are they expensive because the Japs get a better saslary thatn us?? XD

Anyways, I HOPE THAT SEASON 3 IS NO APRIL'S FOOL JOKE.... They need to give us a better story...

Ah: Dr Casey said: *********

Yeah, I'm pretty much done with the second series (I'm on episode 23). And I don't know if AnimeSuki has softened up towards the sequel or not, but seriously, I have no idea what people are talking about when they claim Shakugan II to be so inferior to the original. The action scenes are genuinely exciting unlike the original's, the slice of life segments were enjoyable, and Shana's relationship with Yuji was a lot more tender than it used to be. I liked how protective she was of him (Yeah, she risked her life to save him long before, but she still seems more consistently open about her feelings in Shana II; look at how much hostility she shows towards Pheles - saying they can only meet up if she doesn't hurt Yuji, brandishing her sword and threatening to kill Pheles if she does anything to harm Yuji, promising at the end of episode 15 that she won't ever let her get that close to Johan again), and the parts where Shana cries over Yuji in episode 15 is one of the best scenes in the series.

Do I have my complaints? Yeah, but they're minor. The slice of life stuff is the half of the series I prefer, but I admit the early parts were a bit unbalanced. It's just kind of... off for a story to virtually change genres. There were some parts where Shana's change in character was a little hard to believe... it's nothing that I can't accept, but considering her previous asocial nature and not wanting to expand beyond a few close relationships, there's some parts (Such as the Seishuu Festival, merrily gallivanting around in a Dorothy outfit in front of hundreds of people, getting cozy with relative acquaintances like Tanaka, Ogata, Satou, etc) where she does seem a bit too much like a social butterfly. And even though this last point is my own problem moreso than the anime's... well, I like Shana's jealous, moody side. It was a bit sad to see her mature (Though it's infinitely better than Zero no Tsukaima's vapid regressions and inconsistencies, which I was thinking J.C. Staff might replicate with Shana - that "I'm just a Familiar" and "You're just a Familiar, I'm an aristocrat!" crap had no place past the first series).

I can see why people might be more fond of the original Shakugan no Shana than the second - it's a more tightly plotted story and has a wide number of good points - but I see no reason at all that the second should be so notorious.

So, is it just a rumor that Shakugan no Shana III begins this autumn?

EDIT: Never mind, I know the story now. 'That series everyone likes is coming back in the Fall.' Yeah. Sounds conclusive enough to me.

I think that we don't like Shana II that much because the start of the series are quite messed up... And the fillers are basically near Half or 1/4 of the Series.

I do agree with you however, that seeing Yuji fight and having this epic battle against Sabrac was very good. But I must say, the ending wasn't very good, season's one ending out classing it by a LOOOONNNNGGGG WAAAAYYYYYY.
Terminator98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 09:03   Link #743
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Maybe Shana's not really fitted as 3 24-episode series, but as a 72-episode series.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 04:35   Link #744
KimmyChan

That would make more sense in a way, as that'd still be pretty enjoyable lengthy enough
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 09:14   Link #745
Terminator98
*Author

Eh... The problem is... There isn't a lot of things to cover now... We pretty covered up most of the novel's story...
Old 2009-05-14, 09:22   Link #746
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I haven't touched the novels yet, but I think the only thing missing in the whole story is
Spoiler for novel info, just to be safe:
The other details to touch on (the Silver and Margery, e.g.) is kinda minor compared to that. Do you think they'll integrate "slice-of-life fillers" into III so that it would fit to 24 eps?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 09:23   Link #747
KimmyChan

I'm hoping that Margery Daw is featured more in the second series of Shana as she's one of my favourite characters
Old 2009-05-14, 09:52   Link #748
Deus_Ex_Obscurum

Holy shitberries!

I just bought the box-set and I'm in love with the series! I swear I almost jizzed myself at how glorious it is!

The animation style is superb across both gender's and the fight scenes really are beautiful.

Excellent conflicting persona's across the board.

Simply is a beautiful anime without compare IMO.

The comedy is excellent as is the action.
Deus_Ex_Obscurum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 10:27   Link #749
Terminator98
*Author

@Marcus.H

Yeah... that's pretty much what's left... XD

Anyways, unless SnS Novels writer gets some good inspiration....

So I think that if we waited a bit more and pushed back the release date of SnS III , there'd be more things to put to make SnS III awesome.

@Deus_Ex

Yeah... This anime is pretty good. Without compare I don't know... ( I personally love Gundam 00, Seed and Macross Frontier )
Old 2009-05-14, 10:58   Link #750
Deus_Ex_Obscurum

Oh come on. In what series does the heroine have the line "Shutup, shutup SHUTUP!"

It's cute and funny!
Old 2009-05-14, 11:43   Link #751
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
Oh come on. In what series does the heroine have the line "Shutup, shutup SHUTUP!"

It's cute and funny!
Shakugan = Cute and Funny

I agree 100%. But... I miss mecha... XD And I miss... Maybe some more seriousness... ( Dante Style from Devil may Cry )

I WANNA SEE A MOBILE SUIT WITH SHANA AS PILOT!! THE MS MUST BE ABLE TO GROW FIRE WINGS AND IS ARMED WITH A FREAKING KATANA!!!!

Old 2009-05-14, 11:46   Link #752
Deus_Ex_Obscurum

So what...you want a red, orange, black, white and blue form of Wing Zero, painted so it looks like a living blaze?

*Grins*

Or maybe Epyon?

And I would actually say Shana wields a dai-katana. A katana is shorter than her blade so a Dai-Katana makes more sense.
Old 2009-05-14, 12:04   Link #753
Terminator98
*Author

OHHHHHH.... Yes....

But begone of the Gundam head... Put something more Shana like... ( Not a chibi for god's sake... XD )

Actually.... remove the White and Blue... XD

Also, maybe her blade should look like the Gerbera Striaght from the Astray Red Frame:

Bah... Wanna see a Shana/Devil May Cry/Soul Eater/Code Geass/ Gundam Cross Over.

If this has a very good story, this would be EPIC!!!!
Old 2009-05-14, 12:24   Link #754
Deus_Ex_Obscurum

*Shakes head* No no...Shana in a FMP Mecha!

Definitely suits her especially Soukse's type!

I'd be tempted to say a melon bread head for lulz...but why not a phoenix head, the ultimate being of fire?

Or even better a Phoenix mecha?
Old 2009-05-14, 13:37   Link #755
Terminator98
*Author

Eh??? I would prefer a Gundam Style mecha... definitely... XD Still, different people = different tastes.

Phoenix Mecha seems good.
Old 2009-05-14, 18:29   Link #756
Zantetsuken

Spoiler for Shana's Custom Gundam:

Got it from the net. It's a modified Gundam, I think it's modified from the Strike Gundam
Old 2009-05-14, 21:18   Link #757
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
Spoiler for Shana's Custom Gundam:

Got it from the net. It's a modified Gundam, I think it's modified from the Strike Gundam
Modified from the Destiny Gundam, actually. There is a Strike Gundam variation, though, with a dragon theme.
Old 2009-05-14, 22:42   Link #758
Dr. Casey

These are my estimates for the IQ levels of the cast from Shakugan no Shana.

Yoshida: 200
Alastor: 180
Shana: 170
Yuji: 150
Margery Daw: 135
Hecate (Season 2): 124
Marco: 120
Chigusa: 115
Seita: 108
Ogata: 100
Hecate (Season 1): 86
Tanaka: 63

Does everyone agree or disagree with this list?
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 01:21   Link #759
Zantetsuken

DISAGREE BIG TIME!!!

How does Yoshida got 200? She never did anything smart.

Yuji Should be one of the highest, because he always manage to discover the enemy's tactic.

Margery should also be high, she's a master of Power of Unrestrained that requires some intelligence.
Old 2009-05-15, 06:58   Link #760
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus_Ex_Obscurum View Post

It's cute and funny!
Totally and utterly agree with you! It's what makes Shana Shana!

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, supernatural